test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Reviews

muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Being the Foundry Junkie I am, I was planning on spending the next 3 days doing missions, but think I'd like to pay back the foundry devs, by offering my services. I am going to use this long weekend to test your review missions, with my low level CW, and my 40+ GWF.

If you'd like me to run your mission, post the info here for me, to make things as easy as possible. Once I have run the mission, and sorted out my notes, I'll reply with a quote to your request, and let you know of any issues I found. If you'd like me to focus on something specific let me know.

I'm not sure how the review system works, but I'll load up on a couple stacks of HP's, and injury kits, and have at it.

Can't wait to see some new content.

FYI - I am giving preference to quests still not approved in the review section. If I skip yours, that might be why, but I'll try to get to most of them.

Edit: I'll continue doing these this week, I like to do 1 foundry a night after work.
Post edited by muzrub333 on

Comments

• dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey mate, I should have a new one ready to go for testing in next day or so. Code is in the sig. Thanks!
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Thanks for the this :) A list of my quests/campaigns below for review

Campaign Name: The Tale of the 3 Suns NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256451-3-Suns-Aligned-Part-1-of-the-Amulet-of-the-Suns-campaign

Quest 1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    Quest 2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    Author: @pavvo
    Est. Time per quest: 19min Solo. Can be duoed.
    Note: Quest 2 presents you with choices that determine how the quest will play out. This gives the quest a huge amount of replayability depending on the choice you make :)

Campaign Name: The Legend of Khyber NWS-DK33EIYMY
    URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256431-Holy-Symbol-of-Khyber-A-short-quest

Quest 1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    Quest 2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Author: @pavvo
    Est Time per quest: 15 min solo. Can be duoed
    Notes: These 2 quests are heavy combay with light story. If you like waves of enemies with a story to tie it all in, this is for you :)
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hi :) My quest is in sign.I'd be happy if you could give it a look. I need feedbacks.
    thanks in advance
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • silithas97silithas97 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Name : An Adventure To Die For
    Code : NW-DD9NYO9ZP
  • lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank is really awesome of you. Thank you.

I am just a few plays short of twenty to be eligible for the daily quest so I'd love it if you have time to fit me in. And of course, feedback is always appreciated so please share any ideas on how to improve.

Nightmare on Market Street
    NW-DHF54C3EV
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If ya get around to it, I'd love some feedback. Short Code is NW-DS8ASIEED. 20-25min dungeon crawl quest with story and all.
  • beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just published my first adventure and it's a doozy. If you get a chance to check it out and review, I'd love to know what what you think!

The Vaalyr Prophecy - Prologue: Misty Hollow
    NW-DISM87G71
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks!

The Exterminator - NW-DLNXF3BGG

It is my first quest. It should be about 15 minutes. Everything should be working. I'll happily look into any comments you got.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • brute2112brute2112 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool.

Mine is Dark Souls the Depths. NW-DBCA3LC05 Its out for review right now.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks mate, check out my quest, please.
    Act 1 : The abandoned mines? @vold316
    NW-DHD2OVVYC

I hope that you enjoy it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • vengefuldeityvengefuldeity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Campaign: The Oracle of Ages

NW-DMMLWSZB5 Chapter One: The Missing Child

Hey there. This is my very first outing. Would love to get some eyes on it.
  • darkaninddarkanind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    NW-DUCYKYQHA
    Pirate's Cove.
    Thanks!
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're not full just yet, feel free to wander through my prologue. ( Yes, I am working on the 'real' story right now, but it will take a while for that to get done! )

Short Code: NW-DJS69CYZ9

Campaign: Following the whispers.
    Quest: Whispers.

Instead of the receiving of a letter, a courier or overhearing gossip, this quest begins when you start to have nightmares. After a day or two, strange whispers none other can hear even plague you while you are awake. You can't make out too much, even though you try, but a name and a location are small details you can pick out. These you follow, perhaps hoping for adventure, cold hard coin, but definitely for answers.

-Reasonably small map (15+ min)
    -Handmade environment and NPC
    -Multiple fights and traps
    -Light dialogue
    -Open end
    -Story is meant to make one think and set up for more chapters. There is a reason why not everything is explained.
  • ninjanerdbgmninjanerdbgm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to have feedback on my first published quest!

It's called The Trouble with Tricksters (Spotlight URL)

Riddles, fighting, and hidden things!

Author: @ninjanerdbgm
    Shortcode: NW-DPODXQKGW
    Time to Complete: 25 - 40 minutes (depending on your aptitude with solving riddles)
    Difficulty (Solo): Moderate to Hard
    Difficulty (Group): Easy to Moderate
    @ninjanerdbgm

Try out my first quest on the Foundry, The Trouble with Tricksters!
    Shortcode: NW-DPODXQKGW
  • gladmoregladmore Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi there!

I recently finished my first little Foundry adventure. I would love an honest review if you find the time for it.

Ghosts of Loved Ones
    (NW-DO7G4LK2H)

Lumina Barrington, the Barmaid at the Gladmore Inn, is in need of urgent assistance.
    The word has gotten out that Vince River and his band of Rebels are causing problems.

It all starts with what seems to be a normal thug-brawl. However, it does not take long for the evening to go straight down.. and then even deeper.
    You must discover what truly lies beneath a seemingly normal evening at a popular venue.

Type: (Light Story), (Combat heavy dungeon crawler)
    Length: (25 to 45 min)
    Combat: (Solo=Medium/Hard), (Duo=Medium)
    Known bugs:

[Minor]
    Some missing Visual / and Sound effects. This is a well known client error. Nothing I can do as of now.
    Ghosts of Loved Ones [Light Lore] [Heavy Combat] [25-45min] NW-DO7G4LK2H
  • lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine are in my sig. Try one, or both if you like.
    If you ever want me to run through one of yours just let me know.

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd certainly like to get a couple more reviews on my initial missions, they're both pretty short (15-20 mins each) and designed mostly for solo play (I fully expect the average duration would be destroyed by groups but oh well).. Certainly would love feedback on where I can improve and develop my ideas.. so, feel free to give them a shot..

Author: @ceryndrion

Beneath The Trap Door: NW-DEUIT7HI6

Into Darkness: NW-DPAWOYEUI
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • coldsteel55coldsteel55 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My new quest certainly needs more reviews and if you have the time it would be great to have you review it:

Author: @coldsteel55
    Campaign: The Soul of a City
    Chapter 1: Passage into Darkness
    Shortcode: NW-DNSFL3CF3
    Description: Story. Humor. Moderate combat.

Not commonly known is that Neverwinter was built on the bones of far older cities that flourished in antiquity only to fall and be lost in time and memory. Some were destroyed by war, others by fires, plagues, or other great disasters. A few fell by means that are less easily explained. The ruins of these ancient cities still exist sunken far beneath Neverwinter, layered deep and deeper, ruin piled upon ruin, until the very oldest of them all approaches the boundaries of the Underdark itself.

You are sought out by the agent of a shadowy organization within the city offering a business proposal of mutual benefit. To delve deep beneath the city by way of little known paths in the darkness and there find the ruins of the oldest city of them all. There is something buried there they want desperately. At any cost.
  • sketchsevensketchseven Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you have time would welcome reviews for Noises In The Dark - NW-DB89Y67YR

It's a fairly simple and straightforward quest.
  • tarum89tarum89 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Hi there, if you like an old style adventure, An Artifact from the depth is what you're looking for :P
    You can use my banner to see something about my quest :)
    In the end, if you choose to play it, you can write your comments in my thread. Thanks, enjoy!
  • pocketcopperspocketcoppers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Intro quest has been submitted for publishing. 'A Circumspect Strength' NW-DHDXPT9WB is a fairly brief, story-heavy beginning for an intended campaign.
    Lo, the mighty Oak: Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Planning on trying out all of these this afternoon, so please feel free to try mine back on the first page guys!
  • scillaenscillaen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Howdy!!! Quest is in sig, hope you enjoy it!!!!!
    Try my Foundry mission - Breyor's Quest: NW - DUYZJ7L88

Its an amusing tale of missing cloaks, terribly named villains and a fountain of blood.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brute2112 wrote: »
    Cool.

Mine is Dark Souls the Depths. NW-DBCA3LC05 Its out for review right now.

Okay, after some tech issues kept me off most of last night, I did this one this morning Level 19-20 CW with basic green gear, and a Guard companion (level 8).

Quest was just right as far as difficulty for my level, and I enjoyed it. Now on to the nit picking. I tried to look for any issues, and some are trivial, others a real pain in the butt. I'll start at the zone map, and go all the way through.

- Title on zone map says "Dark Souls the Depths" Change to either "Dark Souls:The Depths" or Dark souls of the depths"

- 1st Encounter (Surprise!) Difficulty is fine. Mobs seemed to get bunched up and would "warp". One always went to the entrance of the zone, and others would fall from the ceiling at half health several seconds later. Pathing issues?

- Fallen Hero - Change name to A Fallen Hero. F key says "Press F key to talk to Fallen Hero", change to "Press F key to talk to A Fallen Hero". Fallen Hero Text - "...find my soul?" Change ? to a period. Yellow text "talk to Fallen Hero" change to "talk to A Fallen Hero". "Continue" is dialog menu makes you begin all dialog from the start, rather than stepping back a single step. Choice #3 in menu "looks lost in thought" change to "The Fallen Hero looks lost in thought." Choice #2 change ? to period. Sub-Choice text "Just watch your footing..." add comma after footing. Also not really informative. The "bridges" are not immediately obvious which leads to biggest issue...

- The Bridges-make more visible, or add a better hint in text with A Fallen Hero. I skirted along the wall, toward the billowing gas/smoke cloud, rcvd a notice of discovering a camp site, so continued to the cloud. I had no idea their were bridge they were so faint. Falling allows you to fall through the lava, where you end up trapped in a large unfinished area, with no possible exit points, or jump up points. I actually thought this was part of the dungeon, so I tried for quite some time. Eventually had to Exit the instance. This happened again once I found the bridges, because the entire bridge is not actually a path, it continues, but you fall through, (by the cloud). Maybe a more obvious color, and trim the bridges so they don't appear to continue. Lava will not kill you, but you have no way out except exiting.

- 2nd encounter - Easy Breezy. random Loot falls through bridges to be lost below. Crypt - Loot text reads "You find Fallen's Soul" change to "You find The Fallen Heros soul" or maybe "Soul of the Fallen Hero". Hovering over the loot with cursor you read "Sould of a Fallen Hero" change to "Soul", also quest title to "Dark Souls of the Depths" for continuity. See first point above. Crypt Vanishes after looting, not sure why. You can also slip between the wall and the bridge here, and once again need to exit.

-Beyond the barrier. (lower floor) All encounters fine for difficulty, but might be tough at higher levels. Using CW Repel, pushed mob over wall into lava, where it fell through, but did not die. This kept the entire area in perma combat even after other mobs were cleared. When mob did reappear at it's spawn point, so did the other mob in the encounter, that had actually already been killed. (upper floor) All combat fine, or maybe too easy. No Boss in entire dungeon? Some of the little guys in the final room were already at half health, they seemed to be taking damage from the lava/flames. Chest appears, and works fine, no loot issues.

Nice atmospheres, I really like the direction you are taking. Just polish up a few rough edges, and fix those bridges, or make the lava waste deep, with some point to jump out. If you do that, be sure to make the damage a bit higher, so people feel compelled to get out of it.

Gave you 4 stars because it's still in the review section, maybe it will get a 5 from me once finished. I spent 2 hours on this one...off to the next.

/Cheers
    edited May 2013
    Intro quest has been submitted for publishing. 'A Circumspect Strength' NW-DHDXPT9WB is a fairly brief, story-heavy beginning for an intended campaign.

Very Brief for sure. I took my time and think it took 7 minutes the first time. That being said, it is a fantastic intro quest. I honestly couldn't find any issues. There might be a semi-colon/colon mistake, but I honestly was not sure. I reviewed all of the text, trying all the combinations; well done. The NPC animations matched, down to facial/body language. One of the best written heavy text missions I've seem. Combat was sparse, but added a little action, or not... ;)

Played through twice just to see some alternate text for the pacifist/stealthy route.

5 stars and I can't wait to see what this branches off into. Thanks for making this short but very sweet gem.
    edited May 2013
    zlainfurry wrote: »
    If ya get around to it, I'd love some feedback. Short Code is NW-DS8ASIEED. 20-25min dungeon crawl quest with story and all.

Okay, last one before this old man takes a nap.

I liked it, what can I say! Gave you 4 stars due to a few issues, but hopefully easily fixed. I'll start at the beginning and note anything that caught my eye. All encounters were nicely balanced for 20-21 (yeah I leveled again, wish we could turn it off for Foundry testing)

- 1st Encounter. Drow Hurlers are Kobolds. Maybe make them Kobold Thrall Hurlers

- Dusty Anvil text. Change "Pressing the seal in" to "upon pressing the seal" redundancy issue.

- 2nd Encounter. One Drow is called "Spitting Spider"

- Priestesses Book text. Title says "Book-Open 01" maybe give it a name like "Warding with Glyphs" . For continuity in the text, "...Dwarven Glyphs often found in ruins." add the underlined. Otherwise passage does not really make sense.

- Glyphs rooms; No physical glyphs visible. Just glowing emptyness.

- The Ruins (Caves) - Quest tells us to "Explore the Ruins", but areas right off the main path, that appear to be solid are infact not, and you can fall to your death. These are right by the group of mobs guarding the first rolling door. As much as I hate invisible walls, this spot might need one, because it looks like you can get down below the walk way easily, but you cant. It is not an obvious hole like in so many other areas, it looks like solid ground.

- Speaking of holes in the ground. Great job with the random holes, and your trap placement. I fell down one while trying to be sneaky, hello death...looking down is a good thing in this dungeon, and I like that.

- Page on ground: Entrance is spelled wrong (enterence is what you have) The part with Kalrenks talk also has entrance spelled incorrectly.

My overview; good job, I like the variety in the dungeon. I also liked the wandering mobs, added the need to time things a bit. Oh, if you can control the overall music volume, turn it down. It overwhelms everything else.

Edit: Did this again with 44-45 GWF. Well balanced, and challenging in parts. Good Boss fight! No loot at completion, empty chest. (not your fault, but a concern for foundry authors)
    edited May 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Hey mate, I should have a new one ready to go for testing in next day or so. Code is in the sig. Thanks!

Hey I did both of your active quests, and really enjoyed them. Princess Bride references never get old. For fun, tongue in cheek adventures, they were great. Balance was really good on my GWF, with just enough difficulty to keep me interested.

Really liked the level 27. Some clever uses of object to make thing interesting.

Keep it up!
  • mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey muzrub,

Thanks a ton for doing this! I just posted my first foundry quest late last night and I'm eager to hear what people think of it. If you still have room in your schedule, check out Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator (NW-DBFUDMT8L). I'd love to hear anything you have to say about it, though I am especially concerned about combat balance since I found out the hard way what respeccing your test dummy Foundry alt does.
    c447.png
    edited May 2013
    Reserving another
    edited May 2013
    And another reservation