test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I have had enough of your qq

stripiestfilly0stripiestfilly0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
HEALER AGRO
This mechanic is intelligent, the AI in this game is smarter than most of its players it seems.
In pvp situation you go after a healer first oh wait half the pvp'ers are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> too.

Finally a game has some AI that is a challenge why are you complaining ? do you want to have to NOT THINK or BE AWARE of situations lets make a game where you spam one button to win and not even have to watch the screen or your team mates or the enemy or anything.

I am seriously in awe of how people are qq'ing about this. The fact that you have to help someone and not be the big f.uckin hero by yourself shows truely how self centred you are.

In my opinion the healer should be the most prioritized team member - ALWAYS LOOK FOR THEM ALWAYS HELP THEM.
they cant heal dead - and thats ok if they die its NOT thier fault its the rest of the team being f.uckin stupid and not paying attn.

PLEASE I BEG OF YOU PW DO NOT CHANGE THIS MECHANIC - LET PEOPLE LEARN HOW TO PLAY IN A TEAM.

And for the qq'r who are going to jump on me for saying all this, your intelligence level well - i dont even know what to say apart from durrhurrr
and im sure ill hit a few fanboi's of smart AI [and smart players] and theyll support me.

I think in some cases id rather have pug AI players than humans.
Sorcerer.jpg
Post edited by stripiestfilly0 on

Comments

• Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, I think there's too much effort put in complaining the game isn't what they expect, and not enough effort put in utilizing what the game offers.
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's the role of the tank if he doesn't aggro anything?
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    People aren't saying to remove it, it's pretty stupid for a heal to take more aggro than the GF's taunt. When a system forces a class out of existence there is a problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What's the role of the tank if he doesn't aggro anything?
    Agro should NEVER be AUTOMATICALLY thrown to a tank I have may one two hits on a mob thats on a healer and bam i have agro back. maybe youre one of those people that always picks O instead of X in tictactoe?
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aronwen wrote: »
    People aren't saying to remove it, it's pretty stupid for a heal to take more aggro than the GF's taunt. When a system forces a class out of existence there is a problem.

Yes this is true but i mean initial mob pops/pulls not a healer smashing on a mob and healing while a tank isnt ~really~ tanking it
    I understand what you mean and I apologize for not stating it more clearly in OP - a tank should "easily" regain or gain agro if its on the healer, this may not be 100% the case as the healer may have a high threat on the mob already and takes longer or more dps/taunt to regain agro
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Instead of typing random nonsense could you please answer my question: What's the role of the tank if he doesn't aggro anything?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Instead of typing random nonsense could you please answer my question: What's the role of the tank if he doesn't aggro anything?

not sure what you mean, i have no trouble generating threat on any tank class - maybe youre bad?

ejfhnv9pq847nq[98m < that my friend is randomly typed nonsense, what i wrote was infact an english derived "opinion"
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not sure what you mean, i have no trouble generating threat on any tank class - maybe youre bad?

Then why does your healer have aggro?

Then why did you make this thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is quite simple for the tank cleric to get agro from the healer cleric...
  • Options
    jayws84jayws84 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Playing a GF myself, I have to agree. I've complained many times that threat isn't balanced, but it's not the main problem. I do like that I have to work for my aggro and that I have to be an active tank. There are other mechanics that come in the way of this, unfortunately. But I don't want it to be as in WoW, you just stand there and AoE taunt over and over. It's supposed to take skill, not be a brainless button masher.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    Then why does your healer have aggro?

Then why did you make this thread?
    healer has agro cos i havent hit the mob yet , so clever you need a star *
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your right it should require skill and teamwork to protect the Cleric. Unfortunately with the aggro situation the GWF does not have enough threat moves to do that. In fact without speccing into the sentinel path they have absolutely no threat moves. The only real problem with GF threat is that those Companion tanks still make more threat than they do on a consistent basis.

And the truth is a dumb cleric that spams heals and and does not wait for a bit of aggro gain first will get killed quickly, And there is nothing a GF can do against a dumb cleric, Since they have no "real" taunt they mark do damage and build threat quickly. Mark alone does not do anything. I dont think it needs to I just think the Tab power needs to have more of a taunt mechanic with a respectable cool down instead of a single target mark that becomes completely obsolete at lv 35 GF.

GWF is another story and there role and probably whole class needs to be completely reworked and very defined.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could live with constant aggro if i wasn't healing myself for 3000HP (1000*5 FF) while i'm healing your sorry *** for 5000HP when you actually don't need it because you dn't give a rat's *** bout whatever happens to me.

/righteousness is not RIGHT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    perfectindigoperfectindigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what would be smart? If when you entered a dungeon, at the first sound of battle, every single thing in the dungeon ran after you and killed you instead of waiting in small clusters to die. You would always lose. The End.

Or if the boss of an area would show up as soon as you killed a few of his minions and killed you when you were still 5 levels too weak to face him.

It would be smart but wouldn't be very fun.

Being smart and realistic isn't what makes an mmo fun. Giving people roles and opportunities to fail or succeed at those roles is what makes an mmo fun. When people are good at their role, they should get a sense of satisfaction from their contribution to the team.

Currently the tanking role is not done by the tank classes, but rather is partly unnecessary due to how fights work and partly unnecessary due to clerics fulfilling the role better. This leaves tanks without a satisfying role. They can either chase after things feeling ineffective and frustrated, or give up on tanking and go dps.

Compare the Neverwinter chicken chaser tank to other mmos, where tanks manage aggro, tank damage, and position enemies. They have an important role, rather than being unnecessary. It's more fun to have a role than to be irrelevant.

If you're still not getting it, think about other things that aren't very smart. If people can have rings that regenerate health, then why not wear more than two rings and regenerate health so fast that dps don't need clerics? Then the clerics could sit around making irrelevant circles on the ground while the dps kill the boss and wonder if they should just take 5 dps next time.

When the game is broken, the roles fall apart, and the people who want to do those roles aren't having much fun.

If you like the idea of tanks endlessly chasing mobs because it seems smart, then you need to think up a way to make that fun for the tanks. Standing around taking tons of damage and feeling like you're protecting the party is fun for tanks. How can you make chasing trash mobs that are ignoring you seem fun?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Great post Perfectindigo! i think the "chasing" idea is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> also but that wasnt the point of my OP - youre right 100% chaasing isnt fun maybe an additional ranged taunt on a cd would make for less chasing and more toe to toe combat for the tanks- a small amount of chasing yes but not constant i totally agree, having to stop wailing on your mob to help some one for 1/2 a second isnt as bad as leaving the boss that your tanking to go save the healer thats got adds on him well, there are other team members with faster abilities im not saying its "the tanks responsibility" its the teams - ie when iplay my rogue all ido is support the healer and when theyre ok i dps the next mob , it doesnt take much for the WHOLE team to help out.
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The problem is not aggro mechanic. I think it's funny and finally the tank is not like a stone. But when you roll a GF and the viable spec is DPS or hybrid DPS there's something wrong. I have not problem with that, i like the DPS spec, and i can hold aggro. But a non DPS spec needs to hold the aggro at least like me, if not more, because a full tank GF should be specialized in that. Actually, for a GF is better to have more dmg feats than defense feats, because you can defend yourself and not the healer.
    If aggro mechanic will not change at least PW staff should give something to full tanks GFs. There are abilities that let GF protect all team, give temporary hp, and so on, but these are powers and even a full oriented DPS GF can use the same powers. Maybe feat trees should be revised? (not the conqueror).
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HEALER AGRO
    This mechanic is intelligent, the AI in this game is smarter than most of its players it seems.
    In pvp situation you go after a healer first oh wait half the pvp'ers are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> too.

Finally a game has some AI that is a challenge why are you complaining ? do you want to have to NOT THINK or BE AWARE of situations lets make a game where you spam one button to win and not even have to watch the screen or your team mates or the enemy or anything.

I am seriously in awe of how people are qq'ing about this. The fact that you have to help someone and not be the big f.uckin hero by yourself shows truely how self centred you are.

In my opinion the healer should be the most prioritized team member - ALWAYS LOOK FOR THEM ALWAYS HELP THEM.
    they cant heal dead - and thats ok if they die its NOT thier fault its the rest of the team being f.uckin stupid and not paying attn.

PLEASE I BEG OF YOU PW DO NOT CHANGE THIS MECHANIC - LET PEOPLE LEARN HOW TO PLAY IN A TEAM.

And for the qq'r who are going to jump on me for saying all this, your intelligence level well - i dont even know what to say apart from durrhurrr
    and im sure ill hit a few fanboi's of smart AI [and smart players] and theyll support me.

I think in some cases id rather have pug AI players than humans.

First awesome topic title. Secondly, I agree I like how it works (I play GF).

I was pugging just a bit ago- I was on the boss, business as usual, when I notice the healer running around trying to escape 15 adds and he's at less then half HP and going down. I realize the GWF/TR/WIZ all are just dps'ing the boss. So I immediately start flying around like a madman spamming threatening rush and knocked down the adds closest to him with frontline - started putting out the best damage I could on as many adds as I could.. I saved the Cleric, and then finally the GWF noticed and hopped off the boss and helped me clear them.

We were probably going to wipe, but because one person was paying attention it was a successful run. Now if everyone had been paying attention, that would never have been an issue in the first place.

First I LOL'd, then I cried a bit inside at how true it is.

tl/dr - I like that this game isn't a traditional tank-n-spank and offers the challenge you see people whining about not having in other games, yet somehow just as many people here wine about having it.. *mind blown*

-Edit - This is not to say I think the aggro mechanic is perfect, and that GF's couldn't use more tools to gain aggro and even to sustain it as one or two harder trash mobs can destroy a tanks shield in seconds or two hit him like anyone else. But I don't want to see this turned into a one button wonder to get aggro system either.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013

ejfhnv9pq847nq[98m < that my friend is randomly typed nonsense, what i wrote was infact an english derived "opinion"
    I have tanked many times and guess what ? There was almost always some differently intelligent player that robbed me of the aggro by "out-damaging" or "out-healing" me. First rule of a MMO :always ask to your tank, before the encounter begins, if it is safe to use your super duper death ray and if he says you no don't
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have tanked many times and guess what ? There was almost always some differently intelligent player that robbed me of the aggro by "out-damaging" or "out-healing" me. First rule of a MMO :always ask to your tank, before the encounter begins, if it is safe to use your super duper death ray and if he says you no don't

Oh but wait, the Leader role is for the cleric, not the GF.
    Get over yourself, clerics rule and we got nerfed because we were too cool for this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree I love the current concept of the mechanics in game. What I find is that they were poorly implemented. Mobs gain threat on the clerics before I even get a chance to target them. We are forced to chase them and as the game progresses the number of mobs become insane.

The second problem is as you stated that it "Is the groups job" but in a pug and the current MMO meta this is not a concept people are familiar with. They still expect the tank to have the instant all aggro button. Most also expect healers to have the make my bar full while I just mash this button over and over on the boss. Forget about stepping out of the red circle the healer has it.

Last but not least is the broken mechanics. To name some are the boss damage mechanics; high damage avoidable AoE, random target anyone attacks, no damage basic attacks; class mechanics like Astral Shield stacking; mark removal.

As I said I love the game as it is and don't want it to be dumbed down because that is what people have gotten use to. What I do want is to not get kicked from parties because the concepts are cool but my roll can be easier done by someone else.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mhblis1 wrote: »
    I have to agree I love the current concept of the mechanics in game. What I find is that they were poorly implemented. Mobs gain threat on the clerics before I even get a chance to target them. We are forced to chase them and as the game progresses the number of mobs become insane.
    yep give us a early cleric power/animation to remove aggro and 3 second damage invulnerability - ie priests shield/shield of faith (something like that), shift it to any other class but let me concentrate on the heals.
  • Options
    mythauramythaura Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    { From a level 60 DC - PvE perspective}

I don't mind if adds go after me.

What I -do- mind is if the whole entire room of adds except the boss decides they want me more than anything else in the world EVER.

Truly, I love it when I have to do something other than standing there and healing/damaging, but when my threat generation skyrockets past the supposed tank in the group with no way for someone to grab adds off me....We have a problem.

I want Sooth's effect to be noticeable, even if it's only a little bit. I don't know - maybe I've just had terrible tanks during every single dungeon I've done

There are the people who want clerics to generate very little threat and make the tank's job quite easy**

And then there are the ones who just want their group-mates to be able to peel adds off them. Please differentiate between the two.

**Of course there are the people who want this to play like WoW tanks. Ignore them**
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The mechanic works fine, with a good team.
    It's sometimes nightmarish in PUGs, but seems to like the typical player is getting a more firm grip on game play.

Aggro isn't related to healing; if it were, everyone would get pretty even aggro. The healing class of Neverwinter is potions.
    No one is attacking a cleric because of healing word... They attack them, especially in PvP, because of Astral Shield & Hallowed Ground. That's where the cleric's true power lies, buffs. Healing is just a side effect of clerics casting other more useful spells.
    It's a lazy design to assign arbitrary aggro to a spell cast that causes a healing effect. If that were really the case, every time anyone used a potion, they'd get swarmed by ADDs.
    It's a lazy design to promote healing effect aggro above lethal DPS on a target. How is a minor healing effect more threatening that being hacked to pieces by a DPS?
    Bosses will stand there being chain critical hit by DPS and continue to direct their minions away from intervening, to join an already outrageously OP mob of minions chasing a cleric; until dead. How is this smart?

Smart would be: The boss has all his minions sitting in the sole entrance way to his lair. He'd live happily ever after at that point.

None of this even addresses the fact that new ADD spawns immediately charge the cleric, regardless of whatever else is going on nearby.
    What the game needs is a numerical aggro figure attached to each character, with a distance falloff. So that a DPS in close proximity to an ADD, draws aggro. An aggro zone around each character, so to speak; with monsters going towards the highest point of aggro they are in at any given time.
    I suspect, if this were ever to actually happen, which I don't expect; that we'd see an explosion of hate spam threads from the everyone *****ing about aggro situations.
    Don't be fooled, the GFs don't really want a realistic aggro mechanic in battles. They want to generate the aggro they are prepared to handle, but no more than that. Obviously, DPS doesn't want realistic aggro either.

Short of it is, everyone is happy to slough their aggro off on the cleric.

EDIT - I could believe GWFs would like a lot of aggro. Destroying trash mobs is what they do best.
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's broken and it's easy to prove, just create a foundry quest with in a house setting with an upstairs. Then create encounters that are fairly spaced out both up and down stairs. Spawn your cleric up stairs. Using a tank companion or a tank player proceed to heal them once they initiated combat. The whole room will hunt the cleric down even though aggro is initiated fairly far from them, both up stairs and down stairs. It is even worse if you have the encounters spawn after the initial one encounter dies. This test should be done with a cleric below level 40...it's more fun that way...

Now compare the above scenario, which if I could record I would, with dungeon boss fights. Don't make excuses, boss adds spawn closer. Of course it's is better if others test this scenario and come to there own conclusion.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simmer down OP and comprehend before you go off, Tanks need more aggro and fix the block/guard so we survive the attacks.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    bakedpotardobakedpotardo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have moaned about the cleric threat before but it's really no fun playing unless you are lucky enough to get a good party who knows what they are doing, I've had minimal issues with ads when I have a well balanced party who know what they are doing. How people have gotten to level 60 and not learnt that they must protect the healer is beyond me, most recently I was in a party with one CW, two rogues and a GF, the wizard wasn't doing his intended job, controlling the ads, I had more damage and kills than the GF (he kept dying) and no one was focusing ads, or they would focus them for a while then get blinkered and carried away like excited children once the boss health got so far down and would leave me running in circles being chased by 20 ads...

I played from the start of open beta and up until I hit 60 and beyond I have only encountered maybe 10 partys that knew what they were doing or would take advice from the healer. I've been told "don't get hit, move!" or "hurr durr we don't need your advice look at my DPS!?1! We are doing fine" (whole party dead a few minutes later)

With that said, the last few days I have been leveling my CW that I created at the same time as my cleric, I'm only level 30 with the CW so far but I must say the gameplay is a lot more boring and bland. When in a party and people aren't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I enjoy playing cleric more, I can just stand there the whole battle as a CW sometimes, not having to move and just spamming attacks, while it's amusing being able to stand back and watch everything go for the clerics and not me for once I can't help but feel something needs to be adjusted. I've never really felt under pressure yet as the CW :l

and before someone says it, not everyone has the time or desire to join a guild and play with people who know what they are doing :(
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and before someone says it, not everyone has the time or desire to join a guild and play with people who know what they are doing :(
    This is very near a game killer for me.
    I have a group, but it is hard to get all 5 on line at the same time.
    PUGs are so infuriating, I can't really see myself doing much, if any, PUGs as a cleric anymore.
    I hash around with a CW, but it isn't very fun for me; though I can easily see how it would be for other players.

Edited for spelling.