test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unstopable bug

gluthongluthon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
How hard is to fix unstopable bug in so many patches??? Anyone has a solution?
Post edited by gluthon on

Comments

• cameoftwcameoftw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What is this bug?
  • gluthongluthon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cameoftw wrote: »
    What is this bug?

after a while in pvp arena or instance, tab stops working
  • motoxkid2005motoxkid2005 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    never had the problem
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had it last night during Dungeon Delves.

Sucks, it really does. It fixed itself after falling in and out of combat several times then it felt like it had an awkward delay to it.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    seems to get stuck if you get CC'ed mid animation. had it happen to me several times.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gluthon wrote: »
    after a while in pvp arena or instance, tab stops working

I had the exact same problem on patch day, however it didnt show up again after the patch day. My feeling is it shows up after you got chain cc .. and then all of a sudden it will stop working. Weird bug, and ruined your session.
    edited June 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    Had it last night during Dungeon Delves.

Sucks, it really does. It fixed itself after falling in and out of combat several times then it felt like it had an awkward delay to it.

exactly, well we need more feedback from perfect
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is it a bug or are you trying to trigger it while stunned or prone ... nothing works while stunned or prone unfortunately
    @Powerblast in game
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It usually fails in PVP where this is always too much cc going on. I don't recall having it fail in PVE, but it does all the time in PVP.
  • mellinthmellinth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was broken even more this patch. It no longer works on some of the CC it used to. Notable examples include the CN spider boss's jump and any dragon's (including the dracolich's) wing buffet. I believe this is unintentional as rogue's Impossible to Catch still works on these.

When you are above 50% Determination when you activate Unstoppable, the Determination meter will also often bug out and both halves will drain simultaneously. Unstoppable lasts the correct duration, but it makes it more difficult to tell when it will run out.

I have not experienced the permanently unusable Unstoppable bug that requires a logout to fix since the patch. Recently every time it becomes unusable, I can fix it by emptying my Determination meter either by dying or just waiting for it to run out. The meter will deplete in combat during the bug so it can be emptied during a boss fight.
  • stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    It's been happening before patch..atleast 3-6 times for me.
    edited June 2013
    mellinth wrote: »
    It was broken even more this patch. It no longer works on some of the CC it used to. Notable examples include the CN spider boss's jump and any dragon's (including the dracolich's) wing buffet. I believe this is unintentional as rogue's Impossible to Catch still works on these.

When you are above 50% Determination when you activate Unstoppable, the Determination meter will also often bug out and both halves will drain simultaneously. Unstoppable lasts the correct duration, but it makes it more difficult to tell when it will run out.

I have not experienced the permanently unusable Unstoppable bug that requires a logout to fix since the patch. Recently every time it becomes unusable, I can fix it by emptying my Determination meter either by dying or just waiting for it to deplete. The meter will deplete in combat during the bug so it can be depleted during a boss fight.

killme works, but i cant at boss:P bugged in FH, it was a nightmare!
  • memorythoughtmemorythought Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was in epic heart, sometime on the 2nd or first boss unstoppable got stopped. Didn't work again for the rest of the dungeon, honestly felt worse than being the gimped fighter I was prior to the patch.

So very not happy at this point.

Oh, started working again right upon leaving the dungeon.

As is that whole dungeon has bugs up the wazoo.
  • tazokhtazokh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    keeps happening after getting double cc'd during end of unstoppable animation.
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One of my GWF guildies has had this problem a lot. It was quite painful to have it happen in the middle of the A'Drx'l fight...
  • olvanatorolvanator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It seems to trigger if you cross the 50% mark of determination without taking damage or killing something (via roar, daring shout or steadfast).

I haven't seen it happen with Destroyer's Purpose feated though.
  • shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Mine quit when we were doing Epic CoK during Karrundax. I've had it stop working on several other occasions as well before patch, but yesterday was the first time in a while. It seems to quit working when Determination is filled completely too quickly after coming out of Unstoppable. The funny thing was it started working after about 3-4 minutes. There's either some type of unintentional ICD occurring, or it's just plain out breaking.
  • memorythoughtmemorythought Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    Mine quit when we were doing Epic CoK during Karrundax. I've had it stop working on several other occasions as well before patch, but yesterday was the first time in a while. It seems to quit working when Determination is filled completely too quickly after coming out of Unstoppable. The funny thing was it started working after about 3-4 minutes. There's either some type of unintentional ICD occurring, or it's just plain out breaking.

OH it's plain out breaking. When it went down for me last night it was down for over an hour. (Yes, my group kinda sucked, my dealing with a broken mechanic didn't exactly make things sunshine and kitten farts either.)
    edited June 2013
    gluthon wrote: »
    How hard is to fix unstopable bug in so many patches??? Anyone has a solution?

this is not real, after all this time, it bugs even often, do they even know there is a big bad bug? with unstopable? unbelivable
  • belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    To fix the bug: Drop to zero determination then go tab crazy for a bit. Then without touching tab, actually get up to full determination. Hit tab.

Does not always work! Best I've found for fixing it. Additonal info: During this rotation, any stun or circle mechanic damage seems to prevent it from fixing.

This is not confirmed fix. Just a noticed function of when it seems to work again.

PS: I can confirm that the assigned key for unstoppable still works. (I have a naga, and assigned it to "6" so hitting party chat will bring up alot of 6's when it's not working...)
  • adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Exiting to the change char screen then logging back in fixes it as well. Just do it near a checkpoint if possible.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes this is real!!!has happened to me around 5 times now mainly in pvp.. Then have to finish pvp with no tab skill makes GWF almost useless for the rest of the match.

Also when this first happened to me. 2 times in a row I thought it was my keyboard, so I attempted to remove the tab key to have a look... And in doing so broke the housing to the key itself..cost me $150 to replace the keyboard... Was only a few months old.. Then I hear about this glitch and was like wth...

**** glitch cost me $150 ggrr
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just get out of Combat and it will fix itself, it's annoying yea but no need to get pissed over it.
  • tyrannic32tyrannic32 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i'm having this bug right now as we're speaking...
    bloody irritating..
  • evo404evo404 Member Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    This is the most annoying bug EVER. It couldn't happen to a more important skill, Unstoppable is everything for our class. It has cost me several first place prizes in PVP. Hasn't happened to me in a dungeon yet but it seems that would be easier to fix by just relogging which you can't do in a PVP match.
    edited June 2013
    evo404 wrote: »
    This is the most annoying bug EVER. It couldn't happen to a more important skill, Unstoppable is everything for our class. It has cost me several first place prizes in PVP. Hasn't happened to me in a dungeon yet but it seems that would be easier to fix by just relogging which you can't do in a PVP match.

Does anyone heard anything about this from devs or something official?????? Shame really.
  • valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since unstoppable is the gateway to DPS for our class, it is a bit insane when the bug kicks in. Had it happen to me during a few boss fights after trawling through a dungeon for an hour, at which point logging out and in again isn't an option so we are forced to play "nerfed". I have noted that dying and getting rez'd sometimes fixes it, but again not exactly what you want to be doing in a T2 dungeon.

A reply from Devs is both needed and would be appreciated - even if it's to simply acknowledge that the issue is being looked at and if possible a rough estimated timescale for the fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Happened to me also while running a Foundry. A TR guildie had this too. No idea what their Tab does, but it was not working any more.
    English is not my first language.
  • evo404evo404 Member Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    Yah... I take back what I said about it not being as big a deal in a dungeon. It is a HUGE annoyance/problem. It's happened to me 3 times since my last comment. One time I couldn't relog or else I'd get put at the start of the dungeon behind mobs with no way to get back to my group. Thankfully the bug fixed itself after some time.

The other 2 times just happened in Spellplague and I lost my Dungeon Delves chest on the first relog because the event had ended well before. Do you know how ****ty that feels? I rarely get the chance at Dungeon Delves in a day after working all day and I come home to 5 hours straight of Foundry, Gauntlgrym(x3, which I can't even ****ing do!), Professions, BS, etc, BS, etc, etc... So I'm happy to finally get a DDs and THIS happens because the devs have not fixed this huge bug yet! This is a serious game-breaking bug and if it keeps happening I will probably stop playing all together. I wonder if there is a more essential skill for any class in this game as Unstoppable is for a GWF... it is just completely absurd that it hasn't been fixed by now.
  • serevnserevn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It tends to happen to me when fighting TR in pvp.