Install Arc
Options

Sticky Please - Currently bugged/broken GF powers & feats

13»

Comments

• Options
    simkinfoolsimkinfool Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm actually fairly surprised no one has mentioned Crushing Surge. When you mouse over the tooltip in the power window it clearly states that it has a 5' Cylinder. After purchasing the power and sticking it into an at-will slot it states it as a 2' cylinder. When in actuality it has neither, it hits 1 target no matter how many you have stacked.

To me this should be the no brainer tanking at-will, replacing Cleave. It would trade bonus damage for survivability. However it cannot replace cleave as it isn't even remotely in the same class. Not to mention the animation for it is horrid and ridiculously awkward.

At the moment GFs have Cleave and an assortment of utility at-wills. There is just literally no replacement for cleave. On a side note, not a single feat in any of the tree's provide any form of buff/utility to this power. It's like the Developers completely forgot it even exists.
  • Options
    alphretalphret Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i found a fix to tanking on my guardian. stop playing. seems they wont get around to fixing tanks for a while, so why bother. the only real option if you want to play gf is to pvp (yay a whole 2 arenas of the same thing over and over again) or or roll a full dps build which starts in char creation pushing full into strength and con over dex... unfortunately if you already rolled your tank balancing stats instead of going for str... you dont find out until well into the game just how badly broken GF's are, and i cannot be bothered to roll another tank to do a job i do not want to do.

im not even whining here..i should have seen this coming, after all ive played cryptic games before. im sure they will fix it..sometime.. god knows when but "sometime". so until then ill just stop giving them my money and play something else. i dont mind beta testing ..but god **** it cryptic if you expect me to beta test your game with my class utterly broken and not even a hint of when it might be fixed, while all the other class , despite some small bugs are largely playable... well you can sing for that coz it aint going to happen another day more ^.^

considering crytpics idea of bringing the servers back up in 2 hours normally means 10 hours.... and going by their bug fixing schedule in Star Trek Online... i look forward to playing my tank sometime around christmas...maybe.
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm planning to do a respec, any feats still need to be verified that i could help with? Does the first post is up to date concerning the feats bugged?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alphretalphret Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all confirmed bugged feats are still bugged. they haven't applied any fixes yet. Some of the the suggested builds do work somewhat. with liberal application of mark stacking a butt load of recovery and spamming enforced threat on cd, along with the highest damage modifiers you can get you can pseudo tank. you wont be holding threat youll just be abusing soft taunts. which ofc is the problem. since your so busy worrying about threat you dont do much dps, you struggle to maintain situational awareness and cannot react as a tank should. i would strongly recommend not spending zen on a respec till fixes are applied. i have done a few respecs, and whilst it is true that a few of those specs work, ultimately the class plays like mud when actually trying to tank. when you dps as GF and are not worrying about threat since you know you wont hold it anyway its quite funny...as your the one person in the group that knows he can pretty much do whatever he wants and never hold any threat, you cant taunt 50 mobs...doesnt matter, they will ju7st run back to the cleric or dps after your taunt fades.
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    bump to bring attention back to this.

really stupid that NOT ONE of these things have been fixed yet.
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    supp1sh wrote: »
    bump to bring attention back to this.

really stupid that NOT ONE of these things have been fixed yet.

Too late I already rerolled quess which class .
  • Options
    saiko87saiko87 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm lvl 44 and the 3rd rank of threatening rush is still locked, my build is based in dmg dealing and chasing so I need that skill, its delaying my build.

300xh1f.jpg
  • Options
    saiko87saiko87 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I unlocked the 3rd rank when I asigned 40 skills.
  • Options
    simkinfoolsimkinfool Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Knight's Valor still has the annoying double cooldown.

If the intention is to make it have a 24second CD then simply give it a 24 second CD so that recovery can properly reduce it. As it stands now it cools down once while active, then when that cooldown finishes it cools down again.