test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sticky Please - Currently bugged/broken GF powers & feats

Comments

• quovanquovan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure but I'm gonna post a link to this thread in the bugs subforum.
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a complete rework?

your asking for things that might happen in about 6 months....
  • hashinshinhashinshin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is strength focus? I see discipline of strength but no strength focus
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Proof that Knight's Valor is bugged.

Just curious if any of you GFs could tell me that this is working correctly? Sure seems bugged to me.
  • luxaeterna7luxaeterna7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    None of the mentioned passive feats are working or atleast doesnt show in tooltips.
  • vorsei1vorsei1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to point out that the Knight Captain's set is bugged or something, it says it increases "Your" power by 60% and def by 20% instead it applies the buff to party members but not yourself, I assume the party member buffs is intended since the set name kinda implies it but the buff should also apply to yourself aswell.;... I hope they fix it.
  • jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Knight's Valor is bugged but it still generates like 50% AP on use so it might be worth using regardless.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kk updating
    edited May 2013
    Well I sent a PM to the board administrator so let's hope this finally gets stickied. We're seeing the same posts about the same stuff over and over.
  • kwahu22kwahu22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Knee Breaker currently does a tiny fraction of the damage stated in the tooltip. At level 27, it does between 30-60 damage, when it should be doing between 600-800.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kwahu22 wrote: »
    Knee Breaker currently does a tiny fraction of the damage stated in the tooltip. At level 27, it does between 30-60 damage, when it should be doing between 600-800.

It's a damage over time. Are you counting only the initial hit, or the whole duration?
  • kwahu22kwahu22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, my mistake. I was just using it in battle and only seeing the initial tick among all the other numbers. Sorry about that.
  • korvadielkorvadiel Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need to promote this thread.

Too much crucial for being continually skipped.
    edited May 2013
    Well I received a reply to my sticky request and unfortunately this thread doesn't meet the criteria for being a sticky. So, let's all do our best and keep posting as issues are discovered and fixed, and I will continue to update the information.

Thanks all :)

/edit: I forgot to mention that this info has been forwarded to the devs by the CM
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Feel free to test yourselves. These are bugs Ive come across.
    _

Terrifying Impact does not always give full length or at all with steep vertical axis.
    Threatening Rush does not work at all up stairs or other steep slopes.
    Threatening Rush does not always apply the AoE mark affect.
    Lunging strike sometimes sticks mid attack on easy terrain.
    Griffon's Wrath on occasion animations sticks or does not animate at all.
    Enforced Threat does NOT recover guard meter.
    Into the Fray does NOT recover guard meter.
    Iron Warrior does NOT recover guard meter.
    (Do not be fooled by passive regen that would happen as result of dropping guard to use these abilities.)
    _
  • lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Hi!

Thanks for making a bug compilation post!
    A lot of really helpful people in this thread.

I can't promise these will all get fixed as soon as people would like, but we will get them fixed.
    Aside from buggy annoyances, hope people are still having fun.
  • alphretalphret Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Hi!

I can't promise these will all get fixed as soon as people would like, but we will get them fixed.

Sadly not.

i could add some points that ive noticed but they are covered in few threads at this stage and the guy here have done some good work in sorting through some of the the more obscure issues that might be slightly obfuscated by tootips.

it is a sorry state of affairs when a tank is more viable in pvp then he is in pve. currently in most groups that my guild makes when they ask for ppl and i say " im game" teamspeak goes eerily quiet. this is because they know my class is largely useless. They are good players and nice guys, i do not fault them for not wanting to bring a class that spends most of the dungeon chasing around after mobs doing significantly less dps then the dps, and holding threat largely only through abuse of soft taunt mechanics. and while the dps are churning through content gearing up rapidly and clearly everything the larger portion of the guardian tank community is sitting around scratching their heads wondering how the only true tank class in the game could have been left so utterly broken. how could the devs have missed this?

What worries me most is that presumably (although ofc i could be wrong) this is the same ppl who worked on star trek online, and the game is largely a reskin of star trek online... and issues like this generally take a long long looooong time to get fixed in STO...weeks..if not months.

This threat issue needs to be fixed ....FAST..before GF's get left behind and become utterly irrelevant to the game, much like GWFs are already suffering in pvp. i dont care if the abilities are fixed in and of themselves. just please....FIX THE STATIC COMBAT TABLE AND BUFF THREAT. it is a literal and farcical joke when i pull a mob at lvl 60.... and cleave on it ...do nothing else...and my **** lvl 15 healer is able to take aggro off me with 1 ability...that is not a tank...that is a biological joke in plate boots!!!!

hell a massive all around the board threat buff will do till you can sort out all the individual bugs to at least give us some relevance in pve. I started playing about 2 weeks ago all though i am a long standing STO player and have been a part of the cryptic community for a long time, and i understand that the game is still in open beta and issue's like this are pretty common in beta, still i cant help feeling that right now my only true option to enjoy the game is to roll one of the op faceroll class ...wizard..cleric or rogue. that is not an option i would like to take, tanking is my thing and i love it..but i dont not feel like a tank right now, i feel like a badly specced and itemized dps.

given all of this, it is hard to say that where pve is related im having any fun at all...its certainly not fun sitting in the city waiting for the magical patch from devs that means your class is working as its supposed to :P

GOGO DEVS! while we still have some faith in you :P

your sincerely, a frustrated so called "tank".
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is a bug thread, not a balance thread.

Cleave has no threat generation without marking.

Mark is you're primary source of threat using enhanced mark. You don't really want to or need to hold every mob in a pull, If you do you're guard will drop in seconds. Stab is the primary threat gen attack alongside marking.

Threatening Rush is the best source of marking. Rush, Guard, Stab Or Enforced threat, Guard, Stab. If mark stays on the mob with enhanced mark it is very unlikley for anyone else to pull aggro.

The shouts being bugged and not recovering guard is partially the problem with turtle tanking as when you loose guard you loose mark however you can still Threatening Rush spam to keep marks up until your guard returns.

You are right in that groups dislike turtle GF in their group as they do not usually see our CC work and assume our debuffs are just their own leet dps at work. However its been proven by others and I myself have played first hand a Conq spec that can out dps all other classes on avg.

GFs are pidgeon holed into Conq, not useless. Even then much of this is the community, not balance.
  • alphretalphret Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zxorn, you make a simple presumption there...

mark is your primary form of threat generation..is this intentional? isn't mark a soft taunt? or is it simply the result of broken mechanics forcing us to spam mark? should we have to use threatening rush? also, if as many ppl have suggested and as certainly seems to be the case, mark aggro is reset to 0 once mark is no longer applied, meaning the static table is broken... doesnt that serve to highlight the over arcing issue...tank are generating little to no static threat. isn't that forcing cookie cutter specs and builds? im well aware of the dps builds having used them for a while now. im also well aware of how to abuse the soft taunts. my dps in my guild still out threat me having <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear and being pretty **** good players, i can hold mobs using taunts. atm im lacking a lot of recovery having just started my gear grind in pve so i have a lot of what are essentially gcd holes where i lose aggro and have to wait a few secs for something to come off cooldown...

enforced threat is a given ofc, no1 i think would dispute that and i certainly would not. but i would see this as more akin to a threat modifier. a tank should not have to be doing maths in hs head to wonder if hes generating enough threat...have i marked every mobs...have i maintained mark long enough. etc etc. personally i find it more difficult to worry about dps since my guildmates are putting out so much threat that just feeling like your filling the basic role of being the groups threat machine and portable brick wall is very close to being impossible for the average player. this is not about balance..its about the class, being utterly broken.

also, the dps build, when min maxing for dps, kinda force you to use armor pen crit and power naturally, and leave very little room for recovery that i have seen so far (at least from t1 gear). so in short, your pigeon holed in your spec...your pigeon holed in your stat itemization.... your pigeon holed in your abilities...and your pigeon holed in your rotation...if this is not the result of a bug .. eg: static table being completely broken ...or a series of bugs eg: everything mentioned above in this post and more in other posts... then this is simply the worst form of tanking i have ever come across in any mmo..in fact its not tanking in my opinion...its pseudo tanking.. more closely resembling things like frost dks trying to tank in wow...or a feral cat popping in and out of bear form to hold aggro while doing as much damage as possible. now, that being said...if that is the case...if this is how tanking is supposed to work, thats ok, the devs can simply state that, which they haven't, and ppl like me who expect a tank to be a tank, and not a pseudo tank, can move on to other class's (which i wont in my case) or another game.

the main point being, if the these mechanics are intentional...that dps generate insane dps threat...and tanks generate hardly any static threat... that is the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> form of tanking i have ever heard of and to mind a tank that generates less static threat then a dps is no tank at all.. we can clearly see that in the broader sense...it is simply not working. the numbers are way out of whack. i have yet to see a dev or community manage state that this is in fact how tanks are supposed to work.

ps: as for guard being your primary form of threat gen, i find this a rather bizarre idea, since holding threat that way would make your pretty much perpetually stab, breaking your guard in seconds and you cant stab with broken guard. my guild mates where able to take threat off my in about 1 sec when my guard was broken yesterday on trash in frozen heart. i tried several variation of abilities and rotations and my ultimate conclusion was that tanking right now is pretty much non existent without abusing soft taunts.
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF threat is a joke. It needs to be re-worked. They are designed to tank, make them the tank.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • vedrixsoriovedrixsorio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Armor Specialization (Tier 2 Heroic Feat) - If someone is doing a respec or is in the process of leveling a GF, would you be able to check your stats before and after you apply this feat? This should be adjusting damage resistance I believe. Poster below sunk points into this and it either has a display issue and is not updating proper values on the character panel, or it is doing nothing whatsoever.

If this is the feat for a bonus of 1-5 more AC it's definitely broken. Only gives/displays 1, regardless of how many points you put into it.

A lot of stuff I'm finding for GF is not working as intended. It's to the point where the class is pretty broken.
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    GF threat is a joke. It needs to be re-worked. They are designed to tank, make them the tank.

And this. I rolled a tank to tank. Not be #3 in DPS (how I beat other classes who knows, all my stats are defense). My class should depend on survivability and the ability to manage and hold threat. I shouldn't have to give up defensive stats to try and tank either. Threat management is a joke. After I drop taunts my cleric companion farts and it pulls aggro.
  • sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »

CW have a power called Sooth. It reduces their threat by 30%.
    Its currently broken. It has something to do with their equipped gear.

Upon zoning in to dungeon have the cleric strip all equipment, including jewelry, and put in their inventory. Then get redressed again. This somehow allows Sooth to activate and work properly.

This SIGNIFICANTLY cuts down on their agro/threat generation.
    edited May 2013
    FYI guys

I did parses tonight doing PVP and tier 2 content.

There are feats in tactician tree that provide minimal benefit, like trample the fallen is basically junk

Also by looking at other classes in the parse, I'd say we're not alone in having bugs.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just thinking of deleting my GF , eventhough I have gear and I manage my aggro pretty good people will always prefer a real dps
    or a cleric for my spot in the group ... You can't even compete , people watch how other people do castle never with dual cleric comps all the time .

Today I even saw in chat " 9.(whatever)k GS cleric lfg T2 , the first who invites me gets me - NO GFs in the group pls "

Now this msg alone was the last thing I wanted to see when I was thinking how to even <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fit in a group or a guild for that matter .

Let's see if you have 2 clerics online + 3 dps + a GF .... what type of group will you make ? Dual clerics or a standart group? See thing is

people are not even going to bother thinking about bringing a GF ( managing his aggro good or not ) , first thing they do is look at the

SHIELD icon and then form the group with duo clerics - suck it GF we don't need you .
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    I was just thinking of deleting my GF , eventhough I have gear and I manage my aggro pretty good people will always prefer a real dps

or a cleric for my spot in the group ... You can't even compete , people watch how other people do castle never with dup clerics all

the time .

Today I even saw in chat " 9.(whatever) cleric lfg T2 , the first who invites me gets me - NO GFs in the group pls "

Now this msg alone was the last thing I wanted to see when I was thinking how to even <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fit in a group or a guild for that

matter . Let's see if you have 2 clerics online + 3 dps + a GF .... what type of group will you make ? Dual clerics or a standart group? See thing is people are not even going to bother thinking , first thing they do is look at the SHIELD icon and then form the group with duo clerics - suck it GF we don't need you .

Yeah it sucks. :/

I'd say stick with it another week and then see how it is. They've got to do something - I read the cleric forums and they are nuts over there too about cleric threat.

Oh btw in the logs I have not seen any deflect, and if it were to stack then my mitigation of around 50% would stack with 50% deflect severity and make the damage 0 but I do not see that either.

So I am wondering if that is working or not (really don't know, could use some help doing logs)
    edited May 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Hi!

Try to have fun soloing T2 content , oh wait thing is YOU CAN'T SOLO IT .
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    Yeah it sucks. :/

I'd say stick with it another week and then see how it is. They've got to do something - I read the cleric forums and they are nuts over there too about cleric threat.

Oh btw in the logs I have not seen any deflect, and if it were to stack then my mitigation of around 50% would stack with 50% deflect severity and make the damage 0 but I do not see that either.

So I am wondering if that is working or not (really don't know, could use some help doing logs)

The whole watching at the logs thing and reporting broken game mechanics is like playing a WoW private server all over again , I've done this before but now I would like the people who made the game to test and fix their classes / passives / game mechanics . People pay real money for respecs in this game not to mention the time lost playing a character that everyone frowns upon when you just want to have fun and play the game :(

The cash shop is working properly though , everything is just fine .

Also swapping the gear healps a bunch with the cleric threat generation whilst it doesn't help the GF with the aggro management , you can go nuts picking up mobs holding aggro and then someone bodypulls a mob and it follows him for 10 years around the map regardless of the taunts - punches , kicks , *****slaps or whatever the fk GFs do to try to lure the mob to attack him instead .
    edited May 2013
    There was a post by a guy about deflect that I read.

In ACT (advanced combat tracker) I believe deflect shows up as misses, and when you look at the raw file you actually are taking damage I believe but it says Dodge or something.
  • boldwinsboldwins Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many bugs...
    besides the blatant obvious issues with threat.
    Also it seems I take more damage then non tanks as my shield is worthless... I round up lots of enemies and shield is gone in a few seconds leaving me taking damage with no dodge ability.
    edited May 2013
    Well hopefully the exploits are now fixed and they can push out some bug fixes. We still have no idea if they are going to fix threat mechanics though.