test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

People said game going to dying I don't think so!

jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
95389F923AA2F7773A3739C32CA664F803D964EE

The server is full of people so people who said game dying don't really play the game
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In before someone claims it was photo shopped. :p
  • ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tech could post a screen shot of every Major City in each PWE game has, and show you months after release you'll be one of the few standing there. But.... Thats far too much work. Welcome to, Nevercashgrabwinter!
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tech could post a screen shot of every Major City in each PWE game has, and show you months after release you'll be one of the few standing there. But.... Thats far too much work. Welcome to, Nevercashgrabwinter!

He said cashgrab. He must know what he's talking about. All 3 Cryptic games are doing great.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whenever a new game launches there are always tons of people claiming its a flop and will die within months...go back 2 years later and its still thriving.....for the most part.
  • darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    There is more players now then before exploit its so funny when kids say game dying lol

ff11 stayed alive to this day with 200k players np

Dont need 9 millions player to stay alive either :)

Game is in perfect condition np here. Ok back to my rogue bye bye
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're all bots. Well 50% are (everyone's obligatory cleric pets). I only see around 20 actual people there.
  • enziet1enziet1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I've posted before. This gaming company is nothing. Their motto on their wall posters state Take the money and Run! Play to the extent of Free. But Don't give them a dime is my motto :)
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posting anything positive if like ringing the dinner bell for the hate machine, but you're right OP the game is doing fine, just wait until Cryptic posts the OBT launch numbers at the quarterly meeting, that's when the whines of "LIES" and other excuses will become deafening.

I just take a lot of joy in the knowledge that both STO and NW are doing extremely well and how much it pisses the haters off.

Oh and BTW logged in earlier today and 142 instances on Dragon PE all of which have 100 to 159 people....yeah the death knell huh. :p
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • cujo669cujo669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    95389F923AA2F7773A3739C32CA664F803D964EE

The server is full of people so people who said game dying don't really play the game

That's because the server is filled with WALL street wannabes doing nothing but hanging out at the AH and AD/ZEN exchange all day. Only a handfull actually plays the game after level 60. the rest are just out trying to make money for nothing!
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    He said cashgrab. He must know what he's talking about. All 3 Cryptic games are doing great.

PWE profit DOWN 67% in the last quarter according to the Wall Street Journal, mainly due to declining revenue.
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think people can decide if it's going to live or die yet the game is still very new.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blupa2010 wrote: »
    I don't think people can decide if it's going to live or die yet the game is still very new.

We can see easily, based on game mechanics (adds, adds, and more adds) and implementation of cash grab shop.
    edited May 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    PWE profit DOWN 67% in the last quarter according to the Wall Street Journal, mainly due to declining revenue.

lets have the whole story

Perfect World Co.'s (PWRD) fourth-quarter earnings declined 67% as the Chinese online-game developer recorded higher operating expenses and weaker revenue.

"During the past year of 2012, we decelerated in-game promotional activities and primarily focused on longer-term projects in our pipeline and content enhancements for our existing titles in order to maintain a healthy life cycle of our portfolio and sustainable growth of our business," said Chairman Michael Chi. "As such, our 2012 results came in softer than our previous year's results."

Online game revenue, which contributes the bulk of the top-line, slipped 15%
    to CNY599.7 million ($96.3 million). Licensing revenue was down 44%, to CNY36.5 million ($5.9 million).

Translation the are in a building phase with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of expenses, buying Cryptic and funding the new STO expansion and Neverwinter plus the unannounced MMO. If they are down that much next year after this launch start to worry.

Also I love all the excuses about those screenshots from the May2013's It's bots!! it's wallstreet wannabe's!!! OMG photoshopped hAx0R. :rolleyes:
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Talking about dying is misleading because MMOs die very slowly and it's nearly impossible to predict with any kind of accuracy. However when a game is missing content in all aspects when it comes to the end game, and has a ton of exploitable bugs, and has an absolutely awful class balance, and a rip off cash shop, and the reputation of being P2W... it doesn't take a genius to expect a decline.

I forgot the terrible group finder and the loot system designed for ninjas. Oh and one of the worst customer supports in the industry. So hard to keep up with everything.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »

I forgot the terrible group finder and the loot system designed for ninjas. Oh and one of the worst customer supports in the industry. So hard to keep up with everything.

And yet you are still here.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »

Ahahahahahahaha I wish I could say Champs was doing great.
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    And yet you are still here.

I'm just one person, it's not an indicator of anything. The things I listed are objectively true. The only one that can be argued is calling the cash shop a rip off, but even that is for a fact on the expensive side compared to other games.
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry alone is going to more or less secure this game a healthy, long term following. It will probably not ever be a hugely popular MMO, but it will get some people nicely hooked.
  • hydromanhydroman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure we can do without your post go back to playing wow.. I think they are doing good with the fixes etc. as they come up. Game is fun to play. Just need some more content to come out which it is soon. You prolly dont have any money to spend on the game anyway so keep playing for free :cool:
  • somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    This is what I see in this thread and it's as much ignorance as can be expected.

[Hey Look... my instance has players]

When you're trying to prove a point of a "Strong Playerbase" post a screen shot of the instance chart showing 20 maxed instances... but i also want you to take into consideration... 20 maxed out instances = 3000 players... 3000 players is not a strong playerbase. 10,000 players is a strong playerbase for a game like Darkfall I would expect D&D to merit 100k minimum but Cryptic failed.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    I'm just one person, it's not an indicator of anything. The things I listed are objectively true. The only one that can be argued is calling the cash shop a rip off, but even that is for a fact on the expensive side compared to other games.

The same things you listed in this post and your earlier one are stated on the forums of every new mmo.
    edited May 2013
    This is what I see in this thread and it's as much ignorance as can be expected.

[Hey Look... my instance has players]

When you're trying to prove a point of a "Strong Playerbase" post a screen shot of the instance chart showing 20 maxed instances... but i also want you to take into consideration... 20 maxed out instances = 3000 players... 3000 players is not a strong playerbase. 10,000 players is a strong playerbase for a game like Darkfall I would expect D&D to merit 100k minimum but Cryptic failed.

Then take into account all the other areas in the game, each with their own number of instances. Also, there are two other servers to consider.
    edited May 2013
    Then take into account all the other areas in the game, each with their own number of instances. Also, there are two other servers to consider.

I take into consideration everything... it's the rabid fans that don't and the other instances don't hold 150 like PE does and there's far less in those than there is PE because people afk in PE I'd honestlyu guess 20k unique players logging in down from like 100k before the cat ordeal. I use to see 80 PE instances on beholder during prime time packed with players. Days before the cat exploit went global.
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look, there's twenty people around the auction house- servers are full.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I take into consideration everything... it's the rabid fans that don't and the other instances don't hold 150 like PE does and there's far less in those than there is PE because people afk in PE I'd honestlyu guess 20k unique players logging in down from like 100k before the cat ordeal. I use to see 80 PE instances on beholder during prime time packed with players. Days before the cat exploit went global.

Every public area I go to, I see lots of player characters.
    edited May 2013
    Every public area I go to, I see lots of player characters.

I don't think you understand how an instance works.. to say you always load into a populated instance just means there's not enough players to start a new instance you can press the diamond at the top of the mini map on the right side to see the # of active instances and the players in them. Like I said I think 20,000 unique accounts are active in this game, gold spammers included... if you think there's more I look forward to your reasoning... I also assumed 100k existed before exploit due to 80 instances of PE being loaded with players.
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you understand how an instance works.. to say you always load into a populated instance just means there's not enough players to start a new instance you can press the diamond at the top of the mini map on the right side to see the # of active instances and the players in them. Like I said I think 20,000 unique accounts are active in this game, gold spammers included... if you think there's more I look forward to your reasoning... I also assumed 100k existed before exploit due to 80 instances of PE being loaded with players.

Your math is screwed but it is to be expected from someone with your signature... Most times when I am on dragon there is still 80 to 120 instances in PE, most of them maxed, the max population for one instance of PE seem to be 150 so even at the low number of 80 we are talking 12000 players just on dragon, mindflayer I am told is just as active with Beholder less so. But all of that is besides the point.

You think the game has failed, yet you have this atavistic need to spend hours here convincing everyone you're theory is correct, why is that?

Are you being paid, do you get some twisted pleasure watching a mmo supposedly die? I mean you are on your shiny new may 2013 somnolence2 account so I guess you have already been banned once either for breaking forum policy or exploiting the game, but that really doesn't matter either because alt accounts are a dime a dozen.

No what matters here is that people know what you are another person shaking his fist at the company who wronged him vowing revenge and failing miserably at it. What also matters is despite your efforts the game will continue to grow, and continue to do very well, because to those of us who like this game it doesn't' matter if we have a hundred instances packed or not.

Must be sad to waste so much time and even dedicate a blog to bashing something only to find out it was ineffective.
  • fourmemberfourmember Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your math is screwed but it is to be expected from someone with your signature... Most times when I am on dragon there is still 80 to 120 instances in PE, most of them maxed, the max population for one instance of PE seem to be 150 so even at the low number of 80 we are talking 12000 players just on dragon, mindflayer I am told is just as active with Beholder less so. But all of that is besides the point.

You think the game has failed, yet you have this atavistic need to spend hours heer convincing everyone you're theory is correct, why is that?

Are you being paid, do you get some twisted pleasure watching a mmo supposedly die? I mean you are on your shiny new may 2013 somnolence2 account so I guess you have already been banned once either for breaking forum policy or exploiting the game, but that really doesn't matter either because alt hater and butthurt exploiter accounts are a dime a dozen.

No what matters here is that people know what you are another person shaking his fist at the company who wronged him vowing revenge and failing miserably at it. What also matters is despite your lame efforts the game will continue to grow, and continue to do very well, because to those of us who like this game it doesn't' matter if we have a hundred instances packed or not.

i like you
    edited May 2013
    fourmember wrote: »
    i like you

Awww shucks. :p
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You think the game has failed, yet you have this atavistic need to spend hours heer convincing everyone you're theory is correct, why is that?

Are you being paid, do you get some twisted pleasure watching a mmo supposedly die? I mean you are on your shiny new may 2013 somnolence2 account so I guess you have already been banned once either for breaking forum policy or exploiting the game, but that really doesn't matter either because alt hater and butthurt exploiter accounts are a dime a dozen.

No what matters here is that people know what you are a sad little person shaking his fist at the company who wronged him vowing revenge and failing miserably at it. What also matters is despite your lame efforts the game will continue to grow, and continue to do very well, because to those of us who like this game it doesn't' matter if we have a hundred instances packed or not.

Your doing the same thing, just on the other side of the fence. Not really sure sometimes if your trying to hurt the game, defend it or just turn other players away so that they just dont infect the same oxygen that you are breathing.

On topic, i dont think the game is dying or is even near that. There is still a good and solid player base and there is really nothing at the moment that can challenge NW on the F2P market. Hardcore NW fans probably wont leave or if they do it will be until new features or content is released. Only time will tell, their other games are still running and i'm pretty sure NW will be more popular then those two games...As much as i dont like their buisness model, it seems to be profitable.