test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duergar StrongHold quest

kirbystompkirbystomp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
the quest where you have to go in to Duergar Stronghold the boss is way to strong lol 2 shots me at 20k health.
Post edited by kirbystomp on

Comments

• greatbu1greatbu1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I totally agree, I don't mind end of level bosses being hard to kill but this particular boss has stepped well over the line from entertainingly challenging to boringly badly coded. One or two deaths attacking a boss is fine (the most I had before this one was 5 deaths) but I have had 20 (!) attempts at this with different tactics, different companions etc. (Lvl 58 Tiefling Guardian) and never got him below 80% health.
    All this does is waste my IC cash on potions and injury kits.

Not fun, just frustrating then dull.

Thankfully it is only a side quest so not essential to the main progression but it is the culmination of the tiefling quest arc so it would be nice for it to actually be possible.

I would be interested to hear if any other players have succeeded at this fight, and how they did it.
  • hastedhasted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just had my run-in with this quest, too. I gave up after about 6 deaths.

- He moves about 5x faster than you
    - He can charges across the room and flatten you
    - He has several mobs already in the room (including not one, but two theurges), making your first encounter with him downright impossible to solo
    - His normal hits, to say the least, are nearly impossible to dodge and hit for a ridiculous amount (I was taking over a 3rd of my HP in a single hit as a lvl 58 CW.

This is either ridiculously hard or bugged.