test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So how is healing target healing going?

losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
Just wondered since I have never played a game that heals like this.
"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
Post edited by losse1 on

Comments

• pugastriuspugastrius Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    It largely doesn't matter because Clerics rely almost exclusively on AoE heals and Shields. If/when this changes it's going to be a awful.
  • losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh ok cool thanks.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • glowyrmzglowyrmz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I came here looking specifically for a thread like this immediately after doing my first Skirmish run.

I swapped in Healing Word figuring it would be good to have in a group setting. I found it really hard to heal who I wanted to heal. There were times where a Rogue was at half life so I wanted to Divinity>Healing Word him but then a GF runs in and I hit him instead.

Also, the screen is really cluttered when you're thinking about healing in addition to DPSing and not just DPSing.

I contend with enemy bars, friendly bars, and then all the tiny debuff/buff icons on each of them. I wish I could shut off buff/debuff icons on friendly bars. I can already see what's on them via the party window, having all those icons floating around the screen is just clutter.

I used to think that having Grid (wow healing) in the middle of my screen was distracting (of course I got used to it after years of hardcore raiding) but I was overwhelmed this first group run I did in Neverwinter by the stuff all over the screen.

It doesn't help that this game is about throwing 20+ cannon fodder mobs at you at once instead of packs of 5 where each mob actually does something (I think that changes a bit at high levels though).

I guess what I really want is more granular control over what shows up on my screen (and how big/small it is, individually, not a scaling for EVERYTHING simultaneously). In the heat of battle, those MICROSCOPIC buff/debuff icons are worthless so having 50 of them on my screen is just a nuisance. I wish there was a way to make those buffs discernible and distinct. I'm having trouble knowing when to renew Astral Seal because of all the tiny icons that are hard to see.
    cROpbBa.png
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glowyrmz wrote: »
    I came here looking specifically for a thread like this immediately after doing my first Skirmish run.

I swapped in Healing Word figuring it would be good to have in a group setting. I found it really hard to heal who I wanted to heal. There were times where a Rogue was at half life so I wanted to Divinity>Healing Word him but then a GF runs in and I hit him instead.

Also, the screen is really cluttered when you're thinking about healing in addition to DPSing and not just DPSing.

I contend with enemy bars, friendly bars, and then all the tiny debuff/buff icons on each of them. I wish I could shut off buff/debuff icons on friendly bars. I can already see what's on them via the party window, having all those icons floating around the screen is just clutter.

I used to think that having Grid (wow healing) in the middle of my screen was distracting (of course I got used to it after years of hardcore raiding) but I was overwhelmed this first group run I did in Neverwinter by the stuff all over the screen.

It doesn't help that this game is about throwing 20+ cannon fodder mobs at you at once instead of packs of 5 where each mob actually does something (I think that changes a bit at high levels though).

I guess what I really want is more granular control over what shows up on my screen (and how big/small it is, individually, not a scaling for EVERYTHING simultaneously). In the heat of battle, those MICROSCOPIC buff/debuff icons are worthless so having 50 of them on my screen is just a nuisance. I wish there was a way to make those buffs discernible and distinct. I'm having trouble knowing when to renew Astral Seal because of all the tiny icons that are hard to see.

Aiming Healing Word just takes a lot of skill and practice. I aim it almost perfectly everytime. So get used to it because it's not changing anytime soon. This is an action MMO, not WoW.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Aiming healing word is annoying, I don't care how skilled and practiced someone claims to be. Combat is very chaotic in this game with very little in the way of aggro management which makes aiming at a person very cumbersome.

On the bright side due to the games very limited amount of slotted powers chances are at upper levels you won't bother putting healing word on your bar.

The reality is you are not supposed to magically make people stop taking potions just because you add in some healing.

In neverwinter as a cleric its more your job to add aoe healing and damage mitigation. If a person is going down too fast its still their responsibility to pop a healing a potion.
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i use two aoe heals + HW and works well, (sunburst, Forgemaster, Healing word) , i dont really use HW as an emergency heal for anybody specially if they are cluttered. i spam in in order to regen AP and Divinity, and healing myself. If i get the chance to get a clear shot of anybody who needs healing with HW then thats a bonus.

I am only lvl 40 and at this level bastion of health doesnt seem worth it at the moment, perhaps when i get the feats for bastion (invigorated) and hallowed ground then maybe i will change it to bastion or Astral shield in later levels. as far as my current level, HW, sunburst, and Forgemaster are the best heals for me..... again it suits my game style and seeing how the agro system here sucks.... HW on me has saved my butt alot
  • wompoo1wompoo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    Aiming Healing Word just takes a lot of skill and practice. I aim it almost perfectly everytime. So get used to it because it's not changing anytime soon. This is an action MMO, not WoW.

Yet your response is like the dregs of BNet and WoW gaming. He has a point and as for action, what a pile of manure. It is supposed to be a DnD game, yet class structure looks more like a console game.