test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVE is not fun at all

greedyswinegreedyswine Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Ive been playing pve for some time now in this game and now ive come to a point where i go to tier 2 dungeons.Out of 4 runs i compleated only 1....and why?....coz we had a 11k cw doing a speed run.I have to say this is the most poorly made pve of all the mmorpgs ive played (i wont name them but they at least had mechanics on bosses).Isnt action combat suppose to change the standard stay out of the green **** mechanics?
Anyway why is every **** boss in this awesome game 1 hit half health blow + 2 milion god **** adds (and they aint no weak trash...they kick ***)I mean Hrimnirs adds are rimfire golems and grunts!!! WHAT DO U WANT US TO DO FACING THAT.Pls tap this into your patch notes....reducing the number of adds on every boss ingame by 1 999 990.
Post edited by greedyswine on

Comments

• Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i a gree the amount of add ans the strength of them are insane in this game if we are to face that then tier 2 dungeons needto to be 20 man raid in order to complete
  • Options
    riggsxriggsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, no, no and no. Just fix the GWF(since, gwf's main theme, is off-tanking, and should hold all the adds.), kill the TR's ability to perma-stealth-tank bosses, and remove bull**** stuff like KD off- of ledges. Done, fixed, finito!
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    last night I took on a boss and had him almost dead when he seemed to summon 400 mobs to beat the liver out of me. They were as tough as him spewing out some green cloud <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that dropped me quick,fast, and in a hurry.
  • Options
    greedyswinegreedyswine Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If only the would switch those op adds with little 3 bar adds like archers and cutters that would be great :)
  • Options
    riggsxriggsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If only the would switch those op adds with little 3 bar adds like archers and cutters that would be great :)

No, this is clearly made with GWFs in mind. So just fix them. /the_end
  • Options
    senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    Agreed. There is no real challenge. It's all just a matter of how many adds. Wait... it's T1... ok... MORE adds... what? T2? MORE adds....

I've got a fever... and the only cure.... is more ADDS.

Ive been playing pve for some time now in this game and now ive come to a point where i go to tier 2 dungeons.Out of 4 runs i compleated only 1....and why?....coz we had a 11k cw doing a speed run.I have to say this is the most poorly made pve of all the mmorpgs ive played (i wont name them but they at least had mechanics on bosses).Isnt action combat suppose to change the standard stay out of the green **** mechanics?
    Anyway why is every **** boss in this awesome game 1 hit half health blow + 2 milion god **** adds (and they aint no weak trash...they kick ***)I mean Hrimnirs adds are rimfire golems and grunts!!! WHAT DO U WANT US TO DO FACING THAT.Pls tap this into your patch notes....reducing the number of adds on every boss ingame by 1 999 990.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Thought id write up some ideas for how bosses could be changed and allow for different types of game play. Obviously they are not perfect, as I am not a game developer! But I think these encounters could be more interesting than the current form so I picked two bosses that most people would know.

Boss Name: Bartholemew Blackdagger

Plundering strike
    At-Will

Deals 1500 damage
    Hits the target and steals 5% of their defence, power, recovery and regeneration this can stack up to 5 times.

Walk the plank!
    At-Will

Deals 3000 damage – 7’ cylinder – 17 range – 10s cool down
    Pushes all targets inside the cylinder back while dealing damage.

Wither
    Encounter

11000 damage - 30’ burst – 30s cool down
    Deals damage over 10 (Ticks 5 times) seconds and heals for 50% of the total damage done.
    Will not affect companions.

Cower
    Encounter

2300-2700 damage - 3 cylinder 45’ range. – 20s cool down
    After 3 seconds any players remaining in the cylinder take damage and are stunned for 2 seconds.

Scurvy
    Encounter

1000 damage – 30s cool down
    Deals damage over 10 seconds (Ticks 3 times) targets affected by scurvy have a 25% chance to be stunned for 1 second each tick, while they are sick. Scurvy will spread to other nearby players if they are within 20’ range of each other.

Swarm of flies
    Passive

The rotting stench of Bartholemew has attracted a great many flies. All attacks against him have a 10% chance to miss.

Rotter’s flesh
    Passive

When raised minions die within 1000’ of Bartholemew he receives 2.5% reduced damage for 20 seconds this can stack up to 10 times.

Adds

Every 25% total health loss, 2 adds will be raised to fight by Bartholemew’s side. Damage these two adds cause will heal Bartholemew for 10% of the damage done. Each raised minion will increase their damage by 10% if they are within 15’ range of another raised minion this can stack up to five times. All damage caused to the raised minions will be distributed between all of the active raised minions. Once summoned at their threshold (75/50/25) they cannot be summoned again

~*~

Boss Name: High Priestess Syndryth

Slash
    At-will
    Deals 1700 – frontal cleave 260
    when transformed this attack will now also add a bleed effect dealing 20% of the damage over 10 seconds, this can stack up to 10 times.

Pinning strike
    At-Will

Deals 1700 x 2 – 3’ cylinder – 10s cool down
    Hits the target for damage twice and then roots them for 3 seconds.
    When transformed this attack will now hit x3 rather than x2.

Cocoon
    Encounter

Deals 50% of targets health – 60s cooldown
    Places one player into a Cocoon, dealing damage over 60 seconds but rendering the player unable to take any actions, allied players can attack the cocoon to break the player free. This Cocoon will be placed in the raised platform. This encounter ability can only effect one party member at a time

Toxic charm
    Encounter

4000 damage – 30s cooldown
    Will charm target player currently second highest on threat, while charmed this player will attack friendly players for 2500 damage each hit. This effect lasts 8 seconds, but can be broken prematurely by using any controlling effect on the target. While charmed the player will take damage, if prematurely broken they still continue to take damage for the 8 second duration ticks 4 times.

Transform
    Encounter

At 50% health Syndryth transforms into a Drider learning new encounter skills. Syndryth will be healed to 100% after transforming.

Leap (Drider)
    Encounter

5000 damage - 30’ burst – 30’ range – 30s cooldown
    Leaps onto target player dealing damage to the player and anyone around that player.

Trample
    (Drider)
    Encounter
    3500 damage – 7’ cylinder – 45’ range – 20s cooldown
    Charge forward knocking back all targets and deal damage

Acid (Drider)
    Encounter

2000 Damage – 10’ radius – 80’ range – 20s cooldown
    Places a pool of acid on the floor that deals damage every second, lasts for 40 seconds.

Taste for pain

Passive
    All damage caused by Syndryth heals her for 5% of the damage done

Cull the weak
    Passive
    When a player within 1000’ of syndryth is below 25% health, her damage is increased by 25%.

Adds
    at 75/50/25% five spider eggs will spawn around the outer edge of the room, it takes 30 seconds for an egg to hatch, each egg will spawn a bristle spider. Each egg has 10000 health, destroying an egg will stop the spider from spawning.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    erendunerendun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this goes to the perfect world developers: please use out the d&d license! And dont get ideas that ores could be in religion packages.
    Dungeons could be so mystical and great.
    Btw, if you speak to npc's they are too hectically, some seem like havin a nerve disease.
    Please exhaust the D&D concept!
  • Options
    artoahartoah Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    Thought id write up some ideas for how bosses could be changed and allow for different types of game play. Obviously they are not perfect, as I am not a game developer! But I think these encounters could be more interesting than the current form so I picked two bosses that most people would know.

Boss Name: Bartholemew Blackdagger

Plundering strike
    At-Will

Deals 1500 damage
    Hits the target and steals 5% of their defence, power, recovery and regeneration this can stack up to 5 times.

Walk the plank!
    At-Will

Deals 3000 damage – 7’ cylinder – 17 range – 10s cool down
    Pushes all targets inside the cylinder back while dealing damage.

Wither
    Encounter

11000 damage - 30’ burst – 30s cool down
    Deals damage over 10 (Ticks 5 times) seconds and heals for 50% of the total damage done.

Cower
    Encounter

2300-2700 damage - 3 cylinder 45’ range. – 20s cool down
    After 3 seconds any players remaining in the cylinder take damage and are stunned for 2 seconds.

Scurvy
    Encounter

1000 damage – 30s cool down
    Deals damage over 10 seconds (Ticks 3 times) targets affected by scurvy have a 25% chance to be stunned for 1 second each tick, while they are sick. Scurvy will spread to other nearby players if they are within 20’ range of each other.

Swarm of flies
    Passive

The rotting stench of Bartholemew has attracted a great many flies. All attacks against him have a 10% chance to miss.

Rotter’s flesh
    Passive

When raised minions die within 1000’ of Bartholemew he receives 2.5% reduced damage for 20 seconds this can stack up to 10 times.

Adds

Every 25% total health loss, 2 adds will be raised to fight by Bartholemew’s side. Damage these two adds cause will heal Bartholemew for 10% of the damage done. Each raised minion will increase their damage by 10% if they are within 15’ range of another raised minion this can stack up to five times. All damage caused to the raised minions will be distributed between all of the active raised minions. Once summoned at their threshold (75/50/25) they cannot be summoned again

~*~

Boss Name: High Priestess Syndryth

Slash
    At-will
    Deals 1700 – frontal cleave 260
    when transformed this attack will now also add a bleed effect dealing 20% of the damage over 10 seconds, this can stack up to 10 times.

Pinning strike
    At-Will

Deals 1700 x 2 – 3’ cylinder – 10s cool down
    Hits the target for damage twice and then roots them for 3 seconds.
    When transformed this attack will now hit x3 rather than x2.

Cocoon
    Encounter

Deals 50% of targets health – 60s cooldown
    Places one player into a Cocoon, dealing damage over 60 seconds but rendering the player unable to take any actions, allied players can attack the cocoon to break the player free. This Cocoon will be placed in the raised platform. This encounter ability can only effect one party member at a time

Toxic charm
    Encounter

4000 damage – 30s cooldown
    Will charm target player currently second highest on threat, while charmed this player will attack friendly players for 2500 damage each hit. This effect lasts 8 seconds, but can be broken prematurely by using any controlling effect on the target. While charmed the player will take damage, if prematurely broken they still continue to take damage for the 8 second duration ticks 4 times.

Transform
    Encounter

At 50% health Syndryth transforms into a Drider learning new encounter skills. Syndryth will be healed to 100% after transforming.

Leap (Drider)
    Encounter

5000 damage - 30’ burst – 30’ range – 30s cooldown
    Leaps onto target player dealing damage to the player and anyone around that player.

Trample
    (Drider)
    Encounter
    3500 damage – 7’ cylinder – 45’ range – 20s cooldown
    Charge forward knocking back all targets and deal damage

Acid (Drider)
    Encounter

2000 Damage – 10’ radius – 80’ range – 20s cooldown
    Places a pool of acid on the floor that deals damage every second, lasts for 40 seconds.

Taste for pain

Passive
    All damage caused by Syndryth heals her for 5% of the damage done

Cull the weak
    Passive
    When a player within 1000’ of syndryth is below 25% health, her damage is increased by 25%.

Adds
    at 75/50/25% five spider eggs will spawn around the outer edge of the room, it takes 30 seconds for an egg to hatch, each egg will spawn a bristle spider. Each egg has 10000 health, destroying an egg will stop the spider from spawning.

Wow I actually love this. I'm not sure exactly how they determine boss abilities etc, but having actual abilities instead of "HEY HO MORE ADDS" would be pretty awesome.
  • Options
    jonddnjonddn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I support this idea 100%

/signed
    "Kobold smells all! Kobold Omnisniffient!" - Tuga? North Trail Wants You! - North! Always!