test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

$40.00 for a mount?

Comments

• askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Unfortunately, they are selling them aplenty. Save up your AD and buy a mount on the AH if you object. As long as people keep buying things from the shop or keys at $1.25 a pop to open lockboxes, it will not change.

Yup just move on.. There may be enough suckers out there for a niche company like Cryptic/PWE to stay afloat using such unethical and borderline illegal business tactics... I know I've spent my last dime on anything that has Cryptic's or PWE name on it.. I did the same thing with EA 3 years ago and have stuck to my guns.. Already told my army buddies I won't be buying BF4.

I refuse to give in to corporate greed. If it means eventually there won't be any companies I can buy games from, so be it. Honestly spend too much time playing them as it is.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good for whaling nobodies desperate for a weak attempt to attention seek.
  • roastedporkroastedpork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This argument is invalid.

I have spent a total of 10GBP, and have amassed 100GBP worth of items in a few days working the markets.

PS, The English Pound symbol does not work on these forums, Sad times.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sinnergod wrote: »
    I absolutely refuse to pay 30-40 bucks for a mount.r
    The only mounts costing that much are the vanity ones and the Tier 3 Horse.

You can get a Tier 1 Horse as an account wide unlock for $5 (each character you make can claim it for free in the store). Or as others have said already, you can save up 5 gold on each character and pay that for a Tier 1 Horse.
  • cerowlolcerowlol Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest, I thought the prices in the zen store were outrageous at first, but I think I'm fine with them now (apart from the respecc cost, which is just way too high right now and you don't really get much out of it).

If I wanted the best mount ingame that'd be 4k Zen. I could settle for a less stylish mount for 3k Zen which is technically the same. Without spending too much time in the game I have already 1,3k Zen plus around 400k AD, and I havent even visited an epic dungeon yet. So I figured, there's not really many people out there who will just buy 4k Zen directly, most will only buy 1-3k Zen depending on their patience, because they get a nice amount of Zen through ingame measures.

The price HAS to be that high for PW to make any profit at all, otherwise everyone would just spend two weeks farming Dungeons/AH and Dailies and wouldn't pay a cent. And I'd rather spend 15€ to get the mount earlier than spend it on stupid dye colors...

Add to that the fact that you'd be farming weeks for special mounts in traditional MMOs, offering a faster way for cash seems like a Win-Win situation for both the players and the publisher.
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    1) Mount is account wide, you buy it once, you can have it on 50 characters(account limit).
    2) Because you don't get to get something instantly it doesn't mean its impossible to get. I just today got enough ADs off AH to buy my last 1500 zen needed for epic one.
    3) Stop being instant gratification pricks people, you don't NEED everything NOW and if you do, you know where your wallets are, if you were to get everything instantly what would keep you playing mmos?

I wish the same could be said about buying Star Ships on STO. those are not account wide. And pretty insulting that they are not for that matter. Anything that's been purchased with Zen should always be account wide. and that goes for Bags you buy too. why is it Cryptic that when we buy a bag that it is not account wide????

Please do not make me answer this question for you.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup just move on.. There may be enough suckers out there for a niche company like Cryptic/PWE to stay afloat using such unethical and borderline illegal business tactics... I know I've spent my last dime on anything that has Cryptic's or PWE name on it.. I did the same thing with EA 3 years ago and have stuck to my guns.. Already told my army buddies I won't be buying BF4.

I refuse to give in to corporate greed. If it means eventually there won't be any companies I can buy games from, so be it. Honestly spend too much time playing them as it is.

/tissue.

:rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cerowlol wrote: »
    To be honest, I thought the prices in the zen store were outrageous at first, but I think I'm fine with them now (apart from the respecc cost, which is just way too high right now and you don't really get much out of it).

If I wanted the best mount ingame that'd be 4k Zen. I could settle for a less stylish mount for 3k Zen which is technically the same. Without spending too much time in the game I have already 1,3k Zen plus around 400k AD, and I havent even visited an epic dungeon yet. So I figured, there's not really many people out there who will just buy 4k Zen directly, most will only buy 1-3k Zen depending on their patience, because they get a nice amount of Zen through ingame measures.

The price HAS to be that high for PW to make any profit at all, otherwise everyone would just spend two weeks farming Dungeons/AH and Dailies and wouldn't pay a cent. And I'd rather spend 15
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sure you did :) As for the price yeah it's insane I wouldn't pay for it either but hey guess what this game is one of the only ones around that is legitimately free ( it's free you don't need to pay any thing any one that disagrees is nothing but a lazy spoiled child )
    They need to make their money some how as it costs money to keep this game up and running :P
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suroh66 wrote: »
    Sure you did :) As for the price yeah it's insane I wouldn't pay for it either but hey guess what this game is one of the only ones around that is legitimately free ( it's free you don't need to pay any thing any one that disagrees is nothing but a lazy spoiled child )

If it was up to you gaming would be a job and not entertainment.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /tissue.

:rolleyes:

Awww you getting wangry wittle kiddie poo? (sorry assuming you are a child, I mean who else would use /tissue, lmao) That post hit a little to close to home? Of course you could be some 40 year old in your mom's basement.. same difference.

Anyways, troll on kid.

*edit*

<====== Oh wait... you jelly at the Hero of the North title... Ahh makes sense now.
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If mounts were any cheaper..

Id simply farm Ad and then buy one.

Get a job kids really, im in the prcoes of doing that right now.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    I wish the same could be said about buying Star Ships on STO. those are not account wide. And pretty insulting that they are not for that matter.

Um... yes they are.

Buy a zen ship, you get it on every other character (of the right faction)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nah, mounts are way more expensive than 40 bucks only...

take a basic mount and calculate the amount of zen you need to buy to get it rank 3 with the 2 AD upgrades, and go whine : you'll see how right you'll be then.

...no. No, mounts are not "more expensive than $40". Because anyone with a brain would say "gee, it'll cost $60 of zen converted into AD to upgrade my basic mount, on one character, to Tier 3. Perhaps I should not be incredibly dumb, and instead buy a Tier 3 mount for every character I have for $30." That is, assuming you don't just save up the AD to do your mount upgrade, and instead convert it into zen and buy an account-wide fast mount.

Anyone who is dumb enough to spend more $ than it would cost to get a T3 mount outright, just to convert it into AD and buy the upgrade scroll? /facepalm
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll say it again:
    -I got 3000 zen total today for selling stuff on AH
    -I got purple horse mount
    -Once you get it you can change character, go to zen shop and it will be FREE for all your other characters to claim therefore:
    -You can get a own copy of the mount for every character you posses.

In my case I have the mount on 3 characters because my 4th is too low level, but I can still claim it for free for that character.

Couldn't type it in more simple way.

Thanks for the clarification and stating it in a manner that can't be read in multiple ways.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're a fool if you spend real money on this game with the exploits that exist.

I saw a guy yesterday with all epic items and runes in every slot and invulnerable. Whole team beating on him didn't even move his life bar.
  • pinacoladas22pinacoladas22 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll say it again:
    -I got 3000 zen total today for selling stuff on AH
    -I got purple horse mount
    -Once you get it you can change character, go to zen shop and it will be FREE for all your other characters to claim therefore:
    -You can get a own copy of the mount for every character you posses.

In my case I have the mount on 3 characters because my 4th is too low level, but I can still claim it for free for that character.

Couldn't type it in more simple way.

someone bought the zen you bought with the ad
    edited May 2013
    Awww you getting wangry wittle kiddie poo? (sorry assuming you are a child, I mean who else would use /tissue, lmao) That post hit a little to close to home? Of course you could be some 40 year old in your mom's basement.. same difference.

Anyways, troll on kid.

*edit*

<====== Oh wait... you jelly at the Hero of the North title... Ahh makes sense now.

Yes jealousy that's it...might want to look up the different title references slick,or you can go find my post on the flack I got after purchasing my HoN which isn't really a big deal...:rolleyes:

Anyway I just thought you needed a Tissue, because you cry about this game at least sixteen hours a day, but please continue it's highly entertaining.
  • nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, of all the items for zen, the mounts may actually end up being worth it long time, I bought the worg myself, because it goes to all characters on the account at lvl 20, so you are buying for everyone, not just the one character, unlike, say companions, or bag space

so I guess it comes down to money and value, I felt it was worth the value, I love the worg, traveling speed is way cut down, even if you think there is no need, trust me, try moving 150% faster all the time, it is nice
    edited May 2013
    nymbyl wrote: »
    Yeah, of all the items for zen, the mounts may actually end up being worth it long time, I bought the worg myself, because it goes to all characters on the account at lvl 20, so you are buying for everyone, not just the one character, unlike, say companions, or bag space

so I guess it comes down to money and value, I felt it was worth the value, I love the worg, traveling speed is way cut down, even if you think there is no need, trust me, try moving 150% faster all the time, it is nice

I actually like the look of the worg but noticed certain characters (the half-orc and Halfling for example) don't look quite right on it.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I recall an earlier thread where someone said that they enjoyed collecting the "unique / rare / special" mounts.... then complain that they couldn't afford one of the epic mounts, so Cryptic should drop the price on them.

that'd kinda ruin the whole "unique / rare / special" if *everyone* had one...

Personally, my $60 got me a rank 3 mount AND purple companion. Plus the other goodies. Not bad when compared to store prices.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sinnergod wrote: »
    Gygax would roll over in his grave if he knew about this.

If every time Gygax spun in his grave. Every time some angry nerd claimed he did. He would spin enough to power a generator strong enough to run all of Gencon.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    I wish the same could be said about buying Star Ships on STO. those are not account wide. And pretty insulting that they are not for that matter. Anything that's been purchased with Zen should always be account wide. and that goes for Bags you buy too. why is it Cryptic that when we buy a bag that it is not account wide????

Please do not make me answer this question for you.

I don't know what version of STO you're playing, but the one I'm playing you buy a ship once and all characters of that faction on the account can use it.

If you're talking about Fleet ships then that's a different kettle of fish and there are easier ways to get the Fleet Ship modules anyway.
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    If every time Gygax spun in his grave. Every time some angry nerd claimed he did. He would spin enough to power a generator strong enough to run all of Gencon.

Well said. I think I will repost what I said about this the last time someone whined about Gary spinning n his grave.
    Every time I hear this self righteous remark, I think that folks have some messed up ideas about who Gary was, I had the pleasure of meeting him at Gencon back in 1980, and was able to converse with him during several Gencons after that Two of which he ran the infamous ToEE module. Gary was not a rules or edition lawyer point of fact he hated them, so the only thing he would be spinning in his grave over is how people attach their own beliefs and opinions to his name.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As people are saying there are cheaper mounts in game...ect. the high prices don't really prevent people from getting mounts however is IS preventing people from going oooo I want a riding bear then going out to 7-11 plopping down cash for a zen card and getting their mount.

high prices are encouraging people to get their luxuries via grinding and auction house rather than impulse buying this does hurt their bottom line imho, what I would do is have 2 prices for everything in zen store 1 for account wide and a cheaper one for 1 character. this was the player who wants to plop down that point card for a 10$ riding bear on one char or plot down 40$ for a bear on every character. also have zen cards that come with a free object.

Also bag/bank space will discourage these high priced investments. its one thing to encourage bank slot purchases and then its another to discourage big ticket purchases. its 600 for a bank slot upgrade 4000$ for a mount... id say encourage mounts over bank space.

I suggest having a bag for fashion costumes and a bag for mounts ike you do for trade skills and idle companions so that they don't take up bag/bank slots maybe ability to buy multiple active mount slots so you can say hmm I feel like a riding spider today. this will encourage a gotta get them all mentality rather than a i'm just gonna get a worg for everyone cause that's all I can afford.

Also with all this spinning your implying Gygax was a GWF... Clearly he was a TR
  • evileyecurseevileyecurse Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    you don't need a mount for late game trust me. Its just there to make you all pretty.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »

It is the greatest power source of all time if we can harness power from enough agitated corpses.

Link
    Link
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    It is the greatest power source of all time if we can harness power from enough agitated corpses.

Link
    Link

ROTFLMAO frigging brilliant.....but I doubt a lot of folks here will get it.
  • jamesl1jamesl1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Mount is account wide, you buy it once, you can have it on 50 characters(account limit).
    2) Because you don't get to get something instantly it doesn't mean its impossible to get. I just today got enough ADs off AH to buy my last 1500 zen needed for epic one.
    3) Stop being instant gratification pricks people, you don't NEED everything NOW and if you do, you know where your wallets are, if you were to get everything instantly what would keep you playing mmos?

stop defending this crappy game
    edited May 2013
    jamesl1 wrote: »
    stop defending this crappy game

Stop making alt accounts to bash it. :p