test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Icespire Mountaineer

narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have been everywhere there is to go on that stupid map 5x, including getting stuck underneath the rocks in the troll nest, and still no achievement, what am I missing?
Please check out my foundry quests!
The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
Post edited by narathkor on

Comments

• Options
    meads91meads91 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just curious how do you see the achievements ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hit J, then when on the quests screen there are 3 tabs at the top left, the second one is achievements.
  • Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont like how the achivements dont list all of them available. I've gotten cheevos for killing stuff, but I dont see those listed anywhere. Its always story/lore/quest/leveling and a few foundry cheevos.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I have gotten a few random achievements as well, but I would at least like to be able to complete the ones that are listed.
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shoot, I was hoping to find the answer to this question here... I, too, have explored every inch of the Icespire Peaks (I think) and don't have this achievement.

I did every mission along the way (that I could find) except the final dungeon, and I even poked my head in that briefly (barely survived the first group of foes so left it alone) in case exploring the final dungeon was part of what they meant. I did not explore ALL the dungeon, so I suppose it's still possible that THAT is the roadblock for me --- that you have to do EVERYTHING, including completing / mapping the entire final dungeon out.

One last thing to try (that I am loathe to try) is to travel the entire distance from entrance to the final dungeon door in one pass. I can't image that that is it, though, since there are some side paths you could take and would that invalidate your "trek" from one end to the other... One place I did NOT clear the fog of war was the left "axe blade" on the long bridge... it LOOKED like it was blocked and I did not want to try to jump over the railing and then find out I just fell to my death or something.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braxzana wrote: »
    Shoot, I was hoping to find the answer to this question here... I, too, have explored every inch of the Icespire Peaks (I think) and don't have this achievement.

I did every mission along the way (that I could find) except the final dungeon, and I even poked my head in that briefly (barely survived the first group of foes so left it alone) in case exploring the final dungeon was part of what they meant. I did not explore ALL the dungeon, so I suppose it's still possible that THAT is the roadblock for me --- that you have to do EVERYTHING, including completing / mapping the entire final dungeon out.

One last thing to try (that I am loathe to try) is to travel the entire distance from entrance to the final dungeon door in one pass. I can't image that that is it, though, since there are some side paths you could take and would that invalidate your "trek" from one end to the other... One place I did NOT clear the fog of war was the left "axe blade" on the long bridge... it LOOKED like it was blocked and I did not want to try to jump over the railing and then find out I just fell to my death or something.

As far as I can tell, I have done that. :)
    Just did another run through of the entire map, including a final dungeon stop. Nothing on the map is blacked out, and I even made sure to hit all three scrying atones including the one on the axe blade.

Still no achievement. :(
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    marcosvecchinemarcosvecchine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem here.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could there be a location you have to climb up to that is not readily recognized like the one from the tower district where you jump to the bottom of the tower?
  • Options
    rasylia2010rasylia2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, i can help a bit.

When you have the list of Achievements - at the bottom is a small line where you can klick at.
    There will be the 2nd last list of Achievements. One is always missing - the kill Achievements.

Havnt found out how to get there -yet. For me it seems that the scroll function is broken. Neverwinter Devs, Help us out! :9

Regards
  • Options
    marcosvecchinemarcosvecchine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An upgrade, i run de zone dungeon, and yet.... nothing.
  • Options
    xcammixcammi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    Same here, I've been to every place on the map possible, including the axe. Still not getting the achievement.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    meads91meads91 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep same problem here.
  • Options
    vasiok97vasiok97 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem.I spent 20 minutes and cleared up every foggy area on my map.still nothing.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, i can help a bit.

When you have the list of Achievements - at the bottom is a small line where you can klick at.
    There will be the 2nd last list of Achievements. One is always missing - the kill Achievements.

Havnt found out how to get there -yet. For me it seems that the scroll function is broken. Neverwinter Devs, Help us out! :9

Regards

It isn't the only broken category. The quests category only shows up if you have only show completed selected. I know I have gotten an achievement for coming first in damage in a dungeon a number of times but I can't find it under any category.

There is also some achievements for completing a zone completely that are broken because quests are flagging for it properly.

I doubt we will see any achievement fixes soon as they tend to be low priority. So the Icespire Mountaineer achievement will continue to mock us.
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It may not be broken; I was cruising through the snow and on a lark wandered over to what appeared to be an open cave entrance... it had no sparklies or anything but when I got close enough I COULD enter it. Inside was a single cave (possibly with an antechamber for the rez-point, I forget)... fought a few foes and found some bodies with a note to take to a Dwarf at a camp. Very small encounter, but it made me wonder if there are other "hidden" areas of the map we just haven't stumbled across?

There's another area where I saw what looked like a smooth-walled hallway so I hopped on rocks until I finally got up to it and sure enough it was a long smooth-walled hallway that ended at a door. For all I know, that's the exit door for the dungeon (which I've never run). In any event, it was not interact-able from the open-world side.

Or, you know, it could be bugged. :)
  • Options
    vasiok97vasiok97 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well that cave is a separate dungeonmap and it's just there for the sole purpose of bestowing the messanger quest.though there may be more hidden areas like the ace trail one
  • Options
    moobbymoobby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same, tried to finish that and i couldn't. This is a 50 points achievment and the other ones are usually 10 or 20 so it could be a hard one to achieve like climb a part of the mountain and click on something. It should too be bugged as you may noticed some others achievments are (like for me the PK achievment in dungeons wich cant be validate).

the thing what should help is to really know if there's a bug on this or not, because searching to achieve this for hours if it's not doable caused it's bugged, well... that's not really great
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has found a solution. I have jumped on every rock I could find to jump on, check closely every place that looks like a cave entrance and still nothing.
  • Options
    beldogbeldog Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    having the same problem! any solution or hints? would be nice to know from devs if its just bugged or we're missing something
  • Options
    zaknefein2zaknefein2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    has anyone finished this achievement ever???
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is currently broken. I have reported icespire during beta and during open, the problem lay with two points not registering on the traveled areas, you will see them both well into the black areas. I cleared one by jumping off the casm but cannot get the last one because the registering point is too far out not accessible.

submit a ticket for now.

Another achievement, Occulus in spellplague is also bugged.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • Options
    adameoadameo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still broken
    Submit a ticket, too
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any update on this one ? Is it still broken? I have been over the entire area multiple times - just the only thing I haven't done is to suicide by jumping off the bridge, but I have a hard time imagining that is what it takes.

Has anyone actually gotten this achievement ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    alkuzaralkuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's still broken
    Wizard.jpg
    Alkuzar, Level 60 12k+ GS Control Wizard
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have you done the skirmish and dungeon as well, similar to the requirements for Cold Hearted?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    croffilecroffile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, just tried to do this achievement until i gave up and started to google - and found this thread.

Still broken. :|
    asailorsadventure.png
    Shortcode copy: NW-DFQEQQ8H6
  • Options
    ankokumenankokumen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys, another update - this achievement is still broken, sadly...
    "He who fights monsters... should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. Because.. when you gaze long into an abyss... the abyss also gazes into you..." - Nietzsche
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Definitely still broken. I guess this is why P.E is down to 10 zones with 15-90 people per zone. (mostly 15-20)
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still broken? Has anyone seen anything official (forums or bug report update)? I went looking for this after I reached lvl 60 since I could waltz by all the mobs. I cleared every nook and cranny I could find, then I started climbing things.

I found one interesting spot that nobody has mentioned. In the one-way path that returns downhill to the camp that is by the top of the fallen axe, there is a spot where you can climb up to an area that is not on the map (a black area). To find it, go a short way down this path from the uphill side (you can't enter from the downhill side, at least I can't jump that high) and look for a slightly lighter colored "pile" of rocks on the right hand side at the base of the side wall. Here you can climb to the top of the side wall and explore the entire top of the ridge that separates the one-way path from the regular two-way path. Well, most of the ridge -- I couldn't get all the way to the upper end (high point I couldn't jump or climb) -- and I couldn't get all the way to the low end either due to an invisible wall on the flat "snowy" part plus a tall spire on the "craggy" part. Somebody else might have better luck getting further, but the entire area is in the black of the map. It includes a couple of flat, snowy covered areas that are mostly accessible and which offer unique views of the mountain and of the frozen giant.

Perhaps there are more areas like this?
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bleh, I hope it doesn't include the skirmish. I missed that with my character, and you can't do it retroactively.

Anywho, I was catching up on achievements, and couldn't figure out what I was missing. Found the cave, explored the entire axeblade, and followed the axe handles to the gem and everything, so I'm glad to see it's not just me.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW