test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

really!?!?!

kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
now they are planning to nerf Astral Shield and Rogue DMG.....umm do they not want us to pass epics....FFS what the hell is wrong with you Cryptic. You already pretty much damned the Guardian to life of either have 13+K GS or GTFO, and GWF is pretty much a WTF do I do class. Seriously what the hell is going on?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kharnagex on

Comments

• Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Post a source or shut up. Without a reliable source this is just more forum whining.
  • Options
    fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    nerfing stuff that is overpowered? no, don't do that!
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    Please nerf AS already so I don't have to gamble on need with other Cleric in party.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    I dont see any overpowered too so far, equipment maybe bot not character, everything has its own limitation. well, since the PvPer said so what can I say
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    I dont see any overpowered too so far, equipment maybe bot not character, everything has its own limitation. well, since the PvPer said so what can I say

Well there is nothing thet instantly kills all your 5 opponents 3 times in a row. But there are spells that feels just disgustingly powerful and there is no way you can avoid them (that cw green beam?). So, even if that is not "overpowered" in your book, it certainly limits gameplay and makes for no fun enviroment as long as people abuse those enough.
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kharnagex wrote: »
    now they are planning to nerf Astral Shield and Rogue DMG.....umm do they not want us to pass epics....FFS what the hell is wrong with you Cryptic. You already pretty much damned the Guardian to life of either have 13+K GS or GTFO, and GWF is pretty much a WTF do I do class. Seriously what the hell is going on?

If your talking about the AS stacking on each other, then seriously? You really need to learn to play the game the way it was made to play...I can do epics just fine with only one DC
  • Options
    nam19772nam19772 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    If your talking about the AS stacking on each other, then seriously? You really need to learn to play the game the way it was made to play...I can do epics just fine with only one DC

The problem is, imho, that it's currently hard to figure out what's working as intended or not. Because no, common sense doesn't apply as far as Cryptic games are concerned.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They mentioned in The State of the Game that doing class balancing is planned for the near future. It's a good read, have a look at it.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    As a Guardian Character... I think that Astral Shield should be fixed so it does not stack.. but "nerfed", no. Lessoning the aggro a heal spell causes might be best too. This way it is not "as" easy to grab aggro from the guardian then. I am not saying remove aggro from healing all together, just make it less prevalent.
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Mentioning" class balance is a long way from the OP saying they plan to "nerf" specific aspects of certain classes. All they say is that some powers have a bug and the next thing they will do after fixing the bugs is looking into feedback about Balance.

He is speculating at best and maybe colouring his speculation with wishful thinking.
  • Options
    nevernimnevernim Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only way to stop people like me from leaving...is making the 2 classes i enjoy playing a viable option in end game content.
    My GWF and GF are getting auto booted from parties before we even start.
    If they have to scale down or even nerf CW/TR's or Astral Shield so be it.
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make skills have different stats for PvP and PvE instead of nerfing good skills..
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even though it's been said they are looking into balancing the classes it doesn't mean classes like the TR and CW are going to get nerfed, it's far easier to bring the GWF and GF damage up to where they should be in the first place. Fact is PvP isn't where these classes, especially the GWF are lacking, it's in PvE the GWF simply doesn't hit hard enough for what he's supposed to be. I can live with the fact the trickster attacks twice as fast. What I can't accept is the fact they do more damage with each hit of a dagger than the GWF does with a 6 foot long sword. That's got to be fixed.

Keep trickster rogue damage right where it's at and increase GWF and GF damage up to where they should be.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are currently working on Threat issues as well so GF could become a lot more solid tank. GWF could get a Tank Paragon(giving the class usefulness) and GWF could get a dmg boost for Swordmaster Paragon. These are all things that "may" come to pass. I do think TR is pumping a little more damage output then it should but until we get more Strikers in the game we don't have anything to compare it to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticfailcrypticfail Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well since you never play GWF you dont know how it is.. How come tht the small throwing dagger have more damge than the smashing 6foot long sword? Slow attack very low damge wht the hack is that right?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nikmal2013 wrote: »
    As a Guardian Character... I think that Astral Shield should be fixed so it does not stack.. but "nerfed", no. Lessoning the aggro a heal spell causes might be best too. This way it is not "as" easy to grab aggro from the guardian then. I am not saying remove aggro from healing all together, just make it less prevalent.

Yes I agree with this - remove or reduces the effectiveness of AS stacking, but don't nerf the spell otherwise.

I really don't want the Devs to a GWF-style hatchet jobs on DCs.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Keep trickster rogue damage right where it's at and increase GWF and GF damage up to where they should be.

Most content is pretty easy, IMO they should balance down not up, especially at this stage. No point encouraging power creep so early on.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double astral shield needs to be fixed you shouldnt bring 2 clerics to the group... bring GF with his absorb half the parties damage encounter along with the clerics astral shield.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    Post a source or shut up. Without a reliable source this is just more forum whining.

Thank you!

As a Trickster Rogue I support this message.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    double astral shield needs to be fixed you shouldnt bring 2 clerics to the group... bring GF with his absorb half the parties damage encounter along with the clerics astral shield.

Stacking of Astral Shield needs to be fixed. Rest about it is fine.
    As for the TRs, throwing dagger at-will is one of the strongest At wills, its on uber dmg class and its friggin ranged, if that doesn't scream OP as fk then I don't know what does.
  • Options
    ghostbullkghostbullk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    As for the TRs, throwing dagger at-will is one of the strongest At wills, its on uber dmg class and its friggin ranged, if that doesn't scream OP as fk then I don't know what does.

Hum... let me see... Maybe a freaking CW ccing the **** out of you and the proced to 1 shot you, and if by any chance and miracle you catch him he teleports 3 times
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Even though it's been said they are looking into balancing the classes it doesn't mean classes like the TR and CW are going to get nerfed, it's far easier to bring the GWF and GF damage up to where they should be in the first place. Fact is PvP isn't where these classes, especially the GWF are lacking, it's in PvE the GWF simply doesn't hit hard enough for what he's supposed to be. I can live with the fact the trickster attacks twice as fast. What I can't accept is the fact they do more damage with each hit of a dagger than the GWF does with a 6 foot long sword. That's got to be fixed.

GF doesn't -need- damage, GF's shield is near useless in many cases and isn't exactly all that tanky without the shield and then there's the whole threat issue where the class is forced to go dps. it should have the option to actual tank, and not force it into a DPS class, there's already GWF that has a sword and is dps if people want to dps.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »

Each dagger does about 600 damage in the pvp set on a single hit.

But the real hurt comes from if you allow the buff to stack. (Roll a TR and read it's description. CONSECUTIVE HITS)

ALL You have to do to break this chain is dodge once and the buff won't stack.

So yeah it's only op if you stand there like a dumbass whilst 2 TR's lay into you with them.

The only Overpowered thing about TR's is peoples inability to learn how to play against them.

Especially as a CW's or GF's... Spastics.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

well we all can't be as cool as you can we.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    the post isn't about ****ing pvp.....if i want to pvp i'll go buy Call of Duty, GTFO with the pvp bs, i'm talking about dungeons, where the norm is now 2 CW, 2 DC, and 1 Rogue especially Castle Never.....the game boned the Fighters and all i'm getting on this post is Trolly McTrollerson saying how ****ing awesome he is and how I should play better....lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    Well there is nothing thet instantly kills all your 5 opponents 3 times in a row. But there are spells that feels just disgustingly powerful and there is no way you can avoid them (that cw green beam?). So, even if that is not "overpowered" in your book, it certainly limits gameplay and makes for no fun enviroment as long as people abuse those enough.

I'm still 42 so, does anyone know what the "green Beam" he talking about?
  • Options
    xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Successfully completed epics with no DC =.=" Did it with 2 GWFs =.=" and 1 TR
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what do you think? cryptic wants to slowly make t2 much harder so that you have to buy revive scrolls to beat them...tsching tsching $$$
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevernim wrote: »
    The only way to stop people like me from leaving...is making the 2 classes i enjoy playing a viable option in end game content.
    My GWF and GF are getting auto booted from parties before we even start.
    If they have to scale down or even nerf CW/TR's or Astral Shield so be it.

Which is sad to be honest since GWF and GF are great at end game.
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server population %75 rogue.. why ? cause imbalance class, ranged attacks Overpower.
    pukmp.jpg