test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Angel wings for fashion

Comments

• Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    talealock wrote: »
    no no no no no a thousand times no!

You'll see my previous post here was in agreement for not including wings or bunny ears. But I got to thinking. What if they were implemented during like an in game festival. Like a masquerade or something. Instead of just fluffy ears have the rabbit ears be part of an elegant mask. Same thing with the wings. I wouldn't like them to be Zen shop and instead are given a reward for participating in the event. But I guess if they wanted to make money with them a limited time, while event is going on, couldn't hurt.

I'd personally love a dashing fox themed masquerade outfit.
    2976278857_41b30edba1.jpg
  • Options
    talealocktalealock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    You'll see my previous post here was in agreement for not including wings or bunny ears. But I got to thinking. What if they were implemented during like an in game festival. Like a masquerade or something. Instead of just fluffy ears have the rabbit ears be part of an elegant mask. Same thing with the wings. I wouldn't like them to be Zen shop and instead are given a reward for participating in the event. But I guess if they wanted to make money with them a limited time, while event is going on, couldn't hurt.

I'd personally love a dashing fox themed masquerade outfit.
    2976278857_41b30edba1.jpg

See this is perfectly fine and fitting, and something like this that is a rabbit. Masquerade style masks and outfits would fit perfect in the neverwinter setting. In fact I would even buy that, that is beautiful.

Still don't know about the wings though.
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >.< .... Someone hand me the Nine Lives Stealer .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't usually try to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on other people's ideas, but... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

It's not that this is a really bad idea, it's fine, except wings can be large and distracting. I can't imagine having to sit behind someone in a dungeon who's got these big ol' wings on. Further, I don't want to go to the city and see that half the population has turned into angels. Kinda breaks the mood.

But, my real point is, shouldn't we get a nice assortment of real clothes before we jump on the goofy stuff?

I wouldn't go as far as half the city has turned to angels lol. Anyway, I agree that nice assortment of real clothes are sorely needed, and maybe they can concentrate on that first.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >.< .... Someone hand me the Nine Lives Stealer .

I am more of a scimitar of wounding type ... I think they should suffer !
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    Any possibility of adding some angel wings for the zen store? Is this in line with D&D lore?

I have no problem with it and yes, Wings are very D&D.

607385.jpg
  • Options
    kyazikyazi Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm I would love a guardian fighter set that looks like Valkyrie armor <3 but that's cause almost all the armor looks the same T_T... would be funny if you could get a satyr or faun cosmetic costume lmao
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want a robe and pointy wizard hat fashion outfit so I can look like a mage without affecting my stats.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If they get wings, I want a dinosaur costume.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kynttila wrote: »
    if they get wings, i want a dinosaur costume.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

trexwingsflamingsword.jpg

I can totally get behind this idea. Just add a flaming sword enchant and you're all set.
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wasabiburn wrote: »
    Who's lore? Your lore? Bob's lore? Ed's lore? I wasn't aware that D&D had such a restrictive lore that players weren't free to creatively express themselves and make something of their own. I think a few Foundry Authors, Dungeon Masters, and Roleplayers would disagree with that.

In this case Forgotten Realms 4E lore. Half Celestial/Infernal, Dragonborn, and Avariel can all have wings. A character could probably be granted wings with a Wish spell, and the Favored Soul class sprouted wings. Though I'm pretty sure Favored Souls don't exist anymore.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    arontimes wrote: »
    I want a robe and pointy wizard hat fashion outfit so I can look like a mage without affecting my stats.

There is a pointy wizard hat! Its in the Wondrous Bazaar near Rhix! It is not a fashion item though so it could be a potential item upgrade as well as Wizard only.

I have been contemplating getting it myself but I have been happy with my Epic PvP hat for now. For now...
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic would clean house in the zen store if they made a more extensive wardrobe tab and filled the store with costume and other affordable cosmetic goods.

People like to look different (and Epic) and right now this game is Attack of the Neverwinter Clones.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    jamezwithazjamezwithaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    It nice to see the consensus is anti-wing :p. It's not that I totally dislike wings, they have just been really overused in MMOs in recent years.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I am pretty certain after last Halloween , the judge gave you a restraining order that said " no purple dinosaur costumes " .
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Gayest ... Thread ... ever ...
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    uvirith1 wrote: »
    Gayest ... Thread ... ever ...

Yes this is truly the happiest thread ever!!!
    Happy happy happy :cool:
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    phaazenphaazen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes and no

in D&D lore anything mid high lvl flight (spell) is common place, but most is form an item work like a ring. Players also often get flight from racial or class abilitys; this is where wings happen. A lot of draconic racial/class stuff has dragon wings and you can get angel wings aswell by being an angel ingame, but usually there are severe penaltys too because angels are so powerful. so chance of wings? probably but it will be like tiefling horns if/when they come out with drconic stuff.
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    There are LOTS of possibilities, this one would be pretty sweet. What would the rest of the outfit be? There is typically a Headpiece, Body and Bottoms, what would those look like or be?

Maybe like a Dragon Knight kind of look? Like dark armor with torn wings to give it a look of an ancient warrior that somehow got fused with the soul of a dragon.
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    MMO fact #263: The quality of an MMO is inversely proportional to the number of players you see wearing angel wings.

Hey, I don't make the rules. I'm just the messenger.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are LOTS of possibilities, this one would be pretty sweet. What would the rest of the outfit be? There is typically a Headpiece, Body and Bottoms, what would those look like or be?

Deva set (refer to DnD pages).

Add Balrog / Glabrezu for possibilities for evil sets.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would expect no less than wings out of them. Just need flying mounts and Dennis Rodman Grenades. All reasonably priced at $39.99 each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a pointy wizard hat! Its in the Wondrous Bazaar near Rhix! It is not a fashion item though so it could be a potential item upgrade as well as Wizard only.

I have been contemplating getting it myself but I have been happy with my Epic PvP hat for now. For now...

For those who don't know what it looks like, here it is on my tiefling, along with the robe that is of the same name from there. (Redyed of course)

8699890667_9d54404df6_z.jpg
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013

How about Angel of vengeance companion ?

angel-of-vengeance.jpg
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    For those who don't know what it looks like, here it is on my tiefling, along with the robe that is of the same name from there. (Redyed of course)

*image snipped*

Oh man, must... resist burning all... astral diamonds...
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh man, must... resist burning all... astral diamonds...

You can probably figure out where my bonus AD (plus more) went from the HotN pack. ;)

My only real complaint is it makes my hair go away and i look bald underneath. Kind of odd.
  • Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please, please God no. Anything but wings ;~;
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."