test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Angel wings for fashion

hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Any possibility of adding some angel wings for the zen store? Is this in line with D&D lore?
Post edited by hycinthus on

Comments

• Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, 10 year ban.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wings ? we don't need no stinking wings !

It would have to take the chest place , so it would be more then just wings . But yeah eventually I would expect something like that in the zen store .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No, 10 year ban.

Give source
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    Give source

internet

yolo
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any possibility of adding some angel wings for the zen store? Is this in line with D&D lore?

I hope it never happens...
    Maybe all asian mmos have it :(
    Ragnarok for example...

But if my memory serves well, there is(or was) a very rare "winged elf" race available in forgotten realms.
    I can remember a female winged elf named Aerie in Baldur's Gate. But her wings cut off because of the infection when she was caged. She was my favorite.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh give them a fashion set of wings they cam wear in the Moonstone mask....I mean it's not like they will show up in LOMD wearing them....right?

Oh wait.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    Ragnarok for example...

But if my memory serves well, there is(or was) a very rare "winged elf" race available in forgotten realms.
    I can remember a female winged elf named Aerie in Baldur's Gate. But her wings cut off because of the infection when she was caged. She was my favorite.

So it is not really outside the lore. I know probably you are scared everyone in town is wearing angels wings but right now they have outfits in Zen store and not everyone is running around in wedding dresses
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm personally not a big fan of paste on wings here in NW. Cosmetic wings don't bother me in general, I just don't think they are a good fit here.

The races name was Avariel.
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not unless they also give us butterfly wings. OMG and cute cat ears for head piece!!! <3
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wasabiburn wrote: »
    Not unless they also give us butterfly wings. OMG and cute cat ears for head piece!!! <3

lets take the idea of wings and cat stuff and mix it all together to give us the Tressym companion!
    tressym.jpg
  • Options
    pizzarazzipizzarazzi Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    play RO forget other games

theres your angel wings

and a chick hat to go with it
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Seriously ? Not Boo ? Or that hawt evil cleric ? Heck even the complaining evil dwarf was better then the crying elf .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not against bunny ears as well, they have their place although maybe not in NW
  • Options
    berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's okay to be Takei and all, but come on. No. Seriously. Please don't. >:-[
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wings dont really fit into the Lore of D&D so I completely doubt it.

If you want wings, go play Aion Online.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    Wings dont really fit into the Lore of D&D so I completely doubt it.

Who's lore? Your lore? Bob's lore? Ed's lore? I wasn't aware that D&D had such a restrictive lore that players weren't free to creatively express themselves and make something of their own. I think a few Foundry Authors, Dungeon Masters, and Roleplayers would disagree with that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wasabiburn wrote: »
    Who's lore? Your lore? Bob's lore? Ed's lore? I wasn't aware that D&D had such a restrictive lore that players weren't free to creatively express themselves and make something of their own. I think a few Foundry Authors, Dungeon Masters, and Roleplayers would disagree with that.

Forgotten Realm's lore. The lore from the setting that Neverwinter is set in. While D&D isn't necessarily restrictive, settings can be.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Avariel (Aril-tel-quessir in elven or "winged folk") were amongst the first of the elven races to migrate to Faerun
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Avariel

but its no fashion accessory part of the race.
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Forgotten Realm's lore.

Angels and Fey are definitely part of Forgotten Realm's lore and setting, and if players want to wear some wings to be like them then more power to them.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Angel

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Fey
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Seriously ? Not Boo ? Or that hawt evil cleric ? Heck even the complaining evil dwarf was better then the crying elf .

What was the name of that evil wizard.. "Xar" or something like that right? And he had a thief companion.
    Aerie was my favorite because of her beauty (not related to any game lore) I still keep her portrait images :)

And you're right, Boo is everyones love :)

Evil dwarf was the guy who often says something similar to "why on Moralin's hammer."? English is not my native language so, probably I can't get it right.
  • Options
    covinus03covinus03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ragnarok for example...

Avariel, and yea wings aren't really in keeping with typical Forgotten Realms lore at all. Might I suggest Aion if you're interested in wings? (not trying to be a jerk just saying that game is all about humanoids with wings)
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> no if you want wings play Aion, we don't need that **** here!
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013

There are LOTS of possibilities, this one would be pretty sweet. What would the rest of the outfit be? There is typically a Headpiece, Body and Bottoms, what would those look like or be?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    There are LOTS of possibilities, this one would be pretty sweet. What would the rest of the outfit be? There is typically a Headpiece, Body and Bottoms, what would those look like or be?

Well it'd be great if there could be a 4th fashion slot added for "Back" so there can be options for cosmetic capes and wings and backpacks and things :)

Otherwise I would say the rest of the body outfit with the wings should be some kind of elegant armor/bodice, matching the color tones of the wings (with dye options available throughout the entire piece, including the wings)
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »

I could see flowing robes or similar, loose and drapey, or something would be really cool.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cosmetic and wings should not be in the same sentence *face palm* uggh guess i'm the only one that thinks they should stay a body part
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    talealocktalealock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    no no no no no a thousand times no!

Please! there are so many games out there with that cutesy korean style we do NOT need it in a DND game! Want to add many of the winged creatures or races to the game? FINE but putting angel wings on a dwarf? cute bunny ears on a drow? how about fairy foo foo puffs on a tiefling? that would COMPLETELY ruin the immersion and setting of a dnd game.

I am all for artistic vision and creativity and all that but you can always tell when a game goes down hill.

Neon bright goggles in ultima online is the best example I can think of.

This is coming from a female we do NOT need to cutesy up every game thats out there. I will never forget my experience with Tera, here I am a powerful aman female crushing enemies and taking names then I get to town and see people in sun glasses and swimming trunks, I was instantly turned off. That may work in Tera because its sort of the style of the game but that would NOT work here.

I am extremely concerned that a developer is interested in this idea... Please PLEASE don't do that to DND it deserves better than that. Noble finery and face masks work etc but cute little tid bits do NOT. Neverwinter has a setting people and there are plenty of games out there that you can force your overly cute chode.

Normally I just let well enough alone and move on but its getting hard, almost every game has been tainted with this stuff and its time we stand up against it because I know for a fact when the DnD crowd first finds a drow with fairy wings and cat ears there will be outcry. Save yourself the trouble.

The minute I walk into the moonstone mask and see a dwarf wearing bunny ears and fluffy butterfly wings is the minute I uninstall and never look back. This reminds me of the one guy/girl at the DnD table who obviously didn't understand the game and kept wanting to add powers to them self and strange game breaking gifts and features.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't usually try to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on other people's ideas, but... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

It's not that this is a really bad idea, it's fine, except wings can be large and distracting. I can't imagine having to sit behind someone in a dungeon who's got these big ol' wings on. Further, I don't want to go to the city and see that half the population has turned into angels. Kinda breaks the mood.

But, my real point is, shouldn't we get a nice assortment of real clothes before we jump on the goofy stuff?
  • Options
    talealocktalealock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I don't usually try to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on other people's ideas, but... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

It's not that this is a really bad idea, it's fine, except wings can be large and distracting. I can't imagine having to sit behind someone in a dungeon who's got these big ol' wings on. Further, I don't want to go to the city and see that half the population has turned into angels. Kinda breaks the mood.

But, my real point is, shouldn't we get a nice assortment of real clothes before we jump on the goofy stuff?

this. essentially what I said but short and simple. So much stuff we can add before we start getting into the "alternate universe" stage of the MMO. Save this garbage for when the game is years old and you run out of ideas.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow see how this is really pissing off certain people I am now hoping for Angel wings. :p
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!