test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About the economy...

124»

Comments

• Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    kyxoan wrote: »
    Great idea except, what about the $1200 + I spent on lockboxes ?
    Where I got... you know 1000 jeweled idols that give me 40,000 AD per?
    or the enchantments and mounts that I sold for 200k to 2 million AD per?
    or how about people that sold their paid for ZEN for AD? Just disregard them? Screw it lets set it to 2 million / 250k right? That is a great answer?

I have to assume you are a free player, sorry.

*Edit* oh and I didn't even read the best part, you want to make nightmares BOP? Why? So that people like me no longer spend money on ZEN to open lock boxes? Yea I'd love to spend another thousand dollars and have like 40 nightmares that I can't sell or trade.

I really think you should be hired by some up and coming game company, you sir are a genius.

Maybe you spent $1200 on keys ... maybe you bought keys with Zen traded for exploited AD ... maybe you bought Nightmares off the AH to launder exploited AD ... I don't know. A lot of people (probably not you), bought up items like Nightmares, cats, etc. to hide/launder their exploited AD.

Something needs to be done to get all the exploited AD out of the economy.

[EDIT- As am aside, I am not a free player. As you can see (to the left), I bought the founders pack. I also bought the Zen horse because everyone was riding around on the Nightmare and I saw no point. I have spent $300 so far on NW and planned on spending more. I started playing D&D in 1979, and want the game to succeed. But, I do not think that is possible unless something is done to get the exploited AD out of the economy.]
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    terrabytexterrabytex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looking for an awnser on thet aswell.
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    Perhaps my 100 billion counterfeit estimate was low. The only way to fix this is to have a wealth wipe.

You never stated it as an estimate. You stated it as fact.

Originally Posted by braddass
    Over the first few weeks, the economy was flooded with hundreds of billions of counterfeit AD.

Hundreds of billions of AD from nothing! That is why the economy is ruined for the forseeable future.

People have posted in other forums about amassing over a billion AD each since launch. The evidence is abundant.

But aside from the fact that everything you state is conjecture. Do you have anything to PROVE that the economy is in disrepair as you claim. You keep saying the economy is ruined. How exactly is it ruined? Aside from the made up numbers you keep advertising, what exactly are you looking at in game that gives you this speculation?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Over the first few weeks, the economy was flooded with hundreds of billions of counterfeit AD.

Hundreds of billions of AD from nothing! That is why the economy is ruined for the forseeable future.

People have posted in other forums about amassing over a billion AD each since launch. The evidence is abundant.

But aside from the fact that everything you state is conjecture. Do you have anything to PROVE that the economy is in disrepair as you claim. You keep saying the economy is ruined. How exactly is it ruined? Aside from the made up numbers you keep advertising, what exactly are you looking at in game that gives you this speculation?

I thought there were screenshots of people getting millions of AD from a single AH 'purchase' using this trick. Given that you could presumably do this on as many items as you wanted and it has been known form the beginning of Open Beta to some people, (apparently the same issue was in previous games) then hundreds of billions doesn't sound that wild a guess.........
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013

People said it on the internet. They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    One simply has to wonder how the world's economy is so messed up with all the financial wizards here on these forums.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I thought there were screenshots of people getting millions of AD from a single AH 'purchase' using this trick. Given that you could presumably do this on as many items as you wanted and it has been known form the beginning of Open Beta to some people, (apparently the same issue was in previous games) then hundreds of billions doesn't sound that wild a guess.........

I can show you a screenshot of me beating the vice president in a game of strip poker if you want.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    People said it on the internet. They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.

Of course this applies to your post as well.

And then it applies to my post which means.........
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013

Exactly. No one (probably not even the Devs) knows the precise amount of AD in the economy. Based on the time the exploit was active, the amount you could exploit in each transaction, and the anecdotal evidence of some players having over a billion hoarded, my estimate of 100 billion was conservative.
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Except that no one has actually ever provided a screenshot of this occurring before Saturday when the exploit became known to the entire community. No one has also shown anything from before Saturday of anyone talking about this bug. So I don't know where exactly people are getting the fact this bug was known since the beginning of open beta. The bug that existed in NW was not the exact same bug that existed in STO as I understand it.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    edited May 2013

There may have been screenshots. The ah was taken off line. Accounts were dealt with. What economic indicators are you looking at in game that proves there is AD inflation? The only thing I have seen is an approximate 10% decrease in value since the Auction House was taken off line.

This decrease can be accounted for due to less demand since there are far less ways to spend AD at the moment. What exactly are you looking at that convinces you there is way too much AD in the game?

Aside from braggards boasts on the forums, what can you show us that proves there is enormous AD inflation, as some are claiming?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    I can show you a screenshot of me beating the vice president in a game of strip poker if you want.

Not interested in your fantasies, but er thanks for the offer.....
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly. No one (probably not even the Devs) knows the precise amount of AD in the economy. Based on the time the exploit was active, the amount you could exploit in each transaction, and the anecdotal evidence of some players having over a billion hoarded, my estimate of 100 billion was conservative.

Then why do you keep posting your conjecture as fact? How do you know how long the exploit was exploited for?

For the record, anecdotal evidence is not evidence at all when it has zero weight. Which is the the case with your posts because they are not backed up by something verifiable or corroborated. For someone who claims to be a real life lawyer you seem to have a pretty poor grasp on what constitutes evidence.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

If this is true. The exploit kept AD from gaining even more value than it was up until the Auction House went off line. What PROOF due you have other than 12 year old braggards that you are stating as fact? What exactly are you seeing in game that leads you to believe there is more AD then should be in the game?

You claim to be someone of an economic background. Prove it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Auction House is up. As predicted the value of AD to Zen has increased trading below 400 per zen on Beholder shard. Where is this mass flood of AD you speak of? Why hasn't AD flooded the market as some of you claim?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Auction House is up. As predicted the value of AD to Zen has increased trading below 400 per zen on Beholder shard. Where is this mass flood of AD you speak of? Why hasn't AD flooded the market as some of you claim?

If I had hundreds of millions of AD hoarded, and had already traded for thousands of dollars of Zen, why would I keep selling it for Zen right now? Some people will be afraid to draw attention to themselves right now by making large transactions, some will hold the hoarded AD for later so they can use it to manipulate the AH, and others will sell it directly to the gold-selling companies for cash.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If I had hundreds of millions of AD hoarded, and had already traded for thousands of dollars of Zen, why would I keep selling it for Zen right now? Some people will be afraid to draw attention to themselves right now by making large transactions, some will hold the hoarded AD for later so they can use it to manipulate the AH, and others will sell it directly to the gold-selling companies for cash.

If all this took place where is your evidence. AD only began to lose value after the auction was closed. Once again where is your proof? If all these people had traded in for thousands of dollars of zen, why did AD only continue to gain value?

Ignore facts all you wish. You aren't going to convince people who truly understand economics that you are correct.
  • Options
    vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    One simply has to wonder how the world's economy is so messed up with all the financial wizards here on these forums.

+1 This post says it all. Congrats sir, you win the interwebz.

Just so clcmercy will call me smart also....you guys aren't taking into account the amount of people that are quitting this game because of what happened. Please tell me how you would spend any more money on this game knowing what has happened in the past and what could occur in the future.

I like the game, I just think it is ruined. Yes, I will continue to play the game casually, but I don't plan on spending any more money because I have no faith in this game's leadership.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    +1 This post says it all. Congrats sir, you win the interwebz.

Just so clcmercy will call me smart also....you guys aren't taking into account the amount of people that are quitting this game because of what happened. Please tell me how you would spend any more money on this game knowing what has happened in the past and what could occur in the future.

I like the game, I just think it is ruined. Yes, I will continue to play the game casually, but I don't plan on spending any more money because I have no faith in this game's leadership.

Last trade was at 377 per zen. If people have left it still hasn't affected the demand for AD. Since it was at 420 yesterday while Auction House was closed, it is evident that all the Doomsayers have been proven wrong.
  • Options
    kyxoankyxoan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you spent $1200 on keys ... maybe you bought keys with Zen traded for exploited AD ... maybe you bought Nightmares off the AH to launder exploited AD ... I don't know. A lot of people (probably not you), bought up items like Nightmares, cats, etc. to hide/launder their exploited AD.

Something needs to be done to get all the exploited AD out of the economy.

[EDIT- As am aside, I am not a free player. As you can see (to the left), I bought the founders pack. I also bought the Zen horse because everyone was riding around on the Nightmare and I saw no point. I have spent $300 so far on NW and planned on spending more. I started playing D&D in 1979, and want the game to succeed. But, I do not think that is possible unless something is done to get the exploited AD out of the economy.]

I guess my point is your numbers are terrible. If you want to wipe AD to reset the economy and wipe all non bound items and reset everyoens zen / starter AD, cool. I'll have over 100k zen to spend as I wish. Don't just blanket wipe the economy and set it to some arbitrary fair number. I was raking in 20 million AD a day to turn into zen and open more lockboxes, I've opened close to 8000+ lockboxes at the moment, resetting me to 2 million AD and not refunding my zen would be terribly unfair if you compare it to someone like you that has just bought a founders pack + a little zen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I guess my point is your numbers are terrible. If you want to wipe AD to reset the economy and wipe all non bound items and reset everyoens zen / starter AD, cool. I'll have over 100k zen to spend as I wish. Don't just blanket wipe the economy and set it to some arbitrary fair number. I was raking in 20 million AD a day to turn into zen and open more lockboxes, I've opened close to 8000+ lockboxes at the moment, resetting me to 2 million AD and not refunding my zen would be terribly unfair if you compare it to someone like you that has just bought a founders pack + a little zen.

Did you buy that Zen, or trade potentially tainted AD for it? If you bought it with cash, you deserve to have it restored. If you used AD, then you are not out anything.
  • Options
    vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Last trade was at 377 per zen. If people have left it still hasn't affected the demand for AD. Since it was at 420 yesterday while Auction House was closed, it is evident that all the Doomsayers have been proven wrong.

Yes, you are correct and the NW economy didn't skip a beat with the exploits and everything is as it should be. People, please continue to spend real money to buy Zen. In fact, I think the market will get stronger and AD will probably get to 1:1 with Zen.
  • Options
    kyxoankyxoan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Did you buy that Zen, or trade potentially tainted AD for it? If you bought it with cash, you deserve to have it restored. If you used AD, then you are not out anything.

I bought a founders pack $200 one and between $1000 and $1200 in zen I believe. I then used AD earned from that ZEN to buy more zen via the AD exchange. My point was if you are going to wipe everyones AD, you need to consider those of us that spent money.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I bought a founders pack $200 one and between $1000 and $1200 in zen I believe. I then used AD earned from that ZEN to buy more zen via the AD exchange. My point was if you are going to wipe everyones AD, you need to consider those of us that spent money.

He can't do anything. All he wants to do is dig in deep and keep his position despite all the evidence to the contrary. He has deluded himself into thinking there are mass quantities of AD floating around that no one is using them. And it is all based on posts created by 12 year olds claiming to have billions in AD.
  • Options
    evileyecurseevileyecurse Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    From Beholder server, our Zen:Ad exchange rate is now 1:375, which is back to pre exploit levels. I really think they flushed out the bad AD away from the game, at least for our shard.
  • Options
    mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    From Beholder server, our Zen:Ad exchange rate is now 1:375, which is back to pre exploit levels. I really think they flushed out the bad AD away from the game, at least for our shard.

I really think only a wipe can make it certain. Uncertainty is bad for them. If the circulated currency is tainted, only some special people will buy ZEN.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmogfails wrote: »
    I really think only a wipe can make it certain. Uncertainty is bad for them. If the circulated currency is tainted, only some special people will buy ZEN.

And if people didn't actively promote exploits, less people would try to tank the game. But hey, I think we can't always get what we want, amirite? :D
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Wow, just wow. So your argument really boils down to this? People could in the future ruin the economy, but aren't now, therefore the economy is ruined. Where is your proof, again, that people have these accounts with hundreds of millions of AD stashed which they could ruin the economy with but aren't. Oh thats right, you still haven't provided any proof of this fact. Good lawyering counselor.