test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auctions

awwyissmfbcawwyissmfbc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Apparently auctions can't be cancelled now once they've been bidded on.

WHAT
THE
HELL
PWE
Post edited by awwyissmfbc on

Comments

• syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013

WHAT
    THE
    HELL
    PWE

Bug was fixed. Now you can't cheat the AH that way, you'll need to find a new way to cheat it.
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shouldn't it be that way ?
  • awwyissmfbcawwyissmfbc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Bug was fixed. Now you can't cheat the AH that way, you'll need to find a new way to cheat it.

Cheat it? Yeah man, whatever you say.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cheat it? Yeah man, whatever you say.

If there were bids on it (and you reach the minimum) under most auction you are obligated to sell. So if you sell an epic item with min bid of 1 AD, that means you are WILLING to accept 1 AD. so if someone bid 2 AD and highest maybe 400AD, you are obligated to sell.

If you don't want to sell it for 1 AD, then set a minimum that you are willing to sell.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • nookzednookzed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

WHAT
    THE
    HELL
    PWE

Not only that, now it seems that some auction items have a negative auction time that goes as far as 17 days (that i have seen). And that is without even mentioning about 5-6 auctions that appeared in my mailbox of sold items for 1-2 astral diamonds. Can someone confirm if some individuals have been able to cheat the system and buy items that were listed for hundreds of ADs for a very low amount of ADs?

Seems to me like cryptic has some more work to do on the auction house.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nookzed wrote: »
    Not only that, now it seems that some auction items have a negative auction time that goes as far as 17 days (that i have seen). And that is without even mentioning about 5-6 auctions that appeared in my mailbox of sold items for 1-2 astral diamonds. Can someone confirm if some individuals have been able to cheat the system and buy items that were listed for hundreds of ADs for a very low amount of ADs?

Seems to me like cryptic has some more work to do on the auction house.

Did you set an minimum bid?
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have just gone on and bid 2 AD on about 100 items which all had a starting price of 1 AD...that will teach em :D
  • agent2090agent2090 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013

WHAT
    THE
    HELL
    PWE

Auctions that actually work like auctions? Yes, please.
  • nookzednookzed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasheria

I believe so, but now that i read your post above maybe it's just a result of the auction house going down........i remember setting some items at 1-2 minimum bid but not that many.
  • somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013

WHAT
    THE
    HELL
    PWE

Yes it's a cheat to use that ****ty exploit to pay no AD.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • awwyissmfbcawwyissmfbc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    If there were bids on it (and you reach the minimum) under most auction you are obligated to sell. So if you sell an epic item with min bid of 1 AD, that means you are WILLING to accept 1 AD. so if someone bid 2 AD and highest maybe 400AD, you are obligated to sell.

If you don't want to sell it for 1 AD, then set a minimum that you are willing to sell.

Under most auctions? You do realize this is a game right, not real life? That aside, what if you realize later that you want/need that certain item? Why can't you just cancel the auction, return that person's AD, and go on about your business? That's not cheating or exploiting. On top of that, the amount of AD that this game requires for the minimum bid is heinous at best.
    edited May 2013
    Yes it's a cheat to use that ****ty exploit to pay no AD.

Yeah man...
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why can't you just cancel the auction, return that person's AD, and go on about your business? That's not cheating or exploiting. On top of that, the amount of AD that this game requires for the minimum bid is heinous at best.

You can't do that in real life either. The moment a bid is made you are obligated to sell it (unless it doesn't reach it's minimum). Refusing to do so is a breach of contract.
  • blightedbishopblightedbishop Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    I have just gone on and bid 2 AD on about 100 items which all had a starting price of 1 AD...that will teach em :D

Yeah, I've been doing that before I list the same thing. Keeps them from canceling it and undercutting me.
  • somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    Yeah man...

I 100% promise that's an exploit and was never intended it's cheap of you to do it... next thing you'll say is it's not **** if she's unconcious...

I dream of a world where common sense > selfish delusion
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • olvanatorolvanator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Pure genius. You sir are my hero until my ADD kicks in and I see something else shiny :)
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Under most auctions? You do realize this is a game right, not real life? That aside, what if you realize later that you want/need that certain item? Why can't you just cancel the auction, return that person's AD, and go on about your business? That's not cheating or exploiting. On top of that, the amount of AD that this game requires for the minimum bid is heinous at best.

The minimum bid is set by the seller. Some minimum bids are as low as a few AD.

Every auction system in every game I've played that has a system like this locks the item in after a couple hours or if someone bids on it. In no way do these systems allow players to cancel auctions once a minimum bid has been placed. So it would be a good idea not to offer items for sale you might want later.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think this is a good change, and it's really the way you would expect it to work. eBay works exactly the same way, too.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I 100% promise that's an exploit and was never intended it's cheap of you to do it... next thing you'll say is it's not **** if she's unconcious...

I dream of a world where common sense > selfish delusion
    It's mind-boggling the mental gymnastics some people go through to justify their own horrible behavior and then point the blame elsewhere. I hope that as the game matures so does our community. I too have similar dreams as you.
    olvanator wrote: »
    Pure genius. You sir are my hero until my ADD kicks in and I see something else shiny :)

I thought that was rather clever of him as well. I was going to .... *ooh shiny*, now what were we talking about?:p
    edited May 2013

Yea.. when I say under most auction, I include all other game I played.

It is to prevent people pulling auction if there is a bid.
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    You can't do that in real life either. The moment a bid is made you are obligated to sell it (unless it doesn't reach it's minimum). Refusing to do so is a breach of contract.

Sorry, I forgot that neverwinter was real life.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol...some people got issues - thats pretty much the most normal thing with EVERY auction ive ever seen - even in RL
    edited May 2013
    Face it OP you tried to con the AH and the tide turned ;)
  • silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

WHAT
    THE
    HELL
    PWE

Yes, auctions work properly now. We know.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    Yea.. when I say under most auction, I include all other game I played.

It is to prevent people pulling auction if there is a bid.

Well, I'm down for being proven wrong. Atm it's just huge circlejerk, on my part too. Which games? I don't remember not being able to pull an auction for any reason. But hey, go ahead and prove me wrong.
    edited May 2013
    Yes, auctions work properly now. We know.

I like how much you add to this discussion. Can we be friends?
    edited May 2013
    Face it OP you tried to con the AH and the tide turned ;)

Sure man, whatever you say. The item in question is worth much anyways.
  • mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'm down for being proven wrong. Atm it's just huge circlejerk, on my part too. Which games? I don't remember not being able to pull an auction for any reason. But hey, go ahead and prove me wrong.

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Auction_House_(Rift)

Last paragraph:

When one of your auctions sells, you will receive a mail with the coin amount attached. As mentioned above, your deposit fee will be included in this attachment and a small transaction fee will be deducted. You can cancel one of your auctions if it is still unsold and has no bidders. To do so, click the cancel auction button on the bottom right of the window. Deposit fees are not refunded if an auction is canceled.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013

WHAT
    THE
    HELL
    PWE

Awesome! Thats actually really good news, tired of seeing people do 1000 Big - 150,000 Buyout and cancel at the last second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Sure man, whatever you say. The item in question is worth much anyways.

Then you should have put a higher starting price on it, you tried to get away with not paying the AH fees and...well you know the rest.
    If it has not gone why not get a pal to bid on it.