What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.33

Comments

• Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great job on the Gateway! I just made a bug report about it and patch notes reflect you already fixed it. yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rondaricrondaric Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a little job for the next patch regarding zone chat:

please redirect any message containing an item link to the trade channel. This would allow people to at least follow a conversation or answer newbie questions without getting completely drowned in seller spam.

Thank you.
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nojo2211 wrote: »
    So if the negative number verification is only on the data input side, what is to stop a hacker from force sending a negative bid entry and duping AD again? Web code is easy to manipulate. If you dont place the data check in your database on the server side you are begging for trouble.

Whoa... slow down there skippy.... you're talking over their heads!
  • Options
    pitgreasepitgrease Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the update. I appreciate the clear information on the shard status and the links all being at the top of the page.
  • Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Considering the patch history, this is a pretty big one for cryptic. People have been mass exploiting the AH and Temple of Spider for a long time. Granted, I would like to see some larger patches. Even if it just means fixing some of the smaller issues.

For now though.. Thank GOD! I can finally sell my warez and empty my bags :)
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    satukisatuki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /insert sarcasm

Nice to see the auction house back to bad the damage is already done.
    Nice to see players can't exploit 2 spots in dungeons. Too bad the rest of every dungeon , boss encounter needs looked at
    Nice to see gateway is working better too bad it's not a actual app
    /insert

Have a nice day
  • Options
    bushy808bushy808 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and so what was the twitter screenshot for? Because the patch notes don't relflect a single thing in that picture.....
  • Options
    barhelmbarhelm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the loot roles!
    heyrogers wrote: »
    This build is set to go live at 7am PDT on May 23, 2013.

Auction House
    • The Auction House is once again available, both in game and via the Gateway.
    • If a player outbids him or herself, or buys out an auction where he or she holds the highest bid, the auction no longer eats half of the transaction (either the returned Astral Diamonds from the "outbid" or the item from the won auction).
    • Auctions no longer go into "negative time" based on the number of bids they receive.
      • Some auctions with a negative value for Time Remaining may stick around until they naturally expire.

Gateway
    • Error messages when logging in now display in a more visible location.
    • Internet Explorer 8 once again properly handles Gateway.
    • Links now display correctly on iOS.
    • Number entry fields in the Auction House now properly take only positive integers.

Icespire Peak: The Frozen Heart
    • Players may no longer activate the campfire after Grast without defeating him first.

Rothe Valley: Temple of the Spider
    • Players may no longer sneak past the final boss' gate in Temple of the Spider via clever use of collision.
    • Players may no longer lure the boss of Temple of the Spider into instant-kill areas.
  • Options
    fskmaydiefskmaydie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The lastest patch notes are all incredibly boring and doesn't add anything interesting in the game. Queues are barely working, class balance is terrible, constant lags, nothing to do while waiting in queue, whisper system is bad, AH is very hard to use.

I know it's a beta but come on.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see AH is running again, that's good. They fixed the the gateway interface for an operating system and devices that nobody with a brain uses anyway. So where are the fixes that matter such as the GWF still doing lousy damage, or the cleric generating more threat than the GF? I'm really getting tired of having to swing the sword 50 times to kill a 3 bar monster.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    What about this stuff, these are things that are listed all over the internet as well.... any time frame on this stuff ?

Source: http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/2013/05/cryptic-and-perfect-world-fail-yet.html

Gosh thx for all the exploits!
  • Options
    morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like Stealth and Divinity are client-side - along with stamina - just a matter of time before exploiters take advantage of that...

sigh...
  • Options
    theboosingtheboosing Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GOOD! I have so much to sell.
  • Options
    cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm see see lol it looks like they are actually trying to fix some of the things people are referring to when they say... "Games Dead" all the naysayers have to do is just be a little patient lol.

"Players may no longer sneak past the final boss' gate in Temple of the Spider via clever use of collision.
    Players may no longer lure the boss of Temple of the Spider into instant-kill areas.

Players may no longer activate the campfire after Grast without defeating him first."
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seala.jpg
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    awesomejimboawesomejimbo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My pack is getting full of all sorts of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I need to flog on there. Hope it's up and running soon.
  • Options
    twilikztwilikz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix Astral Shield so it won't stack with other DC Astral Shield ..if this is done Gf will get more attention and pvp will be more fun against 2 clerics
    Don't let Deadly momentum stack with other tr's deadly momentum cos if this happens a pt with 3 rogues 2 clerics will murder any boss in like 5 minutes..i know this is not working but you guys said you will fix this and you shouldn't..
  • Options
    mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Great news. I hope you strive to fix the game's core issues as well, seeing as last patches have been about the Gateway and such...
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • Options
    mvobus1mvobus1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    twilikz wrote: »
    Fix Astral Shield so it won't stack with other DC Astral Shield ..if this is done Gf will get more attention and pvp will be more fun against 2 clerics
    Don't let Deadly momentum stack with other tr's deadly momentum cos if this happens a pt with 3 rogues 2 clerics will murder any boss in like 5 minutes..i know this is not working but you guys said you will fix this and you shouldn't..

Fix? what fix? its bugged? you mean NERF
  • Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers up ahead of schedule.

*checks sky*

sky is still blue and located above

Ok, universal laws still working. :)

Gj guys
  • Options
    mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    morfedd wrote: »
    Looks like Stealth and Divinity are client-side - along with stamina - just a matter of time before exploiters take advantage of that...

sigh...

they already did
  • Options
    pantero44pantero44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    matl088 wrote: »
    Let me guess, no one will be banned for exploiting those bosses and gaining more astral diamonds than the actual auction exploit.
    gg

You're KIDDING ME, right?......O.O You're gonna cry over "spilled milk"? The ONLY gain from exploiting the Boss was to cut the time SHORT, from some of these "over-drawn", long battles. There was nothing to be gained from them, OTHER THAN, making it an "insta-kill" which cut the fight short, or to set the party up in an advantageous position. And in FACT, in many cases, it resulted in a LOSS of loot, NOT a gain, simply b'cause you couldn't loot the body because of it being stuck in the environment, there was NO "unlimited cache" to be had. Many players that did, where noted to say, "they DIDN'T get any LOOT!", BECAUSE of it. In conclusion, it had NO bearing on the AH and the economy.

YOU, AND other people, that get "butt-hurt", over reading a story, should STOP whining, and saying, "...ban THOSE people!" about situations that have NOTHING to do, with another! "..."KNOWING, is half the battle!"....GI-Joe"...:)
    Intel Core i7-4790k@4.6GHz/ PNY GTX 770 XLR8 Enthusiast Edition 4GB OC / ASUS Maximus VII HERO / G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3-2133-CL11D-16GBXL / SAMSUNG 840 PRO Series 256GB SSD/OCZ Vector Series 120GBx2(Ext.240GB)/SEAGATE ST2000DM001 2TB HHD / Corsair H110 / FSU Aurum CM 750W(Gold) / PHANTEKS Enthoo Pro / HDMI 32" & 22"x1920x1080p / Windows 8.1 / 120mbps/10mbps
  • Options
    mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    pantero44 wrote: »
    You're KIDDING ME, right?......O.O You're gonna cry over "spilled milk"? The ONLY gain from exploiting the Boss was to cut the time SHORT, from some of these "over-drawn", long battles. There was nothing to be gained from them, OTHER THAN, making it an "insta-kill" which cut the fight short, or to set the party up in an advantageous position. And in FACT, in many cases, it resulted in a LOSS of loot, NOT a gain, simply b'cause you couldn't loot the body because of it being stuck in the environment, there was NO "unlimited cache" to be had. Many players that did, where noted to say, "they DIDN'T get any LOOT!", BECAUSE of it. In conclusion, it had NO bearing on the AH and the economy.

YOU, AND other people, that get "butt-hurt", over reading a story, should STOP whining, and saying, "...ban THOSE people!" about situations that have NOTHING to do, with another! "..."KNOWING, is half the battle!"....GI-Joe"...:)

#1 thats a lie, even spider die in middle u can still jump down and get the loot before u die
    #2 do it during delves time u get the chest which 100% get u a drop
    #3 by reading all your bs, ur pretty much saying ppl doing it for no reason and just for lulz, since there is "no-loot"
  • Options
    thehav0kthehav0k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *sighs*

Such disappointing patch notes...
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    What about this stuff, these are things that are listed all over the internet as well.... any time frame on this stuff ?

Source: http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/2013/05/cryptic-and-perfect-world-fail-yet.html

because blogspot is a reputable source, right? ****ing please.
  • Options
    kroshlordkroshlord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and yet , no Pvp Bug Fix

This really needs to be addressed, transitioning, Afk'ing and Group match making. And on another note "CONTENT" to many players already have nothing to really challenge them.
  • Options
    patsboempatsboem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kittledorf wrote: »
    Have at least one guy on balancing in each patch, so something happens about the core gameplay. Other then that nice with patches that fix things :O.

+1! i agree
  • Options
    maniac61maniac61 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Hmm not work patch...Error 35 mvt.dll file locked...no writing
  • Options
    sirqussirqus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28
    edited May 2013
    What about ppl not getting in to PvP (don't know if it does happen when signing for a dungeon)? Often it is the party leader not getting in (and almost every time you beg for lead they give it to you when it's only 5 sec left until the game starts, resulting in a 4v5). The only solution to get a full party atm is to kick the player that did not get in and let another player join the group.

Would it be possible to implement a votekick system to the party so that you can kick unwanted players from the group? This will also work if the player got in but are afking.

Anyhow I really like this game and are looking forward to any new content in the future, especially the ranger and warlock classes AND the 20v20 PvP area of Gauntlgrym!
  • Options
    mybodycountmybodycount Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a reasonable question, Icespire Peak, Prospector Ridge, Quest: The Mother Lode, when I pick up the quest, it keeps taking me back to where I found the Discarded Journal. Maybe I picked it up in the wrong order, or maybe it's a 'bug'. Either way the 'fireflies' keep sending me back to the axe on the stump.
This discussion has been closed.