test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you guys skip zones?

felixng2013felixng2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am already level 40 and I haven't started Ebon Downs. I heard that is was a boring and tedious zone. Should I just skip it or is there a reward that makes it worthwhile? Which zones do you guys dislike and why?
Post edited by felixng2013 on

Comments

• drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On my 2nd character i did lol just did 15mins+ foundry for best XP :)
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • dourhelmdourhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can check out the quest rewards here and decide if there is anything you want to skip.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    I'm still at Ebon Downs, not that different alot from all zones
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope

But I missed some scrying orbs that I will have to go back and find . I am guessing they involve jumping , which is not my strong suit .
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I skipped Ebon Downs for Vellosk right away.

Word of warning: You should do Ebon Downs. I had to go back and do it, and the mobs weren't giving any exp. Quests give Huuuuge chunks of exp, I was way behind when I got to pirate island
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I am already level 40 and I haven't started Ebon Downs. I heard that is was a boring and tedious zone. Should I just skip it or is there a reward that makes it worthwhile? Which zones do you guys dislike and why?

I did all the zones even tho they are trivialized for completion sake. Yeah it's too easy to level up.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ebon downs boring? I loved zapping 20 zombies at once...great fun :D
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i skipped huge part of main quests since they were to hard whit gwf so i lvled up in arena
  • crowflcrowfl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never will understand the rush to lvl any char, enjoy the game, enjoy the different zone's. BAN exploiter's, and wipe all beta char's at start. easy easy.
  • imaginaryhawkimaginaryhawk Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    On my first character I never skip anything in an MMO, so that I can really "experience" the game for what it is. So I've completed all the zones and all the quests in this. On my second character I've skipped most of everything and just lvled through pvp.
  • felixng2013felixng2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a Cleric so that zone is a bit tedious and annoying. I am not rushing anything I already outleveled the zone naturally. Its not hard to level in this game. That list of quests is very incomplete. Doesn't evne list quests for ebon downs.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    i skipped huge part of main quests since they were to hard whit gwf so i lvled up in arena

Just keep buying the blue weapon from the gold vendor in town . the first is level 10 for 3.5 silver . next is level 20 , then every 10 or 20 levels . You have to buy it before you hit the level . once you hit level 10 he wont sell a level 10 item . Keep a blue weapon and you will do plenty of damage . I leveled my GWF all the way up following the quest .
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I skipped one area. But only because I kind of had to. I did a different one first and went back to icespire later. Got the quest from Knox to go there. A single NPC had one quest. When I finished it none of them had any more. I rode through the whole area and couldn't find any quests at all. Thinking I out leveled it, or it bugged.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not skipping any zones on my main/first character. Of course, the xp from invoking & leadership means that I'm skipping everything else on them (no dailies, no pvp, haven't done a dungeon since one attempt at Mad Dragon, no foundry, no skirmishes).
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm skipping the dungeons. By the time I get done with an area and Foundry Dailies, the only one I do, it's almost pointless, except for gear, I guess. But frankly, meh. I'll wait to gear up until I'm doing my end game gear.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • felixng2013felixng2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does Ebon Downs give you anything worthwhile?
  • azithothazithoth Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    I'm still at Ebon Downs, not that different alot from all zones

yeah except background scenery; go in and do some slayers, then find some random items, then do a dungeon with a boss....

rinse

repeat
  • suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Meh it was and it wasn't idk I only skipped one zone think it was the wolf place lol
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My first character I skipped zones fro doing all of the dailys every day while leveling.
    My second character is PvPing to cap.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't done any rushing, but with tasting PvP, Foundry, Professions, helping friends, dungeons, skirmishes.... well it's WAY to easy to outlevel content. My main character has missed a bunch of skirmishes and outleveled two zones. He's only 45. I avoided doing any of the easy XP foundry quests.

Leveling is just too dang fast. And I feel dirty saying that, but it's true. This is when I really appreciate GW2 and how it downlevels you so that you can go back and enjoy lower level content without trivializing it. I really wish Neverwinter had such an option (option, not mandatory).
  • futurefoilfuturefoil Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the first mmo I played more than 15 minutes of. Level 40 currently. So it takes some story hooks to keep me interested (and the possibility of avoiding grind).
    Ebon Downs was one of the more interesting. It has a lot of lore associated with it. If you like lore, spirits/ghost stories, etc., it shouldn't be passed.
    As for skipping, would someone clearly explain how leveling works in relation to available quests (and final event). I was in a Queue for the Ebons Downs event, almost at level 40. While waiting for party members to join, I killed a bone gollem at the gate and leveled to 40. Looked at my Queue and noticed the quest was dropped and no longer available.
    Also, is there a way to determine the number of players in a Queue before it fills up? Just to get an idea how long it will be and if anyone is joining.
    Cheers
  • wctp0wackowctp0wacko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what are you here for? once you answer that question, the answer will come to you.
  • drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    futurefoil wrote: »
    This is the first mmo I played more than 15 minutes of. Level 40 currently. So it takes some story hooks to keep me interested (and the possibility of avoiding grind).
    Ebon Downs was one of the more interesting. It has a lot of lore associated with it. If you like lore, spirits/ghost stories, etc., it shouldn't be passed.
    As for skipping, would someone clearly explain how leveling works in relation to available quests (and final event). I was in a Queue for the Ebons Downs event, almost at level 40. While waiting for party members to join, I killed a bone gollem at the gate and leveled to 40. Looked at my Queue and noticed the quest was dropped and no longer available.
    Also, is there a way to determine the number of players in a Queue before it fills up? Just to get an idea how long it will be and if anyone is joining.
    Cheers

Instances/Dungeons have min/max levels associated with the queue system. Once outside of that range you can no longer queue for them, but you can still enter them from the game world.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Instances/Dungeons have min/max levels associated with the queue system. Once outside of that range you can no longer queue for them, but you can still enter them from the game world.

Except for Skirmishes. Currently once you level above the maximum level for that skirmish you can no longer access it. Maybe they'll add a way to enter those some day. I hear Epic dungeons also require you to use the queue, so that would be another one that could use a physical means of entering.
  • voqarvoqar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You almost have to skip if you do instances, foundry, or invoke a lot (like I haven't had time to play but I invoke/craft still and have gained a few levels just from invoking, which is kind of silly) unless you wanna do gray/trivial content.
    crowfl wrote: »
    Never will understand the rush to lvl any char, enjoy the game, enjoy the different zone's. BAN exploiter's, and wipe all beta char's at start. easy easy.

Would be nice but this game is about cash, not quality of play. Exploiters hit 60 almost instantly and either way there are/were so many 60's within days already trivializing the toughest content available that people will be bored before the "open beta" (joke of a) tag is lifted.