test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.33

heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
This build is set to go live at 7am PDT on May 23, 2013.

Auction House
  • The Auction House is once again available, both in game and via the Gateway.
  • If a player outbids him or herself, or buys out an auction where he or she holds the highest bid, the auction no longer eats half of the transaction (either the returned Astral Diamonds from the "outbid" or the item from the won auction).
  • Auctions no longer go into "negative time" based on the number of bids they receive.
    • Some auctions with a negative value for Time Remaining may stick around until they naturally expire.

Gateway
  • Error messages when logging in now display in a more visible location.
  • Internet Explorer 8 once again properly handles Gateway.
  • Links now display correctly on iOS.
  • Number entry fields in the Auction House now properly take only positive integers.

Icespire Peak: The Frozen Heart
  • Players may no longer activate the campfire after Grast without defeating him first.

Rothe Valley: Temple of the Spider
  • Players may no longer sneak past the final boss' gate in Temple of the Spider via clever use of collision.
  • Players may no longer lure the boss of Temple of the Spider into instant-kill areas.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    soththewolfsoththewolf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The AH is back to sell my .... stuff..

Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yay! Thanks.
  • Options
    xxdarklord65xxxxdarklord65xx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and yet , no Pvp Bug Fix
  • Options
    talealocktalealock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    screenshot troll
  • Options
    baaroguebaarogue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to see the Gateway improvements, especially on iOS. Can we cancel jobs in the Gateway UI now?
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Have at least one guy on balancing in each patch, so something happens about the core gameplay. Other then that nice with patches that fix things :O.
  • Options
    shuugishuugi Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    looks like ice spire t2 drops just became a lot more valuable
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do they call it xbox one? Because it is one big ripoff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome news.

In other things: Your screenshot makes me a sad panda. So so sad.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are you taking meassures versus the people who exploited Spider Temple?

PLEASE RESPOND
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    and yet , no Pvp Bug Fix
    Who cares. They fixed some lag, and the ah. And I'm sure they will fix that later, this is priority.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and how are these little changes 325 mb?
  • Options
    zeratuxzeratux Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Links now display correctly on iOS.

Great, now I can use the AH on my iPad properly ;) Thx guys!
  • Options
    matl088matl088 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me guess, no one will be banned for exploiting those bosses and gaining more astral diamonds than the actual auction exploit.
    gg
  • Options
    krothuakrothua Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And Invoke still nothing :(
  • Options
    shuugishuugi Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    and how are these little changes 325 mb?

you should have noted by now that you only download a fraction of that and the display shows a combined amount of the files getting changed.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great patch notes, keep it coming!

There are a few "smart use of map design" left. Check pirate king and skipping the last 1/4th of the dungeon with some jumps.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So does this mean my ticket for my bid that the AH ate will be addressed? :-D
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, I'll bet there are some bleary eyed programmers over there.
  • Options
    captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha finally some boss fixes. hopefully all the people who shouldn't be playing will be trapped in tier 1 not getting free loot for bugging spider. What i would like to know though in frozen heart have you fixed the constant spawning of adds or are you just trolling us with this bug fix? can't skip him so we will have to fight a constant spawn of trolls through the dungeon on every boss?
  • Options
    garamel1garamel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good job :D
  • Options
    bruster19912bruster19912 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you guys solve the AH filter problem? It wasn't filtering very well before it was disabled, I had to look items 1 by 1 to look the stats I wanted.
  • Options
    professorpaulprofessorpaul Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Great patch notes, keep it coming!

There are a few "smart use of map design" left. Check pirate king and skipping the last 1/4th of the dungeon with some jumps.

There are MANY flawed map design elements, at least one in every map I've been in so far. Mostly harmless, though apparent nonetheless. Some can be exploited, some can be bugged by bosses in which it becomes impossible to do anything about until you get lucky chasing them out, or resetting the instance. On a smaller note about flawed map design, I've noticed a lot, LOT, of wasted poly's (it matters for fluidity's sake - much less, what I'd expect designers with experience) as well as misplaced or illogical invisible walls. I have some fun messing about finding them all when I'm bored, so I guess that's a thing.
  • Options
    vectorspavectorspa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any news regarding the missing musics and sounds in the foundry quests?
    no fix yet?
  • Options
    offkhochioffkhochi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The AH is back to sell my .... stuff..

Keep up the good work!

+1... agree
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YAY, awesome job guys :D Woot AH here I come!
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    are you taking meassures versus the people who exploited Spider Temple?

PLEASE RESPOND

I am sure they are... why would you even ask this question.
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about this stuff, these are things that are listed all over the internet as well.... any time frame on this stuff ?
    1 - AH exploit - Fixed (supposedly)

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in. It also still works for some quests as confirmed by Tault Unleashed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy.

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well. It is completely undetectable due to Neverwinter's faulty code. The same bot has been use in Cryptic's other games for years.

8 - TR DC bug - This was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting. Once again undetecable by Crytpic's games.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through it! It gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.

13 - Dungeon exploits - There are plenty of ways to exploit dungeons to severely shorten the time required to beat them. Reaching the end boss can be cut down from 45+ minutes, to less than 5. (you fixed one)

14 - Boss exploits - Easily kill dungeon bosses over and over for loot and seals, then reset them and do it again, as well as knock off kills.

15 - There is another armor set bug which gives everyone in the party stats that are above and beyond what you can get without cheating.

16 - Diamond chest exploit - Sometimes the chest received from statue turn ins did not disappear after use, meaning it could be used 20+ more times before it went away. This bug is STILL in the game.

Source: http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/2013/05/cryptic-and-perfect-world-fail-yet.html
  • Options
    nojo2211nojo2211 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    So if the negative number verification is only on the data input side, what is to stop a hacker from force sending a negative bid entry and duping AD again? Web code is easy to manipulate. If you dont place the data check in your database on the server side you are begging for trouble.
  • Options
    twilikztwilikz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the same clever use of collision thingy at Castle Never last boss
This discussion has been closed.