test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: How long are you willing to give the devs to fix the major issues?

runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just out of interest.

Like the title says; How long are you willing to wait for the game to have its major issues fixed, before leaving it permanently/temporarily? Major issues such as queue systems bugging, auction house bugging, class balance issues ( I don't expect it to be perfect ever, but Fighters need help ) respeccing cost and the like.

Personally I've said from week 1 that I'm gonna wait halfway into June, giving the developers around 1 and a half months to fix the game into a properly playable state ( which I don't think it is in now, despite liking the game a lot. ) I sincerely believe that it's perfectly realistic to fix the queue system for example, in said timeframe.

Please answer truthfully as possible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by runicfi on

Comments

• Options
    rezargamerrezargamer Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    pepepoe wrote: »
    Until June 12th when Rift goes F2P.
    Actually you can do it already now.

Install Rift (you can play as trial until level 20)

Install a program called Raptr, it tracks you playtime and offers rewards (it is officially endorsed by Rift so don't worry about it being something suspicious)

When you have played <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> number of hours you get the game+expansion and 30 days for free (I think it's 14 hours)

Enjoy :)
  • Options
    asaviosasavios Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one week. not more than two.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as I can tell they're working and making decent progress, I'll stick around, I'll keep enjoying the game and throwing money at them. Someone has to pay for the game so all the freeloading whinebags have something to keep whining about, right? I don't have my own personal measuring stick for decent progress. I'm not that much of a tightwad, no offense (this is also why your poll is biased and full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it excludes voters like me). It'll just be a gut feeling in the end.

If you recognize my name or avatar, you probably know what a fan boy I am for this game and its team. But I do have my limits. I still subscribe to Champions Online, but I haven't wanted to log into it for two weeks now. I'm subscribing to support the customizable super hero MMO genre, and CO is its biggest hope right now (sad but true). I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to justify that subscription, if I'm not logging in to play.

A big part of what makes Neverwinter attractive is that I can see how furiously the devs are working to make this their best game ever. It feels good to be part of an active community with an active dev team, something I miss as a City of Heroes refugee--and something I can't get in CO. I'll believe all the "Neverwinter is dead!" tripe when you can make a thread and not see it scrolled off the front page of General Discussion in five or ten minutes. Dead communities don't have so many people to call it such, and most dying MMO communities should be so lucky.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    since I dont know what the meaning of "The Major Issues" cause I dont want to spend my time "bugging" the game, so I 'll wait and play with my friends thats it
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    I'm not that much of a tightwad, no offense (this is also why your poll is biased and full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it excludes voters like me).

I'll just disagree, and can never make a poll to include everyones answer anyway. I believe I ( and others ) can get a general idea of how long people are willing to wait in general from this poll just fine.

I also like this game a lot, but I also have my limits. Currently for example the queue system causes a lot of wasted time and effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly? Probably until I get distracted by another game. But then again, I can get distracted back to this game again anyway. I'm sort of a wanderer between MMOs.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually voted the second option (as a reasonable time frame that I can see to cover most major bugs), but I'm willing to wait longer.

I'm positively sure that the Devs are working on fixes and content upgrade, not being just talk. The first class balance twink should be less than a month short. These things require a lot of testing and not often the community's feedback is acurate - anyone that has played a heavy PvP/competitive based game like League of Legends knows this. What for some is percieved as OP/UP depends most of the time on anectodic reference and player's opinions, which is most of the time is biased.

I don't deny that there are some broken things and everything is ok (Not at all! Not long ago I opened a thread to ask for some buffs to the GF, even though it isn't a class I play).

What I think that it's flawed reasoning is to come here, expect a full released product and not a "major trial" with basic content and complain. Like the GW2 or WoW comparisons that I often read. Is it fair to compare those games to this one when we're talking about platforms already fully released, that had Closed and Open Beta and from what I've heard, weren't bug and exploit-free and also had their times of "content lacking"?

I can't wait for the Warlock release, it's one of the classes that I have most interest in playing (probably with a Drow) and I bought two slots to level up a Cleric and make space for that class. :P
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    since I dont know what the meaning of "The Major Issues" cause I dont want to spend my time "bugging" the game, so I 'll wait and play with my friends thats it

Major issues would be a basic content upgrade, exploit and queue fixing, I believe.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    As long as my friends are playing.

I played Ragnarok Online for years not because of the game, but because I have fun with my friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Major issues would be a basic content upgrade, exploit and queue fixing, I believe.
    for that I can wait while playing
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, let's see how long it takes them to fix the infinite stamina exploit. It's already been what three days since it went largely public? Sad client side. I'll also be one of those who keeps playing until their friends stop. My poor guild is now down to ... 4-5 regulars when we had around 12. =(
  • Options
    davikiwolniewskidavikiwolniewski Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Greetings Friends and Readers,

I am enjoying this gaming over all, though I admit some issues are upsetting in general its great game. So in that I am willing to wait up to a year, if the problems get worse then that time frame would lower. However, I am not willing to given into the current issues as this game has a lot of potential and I look forward to its future content.

Loukas Solveinean
    Server: Dragon
    Commanding General of the 312th Black Trident Regiment
  • Options
    darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    asavios wrote: »
    one week. not more than two.

SO in kids language these days 1-2 week means 1-2 months ok we got it ty.
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you think the devs are just sat on their hands doing nothing?
    This game is their baby, I bet most of them are skipping days off and working their asses off trying to sort out the problems...cut the guys some slack eh?.
    Good god you guys voting for less then a month just scream of spoilt selfish brats who want everything NOW NOW NOW!!!! ME ME ME.
    Get a grip.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I think this is a perfect little game for some casual gaming. The grouping through queueing can be ... interesting, but it's nice to be able to just log on for a few hours of playtime with little to no hassle.

It's supposed to be a game, not a job.

*edit*

I play the game as is, it's free so there's no cost in waiting for content. I hope the game grows a lot larger eventually with large scale battles and Group vs Group. But if not...it won't affect my bankaccount.

just 2cents
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also ask yourself this is the game playable? have you had fun so far? my answer would be yes.
    If you are so peed off leave and come back later, don't try to kill the game because of your self entitled attitude.
    Just playing the game you can tell how much love they have put into it, yes their are problems but the sky is not falling they are sorting things out just do the decent thing and give them a chance not just two bloody weeks.
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as they need. WoW had bugs from beta in it for years before they got to them.
  • Options
    ariakan1976ariakan1976 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are complaining for a free game,that even is in beta,you can still play it and enjoy it daily?And not only that,you give also Ultimatums?

How crazy and stupid is that?

First we must wait till the official release of the game(cause after that,no company can have any excuses)and then we can give them around 3 months to make their came perfect.Like in every serious MMO.

I really dont understund,why the hell you even started a pole like that?

Some people dont apreciate what they have.

I play 12 years MMO games,and i bought every single one blockbaster MMO(DaoC,Ultima,Everquest,WoW,Conan,Rift,Aion,Lotro,Star Wars,Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2,LineAge 1 and 2,Tera,Warhammer Online,Secret World etc etc).

I am a D&D fan,and i was epxecting Neverwinter to be more like an Online RPG,but i am amazed with the job they did so far.
    Yes there are some flaws and some issues,but thats how things are with every MMO.Even WoW in its first year,was almost unplayable and got hacked thousand times and had millions of exploits and bugs and hackers and cheaters and bots.
    As long the other games,most of them remained to beta stage for years and thats why they became Free to play.

So far,the beta is one of the best i ever seen,and the game is more than decent.For me is one of the top 5 that you can play at the moment(MMO games).

So open your eyes and minds,and be reasonable and dont listen the 13 years old trolls that have no serious experience in gaming or they never played for long time serious games to demoralise you.

This game has potentionals but dont forget is not a usual MMO.Is a bit differend and you must to apreciate it,if you dont want to play games,that are almost the same.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    Well, let's see how long it takes them to fix the infinite stamina exploit. It's already been what three days since it went largely public? Sad client side. I'll also be one of those who keeps playing until their friends stop. My poor guild is now down to ... 4-5 regulars when we had around 12. =(

Yep, amazing isn't it? First rule of client/server club- never trust the client. Admittedly, the stamina vulnerability is less surprising coming from Cryptic, whose procedures seem a bit sloppy (the negative bid bug re-surfacing in another game.. really?) than it was in Diablo 3's client side validation of bids.. However, seriously, needs fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't really see point in debating if/when/how people should wait, complain about or anything else really in this thread. Everyone has some idea on what kind of chance they give the game, and this thread is just to ask you share that aswell as you can from the polls options.

Saying "you should be grateful" or the contrary probably won't change a persons idea of how long they will wait, or what kind of chance they give the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Yep, amazing isn't it? First rule of client/server club- never trust the client. Admittedly, the stamina vulnerability is less surprising coming from Cryptic, whose procedures seem a bit sloppy (the negative bid bug re-surfacing in another game.. really?) than it was in Diablo 3's client side validation of bids.. However, seriously, needs fixed.

Stealth. Guard. Stamina are all on client side. I am sure as we, people who are academically interested, monitor the exploits more will show up. Still it's pretty funny to see how fast these 'exploiters' are working .
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it is a major issue, then 3-6 months should be enough time to find, repair, test, and test again.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my perspective 3-6 months seems reasonable, expecting all of the major issues you listed to be fixed in under a month shows an epic level of either ignorance, na
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should add an "until release" option. I'm hoping that they'll solve most major problems and finish up the unfinished content by full official release. At the speed the testing's been going, that'll likely be within 3-6 months.

But frankly, I'll keep playing this as long as it's less buggy than DDO, and NWO, thankfully, has yet to fall so low.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll play until I hit 60. I don't have a guild. I don't like pugs and i have a t2 set for 3 characters sat in the bank ( bought cheaply from the ah, not exploited. )

So basically I'll see all the content and move on. There is noting to do after that.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    You should add an "until release" option. I'm hoping that they'll solve most major problems and finish up the unfinished content by full official release. At the speed the testing's been going, that'll likely be within 3-6 months.

But frankly, I'll keep playing this as long as it's less buggy than DDO, and NWO, thankfully, has yet to fall so low.

This, I expect things to be sorted out by the full-official-not-open-or-closed-beta-or-soft-launch-or-whatever full official release. I shall wait till then.
    I'll also make sure to become a neverwinter founder's pack before it's too late. Cause you know, if it's too late then it's all over.
    This is an open beta (most of the time) and an ongoing success.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    Just out of interest.

Like the title says; How long are you willing to wait for the game to have its major issues fixed, before leaving it permanently/temporarily? Major issues such as queue systems bugging, auction house bugging, class balance issues ( I don't expect it to be perfect ever, but Fighters need help ) respeccing cost and the like.

Personally I've said from week 1 that I'm gonna wait halfway into June, giving the developers around 1 and a half months to fix the game into a properly playable state ( which I don't think it is in now, despite liking the game a lot. ) I sincerely believe that it's perfectly realistic to fix the queue system for example, in said timeframe.

Please answer truthfully as possible.

Neverwinter is in Open Beta testing with bugs, game imbalances, etc to be expected. As a tester testing a beta product you should align your expectations with that concept. If you want a full featured game you would be better off waiting for Neverwinter to be released before playing.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Neverwinter is in Open Beta testing with bugs, game imbalances, etc to be expected. As a tester testing a beta product you should align your expectations with that concept. If you want a full featured game you would be better off waiting for Neverwinter to be released before playing.

He should also become a founder's pack and buy zen, cause that is the core of a Beta Tester after all.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    Since it's F2P, there's no barrier to reentry. So why would anybody feel the need to give them a time limit? If you're not enjoying the game, don't play. When they fix what bothers you, come back.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Since it's F2P, there's no barrier to reentry. So why would anybody feel the need to give them a time limit? If you're not enjoying the game, don't play. When they fix what bothers you, come back.
    This. Stop crying people.