test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Producer's Interview: Now I understand completely.

Comments

• panzer88panzer88 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the biggest problem with most MMO devs is that they don't play their own game, or they would know first hand what the main problems and issues that needed to be addressed are. They wouldn't be clueless about what the community is begging for.

It's like creating something blindfolded, at some point its helpful to check out what you just made so that you can improve on it or fix what didn't turn out right.

Don't give me the " they work all day on it, you can't expect them to spend their free time playing it as well" argument. Especially in a game that takes no time to level in and has quick skirmishes, dungeons etc. Taking 30 min to test out what you messed with in the in game environment would not destroy your work day. It would help them balance and find glaring bugs instead of waiting on ghost bug reports from PWE customer disservice.
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dating him? Just asking. Anyways, I made my money, and relaxing in Hawaii. Work, maybe 2 days a month. I'm sure the end result for these guys is in the future too.

I call BS brah. There is no way you could live in Hawaii and only work a couple days a month. Unless your homeless. Note: The end result of everyone is in the future which is death brah.
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panzer88 wrote: »
    I think the biggest problem with MMO devs is that they don't play their own game, or they would know first hand what the main problems and issues that needed to be addressed are. They wouldn't be clueless about what the community is begging for.

It's like creating something blindfolded, at some point its helpful to check out what you just made so that you can improve on it or fix what didn't turn out right.

Don't give me the " they work all day on it, you can't expect them to spend their free time playing it as well" argument. Especially in a game that takes no time to level in and has quick skirmishes, dungeons etc. Taking 30 min to test out what you messed with in the in game environment would not destroy your work day. It would help them balance and find glaring bugs instead of waiting on ghost bug reports from PWE customer disservice.

The environment has definitely changed, and the "crop" of offerings has certainly reflected this. They do the best with what they are given, and have experience for. It can be likened to the tool quality we have in the US; You used to be able to buy good stuff, but it was made by, and in places that held higher standards. We all know where and who the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> comes from now- profit margin is the driving force, not the quality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
    edited May 2013
    vatasha wrote: »
    I call BS brah. There is no way you could live in Hawaii and only work a couple days a month. Unless your homeless. Note: The end result of everyone is in the future which is death brah.

It's called investments that pay dividends. Being so old maybe I'm a drug trafficker and slaver on the weekends too. Don't call me "brah"; I'm haolie and speak english. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mercurial257mercurial257 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /Sigh. I'm getting really sick of the laziness in Devs. Its not only in Neverwinter, but in nearly every mmo now. The main fact that the devs seem to never listen to players feedback, or listen to legitimate changes players make. It's like they play their own version of the same and only make changes that they seem fit. The worst part of it, is that when devs include changes that players suggest, its usually an astronomically long time b4 they implement them.

One of the main factors is that a developer should be able to distinguish the feedback from a player that knows wtf is going on, and a baddie. However, that never seems to be the case anymore. So many bads complain because in reality they don't know how to play their class or wth to do in any scenario or wtf their role is. Because of that they qq and qq more and magically devs think "well...maybe their right". In theory, bad players actually ruin the game for others because they like to pull numbers or statistics out of Zeus's ***. Thats y so many buffs/nerfs go to classes that don't even need them.

I just cant stand it. On top of that, its even worse when a game has so much potential, yet devs don't capitalize on it to make it even better. Aion was an incredible game. The 1 factor that lost so many ppl/subs was the lvling curve. It was way too steep. Even though "some koreans" that the lvling was fine, the western audience doesn't like grinding 1 trillion hours to lvl up. Plain and simple. If they were to alter the lvling curve, its would still probably be p2p instaed of f2p. I know there are others factors, but that was number 1.

WoW is losing subs cause it seems like the devs are literally pushing random buttons and altering numbers that don't even make sense. The latest patch it being hailed as the worst ever because its literally screwed pvpers. We all know that pvpers in games that have pvp make up a large population. You screw that pop, you lose a h*t ton of an audiance.

Look i love neverwinter. Ive played neverwinter b4 i played d2. I have 5 lvl 60's in this game (not bragging just sayin). I like this game because of the feel i have over my characters and the ability animations. I think its awesome. Furthermore, i believe this game has a LOT of potential. However, the fact that these updates or "patches" only fix lets say...non interesting changes, bores me and probably a lot of other playes. Talents are broken, some dont even work, some are just useless *** points, etc, etc, you get the picture. I know this because of player feedback and ALL the stuff being posted in the class dev section.

Not 1 note or change has been address about this. "Its still beta!!" For those of you who say that, if i could summon God to smite you down i would cause you need to STFU and GTFO. You obviously don't have mmo experience or are just plain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. For this game to be successful, devs need to listen and start acting upon feedback. At least something in a patch that address something everyone wants to hear about. If you cant tell between a bad player complaining and a good one you should be fired.

Thats like listening to a person in WoW who players arena at a 1300 lvl complaining about sh*t instead of listening to a gladiator or a 2500+ person. Those of you who play/played WoW know what i mean.

I hate to see this game go down. I really enjoy it. I know that there have been problems and bugs and exploits. I know they are working on it and stuff. But please, lets shift this sh*t in 2nd gear and make this game F*cking awesome.

/end rant.
  • jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Aside from the countless ways in which you can such as being on the board of directors for some company or having passive income.
  • eternal256eternal256 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /Sigh. I'm getting really sick of the laziness in Devs. Its not only in Neverwinter, but in nearly every mmo now. The main fact that the devs seem to never listen to players feedback, or listen to legitimate changes players make. It's like they play their own version of the same and only make changes that they seem fit. The worst part of it, is that when devs include changes that players suggest, its usually an astronomically long time b4 they implement them.

One of the main factors is that a developer should be able to distinguish the feedback from a player that knows wtf is going on, and a baddie. However, that never seems to be the case anymore. So many bads complain because in reality they don't know how to play their class or wth to do in any scenario or wtf their role is. Because of that they qq and qq more and magically devs think "well...maybe their right". In theory, bad players actually ruin the game for others because they like to pull numbers or statistics out of Zeus's ***. Thats y so many buffs/nerfs go to classes that don't even need them.

I just cant stand it. On top of that, its even worse when a game has so much potential, yet devs don't capitalize on it to make it even better. Aion was an incredible game. The 1 factor that lost so many ppl/subs was the lvling curve. It was way too steep. Even though "some koreans" that the lvling was fine, the western audience doesn't like grinding 1 trillion hours to lvl up. Plain and simple. If they were to alter the lvling curve, its would still probably be p2p instaed of f2p. I know there are others factors, but that was number 1.

WoW is losing subs cause it seems like the devs are literally pushing random buttons and altering numbers that don't even make sense. The latest patch it being hailed as the worst ever because its literally screwed pvpers. We all know that pvpers in games that have pvp make up a large population. You screw that pop, you lose a h*t ton of an audiance.

Look i love neverwinter. Ive played neverwinter b4 i played d2. I have 5 lvl 60's in this game (not bragging just sayin). I like this game because of the feel i have over my characters and the ability animations. I think its awesome. Furthermore, i believe this game has a LOT of potential. However, the fact that these updates or "patches" only fix lets say...non interesting changes, bores me and probably a lot of other playes. Talents are broken, some dont even work, some are just useless *** points, etc, etc, you get the picture. I know this because of player feedback and ALL the stuff being posted in the class dev section.

Not 1 note or change has been address about this. "Its still beta!!" For those of you who say that, if i could summon God to smite you down i would cause you need to STFU and GTFO. You obviously don't have mmo experience or are just plain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. For this game to be successful, devs need to listen and start acting upon feedback. At least something in a patch that address something everyone wants to hear about. If you cant tell between a bad player complaining and a good one you should be fired.

Thats like listening to a person in WoW who players arena at a 1300 lvl complaining about sh*t instead of listening to a gladiator or a 2500+ person. Those of you who play/played WoW know what i mean.

I hate to see this game go down. I really enjoy it. I know that there have been problems and bugs and exploits. I know they are working on it and stuff. But please, lets shift this sh*t in 2nd gear and make this game F*cking awesome.

/end rant.

The level of win in this is "astronomical". Literally. Best word ever.
    edited May 2013
    /end rant.

You can't roll out a Dodge Ram in a Honda factory. People mistake severe femaledogslapping for lack of loyalty, and some will "follow fruit off a cliff" if it rolls that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    Anyone figure out when they plan to wipe in hopes of earning long term legitimacy over short term money grubbing?
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's called investments that pay dividends. Being so old maybe I'm a drug trafficker and slaver on the weekends too. Don't call me "brah"; I'm haolie and speak english. :cool:

By your behavior I bet you are just a kid brah. You really have no clue what you are talking about.
    edited May 2013
    By your behavior I bet you are just a kid brah. You really have no clue what you are talking about.

stop trying to sound like a "Hipster" please... you're on D&D forums...
  • keeganfoxkeeganfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still laughing about "Facial cues" over a video that is absolutely nothing but audio.

Yeah, he sounds so scared. As he casually chats about the game and laughs with the interviewer. Absolutely terrified.

OP must not get enough hugs at home; really craving attention. Overcompensating much?

Someone lock this thread; waste of time.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anyone figure out when they plan to wipe in hopes of earning long term legitimacy over short term money grubbing?

*points to sig*

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    *points to sig*

That's actually unintelligent, illogical and irrational. It's completely based on individual laziness and selfishness where you value yourself over that of the legitimacy of the product. Stop being absurd.
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That, and if you know anything about speech analysis, facial cues and eye movements, he's scared.

You for real there Sigmund? Ok, so some pencil pusher geek is nervous giving a public interview and we should read a lot into that. What should we read into your Mr.T signature and the old "if you know anything about (insert technical field of choice here)" trope that twelve year olds love to use shielded by the anonymity of the internet?
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wasn't impressed at all by the interview. He said a lot of nothing and just tried to spin everything to be a utopia. I love the game but that guy seems slimy to me.
  • torrenz1torrenz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He reminds me too much of some kind of IGN EXCLUSIVE NEWS guy talking about a game he got to spend 15 minutes on.

Support/tickets/gamemasters are nonexistent, the forums seem to be a containment area supervised by volunteer moderators/PWE representatives and this lead developer is shockingly clueless about pressing gameplay issues. I don't know what the point of a beta is if you're just going to ignore community feedback. Right now the only way to get any reaction out of the devs is by breaking their game.

I want to believe this was just a rushed PR stunt to get gaming websites to write about NW, although that would raise new concerns about Cryptic's priorities. They seem to already be more worried about product advertisement than improvement at this early stage of the game. "Open Beta" seems more and more like a vapid excuse since not even the devs treat it accordingly.
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    That, and if you know anything about speech analysis, facial cues and eye movements, he's scared. T
    So he has stagefright, like 90% of humanity. Performing on stage / in front of a camera is a craft you have to learn, not something that comes natural.
    edited May 2013
    You for real there Sigmund? Ok, so some pencil pusher geek is nervous giving a public interview and we should read a lot into that. What should we read into your Mr.T signature and the old "if you know anything about (insert technical field of choice here)" trope that twelve year olds love to use shielded by the anonymity of the internet?

You know that rebuttal was probably coined by 12 year olds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

Somebody's jealous. Maybe a bit Randy too. It's ok, I'm quite used to it. [Austin Powers] "Rawwwrrr!" :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh man.... LOL

That's bad.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah there is also something against non constructive posts, have at it.

You are the absolute king of non constructive posts. All you ever do is wave your forum sword and agitate the people in every thread that you feel even remotely says anything negative about the game.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't heard this interview before, it seems like they're working in a lot of stuff. Let's hope that new things come this next month. :)

And guild housing! Yay!
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah what's been happening is five angry trolls with multiple accounts have been spamming the General forums, they can see the IP matchup so they ignore and ban, meanwhile the game has three packed shards and the buzz on social media is beyond positive.

Simple question Storm. "What constitutes a dev screwup for you ?".

As far as I can tell the devs could show up on your doorstep slap you silly, and if they gave you a cat cloak you would be fine with that.
  • cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know wtf is going on, but who the hell doesn't like Mass Effect?
    edited May 2013
    I'm familiar with the software used here (actually quite familiar), so, feel free to inquire with one of the administrators if the IP's match from more than one account. I proudly post from just this one since otherwise, I'd be a guy having to resort to using numbers instead of letters in handles. Not my cup of tea. As for social media, need to read a bit outside of controlled venue. The shards are packed alright a few hundred people on 3 shards. Stellar. I think the wrong end is being packed from logical perspective.

Anyways, back on topic. Wait. What was it again?

Oh yeah.

Sorry if my experience dictates a less than fanatic review- the only way these guys might have a hope of improvement is getting slapped, not licked by lizards (old Gygax saying) and told everything is peachy. DDO was bad enough, and D&D deserves better treatment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The lesson here is ... in the future have zero expectations. Much like going to a well known B movie you expect nothing and in return you will garner great riches or something.

Not all companies can have the same talent pool you desire nor the same agenda. You better simply not have standards when it comes to an IP you care about.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    where you value yourself over that of the legitimacy of the product. Stop being absurd.

Darn right I value my flesh and blood self over some pixellated fantasy world. Greatly so if said fantasy world is free to play. I'm not free to play, sugah.

<You know the rule on memes>

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited May 2013
    Somebody's jealous. Maybe a bit Randy too. It's ok, I'm quite used to it. [Austin Powers] "Rawwwrrr!" :p

Why would I be jealous of a guy pretending to be something he isn't? Sorry but I don't believe your story. See kid people who have money don't normally feel the need to talk about it since it is not important. People who pretend to be rich and powerful try very hard to get others to believe their stories. You have said nothing of note
    edited May 2013
    Why would I be jealous of a guy pretending to be something he isn't? Sorry but I don't believe your story. See kid people who have money don't normally feel the need to talk about it since it is not important. People who pretend to be rich and powerful try very hard to get others to believe their stories. You have said nothing of note

Theres your problem. You mistake "Rich and Powerful" for "Well Planned and Comfortable". I bet a nice car turns your head. Or a Gucci Wallet. I prefer a Dodge Ram and the skin of my obnoxious neighbors dog to wrap my cash in. So you're barking up the wrong tree there Lassie. Someone merely called me out on why I don't work in this industry any more, and I simply pointed out that I made my money (well part of it anyways) in it a long time ago. I think you're a working stiff that sees a good 30-40 years of servitude before retirement yet, and is lashing out. The word you are looking for (and should be elsewhere) is Sugardaddy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]