test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I want all of them banned without any exceptions !

13»

Comments

• Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** jus got real..Anyway, can we patch the game up and wipe it yet ? ^is no joke...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    theshadowbroker1theshadowbroker1 Banned Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep! The best part is that people use the exact same usernames here as they do on other forums currently discussing the use of the exploit and the desire to keep it quiet so they can get some payoff out of it. I won't name-and-shame, but it's some of the game's most ardent defenders and it's HILARIOUS.

Any GF can be invincible with this, enjoy killing any boss in the game taking 0 damage.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We have known from the start that most of the anti wipe defenders were exploiters . The proof is now out there, if this new stamina exploit does not get a wipe, the next one will..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    theshadowbroker1theshadowbroker1 Banned Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I don't think it will get them to wipe but I hope it does the maximum amount of damage possible.
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh man, playing this game the legit way is so tempting without a server wipe / new server.
  • Options
    sarcon89sarcon89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    best way for them to get the exploiters it intentionally add in a minor exploit (something that doesnt harm the economy) add in a tracer program for it and just start accumulating account names that use it. 1-2 weeks later just mass ban them. i know its sneaky business and they can just go and create new accounts but make them lose 1-2 weeks after the fact of doing it buwahahahahahahahaha.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    just create daily or hourly log for players economy and everything, with current system how much can you get in that time compare to all players. the one that shows on top is the jackpot ... I believe devs knows this, admin knows this ... hey, I'm a programmer too
  • Options
    ashenrustashenrust Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol this went up yesterday and theres that stam hack thing posted in a ton of threads lol mods havent delt with it even ;/ seems a bit crazy
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    this game is so done.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    The big hitters got banned first. The rest are the ones that require an investigation. As much damage as is done by having those folks still in the game, it's nothing compared to what would happen if they just precipitously banned everybody who earned beyond some threshold of AD.

Yes, all transactions are logged, but we're talking about a code bug; it's possible that they weren't being logged CORRECTLY in these cases, so investigation is needed. In the end, there may be a few folks who wind up getting away with it; but not many. It may take days for all the bans to happen, as they start reaching the really hard, time-consuming investigations.

At some point they'll say "OK, these are now taking too long per investigation, we're done here". That point is going to be short of 100%.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    Please BAN every single exploit user!
    No exceptions, not even cheater-founders should get away with that.
    By this way, you'll ensure limiting future exploits.

Today, I lose my 7 hours of gameplay because of exploiters. I want to see them suffer.

if you decide to say "
    ohh... please don't do it again sweetheart... and here is a candy for you as well." and let those cheaters get away with that, you will lose faster than you would even imagine.

I want justice !

Neverwinter is in Open Beta with bugs, imbalances, roll backs, etc expected to be discovered and addressed. As a beta tester you should adjust your expectations with that in mind... Going irate over 7 hours of game play roll back is not a healthy attitude for a tester of a beta product...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    manasiremanasire Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    Please BAN every single exploit user!
    No exceptions, not even cheater-founders should get away with that.
    By this way, you'll ensure limiting future exploits.

Today, I lose my 7 hours of gameplay because of exploiters. I want to see them suffer.

if you decide to say "
    ohh... please don't do it again sweetheart... and here is a candy for you as well." and let those cheaters get away with that, you will lose faster than you would even imagine.

I want justice !

Yeah, witch hunt ! Count me in.

Erm.. just in case there's any doubt. :)
    A wise man learns more from a foolish question, than a fool learns from a wise answer.
  • Options
    asyariaasyaria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    The big hitters got banned first. The rest are the ones that require an investigation.

This is not true, they are banning people who didn't do anything but try to figure out what the exploit was and then did absolutely nothing with the AD gained by it.

This is basically a slap in the face to anyone who has ever tested a game for a company. "Oh hey you found an exploit that makes our in game currency worth nothing during our beta test.... Whats that?... no... we're not going to thank you... we're going to perma ban you"
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    The big hitters got banned first. The rest are the ones that require an investigation. As much damage as is done by having those folks still in the game, it's nothing compared to what would happen if they just precipitously banned everybody who earned beyond some threshold of AD.

Yes, all transactions are logged, but we're talking about a code bug; it's possible that they weren't being logged CORRECTLY in these cases, so investigation is needed. In the end, there may be a few folks who wind up getting away with it; but not many. It may take days for all the bans to happen, as they start reaching the really hard, time-consuming investigations.

At some point they'll say "OK, these are now taking too long per investigation, we're done here". That point is going to be short of 100%.

Pretty much spot on.....we are getting two huge wants. Folks want the AH up now now now , but they also want all the exploiters banned, until they complete the investigation the AH won't be up, PWE wants to track these individuals down so they can't flood the economy, taking care of the whole: "OMGZORZ the economy is Broken!!!!" thing. It's a shame but 90% of the angst and hate comes from a position of having no frigging clue what is actually going on here.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asyaria wrote: »
    This is not true, they are banning people who didn't do anything but try to figure out what the exploit was and then did absolutely nothing with the AD gained by it.

This is basically a slap in the face to anyone who has ever tested a game for a company. "Oh hey you found an exploit that makes our in game currency worth nothing during our beta test.... Whats that?... no... we're not going to thank you... we're going to perma ban you"

If the exploit was found, then reported, and not exploited after the one occurance of the exploit being discovered, then the account would not be banned. Something tells me this is not the case with the gross majority of banned accounts.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    If the exploit was found, then reported, and not exploited after the one occurance of the exploit being discovered, then the account would not be banned. Something tells me this is not the case with the gross majority of banned accounts.

Another untrue statement. I have seen multiple threads here from people who reported the exploit and Cryptic/PWE did NOTHING about it for weeks. In 100% of the cases the bug reports people submitted were either auto-closed or "lost" and quite of few of those people actually re-reported the exploit.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another untrue statement. I have seen multiple threads here from people who reported the exploit and Cryptic/PWE did NOTHING about it for weeks. In 100% of the cases the bug reports people submitted were either auto-closed or "lost" and quite of few of those people actually re-reported the exploit.

You know it's easy for someone that has never coded so much as a grocery list much less worked with enterprise software to scream about a developer doing nothing. What most people just don't get is that one issue wasn't the only one they were fixing, I have been on the other end of all of this and issues are prioritized with a program like Jira, then the issue has to be replicated then addressed,then tested and that is if there isn't ten other issues that makes that one look like a walk in the park.

This isn't excuse making this is how game developers work period all of them. Honestly does anyone think these guys want to be called everything but a gentleman on the forums, and even have personal threats made against them because someone can't spend his usual fifteen hours a day online?

That is why I got out of the business, despite having the benefit of working for a lead developer who had not problems telling a "fan" where to shove it before he banned his account. I work less hours and make more money for customers that actually appreciate my efforts. All I'm saying is try to look at the big picture before you accuse a dev of doing nothing.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You know it's easy for someone that has never coded so much as a grocery list much less worked with enterprise software to scream about a developer doing nothing.

I'm sorry, but you shouldn't assume that you know my history based on a post I make on these useless forums.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't understand what this post has to do with people exploiting getting banned. It was reported and "lost", so what? That makes it ok to exploit, when the ToS tells you not to?
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Its BETA! For petes sakes... the exploits are there! You cant ban for them exspecially as I recall THHIS exploit being discussed IN HERE! Stupid to ban on a beta run, wipe there accounts, sure, make em start over... but really a ban won't work anyways... F2P make new account, start over... same reasoning applies bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand what this post has to do with people exploiting getting banned. It was reported and "lost", so what? That makes it ok to exploit, when the ToS tells you not to?

The post was in response to you saying:

The point here is that it took leaking the exploit and masses of people using it to get Cryptic to do something about it rather than ignore it like they have been. And they went nuts over banning people about it, even those who were trying to help out by testing/confirming the exploit/bug got permanently banned. Some of these people even spent a lot of money on this game prior to, and those people are now screwed out of the money they spent.
  • Options
    vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban the cheaters; but the money's already spread around; and what about people that found it but didn't exploit it?> They are getting bans in the wave too, but I thought this was beta... so testing...
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ban the cheaters; but the money's already spread around; and what about people that found it but didn't exploit it?> They are getting bans in the wave too, but I thought this was beta... so testing...

True. They should grow spine and wipe the server.
    However... they will never do that.

There is (should have) a database file for each character/account. This is so true if the game uses real life money such as NW.
    If so called helpers really did not use the exploit they can easily defend themselves by mailing PWE to check balance history. What they sold, what they got... Every thing should be included on that database...

I believe PWE wanted to dodge such kind of work and ban everyone related to cheat. And they also send a message regarding unfairly banned people to make them contact PWE... right ?.. All they tried is gaining time. instead of checking everyone. they will just check people who contact to them.