test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Im done with the ****ty dungeons & skirmishes -.-

blackphoenixbgblackphoenixbg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I just had the '''Garrundar the vile'' skirmish. What an absolute piece of **** skirmish.
Million ads.
Million ads that heal.
Million ads on my cleric's ***
No thanks, im tired of that lazy mechanic.

Every dungeon is like that, but atleast i was enjoying the skirmishes... 'till now.
Whoever designed that every single boss battle should be a swarm of minions should be fired.
Post edited by blackphoenixbg on

Comments

• Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm feeling the same way, I'm finished with the 'official' content, it's just too darn hard and frustrating. The Foundry is my last hope, if that fails me, then I'm afraid I'm finished with Neverwinter :(
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm waiting for them to fix the loot system before setting a foot to dungeons, seems like I'm not missing much.
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Whats wrong with the loot system?
  • Options
    okropniakokropniak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same to me - made those dungeons, got some epic and... don't even care to farm to get full t2 gear, just bored by zerg-attack on last boss. walking from one group of mobs to other to get first/sec/final boss is not funny after 5th time.
  • Options
    voltz46738voltz46738 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    kynttila wrote: »
    I'm waiting for them to fix the loot system before setting a foot to dungeons, seems like I'm not missing much.

Especially when you can buy the gear with AD from AH which makes it pointless to run dungeons.
  • Options
    okropniakokropniak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Thanks for keeping us updated on your daily life. Don't forget to send me your wedding invite!

to late buddy - it was 8 years ago ;)
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Why not just have your GF use the insta kill bug on the boss?
    Presumably, this was while levelling. The one-shot thing doesn't really come into play until you get into the epic dungeons.

I agree with the OP. The dragon is fine. Maybe a little low on damage. However, all the dragon is right now is an acid-spitting centerpiece for a fight against stacked Marsh Mystics and Trappers. The lizards kite you like crazy and then the Trappers yank you around with unblockable nets and the Marsh Mystics out-heal an entire group's DPS unless you work hard at keeping them separated (and these buggers dance all around the battlefield, making it nearly impossible to keep them separated).

The adds in all the boss fights actively sap my will to play the rest of the game, and they're not even fights against the bosses, they're fights against the adds while you dodge the oversized red-splat-generators.
  • Options
    trequeltrequel Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dealing with million adds is more fun than standing still and doing some silly skill rotation.
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    trequel wrote: »
    Dealing with million adds is more fun than standing still and doing some silly skill rotation.

What you don't understand is people are instead just bringing 2 Clerics and standing in 2 Astral Shields and just standing there doing some silly skill rotation while DPSing the boss and ignoring the adds till the boss is dead and then just AOEing adds down. All it takes is 1 CW basically chain rotating Mage Shield & Arcane Singularity which also helps with survivability.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have noticed that the higher level I get, the less enjoyable this game becomes. It's more of a chore than entertainment for me at this point. Maybe it's because I rolled a cleric and have massive aggro and 40% reduction on self heals. I stopped doing dungeons and skirmishes because of adds crawling all over me and the fact that anyone can roll NEED on my class loot, which defeats the entire point of doing dungeons at least because I'm not wasting my time like that.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    do what I did.

form your own group.

use Round Robin loot.

exchange with your partymates at the end.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

LOL, I'm assuming you're talking about WoW amirite?

Atleast they had actual boss fights, that were fun, and challenging, and fun, and not the same stupid rehashed <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this.
  • Options
    chunkienoodle26chunkienoodle26 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just did this today, and i thought it was awesome! Nice hard fight, but the loot at the end sucked. And what really blows is the Daily requires you to complete it 3 times?! Crazy.
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP- for that skirmish I was facepalming also, dragon was down 2/3 then got healed to full because we can't out DPS, entire ground got red circled. Wiped. Next match whilst stalemated I figured we could knockback healers off the edge. 3GWF, 1 tank, 1 cleric. I baited the healers to the edge, used a couple of divine sunbursts, healer down the abyss. Never felt more satisfied figuring that out.

What annoyed me more was that I needed to complete it 3 times, but outlevelled it by 46 :(. Really narrow brackets with no options to retake.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP- for that skirmish I was facepalming also, dragon was down 2/3 then got healed to full because we can't out DPS, entire ground got red circled. Wiped. Next match whilst stalemated I figured we could knockback healers off the edge. 3GWF, 1 tank, 1 cleric. I baited the healers to the edge, used a couple of divine sunbursts, healer down the abyss. Never felt more satisfied figuring that out.

What annoyed me more was that I needed to complete it 3 times, but outlevelled it by 46 :(. Really narrow brackets with no options to retake.

It's sad that all these overtuned fights have to be cheesed by things like Astral Shield stacking and/or just knocking things to instantly kill them.

Knocking things off stuff to delay them maybe, or knocking them into traps, but instantly killing them? Just dumb.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's interesting in this thread is that one person's tactical discovery is another person's cheese move, and one person's challenging encounter is another's rehash. Basically, what the game is for you is how you choose to look at it.
  • Options
    arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The adds in all the boss fights actively sap my will to play the rest of the game

This sums up my feelings perfectly. My will to play is effectively zero now after discovering that it's all the same boring "mechanic" over and over and over and over and over again. Hire a designer with some bloody imagination.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    LOL, I'm assuming you're talking about WoW amirite?

Atleast they had actual boss fights, that were fun, and challenging, and fun, and not the same stupid rehashed <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this.

Eh, i disagree, wow fights are pretty much simon says now with DBM, do what it says when, sleep through it. More so when you've out geared the runs. Played from launch to off and on this year. If you think the boss fights are challenging and fun, you don't remember Wrath, run with your eyes closed. Nothing unpredictable or that interesting, especially once you've run it once or looked up the strats. Cata pulled out the interrupts, but those were more annoying than adds here, at least until people out geared them. Fifteen minute dungeon runs, all bosses included.

My only real complaint here is that the bosses are such damage sponges, take so long for the sake of long, like the whole dungeon. Which you notice if you DC and have to run through the whole thing again, empty, long run. :P
  • Options
    diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Eh, i disagree, wow fights are pretty much simon says now with DBM, do what it says when, sleep through it. More so when you've out geared the runs. Played from launch to off and on this year. If you think the boss fights are challenging and fun, you don't remember Wrath, run with your eyes closed. Nothing unpredictable or that interesting, especially once you've run it once or looked up the strats. Cata pulled out the interrupts, but those were more annoying than adds here, at least until people out geared them. Fifteen minute dungeon runs, all bosses included.

My only real complaint here is that the bosses are such damage sponges, take so long for the sake of long, like the whole dungeon. Which you notice if you DC and have to run through the whole thing again, empty, long run. :P

And here it is even worse, because all the boss ever does is place a red zone somewhere.

The whole boss content, even the solo ones, feel like the copy&pasted that together in a few hours, there are basically no bosses that have any real abilities up til 45. every time i enter a boss battle i am only wondering what and how many adds we will get, the boss doesn't do anything interesting anyway. And while DBM made a lot of stuff in WoW very easy, at least the designers tried to do a lot of different mechanics and not just replaced models to fit with the current zone. I am not even 60 and the whole PvE repetition is boring, i won't even try the rest of the skirmishes and dungeon if they are nothing but the same encounter with different skins every time, it is worse enough in the solo missions already.
  • Options
    apocalypseincapocalypseinc Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »

Did you clear Heroic modes in WoW?

What's getting stale in NW so far is that every boss is almost the same. Couple abilities, summons adds from the rest of the instance. The only times they're challenging is when the boss has some kill-all move (Marrowslake's ground ability) or the adds are more deadly than the bosses (shadow wolves on Marrowslake, Hellfire Magus in Lair).

Not to mention that a lot of these abilities basically amount to 1-hit kills. Messing up once and being dead isn't a very satisfying game experience.
  • Options
    zeldainkneehighszeldainkneehighs Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, for all the *****ing about DBM in WoW making it so easy, people think the big red circles on the ground is some sort've change? Hey, it is a new DBM system for almost every mmo now. Don't want to take damage, get cc'd, or **** up? No problem, STEP OUT OF OUR AWESOME RED CIRCLE ON THE GROUND OR HIT SHIFT! The creatiiiiiiiiivity is amazing.

Sidenote: This game's "boss" design is ****ing awful.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you clear Heroic modes in WoW?

What's getting stale in NW so far is that every boss is almost the same. Couple abilities, summons adds from the rest of the instance. The only times they're challenging is when the boss has some kill-all move (Marrowslake's ground ability) or the adds are more deadly than the bosses (shadow wolves on Marrowslake, Hellfire Magus in Lair).

Not to mention that a lot of these abilities basically amount to 1-hit kills. Messing up once and being dead isn't a very satisfying game experience.

Yeah I've already had some hardcore gamer friends leave because of this. They've done their T2 stuff and made this same comment about boss fights. Oh and lag apparently.

Skirmishes and dungeons are ok if you queue for them and end up with 3 clerics :D
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    apocalypseincapocalypseinc Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heh, the queue system is pretty broken as well.
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I agree in general. But there is also a limit to on how far to go. The one thing that bothers me is the AOE circles that just go bonkers and nearly non-stop. It makes life extremely rough being a melee based class.
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just had the '''Garrundar the vile'' skirmish. What an absolute piece of **** skirmish.
    Million ads.
    Million ads that heal.
    Million ads on my cleric's ***
    No thanks, im tired of that lazy mechanic.

Every dungeon is like that, but atleast i was enjoying the skirmishes... 'till now.
    Whoever designed that every single boss battle should be a swarm of minions should be fired.

Dude...Its the same for pretty much every MMO. If you dont like it, dont play. I however dont have a problem with it and think they did a great job with the dungeons.

Just because it isnt easy doesnt mean its not a good game/ mechanics.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    Dude...Its the same for pretty much every MMO. If you dont like it, dont play. I however dont have a problem with it and think they did a great job with the dungeons.

Just because it isnt easy doesnt mean its not a good game/ mechanics.

oh?

I'm from DDO and thought I would check this game out. DDO is a lot more handcrafted than NWO I'm coming to realise. Which is both good and bad. This game is very beautiful but there are patterns everywhere that my humaness is trained to look for. DDO each boss fight and each dungeon is handcrafted although it's older now so not as pretty.

So no, not all MMOs are like that. I'm sure DDO is not the only one to have varied and differing boss fights and dungeons.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    sefusssefuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know DDO had some flaws, some that others had more of a problem with than me, but some of the boss fights in that game were awesome, and had multiple things you had to do to defeat bosses. But I like this game, so i guess i will keep pounding away at it. I just hope DDO2 comes out some day.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epic means what it means. T2 is the challenge, T1 is for everybody. If you don't want a challenge don't do T2 and it's fine. I know it's hard to understand but some people do enjoy the current boss fights and they like a challenge, even as a cleric. I like how it works currently, and not having beaten some dungeons yet makes the game appealing. If all we need is to hit the spacebar for 10 minutes to win then i guess many people will leave because the game isn't fun at all.

Don't steal my challenges, you selfish! You have T1s for you. :)
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zephea wrote: »
    oh?

I'm from DDO and thought I would check this game out. DDO is a lot more handcrafted than NWO I'm coming to realise. Which is both good and bad. This game is very beautiful but there are patterns everywhere that my humaness is trained to look for. DDO each boss fight and each dungeon is handcrafted although it's older now so not as pretty.

So no, not all MMOs are like that. I'm sure DDO is not the only one to have varied and differing boss fights and dungeons.

Yeah I used to play DDO and It had a good dungeon system, I just didnt like how you had to pay for content and the visuals arent the best in DDO.
  • Options
    matumatu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a melee I find dungeons pretty painful sometimes, lots of knockbacks and crazy aoe going on.