test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Asset/craftsman quality

qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So where does one get higher quality craftsmen? the crafting provides only the 5% common ones.
Post edited by qinnux on

Comments

• Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have to get the zen store packs, buy from other players, and unconfirmed from higher area skill nodes. Feel free to leave a comment in my poll on the subject if you want.
  • Options
    daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As the above poster said you can only get this via Zen bought stuff, I honestly thought ones rank 3's turned into the 10% green ones once you hit level 20 in a craft so that you could start speed upgrading but nope... Exchange a million AD into Zen or pay in hard cash, only way to obtain them, which kinda blows :(

Same thing goes for the quality components, obtainable via Zen, nothing else....
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Every now and then someone claims they can be received as rewards in the Leadership profession, but I have never seen any real evidence of this and those making this comment never seem to stick around to clarify with more details.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got a blue leadership guy (adventurer??) from a lockbox which gave me a leadership pack. I got 2 master mailsmiths in the pack that was a quest reward from the graveyard (one of the first quests). This is not a typical result!

I think you can buy/sell the blue guys on the AH. Not 100% sure.
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    I got a blue leadership guy (adventurer??) from a lockbox which gave me a leadership pack.

What type of lockbox, and from where?
  • Options
    karzak851karzak851 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its easy, take out your credit card and youll get em
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    figures -_- cash only... again.
    Id understand if it had some .. even semi hard option ingame to get at least the green ones (10%) -_- - and the zen packs are lottery aswell i guess?u may spend tons of zen and get none?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not really cash only if you buy from other players with Gold/ADs or exchange ADs for Zen. However, a lot of players are asking for a change at least to the tool assets since they guarantee higher tier success rates for some of the high-end tasks even if they don't give us a means to have the speed increases yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    edgenw wrote: »
    What type of lockbox, and from where?

You must be new lol.
    After about level 10 or 15, about 1 mob in 10 drops a purple "nightmare lockbox" which requires a $1.25 key found in the handy dandy zen store to open. 90% of these contain worthless garbage like level 5 enchantments or a 40k AD idol (40k AD seems nice but 125 zen key is worth more even at a low rate of 350 ad per zen). A few have a professions pack that MAY have a blue guy in it. I think that is ONLY for leadership (???).

I spent my founder's diamonds on zen to open some. The blue guy was the best thing I got from the lot.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    since the green , blue and purples ones ... speed up crafting . that makes them a convenience item . All convenience items are bought in the zen store . You don't NEED a green one to craft , they just make it faster .
    Shure I like crafting so I find it annoying , but lets be fair . I like that I don't have to pay to do warzones and I can run as many dungeons as I want without paying . Try the F2P version of SWtoR and see how messed up paying to do anything is .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    since the green , blue and purples ones ... speed up crafting . that makes them a convenience item . All convenience items are bought in the zen store . You don't NEED a green one to craft , they just make it faster .
    Shure I like crafting so I find it annoying , but lets be fair . I like that I don't have to pay to do warzones and I can run as many dungeons as I want without paying . Try the F2P version of SWtoR and see how messed up paying to do anything is .

Some tasks require higher ranked peons. I am not sure you need the blue ones but the basic guy cannot go beyond about level 8 or so crafting tasks??? However you can convert 4 of the basic guys into the higher level guy and I have not yet seen a task the second tier guy cannot do, so you can do it all without money I think ???
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You can perform any of the tasks without a single uncommon or higher asset. That being said, you don't get extra speed or higher quality from rarer assets. The speed is more a convenience and to unlock another task slot which requires a 100% speed bonus. The quality is to increase chances to get tier 2 or tier 3 results from later tasks and that one is pretty much required for those results.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »

However the quality assets increases the items quality, so that is essentially a P2W as it is right now and that really shouldn't be the case if you ask me. I do hope they'll concider allowing us to upgrade 4 "white" into 1 "green" qaulity asset, then you can craft your way to better quality tools

• Options
    edited May 2013
    wait converting 4 to higer? What ya talkign about Oo

Well crafting sure isnt worth wasting money on it... i looked througth and there basically is nothing - just convenience itsy bitsy stuff.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can (rarely) get them from a barrel you get as a reward from one of the leadership tasks. But buing them is quicker
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Every so many task levels you can upgrade the rank of your common (white border) hire assets via a 4 > 1 conversion ratio and they are required to perform the next x levels worth of tasks. However, these common hire assets always stay at 5% speed bonus all the way up, while the uncommon (non-profession collected) assets seem to double in speed/quality every rarity rank they increase through 4 > 1 conversions. Common tools don't go up in ranks, you just buy the next higher cost tool from the vendor as the tasks require them. Uncommon and higher tools can be upgraded in rarity. Right now most of the community seems to want to see the highest Rank common hires compound at least to enough speed to accomplish the 100% speed increase task slot requirement when you fill in all the slots on a task or changed to where the higher common ranks can be changed into the first uncommon rank hire. Then the tool system can either follow with a common rank increase like the hiring tasks to where you at least have a chance for a Tier 3 task reward or as a gold sink where 4 common tools can make 1 uncommon tool at the beginning of the conversion process.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    figures -_- cash only... again.
    Id understand if it had some .. even semi hard option ingame to get at least the green ones (10%) -_- - and the zen packs are lottery aswell i guess?u may spend tons of zen and get none?

They aren't too expensive in the AH. At least not when I last checked. I agree that it would be good if you could upgrade the best white ones to green ones, but you are still having access to all tasks even without the uncommon or rare crafting assets.

The 300 Zen booster packs can contain them, too, as well as the pack you get from the quest in Neverdeath. A good method may be to sell crafting materials in the AH (such as maps) and then use the AD to buy assets.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You must be new lol.
    After about level 10 or 15, about 1 mob in 10 drops a purple "nightmare lockbox" which requires a $1.25 key found in the handy dandy zen store to open.
    Yeah, I know about those lockboxes, I have a ridiculous number of them stacked in my bank that will never be opened. I just wasn't sure if you were referring to something else that I might have been missing.
    clannamuir wrote: »
    You can (rarely) get them from a barrel you get as a reward from one of the leadership tasks. But buing them is quicker

Hmm.. the barrel reward I haven't seen yet, or just haven't noticed. I assume you're not talking about the "chest of goods"?
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some tasks require higher ranked peons. I am not sure you need the blue ones but the basic guy cannot go beyond about level 8 or so crafting tasks??? However you can convert 4 of the basic guys into the higher level guy and I have not yet seen a task the second tier guy cannot do, so you can do it all without money I think ???

There are three tiers of "Common" craftsmen, for each profession. For example, Leadership has Mercenary, then Guard, then Footman. You can hire the first tier for free (just costs time), then you can convert 4 of the first tier into 1 of the second, and 4 of the second into 1 of the third. You can do all tasks with a third tier Common craftsman.

The Green bordered Uncommon craftsmen give speed bonuses, and do tasks like third tier common craftsmen. They only come from Zen store packs (and possibly rarely from nodes). You can upgrade 4 Uncommon to 1 Rare, and 4 Rare to one Epic, but that just gives you more speed bonus. You do not unlock any new tasks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I know about those lockboxes, I have a ridiculous number of them stacked in my bank that will never be opened. I just wasn't sure if you were referring to something else that I might have been missing.

Hmm.. the barrel reward I haven't seen yet, or just haven't noticed. I assume you're not talking about the "chest of goods"?

the barrel is a reward from some of the "blue" "change every hour" tasks at higher levels. Um, I can get them and my leadership is 10 or 11.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The Spellplagued mission (level 16 LS) awards one, but I think I have seen them at lower levels, too (maybe as rare tasks):

CVNmpdw.png

(From the Gateway.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It only lists resources and not assets, which means it is strange for it to reward assets at all inside it...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    It only lists resources and not assets, which means it is strange for it to reward assets at all inside it...

I haven't gotten any people assets from the barrels, either. The only ones I got in-game were from the Leadership profession packs from the lockboxes. I bought my other assets from the AH (green and blue ones only).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    There are three tiers of "Common" craftsmen, for each profession. For example, Leadership has Mercenary, then Guard, then Footman. You can hire the first tier for free (just costs time), then you can convert 4 of the first tier into 1 of the second, and 4 of the second into 1 of the third. You can do all tasks with a third tier Common craftsman.

The Green bordered Uncommon craftsmen give speed bonuses, and do tasks like third tier common craftsmen. They only come from Zen store packs (and possibly rarely from nodes). You can upgrade 4 Uncommon to 1 Rare, and 4 Rare to one Epic, but that just gives you more speed bonus. You do not unlock any new tasks.

Yes, but the other assets (the tools for each profession) impact the quality of the result. And without better tools, some of the improved variants are completely out of reach.
  • Options
    everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The Spellplagued mission (level 16 LS) awards one, but I think I have seen them at lower levels, too (maybe as rare tasks):

CVNmpdw.png

(From the Gateway.)

THANK YOU! This is extremely helpful.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »

CVNmpdw.png

(From the Gateway.)

I'm confused that assets would come out of that package as it only lists resources for rewards. In fact, those contents are pretty much the same as the chests of goods. If assets have a chance of showing up whenever resources are listed as a reward, that would imply the 5 day celestial token reward can also give assets.

The thing is, that list of text is just whatever a developer wrote it as, and it's hard to tell if they mean what is written word for word, or if they just made the mistake of referring to assets as resources. Around their office, "profession resources" might very well mean "resources" and "assets".
  • Options
    yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    You don't get assets from leadership boxes. At least I neve have and I've never seen any confirmed asset coming from a leadership box.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The leadership packs from the lockboxes do contain assets. The blessed ones for coins don't seem to, though,
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I feel like this needs a worhty bump as the "quality-assets" is still a P2W design that should be changed.

Awareness, here we go !

• Options
    mennelonmennelon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    The barrel has a chance to reward like a large chest too. Anyone know what those can give?