Options

Asset/craftsman quality

2»

Comments

• Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mennelon wrote: »
    The barrel has a chance to reward like a large chest too. Anyone know what those can give?

jMjM8wN.png
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daxtax86 wrote: »
    I feel like this needs a worhty bump as the "quality-assets" is still a P2W design that should be changed.

Awareness, here we go !

All of Neverwinter is a P2W design, through-and-through.

It's not going to change.
  • Options
    sortunesortune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I realised that, so I focused on Leadership to be able to generate Very Large Chest of goods, to be able to get those assets.

Or if you want, you change AD for 300 Zen and by a box in zen market.
  • Options
    m3atba9m3atba9 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think noroblad is refering to a quest you pick up in Neverdeath Grave Yard, I am fairly certain you get a green prof booster pack. All I got out of mine was a bunch of green resources. I do not remember which quest it was, but its one of the first phase of quests you get there.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sortune wrote: »
    I realised that, so I focused on Leadership to be able to generate Very Large Chest of goods, to be able to get those assets.

Or if you want, you change AD for 300 Zen and by a box in zen market.

Very Large Chests of Goods contain no assets.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    All of Neverwinter is a P2W design, through-and-through. It's not going to change.

Nothing about professions is P2W. Not even if you ignore the fact that you can max every crafting profession without ever needing to buy anything.

Neverwinter is less P2W than WoW.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    sortunesortune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, seeing the amount of green asset in AH, that's clear it is "possible" to get some for few AD.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've gotten blue assets a couple of times from something in the graveyard. I don't remember which quest but I have 4 characters that I've never spent 1 zen on and 2 have blue assets that I've been meaning to transfer to another character. It was like a green profession pack quest reward that gave the items.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    jMjM8wN.png

very large chest is either wrong ... or you can crit and get a higher one . I got 24 common and 5 uncommon resources out of one . Plus when it shows 2xpotion of major healing you actually only get one .
    I like the barrel which you don't have here , because it gives ' three of the following ' so very good chance to get resources .
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    m3atba9 wrote: »
    I think noroblad is refering to a quest you pick up in Neverdeath Grave Yard, I am fairly certain you get a green prof booster pack. All I got out of mine was a bunch of green resources. I do not remember which quest it was, but its one of the first phase of quests you get there.

Yes, this is the one. I am sorry, I do not recall the name of it. Its like the first one from the doomguys though, probably kill a dozen zombies OR the first one to go find the first lost person?

Anyway, most folks get junk. The 2 blue guys from one box is *highly* unlikely. I have done it 5 times now, resulting in 3 crafting "guys". The one box that had 2 blues, and another one that had 1 green.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can craft boxes that have a chance of dropping these resources... You do not need to use the Zen store.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    I like the barrel which you don't have here , because it gives ' three of the following ' so very good chance to get resources .

I didn't take a screenshot of the barrel because the list was exactly the same as the chests. Resources are not assets.
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    You can craft boxes that have a chance of dropping these resources... You do not need to use the Zen store.

See above. If someone actually got ASSETS from those boxes/barrels I'd love to see a screenshot of it.
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    If someone actually got ASSETS from those boxes/barrels I'd love to see a screenshot of it.

I second that request.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah the box itself listed only resources.

Im closing lvl 8 on the tailoring and.... well ill only go up to 10 i think - for the extra prof slot - there is NOTHING worth wasting the time and resources.. even at lvl 20 -_- just more or less junk armors.
    Getting all the 4x weaver to higher rank wit hsame 5% (thats 4x 18h wasted then)... and shears etc still depend on zen.

Only thing worth investing into is leadership i guess - for the boxes. Then just try and sell all the materials instead.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daxtax86 wrote: »
    I feel like this needs a worhty bump as the "quality-assets" is still a P2W design that should be changed.

Awareness, here we go !

Don't hold your breath
  • Options
    ogkeltogkelt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    So where does one get higher quality craftsmen? the crafting provides only the 5% common ones.

I have gotten a couple from nightmare lockboxes
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and nightmare boxes = zen or stupid amounts of AD (amounts you most likely wont see before farmign rare items and sellign at lvl 60 by which poitn any crafting is worthless anyways).
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    and nightmare boxes = zen or stupid amounts of AD (amounts you most likely wont see before farmign rare items and sellign at lvl 60 by which poitn any crafting is worthless anyways).

Leadership never becomes worthless, and shirts and pants don't drop (well, a few do, but I don't think purple ones do).
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pants and shirts stat boost is sooo tiny.... i dont see how its worth the cost of several 100k of AD or even into millions (assets and materails).
  • Options
    gimp4gimp4 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    You can (rarely) get them from a barrel you get as a reward from one of the leadership tasks. But buing them is quicker
    Is this confirmed? I have opened like 40 barrels and quite a bit of large chests of goods and also very large chests of goods and seen nothing of value yet. I assumed Leadership was the way to get them without paying but haven't seen any real evidence.