test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next Class You Want To See After Release

191011121315»

Comments

• khulhadjkhulhadj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranger and Warlock are known to be coming next.
    I'd like to see something along the line of swordmage or hexblade.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archsteel1 wrote: »
    You DO realize that one of the main villains in the game is a necromancer and that you fight undead left and right? That kinda lowers the chances for there even being a necromancer at all. However I would like to see one, I think ranger is by FAR the best choice. Then maybe a bard (Along with the gnome race for Grobnar wannabe's) then definitely a battle cleric/paladin

If Cryptic thought along these lines they wouldn't have added Drow into the game so it may well happen.

I'm hoping for a Ranger Archer or Monk though.
  • usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I think the new class will have something to do with the "Nature" class skill which is one of the collecting skills for Nature objects.
    Right now, we have Dungeoneering for GF/GWF, Religion for DC, Arcana for CW and Thievery for TR. No sight of Nature skill. Could be ranger, no?
    Also the picture they showed us on Neverwinter facebook also have something to do with nature.
  • azrahielazrahiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Druid please.

I don't need anything more than that.
  • btknightmare77btknightmare77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping Ranger, which should have an emphasis on buffing allies and debuffing enemies while using DoT effects and whatnot. If you look carefully on the "Coming soon!" slot on char select there appears to be a bow amongst the background weapons.
  • savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Archer Ranger would be the balls. From what I've read about his role in 4E, he is focused on either burst damage to one target or damaging multiple enemies at once (AoE). In the PnP version, a lot of his powers give the ability to attack not only multiple times on his turn, but also gives him the ability to attack on enemies' turns in the same round.

There's also a feat called 'Two-Fisted Shooter' that lets you dual wield hand xbows, a la Diablo 3... I'd prefer a bow, but I can see the allure...

Also, a pure buff class like a bard would be fun, as well as a monk that could fit in as a defender, not a striker.
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorcerer, Barbarian, Ranger, Paladin, Druid. As well please add the following races soon; Dragonborn, Goliath, Genasi, Eladrin, and Shifters.
  • nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Bard, Druid, or Battle Cleric.
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Druid, Ranger, Necromancer, and a type of "Slayer" Class, using Crossbows
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • trterror1trterror1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bard, Bard, Bard and Bard
  • xtropianxtropian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping Ranger, which should have an emphasis on buffing allies and debuffing enemies while using DoT effects and whatnot. If you look carefully on the "Coming soon!" slot on char select there appears to be a bow amongst the background weapons.
    Neverwinter classes and roles are taken directly from the class builds in D&D 4e. The role of a Ranger is Striker, which is pure DPS.

The "Coming Soon" graphic is a generic placeholder. It isn't the outline of the next class.
  • phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would really wish for a Ranger, would be finally able to have 1 character/class combination I actually want to play in this game...

Unfortunately, my guess is that they will be adding Bard as the next class, with Ranged skills from "Player's Handbook 2" o.O

Anyway, guess we will know for sure soon enough.

P.S.: My realm for an "Eladrin Assault Swordmage".