test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev's attitude towards the community

Comments

• Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Never ceases to amaze me that people hate free stuff
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    khazaad wrote: »
    Geezus.. . This post has got to be the most epic whiny diatribe in the history of gaming. You sound like a little brat. I've unregretfully spent $200 so far and don't suffer an ounce of the indignity this community is ravished by. Just stop playing if you want to teach em a lesson.

Where does this sense of entitlement come from anyway?

I don't feel entitled to anything, I didn't want a condolence gift. I do not want anything to replace the condolence gift. I want a WORKING game. I am insulted that they called in their art department and made a new cloak rather than working on art for the Foundry. I am insulted that they coded up a mail to be sent out to existing characters instead of tracking down exploiters and banning them. There are websites filled with exploiters all bragging about getting away with it. With a catalog of other exploits that have been reported to Cryptic but not fixed. I am insulted that they have dug in their heels on the issue of a wipe before launch such that truly game breaking exploits are just common place to be posted here on these forums and abused because who doesn't want that bonus for their character while it lasts? I'm insulted that players like myself who have never exploited the game lost AD, Zen (you know, REAL MONEY), and are treated like "If you lost AD or Zen then you were exploiting". Obviously if you check your logs you will find I NEVER OPENED THE AH OUT OF FEAR OF THIS ISSUE!

No, I am not entitled, I am insulted that they think that giving use a gift that 1) took time away from their employees working on fixing the game. 2) doesn't go to all the characters on my account just the ones that were created prior to the incident, 3) has no stats and can not be used for appearance. No, that is not entitlement you see, it's righteous indignation.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    I don't feel entitled to anything, I didn't want a condolence gift. I do not want anything to replace the condolence gift. I want a WORKING game. I am insulted that they called in their art department and made a new cloak rather than working on art for the Foundry. I am insulted that they coded up a mail to be sent out to existing characters instead of tracking down exploiters and banning them. There are websites filled with exploiters all bragging about getting away with it. With a catalog of other exploits that have been reported to Cryptic but not fixed. I am insulted that they have dug in their heels on the issue of a wipe before launch such that truly game breaking exploits are just common place to be posted here on these forums and abused because who doesn't want that bonus for their character while it lasts? I'm insulted that players like myself who have never exploited the game lost AD, Zen (you know, REAL MONEY), and are treated like "If you lost AD or Zen then you were exploiting". Obviously if you check your logs you will find I NEVER OPENED THE AH OUT OF FEAR OF THIS ISSUE!

No, I am not entitled, I am insulted that they think that giving use a gift that 1) took time away from their employees working on fixing the game. 2) doesn't go to all the characters on my account just the ones that were created prior to the incident, 3) has no stats and can not be used for appearance. No, that is not entitlement you see, it's righteous indignation.

Clearly you do not understand the term "entitled" because that is what you are little princess, straight from your own mouth
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Clearly you do not understand the term "entitled" because that is what you are little princess, straight from your own mouth

Obviously you still think I want something from them other than for them to fix their product. Too bad you didn't spend more time on reading literacy.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Dude really? probly took them 10 minutes to code out that gift pack. Took you more time to write this dribble about nothing.
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well...if demanding a functioning product and not falling for a carrot makes you entitled....well, I cant really say color me entitled, because I havent played or logged in for almost a week now and wont ever be....but I would not call that entitled. Demanding to have your money back from a bank error is not entitled. It's proper standing up for yourself and not being taken advantage of. Your blind naivety and trust in a corporation is what is disconcerting.
  • Options
    alek340alek340 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing your feedback, castertroyt!
    The purpose of the pack is for us to demonstrate our gratitude to our players who stuck with us, reported issues, and demonstrated patience while we sorted out Sundays issues.

I reported the exploit and submitted a ticket in detail including all aspects of the exploit after I saw what it did. I was perma-banned for doing it. I lost years of play on STO because of it. PWE has still not responded to any tickets. Ya'll keep touting this is open beta. During a beta we, the beta testers discover and report bugs and exploits which is what I did. Getting banned and losing years of time and money after doing and reporting an in game exploit in a beta is inexcusable.
  • Options
    alek340alek340 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tybrus8 wrote: »
    As this is still an OPEN BETA, they did not have to give you anything at all . Stop your *****ing about nothing, don't play? Your the typ of person who probly treats your mother like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..
    People shouldnt be banned during a beta, and I happen to love your mom.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Obviously you still think I want something from them other than for them to fix their product. Too bad you didn't spend more time on reading literacy.

Stomp your feet some more child, that always produces a positive result.
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Please note that we understand that the pack does not excuse any errors on our part. The purpose of the pack is for us to demonstrate our gratitude to our players who stuck with us, reported issues, and demonstrated patience while we sorted out Sundays issues.

We do understand that both lost progress and the inability to play for several hours on Sunday were both major inconveniences and acknowledge that an item cannot earn immediate forgiveness. Our plan is to continually fix bugs, investigate reports of exploitation, and follow-up as needed to ensure that Neverwinter is an amazing game that everyone can enjoy. That is what we plan on doing to show our community how committed we are to operating an amazing game.

copy/Paste
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    While as part of the playerbase I appreciate the effort to try to give an elegant response from part of the Devs to the OP, I think that it's unnecesary and you're just giving in to his game.

They don't care about how hard you guys try. They'll always think you're lazy, greedy or short-sighted. These players think that they are entitled enough to run a MMORPG with all the challenges involved and can give answers to problems that even though may take weeks or a month in the real world, in their imagination this only takes seconds.

If you give them Healthstones, bad, they wanted Celestial Coins. If you give them both, they wanted a Cat too! And AD. And Zen. Oh, but now there's too much free Zen, so mine's worth less! Fix it, Cryptic! And...

I'm aware of the reasoning behind trying to keep things in the dark and trying to not show too much closeness towards players in the forums. I've seen it in many games, Devs and Community Managers ending up being eaten alive by hungry trolls. If you see this kind of threads that are obviously a rant and don't offer anything constructive, just ignore them. Don't bother to answer, stick to your general briefings. There's a silent majority here that truly enjoys the game - even though with bugs and exploits - and you have our support.
    Here here and well said!! :)
  • Options
    lazenbylazenby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Chill your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> brats , if you don't like the Open Beta wait untill launch and then play the game .

Please define what a Beta is and then define what a "launch" constitutes. Then slap yourself for saying something this stupid.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    OP, you should be ashamed of yourself, you ignorant, egotistical, spoilt piece of **** from the instant gratification generation. If you look back at this post 20 years from now, I bet you'll feel incredibly embarrassed. And rightly so. ****.

This company is very good at manipulating the player base. I'm a grown man, probably older than alot of the posters on here. The OP isn't that far off base. These guys know how to appease the idiots.
    - Tell people the game is still in a testing phase and problems are to be expected...no wipe though. (Ever buy a toaster that was still in a "testing phase"?)
    - You give them shiny objects to take up more bag space. (Bag space costs money in this game. They will actually profit by giving people these items.)
    - You respond to all of their little questions and comments on Facebook/Twitter. (Imagine if these people were actually reading the trouble tickets instead.)
    - You give players an achievement for "surviving" their screw up. (That is the best one. Way to go players! You passed the test! You are still playing a game that will most likely continue to disappoint you!)

I like the game, but the PR bull-excrement just really rubs me the wrong way. Just shoot me straight and tell everyone that you succumbed to the usual industry pressure to push out a game that wasn't ready. The F2P money grab is the current industry trend.
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Our plan is to continually fix bugs, investigate reports of exploitation, and follow-up as needed to ensure that Neverwinter is an amazing game that everyone can enjoy.

uhhhh shouldnt this all have been completed before you opened the game to the public? or open zen market and started taking money?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No one can legitimately demand a functioning product, as no promise, implied or otherwise, of a functioning product has been given by the developer or publisher. And also because it's a free product, of course (any Zen purchased only grants you exactly that, Zen, nothing else, including a functioning product).

Holy dumb...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No, that's why they're still calling it beta.

Whether or not you find that acceptable is irrelevant — no one forced you to play and/or pay for this game.

You can call a penguin a duck as much as you want...it's still not a duck at the end of the day.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    coldtzatzikicoldtzatziki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the OP: You are aware that this is a BETA right? Where all manner of bad things can happen? Its in he EULA which I am sure you read to the last letter. Ok...a rollback sucks. But...it is a remote danger of a BETA version. Heck, sometimes it happens to already established MMOs...cough cough*.

As far as the attitude is concerned...I was on twitter then, following #neverwinterGame...and we got replies and feedback every 10 minutes. That was AMAZING attitude on their part. And good comms is 50% of success.

I do hope you regained your progress. But it is a BETA...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Instead of calling names, how about you attempt to refute what I said?

Or are you too… dumb for that?

There's nothing to refute. You just said that people are buying a make-believe currency for a virtual world and the functionality of that world is unimportant to the value of the virtual currency. What should I refute in that statement that isn't obvious? Did you even read what you typed? Did it make sense to you?
  • Options
    drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013

Please note that we understand that the pack does not excuse any errors on our part. The purpose of the pack is for us to demonstrate our gratitude to our players who stuck with us, reported issues, and demonstrated patience while we sorted out Sundays issues.

We do understand that both lost progress and the inability to play for several hours on Sunday were both major inconveniences and acknowledge that an item cannot earn immediate forgiveness. Our plan is to continually fix bugs, investigate reports of exploitation, and follow-up as needed to ensure that Neverwinter is an amazing game that everyone can enjoy. That is what we plan on doing to show our community how committed we are to operating an amazing game.

Gratitude would usually come in the form of something people want, not this useless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. With that being said, I guess your gratitude is not as important as your cash shop. Plenty of items in there that people would have been overjoyed with, but you choose this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2) doesn't go to all the characters on my account just the ones that were created prior to the incident.

Because they were the only characters affected by the rollback.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drillsgt69 wrote: »
    hahaha this just keeps getting better and better. Man, this company is ****ing terrible.

I see you are still here. Glutton
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A penguin can never be also a duck at the same time.

A game can be in beta and live at the same time.

Again, you can disagree, or find it unacceptable, but this game is in beta because the developers consider it to be in beta, and nothing you say is going to change how the game is regarded by the developers. You can choose to ignore the game's official status and cry foul when things go wrong, but you only owe that frustration/disappointment to yourself.

The premise of your logic is deeply flawed. Things are either complete or they are not complete. If you sell a product or service, it should no longer be in a development cycle.

This product is incomplete. Correct functionality of fundamental systems does not exist. It is being sold regardless. Do not go back to the garbage of saying that they are not selling it because it is "free to play". They have accepted money from players for in-game items in services, that constitutes sale of the product.
    "
    They are calling it "beta" because it is incomplete. The fact is that they "launched" the game the day they made it available for download to everyone and started accepting money for in-game content. If there is a future date that they say the game is "launched", then that announcement is important in ceremony only and holds no purposeful meaning other than that.

There is a difference between reality and perception. The goal of the developer is to manipulate the public's perception of their product to maximize profits, whether that be for the long or short term. Everything they do is in pursuit of that goal. The goal of business is to maximize profits. Please rid yourself of any naive illusions you hold to the contrary.
  • Options
    drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I see you are still here. Glutton

Yup, I love getting all the fanbois panties in a wad while at work. This is a throwaway account. My main was banned for chargeback. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drillsgt69 wrote: »
    Yup, I love getting all the fanbois panties in a wad while at work. This is a throwaway account. My main was banned for chargeback. :)

So you spend time on a game you were banned from and clearly do not enjoy? Like I said, glutton
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Looks like you misread, or misinterpreted what I stated. The fault is on your end, buddy. Try again.

I don't even think you know what you wrote. It is a horrible and incoherent post. Hence simply, "Holy dumb..."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lazenby wrote: »
    The premise of your logic is deeply flawed. Things are either complete or they are not complete. If you sell a product or service, it should no longer be in a development cycle.

Quite incorrect. An MMO by definition is never complete and always in a constant development cycle.

3/10
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Quite incorrect. An MMO by definition is never complete and always in a constant development cycle.

3/10

Did you even finish reading the post before you responded?