test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev's attitude towards the community

castertroyt79castertroyt79 Member Posts: 58
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Some people loves the compensation, but some other hates it. I fall into the second group...not so much about the useless items, but more so on the attitude of the developers toward the players.

What this recent compensation is telling me is:"Dear player, as you've all known, we've recently experienced a sh*tstorm, and we are doing all we can to rectify it. As much as we would like to avoid it, we've found that the best course of action was a rollback. We understand that players had put in efforts during these time on their characters, and the progress and all the gains during that time is lost...as an expression of our apologies and sincerity, here's a piece of candy."

So...do they take us as kids (come to think of it...I think many of them are)? I think the act of giving a meaningless compensation is worst than not giving anything at all. Are they trying to mock us? It's like you accidentally tripping an old lady, and as a sign of apology, you just drop off a "sorry" and a baseball card which is of no value to her.

Yes, you've screwed up big...the damage control is going to be continuous as you find and prosecute the exploiters. To me, as long as the economy is generally not affected too much by this exploit, I'll be content with that...so I'm not with those that ask for a full wipe that affects the effort of ALL players just because of a small subset of exploiters (in which a majority of the problem is fixed by the rollback). Would you amputate your whole arm just because of an infection on a finger? Or are these people just jealous? I agree that exploiters should be prosecuted...but I also believe that the other law abiding players should not be penalized just for the sake of prosecution to satisfy the fury of a small group of players.

Having said that, we are all affected by the rollback. Would it be that hard to give us something that is actually useful/meaningful to us? Those asking for a ward is just being selfish...because you'll probably only find it useful at max level. I would suggest something that everyone needs...AD would be great. Other than that, a respec token. Both are free to the developers...I just can't see why are they being so stingy about it.

As I've stated in my title, this shows the developer's attitude towards this game and the community...and for one, I'm just going to discard the compensation pack. This is a great game...but because of the developer's attitude, and the way the zen/AD store item is priced (subject to debate), I will probably not spend a single dime on this game.
Post edited by castertroyt79 on

Comments

• Options
    theshadowbroker1theshadowbroker1 Banned Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [content deleted by Admin]
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    before anyone say anything, if you done this, this is not exploit, this is a CHEATING. thats why I said not to post it. nothing wrong with the stamina on client side. bite me, exploit it without 3rd party program? omg ...
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    i dont even know what to say with people actually posting how to break this game.

neverwinter, RIP
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for sharing your feedback, castertroyt!

Please note that we understand that the pack does not excuse any errors on our part. The purpose of the pack is for us to demonstrate our gratitude to our players who stuck with us, reported issues, and demonstrated patience while we sorted out Sundays issues.

We do understand that both lost progress and the inability to play for several hours on Sunday were both major inconveniences and acknowledge that an item cannot earn immediate forgiveness. Our plan is to continually fix bugs, investigate reports of exploitation, and follow-up as needed to ensure that Neverwinter is an amazing game that everyone can enjoy. That is what we plan on doing to show our community how committed we are to operating an amazing game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    [Content Removed by Admin]
  • Options
    thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    ^danng brooo shots fired
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've already posted in dozens of threads. I just hope that this exploit gets more public attention.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    [Content Removed by Admin]
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately based on what we saw with the AH exploit the only way to get it fixed is it make it public lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep but let's make sure nobody knows how to do it because then they might have to WORK. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    azuregateazuregate Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Unfortunately based on what we saw with the AH exploit the only way to get it fixed is it make it public lol.

Pretty much.

It's funny that the community admin encourages us to privately send in tickets of the exploits, when all they've done with the tickets thus far is repeatedly lose them and ignore them. Great help that was!
  • Options
    xrennybxrennyb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How does a cat theme'd statless cloak change the fact that i lost 6 tokens? How does that even come close to making up for it. I definitely see where op is coming from. Getting a bunch of items im never going to use was not worth the progress I made. As a newer player, but also as a customer, I think this is ridiculous. This is just bad business.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    there is no MMO free from cheats and exploits, admins and GMs just need to be ready for it. from the way of it they are simply not ready on everything, the game itself, the exploiter, the whinner, the cheater, etc. and when those came, the way it was like a storm. one of the FTP that i like is Cabal, they post notice on the game who they ban that day, and it happen everyday, bad game cause exploit is easy? no, because the GMs is ready for "the storm", while here, I dont think so
  • Options
    homicidalyahtzeehomicidalyahtzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azuregate wrote: »
    Pretty much.

It's funny that the community admin encourages us to privately send in tickets of the exploits, when all they've done with the tickets thus far is repeatedly lose them and ignore them. Great help that was!

Also this. I think making it known on other gaming websites will just have to be the way. The problem is, as I said before, is that we, as "beta testers" are being punished for doing what is expected in a beta: finding and reporting bugs. In-game exploitation is to be expected. If they aren't going to roll accounts back when these major exploits are discovered and abused, then the game shouldn't be labeled as a beta and just say it was a buggy, soft launch. Then I could at least understand where they're coming from.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Please note that we understand that the pack does not excuse any errors on our part. The purpose of the pack is for us to demonstrate our gratitude to our players who stuck with us, reported issues, and demonstrated patience while we sorted out Sundays issues.

We do understand that both lost progress and the inability to play for several hours on Sunday were both major inconveniences and acknowledge that an item cannot earn immediate forgiveness. Our plan is to continually fix bugs, investigate reports of exploitation, and follow-up as needed to ensure that Neverwinter is an amazing game that everyone can enjoy. That is what we plan on doing to show our community how committed we are to operating an amazing game.

While as part of the playerbase I appreciate the effort to try to give an elegant response from part of the Devs to the OP, I think that it's unnecesary and you're just giving in to his game.

They don't care about how hard you guys try. They'll always think you're lazy, greedy or short-sighted. These players think that they are entitled enough to run a MMORPG with all the challenges involved and can give answers to problems that even though may take weeks or a month in the real world, in their imagination this only takes seconds.

If you give them Healthstones, bad, they wanted Celestial Coins. If you give them both, they wanted a Cat too! And AD. And Zen. Oh, but now there's too much free Zen, so mine's worth less! Fix it, Cryptic! And...

I'm aware of the reasoning behind trying to keep things in the dark and trying to not show too much closeness towards players in the forums. I've seen it in many games, Devs and Community Managers ending up being eaten alive by hungry trolls. If you see this kind of threads that are obviously a rant and don't offer anything constructive, just ignore them. Don't bother to answer, stick to your general briefings. There's a silent majority here that truly enjoys the game - even though with bugs and exploits - and you have our support.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chill your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> brats , if you don't like the Open Beta wait untill launch and then play the game .
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    ehhhhhh im quiting with this forums,so many stupid spoiled brats that dont understand anything but are quick to judge pissing me off.When u learn what is meaning of OB come complain here.OB is nothing more then a test for massive players.Game is not done yet,its same thing as CB just open for massive testing.So annoying....
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sallee132 wrote: »
    ehhhhhh im quiting with this forums,so many stupid spoiled brats that dont understand anything but are quick to judge pissing me off.When u learn what is meaning of OB come complain here.OB is nothing more then a test for massive players.Game is not done yet,its same thing as CB just open for massive testing.So annoying....

Don't leave the rest of us good guys who understand this dude :D
    Keep on fighting the good fight!!
  • Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another exploit? Oo dont feel safe -.-
    nothing to see here
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Don't leave the rest of us good guys who understand this dude :D
    Keep on fighting the good fight!!

The forums are not about fighting good fights. They are about giving feedback. Fighting with disgruntled community members only gives them fuel to continue. If you feel a post needs to be moderated, there is a report function for that.
  • Options
    kyxoankyxoan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

What about people that spent thousands of dollars on your product to support you during your beta that were wrongly banned in this blanket sweep? When can I expect a response to my ticket, a phone call or an email from you?
  • Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    Well then, I guess you're going to be the one who makes Cryptic answer my previous question: What's the ETA on the exploit so I know when I can PvP once more.

i would like also a eta when pvp its exploit free.
    nothing to see here
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So...do they take us as kids (come to think of it...I think many of them are)? I think the act of giving a meaningless compensation is worst than not giving anything at all.

You know why it wasn't meaningless to me? Because someone actually had to spend some time making that cloak and it made me and my wife laugh.
  • Options
    mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I've stated in my title, this shows the developer's attitude towards this game and the community...and for one, I'm just going to discard the compensation pack. This is a great game...but because of the developer's attitude, and the way the zen/AD store item is priced (subject to debate), I will probably not spend a single dime on this game.

If this is a BETA, don't spend any money in it. And be prepared to be wiped any time. And test, search and exploit --- so that does not come up in the real game.

If it is not an open BETA any longer, the admins have clearly pronounce it. And after that, they are responsible for any real money and time loss.

This in between thing they do now is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. You cannot ban someone, who is exploiting a known bug! Head-> Table.

I await a statment from the admins/marketing. Is this a beta, or is this the real deal now?

In my oppinion it looks like greed won over brain. Not a good start, if I may say so.

... and stop deleting posts with exploits. Fix them instead. Do your job. It's totaly useless to delete them, we can still find them, because google is our friend. :D
  • Options
    khazaadkhazaad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Geezus.. . This post has got to be the most epic whiny diatribe in the history of gaming. You sound like a little brat. I've unregretfully spent $200 so far and don't suffer an ounce of the indignity this community is ravished by. Just stop playing if you want to teach em a lesson.

Where does this sense of entitlement come from anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its more of a players attitude towards the devs you should be posting about.

They gave us a token to show us they are sorry this happened. They did not have to give anyone anything at all, I do not see why everyone is whining as that is all you are doing.

The prices of the ZEN store i agree with completely, its a joke and needs something happening to it, 35 euros for a horse that give 110% speed increase and looks pretty not a chance!!! I have bought ships in STO before and really don't mind buying them as there pretty cool you get bank space its got multiple uses likes help play the game better for one! but a dam horse get real PWE! add some cannons which i can shot stuff with on the journey and some side bags then yeah sure I will buy one!

but I do not agree with the compensation issue, as at the end of the day they did not have to give nothing.
  • Options
    lordhordelordhorde Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    I was angry too at the rollback because I lost progress on my character. But if it wasn`t for the cheaters doing what they did it wouldn`t even have happened. Most game companies won`t give you anything for downtime or a rollback except credit your subscription for the downtime or give you a double exp weekend. I`m not sure what people were expecting to get as a reward for completing the server downtime quest. But I got more then I thought I would because I expected nothing from it.
  • Options
    breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    While as part of the playerbase I appreciate the effort to try to give an elegant response from part of the Devs to the OP, I think that it's unnecesary and you're just giving in to his game.

They don't care about how hard you guys try. They'll always think you're lazy, greedy or short-sighted.

+1

Reality Check: Complaining and whining IS THEIR GAME. :) It's fun for them. Nothing can be done about it, other than to ignore.
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »

QFT

And most experienced players knows this to be true...for many games.
  • Options
    tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As this is still an OPEN BETA, they did not have to give you anything at all . Stop your *****ing about nothing, don't play? Your the typ of person who probly treats your mother like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..