test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trading review for review!

tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Announcement:Hello everyone. Has I am going into vacation, I'll have less time to review for the next couple weeks (I'll take the laptop but I won't play as much) - also for every review I manage to make, 2 or 3 requests pop out Since it takes some time to run them, I'll stop accepting new request for now - until I have the pending list a lot smaller ^_^

The list is pilling up faster then I can make it go down, so it is better this way ^_^

Thanks for your understanding \(>^.^)>
Hello good folks,

I am searching for authors to trade reviews with. Just leave your quest info here and i'll review it as soon as possible. I will probably duo it with my bf, so you actually get 2 reviews, unless you state your quest is solo only.

I do not expect a free 5* rating nor will i give one, i'll try to be as fair as possible and you have to earn your 5* :-)

I will update this post with the reviews done and will give priority to those who reviewed mine.

Don't forget to leave a url to your forum thread, should you have one, or your quest will be reviewed here.

I would appreciate the following format:

Short code:
Name:
Author:
Est. Time:
Url:

So without futher ado, i present you my first foundry project:

Short code: NW-DLNI2LJDW
Name: Tale of a key-losing Rat
Author: @tabris82
Est. Time: 23 min. Solo mode.
Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?271511-UGC-Tale-of-a-key-losing-Rat

Thanks!

List of quest to review:

Quests with a * will have priority as they already reviewed mine.

Name: Ravenlyn Caverns
Short Code: NW-DG3HR33SM

Name: Breyor's Quest
Short code: NW - DUYZJ7L88

Name: Misplaced Elf
Short code: NW-DJNTSJAKY

Name: The Thamus Blade:
Short Code: NWS-DACTUKWMX

Name: Weird Fiction: Strangers in a Strange Time
Short code: NW-DGFAS6T87

Name: ??
Short code: NWS-DNSXY8Z2F

Name: the house of riddles
Short Code: NW-DSMYYRKKJ

The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL

Name: Mage Masher
Short code:NW-DKYGGYPUE

Name: The start to an Adventure
Shore code: NW-DDHZ6M5F3

Name: Drunken Ogres
Short Code: NW-DISAVV5UH

*Name: Scarlet Inferno
*Short code: NW-DQS8RLS9M

Name: Dwarven Dilemma - The Wobbly Leg
Short code: NW-DTNZTFYDS

Short code: NW-DKAC7SJEW
Name: Canyon of the Dead

*Short code: NW-DJS69CYZ9
*Name: Whispers - prologue to the Following the whispers. campaign.

Short code: NW-DF4G5MYRG
Name: Knowledge is Power

Short code: NW-DUAGFE2R9
Name: Hey! What Happened to My Pigs!?

Already reviewed:

Name: Tomb of Wernar
Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

Name: Crumorn the Spiked
Short Code: NW-DCDX6KMED

Name: The cry of the past
Short Code: NW-DDJJA7X98

Name: The bones of Xunvrae
Short Code: NWS-DNNZST5FJ

Name: Easy Coin... Right?
Code: NW-DFGF2UXQH

Name: Eye For An Eye
Short code: NWS-DMPKD7OPD

Name: Rezade and the Ruins
Short code: NW-DDTRJVWYB

Name: Any cave can lead to adventure!
Short code: NW-DQF4T7QYH

Name: 3 Suns Aligned
Short code: NW-DFEKZANXF

Name: A Nobleman's Request
Short code: NW-DIYMYKKVY

Name: Holy Symbol of Khyber
Short Code: NW-DU3HEVWJ7

Name: Ballad of Philippe the Flapjack
Short code: NW-DMBIGH2HF

Name: The Blackwood Scourge - R2
Short code: NW-DFILSBT75

Name: The Three Brothers Act 1
Short code: NW-DCL7EAYAJ

Name: Save my Friend - PYNDE
Short code: NW-DMUA6J64E

Name: Descent Into Madness
Short Code: ??

Name: Chapter 1: The Abandoned Mines?
Short code: NW-DHD2OVVYC

Name: Combat by Choice
Short code: NW-DL7DFRIEF

Name: The Fear That Freeze
Short Code: NW-DNUZSYEEY
Post edited by tabris82 on

Comments

• tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shameless bump!

No one has any foundry quest that need reviewing? I would be available right now for one or two ^_^
  • keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me me me!

Name: Tomb of Wernar
    Author: @Lya
    Est. Time: 10-15 minutes
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?270941-UGC-Tomb-of-Wernar-Feedback-Thread

EDIT: I'm honestly quite curious to see what happens if you duo my quest. It was intended to be possible, but I had no one to test it out with!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, just finished your quest. Actually had to do it twice because my bf zoned before i could finish to rate it /rage (but i managed to try some other options, like surrendering xD)

Anyway, the story is very nice and original but i found some issues:

The boy magician and most dialogs had no animation, so they are just static the whole time.

After speaking with the boy magician, the quest say go to the tomb of Damara instead of Wernar.

Near the Orc taskmistress, before the attack, you have drudge 1 (twice) and drudge 2 (twice too).

The door with before the boar doesnt dissapear nor it is physical, you dont have to actually interact with it, just pass.

If you surrender you get stuck on the wall, since you can reclick the object, i managed to fall into the room the third time. it was a nice touch, but maybe you could add an emergency exit there, like an orb instead of us just clicking the minimap to leave.

While playing at 2, the person without the flute will not see the orbs, its not a big problem though.

When i gave food to the boar, he just ate and nothing changed, quite dissapointing.

----/

I killed all the other mobs so i dont know if using their object would change anything.

I did not dive into the well.

----/

I saw that you reviewed mine. Thanks alot!
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will try your quest out. Mine is in my sig.

Edit:
    Short code: Check sig
    Name: A Nobleman's Request
    Author: @Senatis
    Est. Time: Avg. 20 minutes, solo
    Url: Check sig
  • todocaldotodocaldo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll gladly try yours either this evening or tomorrow. I'll edit this post with a review.

I would appreciate any help in escaping Review Hell

Code: NW-DFGF2UXQH
    Name: Easy Coin... Right?
    Est time: 16 minutes
    Url: none yet
    Handle: @todocaldo

REVIEW: 5/5 stars

Wow really nice job. Great story and challenging combat. Loved the extra touches you put in like the difficulty sliders, the lore, and the use of other tricks. Gave me some thoughts for my own! Just some minor critiques regarding grammar and spelling but that is all I have to poke at. Well done!
  • keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loved it!

Pros:
    It was so well tied into Protector's Enclave that it felt like an extension of the game!
    The use of glowing crystals and fungus in the cave map literally blew me away.
    Loved the twists and turns in the plot.
    Adjustable combat difficulty is totally a plus!

Cons:
    Minor typos in a few places
    The knife you need to cut yourself with is a bit tough to use. I had to fiddle around with it before I could interact with it!

Great work overall!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
    edited May 2013
    keylord02 wrote: »
    Loved it!

Pros:
    It was so well tied into Protector's Enclave that it felt like an extension of the game!
    The use of glowing crystals and fungus in the cave map literally blew me away.
    Loved the twists and turns in the plot.
    Adjustable combat difficulty is totally a plus!

Cons:
    Minor typos in a few places
    The knife you need to cut yourself with is a bit tough to use. I had to fiddle around with it before I could interact with it!

Great work overall!

Thanks alot!

The next 2 quest will be reviewed tomorrow morning. ^_^
  • atiaxiatiaxi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    My quest is in my signature - it's about a half hour and should be soloable (definitely let me know if it isn't!)

Overall, this was a nice quest. The plot is good, the combat fun, and I can easily tell how it'll hook into potential sequels. More specific notes / bugs:

- Initial task to find the job board has no trail or marker. That's not a problem for us because everyone in this forum likely knows where they are, but random people won't :)

- Brazier's interact text is "Press F to You throw the"

- The objective tells me to follow the instructions on the scroll, but the (unbloodied) scroll doesn't have any instructions, just a description

- Dagger's interact text is "Press F to You cut yourself with the dagger"

- Madame Irma's Notebook interact text is just the general "Press F to interact"

- I like the tracking portions :) (I do something similar in my mission)

- Transition to cave is default "Go to next map"

- Why am I going into the cave even after the wolves told me nothing was there? Overall the plot to this module is nice, but this part in particular feels a little railroaded. It'd help if e.g. your follow-up conversation with the wererat had him absolutely insist that they took it.

- I like the ability to set a difficulty (I picked easy, as I'm solo)

- nice use of sniper areas!

- transition out of cave also has default "Go to next map"

- Madame irma's last conversation says "The moon elf moves her head", but my earlier conversations said she was a Drow.

The only thing holding this quest back, in my opinion, is the writing. I don't mean offense by this, but: It seems that you're not a native english speaker. I say this because there are a *lot* of mistakes I noticed. I wrote down as many corrections as I could and I'd be happy to PM them to you if you'd like, but in general it could really use a thorough proofreading.
    --
    My foundry campaign "In Thrall to the God of Rage":
    Crumorn the Spiked: NW-DCDX6KMED
    Nerisatis the Cold: NW-DNIEWE95D
  • dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I will review your quest as soon as possible.

Here is mine:
    NW-DDJJA7X98 - The cry of the past - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256402-The-camp-and-bandits
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • jaqazjaqaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Ravenlyn Caverns
    NW-DG3HR33SM

First attempt at using the foundry. Simple storyline with some combat plus a few side quests. During testing it took about 20-25 minutes to complete. Please check it out and give a review. Leave your short code in review and I will return the favor.

Thanks,
    Jaqaz
  • dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I Just played your quest and I really like it!
    Really good job with enviroments, effects and dialogues! It made it so alive!
    Only one note - you have interaction text between maps "Go to next map"
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will happily trade reviews with you.

Review on "Tale of a key-losing Rat"

Reviewed 21st May 2013, in game comment / rating left.

That was a fantastic quest! Really did enjoy everything about it 5/5.

1. Story: Very well written
    2. Dialog: Good dialog, lots of optional information to be found. Plenty of attention to detail
    3. Level design: Great! All the levels were well thought out, also not left blank! Plenty of details added.
    4. Interaction with objects: a few interactions are slightly to long (maybe set them to medium) with no animation.
    5. Combat: Some of mobs can be easily avoided. Fights are well placed and well planned, good variety of monsters with custom skins.

My quest

Campaign: Resurrection of Xunvrae (4 parts)
    Quest Name: The bones of Xunvrae
    Author: Elimgarak83
    Tags: Story, Explore, Combat
    Tested: 14 GWF, 60 CW, 60 DC, 29 CW
    Avg Duration: 45 minutes (solo)
    Quest forum post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?235592-Resurrection-of-Xunvrae
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • howitzer29howitzer29 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got one for you to try out, too.

Short code: NW-DDTRJVWYB
    Name: Rezade and the Ruins
    Author: @howitzer29
    Est. Time: 45 minutes

I look forward to checking out your quest.
    edited May 2013
    Hello, reviewed another quest (he already reviewed mine so he got priority as i said prior).

Name: Crumorn the Spiked
    Short Code: NW-DCDX6KMED

The quest had nice dialogs and plenty of options. The whole ambient looked sparcely decorated though. While the "road to Neverwinter" was fine, the village and the cave felt very underwelming. The combat pace was ok but the mobs were just waiting there. Crumorn the Spiked and his hands were running around on the big last cave, it felt really wierd.

Could become a very nice quest with a bit of work on the environment and the mobs (a bit of chat or very small wander radius to make them feel alive). Since Woodfall was created on a plain, its very noticeable that its just planted there as you notice the horizon without any trees or mountains.

Also the road to neverwinter was quite illuminated, i ended not being sure if it was day or night (although the sky was very dark).

I did not find typos or any errors (but then again english is not my first language), although the first talk with Dreus felt a bit static, he never moved (might be the feeling you want to convey though).

Just adding that my bf though very odd that both the caves entrance and exit led to the same place since they were on different places inside the cave - just letting you know (i had no real issue with this).

Good quest, the dialog alone was enough to know something suspicious was going on with the "church"!
    edited May 2013
    atiaxi wrote: »
    My quest is in my signature - it's about a half hour and should be soloable (definitely let me know if it isn't!)

Overall, this was a nice quest. The plot is good, the combat fun, and I can easily tell how it'll hook into potential sequels. More specific notes / bugs:

- Initial task to find the job board has no trail or marker. That's not a problem for us because everyone in this forum likely knows where they are, but random people won't :)

- Brazier's interact text is "Press F to You throw the"

- The objective tells me to follow the instructions on the scroll, but the (unbloodied) scroll doesn't have any instructions, just a description

- Dagger's interact text is "Press F to You cut yourself with the dagger"

- Madame Irma's Notebook interact text is just the general "Press F to interact"

- I like the tracking portions :) (I do something similar in my mission)

- Transition to cave is default "Go to next map"

- Why am I going into the cave even after the wolves told me nothing was there? Overall the plot to this module is nice, but this part in particular feels a little railroaded. It'd help if e.g. your follow-up conversation with the wererat had him absolutely insist that they took it.

- I like the ability to set a difficulty (I picked easy, as I'm solo)

- nice use of sniper areas!

- transition out of cave also has default "Go to next map"

- Madame irma's last conversation says "The moon elf moves her head", but my earlier conversations said she was a Drow.

The only thing holding this quest back, in my opinion, is the writing. I don't mean offense by this, but: It seems that you're not a native english speaker. I say this because there are a *lot* of mistakes I noticed. I wrote down as many corrections as I could and I'd be happy to PM them to you if you'd like, but in general it could really use a thorough proofreading.

Thank you! i'll correct it as soon as possible. I'll reread everything as closely as possible, but since english is not my first language i might miss some. Your review is very helpful! (of course if you would send me anything you noticed, it would be very very appreciated)

I reviewed yours above.
  • scillaenscillaen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, thanks for setting up this thread and hope you enjoy my quest!!!

Short code:NW - DUYZJ7L88
    Name: Breyor's Quest
    Author: scillaen
    Est. Time: 24 mins
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?256572-I-made-a-thing!!!-First-time-Foundry-DM-looking-for-feedback

Thanks again for being awesome!!!
    Try my Foundry mission - Breyor's Quest: NW - DUYZJ7L88

Its an amusing tale of missing cloaks, terribly named villains and a fountain of blood.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short code: NW-DHD2OVVYC
    Name: Chapter 1: The Abandoned Mines?
    Author: @Vold316
    Est. Time: 28 minutes.

The quest already has a review, which i consider is not fair at all, i'm really pissed about it. So, please be fair.
    Some stuff you should know before than reviewing it:
    + The background sound does not work because it is a self-made map, also some sound effects with the exception of those built-in gameobejects will not work either.
    + I removed some of the objective minimap markers, and that is intended to increase the difficulty of the quest, so do not consider it a bug.
    + The foundry has limitations, so keep that in mind.
    + SPOILER ALERT: The tunnels are is meant to be a little annoying. But if you use your brain and the map, it will not be a problem at all.
    + The first review is a troll.

Thanks, i will now review your quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
    edited May 2013
    dugada wrote: »
    Hey, I Just played your quest and I really like it!
    Really good job with enviroments, effects and dialogues! It made it so alive!
    Only one note - you have interaction text between maps "Go to next map"

Thank you for your review.

Yours was reviewed as well on your thread! Very nice effects, loved the storm ^_^
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so i reviewed 2 more quests, i'll review one more tonight (probably The bones of Xunvrae as the author already reviewed mine).

^_^
  • ryaskryask Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a campaign with 2 out of 3 parts up and completed. Looking specifically for feedback on Part 1. looking forward to hearing some constructive feedback and getting some reviews. Also plan on checking out some of the quests posted here as well thanks!

Short code: NWS-DMPKD7OPD
    Name: Eye For An Eye
    Author: @ryask
    Est. Time: 20mins
    Url: don't have one yet
    edited May 2013
    I will happily trade reviews with you.

Review on "Tale of a key-losing Rat"

Reviewed 21st May 2013, in game comment / rating left.

That was a fantastic quest! Really did enjoy everything about it 5/5.

1. Story: Very well written
    2. Dialog: Good dialog, lots of optional information to be found. Plenty of attention to detail
    3. Level design: Great! All the levels were well thought out, also not left blank! Plenty of details added.
    4. Interaction with objects: a few interactions are slightly to long (maybe set them to medium) with no animation.
    5. Combat: Some of mobs can be easily avoided. Fights are well placed and well planned, good variety of monsters with custom skins.

My quest

Campaign: Resurrection of Xunvrae (4 parts)
    Quest Name: The bones of Xunvrae
    Author: Elimgarak83
    Tags: Story, Explore, Combat
    Tested: 14 GWF, 60 CW, 60 DC, 29 CW
    Avg Duration: 45 minutes (solo)
    Quest forum post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?235592-Resurrection-of-Xunvrae

Loved your quest, its reviewed on your thread. Some typos and stuff but very nice story, had a blast. Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    Tabris82 I spent 3 hours trying to find your quest! There has got to be a better way, are you are on Mindflayer? I was thinking that maybe, since i assume you have your own quest located, we could just join a party and share our foundry quests with each other so neither of us has to search for hours to find the quests. As you know the "for review" section doesn't have a search function at all, and a quest isn't searchable until it has a certain amount of plays and moves to the "new" section which neither yours nor mine has.
    edited May 2013
    Hello ryask, just copy the short code into the best quests tab, it will appear.

Since the new only has new and ours dont qualify yet, it wont show there on the search, but on the first tab it will.
    edited May 2013
    tabris82 wrote: »
    Hello ryask, just copy the short code into the best quests tab, it will appear.

Since the new only has new and ours dont qualify yet, it wont show there on the search, but on the first tab it will.

AH HA! You are a life savor! Thank you i'm going to do yours now!
  • br0dymanbr0dyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short code:NW-DJNTSJAKY
    Name:Misplaced Elf
    Author:@br0dyman
    Est. Time: 16 minutes?
    Url:http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?277941-Misplaced-Elf
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Short code: NW-DQF4T7QYH
    Name: Any cave can lead to adventure!
    Author: @Voltrono
    Est. Time: 25 min
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?260931-Calling-All-Intrepid-Heroes!
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • br0dymanbr0dyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Tabris,

Just ran through your quest. I was really impressed with the level of detail you put into it. A lot of fun encounters happened, nice work.

My minor notes that I would say, I'd love to have something to interact with, even if its just leaves or something for the tracks. I don't see anything specifically to interact with, got confusing.

The wolf encounter fight was amazing. Very impressed with it. I did die though, and since its gated off, my pet had a hard time returning for me for that fight.

Story wise, it was kind of frustrating as a player to do all that work in the wolf area, open 4 chests that looked like something I would get loot out of, finding nothing, not even the key. Just felt like an ownership loss.

Anyway, awesome job. :)
    edited May 2013
    Wonderful! I left a review/critigue on your URL thread
    edited May 2013
    Also Tabris, it didnt pop up the review + tip window when I finished... so ... ugh, ill run through it again :P
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Tabris, I ran your quest and have to say that while I enjoyed it, it certainly had some issues that held it back from being as good as it could have been. An amazing potential that just falls short of being above and beyond and ends up being rather average. It felt very CRPGish, especially with the reliance on looping dialog to explain "everything" but it also makes it feel less like a dialog/conversation and more like a checklist of information.

Here are a few notes I took while playing through it, by no means are all of these things that need to change but are based on my point of view:

By using Protector's Enclave so much the quest runs afoul of the issue of dropping out of the quest log. I was forced to relog twice due to this issue before continuing the quest.

Lots of grammar issues, including but not limited to incorrect use of the lower case i, failing to pluralize certain words, ending sentences in a preposition, etc. There are also a good deal of spelling errors, overall feels as if all interact and dialog should have been run through a word processor with spelling and grammar checks.

The use of certain words, for example peregrination, will be WELL beyond the scope of the average player. In the BEST of circumstances those players will look it up, in the worst you will have failed to reach them at all leaving them unaware or unsure of what is going on.

Blue Crystal key prompt is cut off to read "read about", this is a very confusing prompt to receive and is assumed to be a mistake.

The looping style of your dialogs is in theme with many other RPG's. I would suggest in order to stand out have each dialog tree disable it'self for repeat. This can be achieved by a "disappear when" set to the end of a particular explination, so that even when the dialog loops that option is already hidden.

Use of regular doors in the cave lead to clipping issues where you could see through walls as well as an immersion break, especially due to the fact the rolling boulder door is available.

The combat in the wolf den feels very forced and padded, I feel like I'm being "delayed" simply to extend the quest rather than fighting for a reason. This is most notable in situations where patrols are placed in order to force stacked encounters where the difficulty while still remaining manageable suddenly spikes.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!