test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trading review for review!

13»

Comments

• tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short code: NW-DMBIGH2HF
    Name: Ballad of Philippe the Flapjack
    Author: @pellonpekko45
    Est. Time: 16 min and can be duo-ed

I will run your quest after work today and write a review.

I thought the quest was ok but given the weird setup involved I would have expected more humor, and in the end it did not hit the mark for me. It could use more polishing. You enter the houses of weird mobs, try to kill them all, then their boss say "ok, take the flour/honey". How did they know it was was I wanted? Felt strange. I would have either spoke to them first then combat when they refused to give the goods, or at least in the end they would ask what I wanted.

The quest was functional, just found a typo:

Philippe the flapjack say alleivate instead of alleviate.

Also found weird when you ask if "that's legal?" and he answered "Thats the spirit" - was that intended or is there something missing?

I thought the combats was ok with a CW, mostly because there is the help of the guards.

Hope this helps!
  • xhanjiraxhanjira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am about to give yours a try. You can find mine here:

Name - Descent Into Madness
    Location - Protectors Enclave via a secret portal hidden in a trash pile
    Estimated Players - 2 but can most likely be soloed
    Estimated Time - 20-30 minutes
  • woundtwisterwoundtwister Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My new Foundry Quest is Drunken Ogres - NW-DISAVV5UH. I will be glad to take a look at the quests in this post as noted above. My quest is a dungeon crawl - hack and slash intended for 1-2 players.
  • tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played your quest a day or two ago now, see my review for my feedback. Care to give mine a shot? Curious to see how it will play with multiple players.

The Blackwood Scourge
    NW-DFILSBT75

I ran your quest, the writing is excellent and i really liked the animations you chose for the dialogs. I thought that the castle approach looked a little barren, the whole land under the bridge is totally empty.

There was also grass inside the hut before the gate to the courtyard (nitpicking), since it had a floor, I thought it looked weird. Also the last chest was floating in the air.

I did not find any aberrant typo but then again i am far from fluent. It was very enjoyable, the catapult and that type of interactions were a nice touch.

Sadly I ran it alone, only noticing later you specifically wanted to try it with a 1+ group, I'll rerun it later with my bf once I have the others quests from reviewers out of the way (they tend to stack up :D).

Good job and thanks!
    edited May 2013
    alucard060 wrote: »
    Hi, just finished updating my foundry dungeon and would love for you to check it out when you can. It's geared towards solo play, but it should still be fine with a partner.

Short code: NW-DCL7EAYAJ
    Name: The Three Brothers Act 1
    Author: @alucard060
    Est. Time: 19min
    Url: The Three Brothers Act 1

Very nice quest. I had a lot of fun and everything made sense. I liked the kobold god too :D

I found no mistakes other than "wont" instead of won't on an answer you give to the necromancer, but as you know I am the last person that could give grammar help ^_^

I had no problem at all with the teleports and your placement of props was very good (like the shield).
    The use of teleports to go back to the camp was a nice touch - i hadn't found any that was silent like the one you used.

We gave you 5*, well deserved ^_^
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Tabris, I just played (with joy) your adventure with my lvl 21 TR.
    As I have already briefly write on the review in-game, is really hard to say bad of your work. I enjoyed almost every aspect. The plot is fascinating and the characters are well characterized. I like the quests where you can feel yourself totally tided in the story. There's not really time to get bored once you entered into the cave (cleverly structured).
    I'm really curious to play subsequent acts or any other of yours creations :)

My quest is in signature. I would be grateful to see a review and listen to your suggestions
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tabris, I just finished your quest. I saw some minior issues with some encounters, and you probably know what I am talking about (attack animation, because of model modification). Anyways, I enjoyed all the dialogs, some of them were hilarious and well written, imo. Others would give you 5 stars, but I reserve that one for those which are rare and mind-blowing. I'd have given you 4,5 stars if I could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
    edited May 2013
    squallek wrote: »
    Hello ! : )

Short code: NW-DMUA6J64E
    Name: Save my Friend - PYNDE
    Author: Squall13ffpl
    Est. Time: ~16-25min hmm 2ppl (all mobs is on Hard mode :) )
    Url:

This is my first quest i just start learn this program :). Leave your code in review and i will do your quest ! :)

The paiinnn. Your quest had no story at all, just kill them, kill them, kill them. The gameplay is not even rewarding because your friend Pynde dies in the end. Since i duoed it, we managed to kill all the many encounters you placed and finish it but it was a pain.

The exterior was nicely decorated though (maybe its a pre-populated area?)

I think the point of this quest may have been to be a grind map, but even for that is doesn't really deliver. A total mix of mobs, boss fights are just stacked hard encounters (i played a cleric so i heal once, kite and my bf kill them), but you had something like 1 frost giant, 4 frost golems and 8 frost wolves, all in the same place - Its just not fun.

If its meant to be a real quest, there is much polishing to do. If its a grind map then it's just not my cup of tea, you'll have to ask others to rate it.

Hope this helps.
    edited May 2013
    xhanjira wrote: »
    I am about to give yours a try. You can find mine here:

Name - Descent Into Madness
    Location - Protectors Enclave via a secret portal hidden in a trash pile
    Estimated Players - 2 but can most likely be soloed
    Estimated Time - 20-30 minutes

The quest has potential, but the dialogs were really odd.

Most of the options given cancel the talk (objective fail or w/e its called), which made no sense.

You should really review the dialogs to correct this. Maybe you are unaware but you can link answers, so various positive answers can lead you to the same conclusion.

There were a few grammar mistakes here and there that i noticed.

The combats were pretty easy, but they fit the lore. Maybe do less mini objectives and have them take longer?

It was like going into a corridor, speaking with a spider - she tells me her story of how she was betrayed or w/e, then you kill the betrayer in the next room with an easy encounter. A few meters later, the next betrayed spider. I did not felt very engaged due to this plethora of little objectives - although some of them enhanced the main lore of the story.

I liked the decoration, it was nice - good job.

ideia: By the way the door leading directly into the big room with the Spider Queen was odd. Since you speak of a portal, maybe having the door at Protectors Enclave leading you to an abandoned house or something and inside in the basement have the portal or some kind of puzzle to activate this "lost" portal.

I hope this helps ^_^
    edited May 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    Short code: NW-DHD2OVVYC
    Name: Chapter 1: The Abandoned Mines?
    Author: @Vold316
    Est. Time: 28 minutes.

The quest already has a review, which i consider is not fair at all, i'm really pissed about it. So, please be fair.
    Some stuff you should know before than reviewing it:
    + The background sound does not work because it is a self-made map, also some sound effects with the exception of those built-in gameobejects will not work either.
    + I removed some of the objective minimap markers, and that is intended to increase the difficulty of the quest, so do not consider it a bug.
    + The foundry has limitations, so keep that in mind.
    + SPOILER ALERT: The tunnels are is meant to be a little annoying. But if you use your brain and the map, it will not be a problem at all.
    + The first review is a troll.

Thanks, i will now review your quest.

Just finished it! It was nice ^_^

I prefer when the quests offer a bit more dialog options, even if they are leading to the same result, just letting different personalities for different alts speak in a different way.

You could have something to remove the 2 key bits for the inventory, I don't like the clutter and I imagine other do not as well.

After a while teleporting from room to room got boring, they were pretty much alike - i found my way on the first try so i am not sure this is a maze or something.

I had already killed the goblin leader when i spoke to the orcs, you could add a dialog option for those that have the orc key to reflect that or something ^_^

Btw nice job on the explosion!

Hope this helps :D
  • baethulbaethul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey there it would be lovely if you two could take a crack at my foundry project, its my first release though so I hope all goes well >.<
    I'll take a look at your quest as soon as I've finished typing this out :)

Short code: NW-DQS8RLS9M
    Name: Scarlet Inferno
    Author: @baethul
    Est. Time: 60min (Group play 2~3)
    Url:http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?304522-New-Foundry-Quest-Scarlet-Inferno-seeking-reviews
  • visceralrevoltvisceralrevolt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excellent, happy to trade reviews as my own first publication is now live! :D

Short code: NW-DTNZTFYDS
    Name: Dwarven Dilemma - The Wobbly Leg
    Author: @revolting
    Est. Time: 45 minutes, strictly solo.
    Url: http://tinyurl.com/NW-DTNZTFYDS
    A Dwarven Dilemma Part 1 - The Wobbly Leg : NW-DTNZTFYDS @revolting
    Preview/Freedback thread:
    http://tinyurl.com/NW-DTNZTFYDS - Now eligible for Daily Quest!

A Dwarven Dilemma Part 2 - Luskan Delights : Coming soon!
  • plutovichplutovich Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happy and play your quest and review it. Will message or post it here. Mine is:

Short code: NW-DL7DFRIEF
    Name: Combat by Choice
    Author: @plutovich
    Est. Time: around 15 minutes
    Url: Dont have one for it yet

Hope you like it.

Just played your quest and i enjoyed it very much. Liked the way it started. The story was detailed with a lot of interactions and it felt original, many foundry quests seem repetitive with elements you have already seen while leveling your character, not yours, specialy the ghost wolf part. Keep creating more quests, i will follow you work :)
    edited May 2013
    plutovich wrote: »
    Happy and play your quest and review it. Will message or post it here. Mine is:

Short code: NW-DL7DFRIEF
    Name: Combat by Choice
    Author: @plutovich
    Est. Time: around 15 minutes
    Url: Dont have one for it yet

Hope you like it.

Just played your quest and i enjoyed it very much. Liked the way it started. The story was detailed with a lot of interactions and it felt original, many foundry quests seem repetitive with elements you have already seen while leveling your character, not yours, specialy the ghost wolf part. Keep creating more quests, i will follow you work :)

Hello, finished reviewing your quest (you were lucky, some were before you but yours was the quickest and we did not have lots of time today).

The story is interesting but the quest needs some polishing.

The house is very empty, well most of your decor are. Maybe place the respawn inside the fireplaces so they are not in the middle of the room.

You need to capitalize the "i", people will really downrate you for this, it's a huge deal for native speakers it seem (I had plenty of problems with this at the start)

Add paragraphs for your texts, they are very wall-of-text-ey :p

Part of your text is in [missioninfo] and the other is not, maybe just place some highlights in [missioninfo] and not whole text batches or at least there should be some consistency.

Why is the port a crystal in the middle of the room? why not just leave by the door? In fact most of your transitions are like so, they should be at doors and such, not braziers. This is not really a magical setup so banners and braziers made little sense. Also you can customize the text and not leave "go to the next map"

Morian estate, the table is in the air.

While the storyboard doesn't really accept branching, you can accomplish some of those things with "sidequests" outside of the storyboard. It would make a lot more sense. As an exemple I never spoke with joran about marrying his daughter but I was able to tell her I did.

You could accomplish this by making npc spawn and unspawn on dialog prompt, so if you talk about the wedding with him, a daughter resulting from this dialog option will spawn (and the other unspawn) with the according options.

Anyway, I liked the story but the decor and some of the execution need to be tinkered.

Hope this helps, good luck! :)
  • tnliverpooltnliverpool Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short code: NW-DKAC7SJEW
    Name: Canyon of the Dead
    Author: @tnliverpool
    Est. Time: 30-40 minutes, should be done two or three people.

This is my first foundry quest so I am looking for a lot of feedback. I have all ready spotted a few areas I need to tweak and fix, but I have played through it and nothing is stopping you from completion.

Just accepted your quest and heading out to do it now. I will repost when completed and give a review.

*****Edited after quest completion*****

Wow! The story was really nice I thought. At the end when you said English is not your native language you made me embarrassed at my wretched English.

I played solo as a 40 trickster thief with a tank companion, and then a cleric (tank leveled so I sent him off). None of the fights were too troubling other than the final Stormcaller wolf fight. Not bad really and was a good level of difficulty for a "boss" fight. Other fights seemed a bit easy so I think I might try the challenging mode next time. Oh, and the final fight after you get the key was anti-climatic. I know it was supposed to minions only, but maybe one guy in the fight should have been a bit tougher.

Map design was pretty good, first section of the cave was really nice. Second section, pass the boulder door was a little barren, but that may have been your plan as it had that mystical crystal cavern feel to it. The forest was nice and had some nice touches with the chickens and such, but there was very little ground clutter. No rocks, flowers, etc. Like I said, I have only finished one foundry mission so I am not 100% sure on all the details available, but a few more grasses or plants would be awesome (assuming you are not at the limit all ready).

Overall I really enjoyed the quest and will subscribe to it for sure! Can't wait to see the follow up quest.
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will run yours in a moment and update this post while I do so.

This would be mine;
    Short code: NW-DJS69CYZ9
    Name: Whispers - prologue to the Following the whispers. campaign.
    Author: @saerrael
    Est. Time: 15-20min
    Url: N/A

I'm especially looking for reviews of higher levels and lower dps classes on this.
    You can expect a hack&slash with light story and dialogue.

Review of NW-DLNI2LJDW.
    Run with Cleric, lvl 60, tank pet.

-The way the Young Commoner Girl speaks makes me think she is neither Young nor a Commoner.
    -Loved the Shop. I'm a sucker for creative detail <3

-Lovely outdoor map. Nice touches to it.
    -I'm also quite happy not all the wildlife had to be slain to be able to move onwards.

-At first I thought I saw a bear de-spawn, but as I found it later, I think it ran to an ambush point? It felt a bit odd, as if it ran away from me to later attack me. (Really minor detail, here.)

-Last Tracks has 'This tracks are fresh.' which you may want to change to 'these tracks are fresh'.
    (I don't often catch typos, but this one I did find.)

-The wolf spirit was a nice touch.

-Wooh! Difficulty slider <3
    I need to implement one in the map I'm building now... *makes mental note*

-Nice touch to put an archer on a ledge!
    -Lovely cave design. Feels natural instead of handmade.
    -Your patrolling mobs make me realize I really need to work on my own (in my not yet published quest).

-The Gatekeeper was a challenge. Not in a bad way, though my companion wasn't happy with me sending him to his death.

-The crystal part of the cave has a lovely ethereal look to it.
    -The fight with the spirit wolf is really bright *still rubbing eyes*

-I was not exactly happy that I basically killed an entire pack of wolves only to find they didn't have what I came there for. Not because the time spend, but that they were innocent.

-Did I really see a skeleton chasing a chicken? O.o
    -Oh, ew, my boots... Poor doggy, though.

-Aha, I was right about the girl.
    -I like the ambush. Well done. It fits the story well, too.

Overall: well done! I rated 5/5 stars.
  • lewduglewdug Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short code: NW-DF4G5MYRG
    Name: Knowledge is Power
    Author: @lewdug
    Est. Time: Unsure
    Url: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?309292-Knowledge-is-Power&p=3999472#post3999472

This is my first map so please give any improvements that I could make. I will review your quest tomorrow, as it is late.
    Knowledge is Power
    NW-DF4G5MYRG
    DO NOT PLAY - FIXING
  • thunderknuckles1thunderknuckles1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I would certainly be willing to help out for some returned reviews. :) Here's mine:

Short code: NW-DUAGFE2R9
    Name: Hey! What Happened to My Pigs!?
    Author:thunderknuckles1
    Est. Time: 15 mminutes

It's essentially a search and rescue mission on the fast and furious side. :) I recommend 2 to 3 players, with one healer.
  • plutovichplutovich Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tabris82 wrote: »
    Hello, finished reviewing your quest (you were lucky, some were before you but yours was the quickest and we did not have lots of time today).

The story is interesting but the quest needs some polishing.

The house is very empty, well most of your decor are. Maybe place the respawn inside the fireplaces so they are not in the middle of the room.

You need to capitalize the "i", people will really downrate you for this, it's a huge deal for native speakers it seem (I had plenty of problems with this at the start)

Add paragraphs for your texts, they are very wall-of-text-ey :p

Part of your text is in [missioninfo] and the other is not, maybe just place some highlights in [missioninfo] and not whole text batches or at least there should be some consistency.

Why is the port a crystal in the middle of the room? why not just leave by the door? In fact most of your transitions are like so, they should be at doors and such, not braziers. This is not really a magical setup so banners and braziers made little sense. Also you can customize the text and not leave "go to the next map"

Morian estate, the table is in the air.

While the storyboard doesn't really accept branching, you can accomplish some of those things with "sidequests" outside of the storyboard. It would make a lot more sense. As an exemple I never spoke with joran about marrying his daughter but I was able to tell her I did.

You could accomplish this by making npc spawn and unspawn on dialog prompt, so if you talk about the wedding with him, a daughter resulting from this dialog option will spawn (and the other unspawn) with the according options.

Anyway, I liked the story but the decor and some of the execution need to be tinkered.

Hope this helps, good luck! :)

Ty for playing the quest and reviewing it. Your sugestions are very helpful, I had intended to make a story with multiple paths but then, when i already was half way, found out branching is not possible. Didnt change the dialogues so they would exclude themselves when inconsistent because of that. Might be work for a future editing.

You say part of my text is in mission info and the other is not? Whenever i wanted to give a description that was not related with the course of the story but instead with its context i used the out of character "box". Not sure i should change that, have to go think about it. In general it needs to be perfected, thats true.

Ty for taking the time to give me a detailed opinion. :D
    edited May 2013
    Hello everyone. Has I am going into vacation, I'll have less time to review for the next couple weeks (I'll take the laptop but I won't play as much) - also for every review I manage to make, 2 or 3 requests pop out :D Since it takes some time to run them, I'll stop accepting new request for now - until I have the pending list a lot smaller ^_^

The list is pilling up faster then I can make it go down, so it is better this way ^_^

Thanks for your understanding \(>^.^)>
  • thunderknuckles1thunderknuckles1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Hey tabris, trying to find your adventure by short code search but it keeps showing 0 result. The search tool is glitched I feel sure, so I'll keep trying. And have fun on holiday!

Edited to say: found it and loved it! I placed my comments in your Foundry reply box. :)
  • pellonpekko45pellonpekko45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tabris82 wrote: »
    I thought the quest was ok but given the weird setup involved I would have expected more humor, and in the end it did not hit the mark for me. It could use more polishing. You enter the houses of weird mobs, try to kill them all, then their boss say "ok, take the flour/honey". How did they know it was was I wanted? Felt strange. I would have either spoke to them first then combat when they refused to give the goods, or at least in the end they would ask what I wanted.

The quest was functional, just found a typo:

Philippe the flapjack say alleivate instead of alleviate.

Also found weird when you ask if "that's legal?" and he answered "Thats the spirit" - was that intended or is there something missing?

I thought the combats was ok with a CW, mostly because there is the help of the guards.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the feedback. Added some of your suggestions and made some changes to the quest. Hopefully it fixes any confusions.
    Short code: NW-DMBIGH2HF
    Name: Ballad of Philippe the Flapjack
    Author: @pellonpekko45
    Est. Time: 16 min and can be solo'ed
    edited June 2013
    voivodak wrote: »
    I'm going to play your quest mate. Mine is in signature :)

Just finished playing your quest. Impressive work. Very good story, detailed environments. I was very entertained during the whole story.

A few minor points - to minimize clutter, maybe have the gate key disapear when opening the door, no point on cluttering the inventory.

The last portal was sideways, maybe it was intended that way, but I think it would look better from the front.

There was also a group that was not renamed - they were still ashmadai (not sure if this was intended as well).

Thanks for doing this quest!

ps: my bf got stuck behind the throne in the cemetery - had to use /killme has unstuck did not manage to take him out. Maybe place it a tiny bit more closer to the wall, so ppl cannot slip behind it (to keep in mind he was jumping on the throne, so this was his fault :P)

5* and max tip ^_^

btw what is the item for the earth tremors? I searched but was unable to find it. Thanks ^^