Install Arc

great weapon fighter

2»

Comments

• pedrodalsochiopedrodalsochio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great Weapon Fighter are really bad!!
    My GWF lvl 19 using a great 2 hand sword hit like a lady,is frustrating
    Any class can do much more damage. Guardian fighter with one hand and shield hit almost 2x more.
    In dungeons useless, can't tank, can't dps.
    Please this class need a big revision, im really disappointed =(.
    I already created a new class, not want to be a punching bag.
    Two hand weapon is my favorite class but i cant handle it.
    For now it is.
    Thx
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    if he needs a to be lvl 30 before he is viable, then something is wrong...they need buffs. my lvl 5 rouge has more auto attack damage than my GWF..that is just stupid....

Yup. My friend and I leveled a GF and a GWF together. Her left click does 7 times more damage than mine. Something wielding a bigass two handed weapon should hit the hardest in the game, not a rogue.
  • oneirosoneiros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this explains why I was having such a hard time, I echo the sentiment that if I have to slog to level 30 before my character doesn't suck then there is a problem. So far hit level 25 with my Cleric and it had a lot less issues leveling up that I have had this other time around. No wonder why all I see are Rogues and Wizards all over!
  • baofengyubaofengyu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you watch the opening cinematic then you see what game play looks like. Notice the GWF just attacks the ADDS and everyone else kills bosses? Well thats the game. Classes that "come into their own" more then half way though the game aren't worth playing.

You play the game because its fun. If its not fun from 1-40 why should you even bother? Thats like eating a piece of pizza that has cockroaches on it and arguing "Well at least the crust eat still good... there weren't any roaches on the crust so you should still enjoy it."
  • miseenabymemiseenabyme Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well im not too sure about why many People despise the GWF so much.
    It is true that his early Levels kinda suck,especially in terms of Single Target(!) Damage.
    But i honestly believe that most of you just made a mistake during the creation of your Character.
    There are plenty of people who went for high rolls on STR and CON and then wonder why their Damage sucks,even in higher Levels.
    I just recently hit lvl 60 and my Gear is absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with a GS of ~6000.
    However,thx to high Rolls on STR AND DEX i do have a crit Chance of 31% unbuffed,which goes up to 40% during Fights with my Passive Power and an Elixir.
    My Flourish or Restoring Strike crit for about 10k,which is ofc nothing compared to a Rogue's single target dmg.
    But i have no problems being 1st or 2nd in overall damage in Dungeons,thx to the amazing AoE Dmg with Double Crits from Weapon Masters Strike and the Perma Bleed.
    Unstoppable is almost always available which increases the Dmg even further and solves the problem with incoming dmg as well.

And since Boss Fights in this Game are designed around slaying tons of adds i feel absolutely mandatory in Dungeons,because someones gotta get those little ****ers off the cleric...and whos gonna do that if not me ?

Edit: Cant say anything about PvP,however....Didnt play it so far and ive never been a PvP Player in MMOs anyway.
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is true that his early Levels kinda suck,especially in terms of Single Target(!) Damage.
    But i honestly believe that most of you just made a mistake during the creation of your Character.
    There are plenty of people who went for high rolls on STR and CON and then wonder why their Damage sucks,even in higher Levels.
    I just recently hit lvl 60 and my Gear is absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with a GS of ~6000.
    However,thx to high Rolls on STR AND DEX i do have a crit Chance of 31% unbuffed,which goes up to 40% during Fights with my Passive Power and an Elixir.
    My Flourish or Restoring Strike crit for about 10k,which is ofc nothing compared to a Rogue's single target dmg.
    But i have no problems being 1st or 2nd in overall damage in Dungeons,thx to the amazing AoE Dmg with Double Crits from Weapon Masters Strike and the Perma Bleed.
    Unstoppable is almost always available which increases the Dmg even further and solves the problem with incoming dmg as well.

And since Boss Fights in this Game are designed around slaying tons of adds i feel absolutely mandatory in Dungeons,because someones gotta get those little ****ers off the cleric...and whos gonna do that if not me ?

Edit: Cant say anything about PvP,however....Didnt play it so far and ive never been a PvP Player in MMOs anyway.

Control Wizard does it a lot better and does it faster and that too from a distance without putting a lot of pressure on clerics for heals. I don't know what you are smoking if you think people will take GWF over CW in dungeons in their current state.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »
    Control Wizard does it a lot better and does it faster and that too from a distance without putting a lot of pressure on clerics for heals. I don't know what you are smoking if you think people will take GWF over CW in dungeons in their current state.

better? Maybe,since the CW is ranged.
    faster? no way

i was 1-2 million dmg ahead of every CW in my last 3 dungeons.
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    better? Maybe,since the CW is ranged.
    faster? no way

i was 1-2 million dmg ahead of every CW in my last 3 dungeons.

I blame the CW then if you were able to out dps him/her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

PSA:

miseeebabyme has only registered today, and has two posts both claiming how good GWF with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> GS can be, and it is a L2P issue. I have heard of GWF doing well but those tend to be at much higher GS then he is talking about.

In fact, a cynic might think he is just a Rogue/CW alt.........
  • tyestortyestor Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    level 58 here, class is still pretty terrible.
    Tyestor - Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    PSA:

miseeebabyme has only registered today, and has two posts both claiming how good GWF with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> GS can be, and it is a L2P issue. I have heard of GWF doing well but those tend to be at much higher GS then he is talking about.

In fact, a cynic might think he is just a Rogue/CW alt.........

lol? xD
    What kind of logic is that dude?
    What does my registration date have to do with my playtime and the time ive spent studying/playing the game and reading the forums?Besides,i never said that GWFs can be awesome with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear...i said that even with crappy gear you can deal decent dmg and justify your spot in a 5man group if you dont fail during the character creation.

But tbh,i dont really care.If you think GWFs suck,then do that.Wont really bother me.
  • fettakosfettakos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am level 19 and have the same issue... In PvP and instances I do the less damage and for a player that carries a doubled-handed sword that's a little frustrating and embarassing. I also die a lot. At lvl 10 I decided not to buy any more healing potions (spending time is cheaper than spending money) and I only did quests. That helped me lvl up quickly, so at lvl 16 I chose the Cleric. Then, I selected my gear, my stats and took the ones that would do more damage. As I continued playing, I tried different roles. Being a dps, that goes for it and stops only when the battle is over, being a tank (ok, that was a mistake, but with the healer I felt that I had the means to do it), trying focusing one a single target, trying AoE, but still, I suck. I won't switch to another class. Being at the center of the fight and killing everything that comes in front of me, is more my style. But, I came here thinking that I am the shame of my class and now I see that others are having the same problem. What is this class all about after all? Making Rogues and Wizards top dps? I mean..wtf?
    And then I also read that people don't have any trouble at all, and almost don't die. How is that possible? When I meet an elite I have a very difficult time bringing it down... Please, share your secrets with me :)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol? xD
    What kind of logic is that dude?
    What does my registration date have to do with my playtime and the time ive spent studying/playing the game and reading the forums?Besides,i never said that GWFs can be awesome with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear...i said that even with crappy gear you can deal decent dmg and justify your spot in a 5man group if you dont fail during the character creation.

But tbh,i dont really care.If you think GWFs suck,then do that.Wont really bother me.

Would have replied properly, but an argument from an obvious Rogue Alt doesn't count anyway.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dannyw22 wrote: »
    dunno if its just me but Ive played this class in 3rd and 4th beta and now in open beta, they still lack dps but take huge amounts of dmg.

Have to say I agree, this is my main character. I enjoy the challenge, but some serious alteration needs to happen with some of the skills that wouldn't be hard to implement so the character itself is more of what you'd expect it to be. For the moment I'd call it 'clunky'.
  • auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dunno, I'm enjoying mine at 45 in both PvP and PvE. The leveling process pre-30 is a pain, though.
  • ashenrustashenrust Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they stay consistatnly bad . mine is 59 right now , and though i feel im doing well .. the numbers just dont = that . at 51 if you go for the stun spec you can do ok at pvp . or if u go the aoe route u might see some numbers in a doungion , bare in mind though the damage to those mobs is insignificant .

defetnce for the class is broken , by defence i mean mitigation/damage avoidence all the way around , sprint does not work as a defensive ablity , though it can work in pvp offensivly < with the exception ofcorse of running at half health to grab a pot > i also have a levle 60 tr , and a lower levle cw, there is no compairson gwf is broken in many ways , and i really hope it will be fixed .

if you think you are "tareign though mobs" your wrong . if you think you are able to last , you are wrong , if you think that you dominate pvp , your defently wrong , dont post drivle or ego driven nonsense , tell it like it is and get the class fixed .

my suggestin .. damge needs to be overhalled completely , 4x the damage woudlnt be out of line , or 2x the damge in half the time . aoes shouldnt reduce damage with more targets it should get a buff . sprint has to go , or give it a 50% flat damage reduction while sprinting < damage recived that is > many encounter ablitys need to be massivly uped in damage .