test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So Why people still got tons of cats

moletasmoletas Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Srly this rool back did nothing in my guild MANY people till have 20-50 cats... just confirms this bug <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> economy beyond.
Post edited by moletas on

Comments

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    The ban wave only caught those who were exploiting on that day. It didn't catch people who were exploiting the weeks before and those who smartly created separate alts to store their ill-gotten wealth.
  • Options
    maxthekoboldmaxthekobold Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    moletas wrote: »
    Srly this rool back did nothing in my guild MANY people till have 20-50 cats... just confirms this bug <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> economy beyond.

Don't know, don't care. Just happy that I got Snugglez for 32 gold today.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 7 hr rollback was a joke. Only inexperience gamers even thought it would help. You had tons of exploiter related accounts defending it of course, but anyone who knows gaming knew it was a joke.

Today Cryptic is the laughing stock of the gaming community. NWO can still be saved, but it WILL take a wipe to make serious gamers even consider playing ever again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Can anyone explain to me how a stupid imaginary cat in an imaginary game with a imaginary economy ruined everything?
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't know, don't care. Just happy that I got Snugglez for 32 gold today.

Congrats on being part of the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me how a stupid imaginary cat in an imaginary game with a imaginary economy ruined everything?

The cat is only one item..A top tier item, but the point is that exploiters have stashed enough loot on mule accounts to dominate the economy of this game for years to come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Start from scratch. Spend 50 on zen. Level to 60 and do some pvp.

Run away crying as people with phat cats and uber enchants one shots you.

The amount of "money" represented on the characters is over 90000!!!!
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Neverwinter is currently in Open Beta with bugs, game imbalances, roll-backs, etc to be expected. You should adjust your expectations when you are testing a beta product...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    moletasmoletas Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it was just comparing.. dont take it directly...
    gold sellers running with billions of zen in alt acc with tons of gear to sell and get money.. just that. look ad price btw. it will rise since more people realize ad curensy is worthles.
  • Options
    machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People in YOUR guild, huh?

Seriously, if you know people who have like a million cats they couldn't have possibly gotten legitimately, report them.
  • Options
    karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Every post about this is "I know some guy who got away with it".

We won't know if everything is still messed up until the AH goes back online.
  • Options
    drakkanithdrakkanith Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Neverwinter is currently in Open Beta with bugs, game imbalances, roll-backs, etc to be expected. You should adjust your expectations when you are testing a beta product...

Wow, naive as ****. This isnt a full fledged beta no matter what you want to believe or whatever they say. Normal Betas don't ask people to pay money. Not to mention that this beta is rolling into "retail", whatever major bugs of econmy breaks happen here effect the game forever since there's no wipe.

Kindly get your head out of your ***
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'll put this in small words so you understand.

Big Diamond Pile Everywhere. Cant store diamond pile because get banned. Therefore launder pile of diamonds into loot.

Buy many many many cat.

send many many many cat to alts on different accounts.

Now have tons of cats and no banned!
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And you've reported these exploiters, right?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    This is a total slap in the face to people who purchase Zen. support the company pay cash only to be over charged for 1) the zen and 2) the inflated economy because people have billions can buy anything they want at any price so prices rise. 3) the more exploited AD on the market the quicker Ad to zen ratio declined causing anything using cash to get zen not AD to suffer.

there are still a ton of cats being sold off mules for gold because the AH is down and because the AH is down epics are being sold for gold and who has all the gold now? the people that exploited the AD bug that bought a million cats and sold/sell them for gold so when the AH goes back up the exploiters again will have all the items they bought with gold to sell for AD again.

NOTHING fixed and if anything the AH being down makes it worse for no cheating players and give yet another unfair advantage to the people that exploited in the first place.

having spent real money and a lot at that on this game im seriously offended and disgruntled and feel this is more then enough reason to take measures for a full refund for the zen I purchases since a reset hasn't and will not happen ever. it is only fair those that purchased Zen in good faith receive a refund of either zen or cash spent.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    It'll be funny if the devs suddenly made all the cats bind on pick up.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a total slap in the face to people who purchase Zen. support the company pay cash only to be over charged for 1) the zen and 2) the inflated economy because people have billions can buy anything they want at any price so prices rise. 3) the more exploited AD on the market the quicker Ad to zen ratio declined causing anything using cash to get zen not AD to suffer.

there are still a ton of cats being sold off mules for gold because the AH is down and because the AH is down epics are being sold for gold and who has all the gold now? the people that exploited the AD bug that bought a million cats and sold/sell them for gold so when the AH goes back up the exploiters again will have all the items they bought with gold to sell for AD again.

NOTHING fixed and if anything the AH being down makes it worse for no cheating players and give yet another unfair advantage to the people that exploited in the first place.

having spent real money and a lot at that on this game im seriously offended and disgruntled and feel this is more then enough reason to take measures for a full refund for the zen I purchases since a reset hasn't and will not happen ever. it is only fair those that purchased Zen in good faith receive a refund of either zen or cash spent.

You got everything right except for the zen to ad ratio. If anything, the zen to ad ratio is rising and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the legit players. People with the enormous amounts of AD are converting it to Zen. Simple economics of supply and demand. Low supply, high demand = higher prices.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That wouldn't have fixed anything considering the cats are already doing a lot of damage to the game. The cats costs almost 1 million astral diamonds. If you were to try to obtain that in a legit way... 24k astral diamonds a day.... divided by 1 million.... about 42 days for a legit player to be able to get that much astral diamonds. That's if you actually save and don't spend on anything else. So if you logged on every single day for the next 42 days, maybe, just maybe you will have a chance at doing equal damage to the exploiters. Don't even think about joining pvp because those people with the cats and the +7 enchants... they'll 1 shot you even if you're in full t2 epic gears.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The thing is people are using the Cats to launder their ill gotten AD. If the devs made the cats BoP then they cannot resell the cats anymore... they are stopped in their tracks.
  • Options
    kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Serious gamers? Did you even hear yourself say that? Its a game, treat it as such. Save the seriousness for life.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They should do that actually. What's the purpose in having it BOE? It's buyable from the AD vendor anyway.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Congrats on being part of the problem.

Can you blame him? 32 gold vs 1M AD.

Well... yes, you can.
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing is people are using the Cats to launder their ill gotten AD. If the devs made the cats BoP then they cannot resell the cats anymore... they are stopped in their tracks.

tumblr_mmzefdiggW1s5zgzao1_1280.jpg
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Can you blame him? 32 gold vs 1M AD.

Well... yes, you can.

yes and no. I mean supporting this exploit sucks but being the ONLY person not to benefit blows. I never got a cat because I have Ion stones on my characters already. yay me I spent 60$ on ion stones people got cats for free. (30gold and less is free imo, gold it totally pointless atm and if you are 60 you have 50-100g just sitting on your toon anyways)