test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rank 7 Enchantment and the biggest P2W Problem?

shiftone87shiftone87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Someone PLEASE clarify the rumor that fusing a rank 6 enchantment to rank 7 has a 99% failure rate. I heard this disturbing news in the "chat" channel today. (Chat in quotes because mostly it's just the same message 6x in a row.)

I'm having a lot of fun with this game. Currently have 3 characters around lvl 30-38. But if it's true that they have a 99% failure rate on rank 7 enchants then I'm done. I checked the zen store and realized that in order to bypass the failure rate all you have to do is pony up 10 bucks worth of zen to get ONE Coalescent ward that gives a 100% chance at fusion.

I've learned that enchantments are amazing in this game after ignoring them for 30 levels on two characters. The only alternative to the 10 dollar coalescent ward is to login EVERYDAY for a week to get 7 astral? coins in order to get a very small chance at 1 ward in chest it gives you as a reward. If you miss even one day of invocation you get set back to zero coins. Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that sucks. Not to mention for a normal player playing a 2-3 hours a day it would take a few weeks to farm up 10 bucks worth of zen to get one friggin coalescent ward. I'm not even going to try and imagine how many enchantment slots top end gear has in this game. But it would be easy to see that you could end up spending 100+ dollars on wards just to gem up one character in the game. Or spend MONTHS farming in order to get the money playing it the right way.

I don't mind taking months to achieve something in the game as long as it can't be bypassed in seconds by someone who dishes out $100 usd. The cost to time ratio needs to be much lower in order to make this even remotely fair. Thanks for taking the time to read and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if I'm wrong let me know and I will apologize for wasting your time and my own in writing this lengthy post.
Post edited by shiftone87 on

Comments

• Options
    sandanglotkasandanglotka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heavy P2W content is lame.

Signed and agreed.

The amount of things that you need to pay for in this game is beyond reasonable.
    Soldiers live. And wonder why.
  • Options
    projaeprojae Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Surprised at how many people never bothered to play one single PWE game before.. The way this game works is the exact way every PWE game has worked since the beginning. Yeah, sure Cryptic takes credit, but the multitude of confusing currencies, the "one a day" items, time locked rewards, heavy cash shop emphasis etc.. has looong been apart of PWE games..

I took a look at the prices in the astral diamond "in-game" shop and I bout spit out my drink in laughter when I seen rank 2 enchantments (ya know, the ones that drop like candy since like the tower district) cost 10k DIAMONDS... 10K!!! For what I see as "common" loot.. It only got worse as I flipped the page and seen some of those other things for over a million diamonds!! You can only convert what, 25K a day? Do the math..

I found making money more worth my while and easier in Age of Wushu -_-...
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    vanvulturevanvulture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Stones used for fusing those are like 100k-200k AD, so very cheap. It is not pay 2 win it's pay to use a day or two less to get the item.
    ''Well, just as I suspected... I couldn't see it because it's invisible.''
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ugh, yet another this game is p2w thread. Honestly, you couldn't comment in the other 100 threads on this subject.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm? The wards are $10. So about 380 000 diamonds. A day or two? Nice one.
    vanvulture wrote: »
    The Stones used for fusing those are like 100k-200k AD, so very cheap. It is not pay 2 win it's pay to use a day or two less to get the item.
  • Options
    vanvulturevanvulture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well they are out for 100k-200k AD on the AH on the beholder shard. I farm 1.4-1.6 million AD each day with 5-7 hours gameplay...
  • Options
    notroarwafflenotroarwaffle Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suppose it's p2w, though HIGHLY IMPRACTICAL.

In order to get the AD just to buy all the shards, you'd probably have to shell out $200. The total cost is even higher, I'd imagine. Maybe 1 person is willing to pay hundreds of dollars for just one enchantment, but it certainly won't be on a scale large enough to even worry about.
  • Options
    powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well they are out for 100k-200k AD on the AH on the beholder shard. I farm 1.4-1.6 million AD each day with 5-7 hours gameplay...

And yet you can only refine so much of it.

Welcome to PWE games. /thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you're essentially grinding a few weeks to get get an awesome enchantment.

Sounds like the type of reward for doing the same thing in a sub based MMO.

Why are the majority of gamers so accustomed to jumping before looking over the cliff? hmmm
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »

That's not evidence of their mistake.

That's evidence of your own inability to be patient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I make my AD from getting gear both in pve and pvp and sell the stuff i don't need on the AH. Runestones you don't use is also a great source of income on the AH. Same with Profession reagents.
  • Options
    notroarwafflenotroarwaffle Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »

You don't have to refine AD obtained via the AH.

You should probably play past level 10.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Mr Waffle took care of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Mr Waffle took care of it.

indeed, imagine all the AD some of these whiners could make putting up even low level greens in bulk since, for whatever reason, noone wants to put a buyout.

You undercut a tad bit, put a 24hour limit and BOOM, instant ADs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    All these kids crying P2W need to realize you can sell AD for Zen! Learn to win! Dont pay anything and have everything!
  • Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    manduchess wrote: »
    All these kids crying P2W need to realize you can sell AD for Zen! Learn to win! Dont pay anything and have everything!

that's not a good excuse.

i have no problems with the wards; i was even expecting something like this, considering i've played other PWE games. i know FW, PWI and ES had something similar in their games and that was fine.

what i take issue with is the fact that the enchantment success is 1%. that pretty much needs to shell out $10 or whatever the equivalent AD price is on your server. unlike most MMOs, there's a limit on how many ADs you can get without selling items. i can't think of any other (popular) MMOs that do this. WoW doesn't. TERA doesn't. GW2 doesn't. TSW doesn't, etc.

if the success rate on the upgrade was 5% or even 10%, i bet many people wouldn't have a single issue with this. its only saved by the fact that you can convert AD -> zen.

honestly, i think its less about the enchantment issue and more about what they could do in the future.
  • Options
    spodeanspodean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look everything that can be bought for zen can be bought for AD.

I just paid 36k ad converted to zen for a bag of wards, the result is I crafted a level 6 enchant that are listed in the ah at 120k. And the best part is a 40% chance is decent and I did not fail, so I still have 10 wards.

I've made lots of cash in the AH selling tradeskill goods that I don't use myself. have made close to 400k and I'm not even 60 yet.

If you get 4 rank 6's and pay 360k AD for the coaelscent ward, and get a level 7 worth up to 1 million ad... you do the math.

I think the economy is fine, people can pay money for the convenience of getting stuff sooner, or you can work for it and get it later. You don't have to spend a dime on this game in all honesty. The money just makes it easier but you don't have to go that route.

I seem to remember time in WoW when you had to spend days upon days grinding to get an epic mount.
    Grinding and Grinding away to get the best enchants on gear.

You just got to work for what you want. If someone wants to spend 100's of dollars on a game as a shortcut to the end, by all means let them, keeps the rest of us from having to pay to play.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) I think people haven't noticed that R7 is NOT the end of fusion list..
    2) Stop talking about P2W. First, it isn't as bad as people make it out to be, second it's not allowed to be discussed here until further notice.

/thread
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    projae wrote: »
    Surprised at how many people never bothered to play one single PWE game before.. The way this game works is the exact way every PWE game has worked since the beginning. Yeah, sure Cryptic takes credit, but the multitude of confusing currencies, the "one a day" items, time locked rewards, heavy cash shop emphasis etc.. has looong been apart of PWE games..

The ONLY reason I picked this game up is because it's Forgotten Realms/D&D I'm sure that's the case for many people.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    cetzlauscetzlaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its funny cause theres also rank 8 enchants and so on if you really wanna get fancy
  • Options
    zarkheszarkhes Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Common people, this game isnt P2W at all you noobz!!
    More like Pay to have fun of have you brain melted by mindless grinding untill you give up and buy our imaginary **** in half.baked game!
    O.o
    Im sorry, i am back :)
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    P2Win ... how is this P2Win, you can buy the stone in the AH for a modest 90k? Sheesh ... Bads will complain about anything nowadays.

If someone is willing to throw thousands of $$ to deck out his character ... good for him, and good for PW. He is what allows you to play the game for free. He pays for the developers who code the game and will provided the new content this game desperately needs.

Lastly, you're probably not going to even play with him anyway as there is no end game content for him anymore.

The real question is ... why are you so jealous that he can spend $$$ on his account while you can't ... maybe it's because he has a job while you're playing 16 hours a day? P2Win allows this game to evolve ... get over your e-peens for a second and remember that it's a good thing there are people willing to pay for you to play for free.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sorry for dp
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    indeed, imagine all the AD some of these whiners could make putting up even low level greens in bulk since, for whatever reason, noone wants to put a buyout.

You undercut a tad bit, put a 24hour limit and BOOM, instant ADs.

Greens don't sell at all on Beholder, at least.
  • Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man, can't wait to reach 60 and start making AD like crazy, after reading all this posts. Right now I get 6k after doig 3 quests, once a day. Must be cool to be 60 and unlock whatever gives you hundrends of thousends of AD each day
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yea, same with me and my 2 friends (what both left...).But this game has sooooo little of D&D (No aligment at least?).
  • Options
    lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    how is this P2Win

P2Win allows this game to evolve

Don't need to say anything here.
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Greens don't sell at all on Beholder, at least.

People leveling by questing get their own gear, the prices for levelers are too high and in the other hand the lowest ilvl 60 epics are cheaper than the leveling greenies.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sadmummy wrote: »
    Man, can't wait to reach 60 and start making AD like crazy, after reading all this posts. Right now I get 6k after doig 3 quests, once a day. Must be cool to be 60 and unlock whatever gives you so much AD.

People were getting rich by selling epics to founders. The epic market obviously crashed when more people got to 60.

The only way to make any real money is to manipulate the AH (which requires a lot of AD), or to farm t2 dungeons and sell the good pieces you find (you know the ones with the stats people actually want).