test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You owe me a weekend

hephastohephasto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I played my guardian like a crazy person this past weekend, I bought gear for 600k AD to give me a carrot for level 60. I got a few nice drops and got a hold of some nice 25% more speed resource along with a lot of levels on my character.

Now i log in and see it all gone, like 8 levels, the resource, my blue sword, all except the carrot, which is now rotten and doesnt seem to taste as good.

I mean, it was fun playing.. dont get me wrong... But the biggest part of the fun is the progess!

Im sure you could atleast have saved the state of experience before rollback and reapplied it afterwards. Thank you for stealing my weekend you ******bags.

Best regards
Former fan.
Post edited by hephasto on

Comments

• Options
    czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hours != weekend. L2math
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you got 8 levels in 7 hours?
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    czarkazm wrote: »
    7 hours != weekend. L2math

L2math yourself...7 hours rollback, servers down all Sunday long, so a lot more than 7 hours, although this doesn't back his 8 levels in that 7 hours but still we lost a lot more time. On top of it when it came back the game was only at 80% at most as exchange and Ah were both down resulting in a weird gaming experience and lower population making harder to get queues...

So lost a lot more than 7 hours, so please think before you post.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hephasto wrote: »
    I played my guardian like a crazy person this past weekend, I bought gear for 600k AD to give me a carrot for level 60. I got a few nice drops and got a hold of some nice 25% more speed resource along with a lot of levels on my character.

Now i log in and see it all gone, like 8 levels, the resource, my blue sword, all except the carrot, which is now rotten and doesnt seem to taste as good.

I mean, it was fun playing.. dont get me wrong... But the biggest part of the fun is the progess!

Im sure you could atleast have saved the state of experience before rollback and reapplied it afterwards. Thank you for stealing my weekend you ******bags.

Best regards
    Former fan.

Neverwinter is in Open Beta with bugs, game imbalances, roll backs, etc to be expected. As an Open Beta game tester you should adjust your expectations accordingly...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one owes you anything.....Just be glad we all got a cool cat cape :D
    Everyone is in the same boat you know, I re did my levels and found more places to get loot from so it is a win for me :D
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    L2math yourself...7 hours rollback, servers down all Sunday long, so a lot more than 7 hours, although this doesn't back his 8 levels in that 7 hours but still we lost a lot more time. On top of it when it came back the game was only at 80% at most as exchange and Ah were both down resulting in a weird gaming experience and lower population making harder to get queues...

The operative word of this post is "we" in the "we lost a lot more time." The issue is that no one lost more time than anyone else, you didn't get to enjoy Neverwinter all day Sunday, that sucks, but neither did anyone else, you are not at a comparative disadvantage to anyone else in the game because you didn't get to play Sunday, and you have the rest of however long the game is open to play. Same with everyone else. Everyone has had the same experience post downtime, so again, that's not an issue, it sucks but it is completely fair.

The only issue is that some people lost 7 hours(or less) of play that they may have had that others did not. 7 hours is not a long time in the grand scheme of things, so while it sucks its not the end of the world to any rational person.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013

Best regards
    Former fan.

wwwwwwwWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh

7 doesn't equal a weekend bud...there is a fair amount of bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in your false post...
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    OK; they'll give you the weekend they owe you.

It'll be here Saturday.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lie smaller next time, maybe they will believe you then.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    hephastohephasto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It might have been 7 levels, but more like 7.5. You guys underestimate my fast-music-in-headphones-quest-grinding-zomebie-mode.

I call BS on 7 hours though.

open beta, pff... lets all be real. Its no beta, they just call it that so they can get away with stuff like this. I know the drill, I played more betas than i care to admit, but never have i seen something handled so poorly. Sure, we should expect things like this, but so should the developers.

and by the way, sending me 2 consumables that grant me 25% more exp for the next 4k exp is just an insult.
  • Options
    brockwell009brockwell009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let a video game ruin your weekend? Sad.
  • Options
    ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Video games are a waste of time, get used to it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I would also like to thank everyone for pointing out that 7 hours does not meassure up to a weekend, prior to this moment i was unaware.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OP how old are you?
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would also like to thank everyone for pointing out that 7 hours does not meassure up to a weekend, prior to this moment i was unaware.

the_more_you_know.jpeg
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brockwell009brockwell009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »
    the_more_you_know.jpeg

I believe you just won the thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Old enough to recognize a wasted weekend when i see one. Also old enough to have been around Internet long enough to know that people asking about other peoples age are usually not that mature themselves.
  • Options
    helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    . Thank you for stealing my weekend you ******bags.

Best regards
    Former fan.

No....you owe your parents an apology for geeking out the entire weekend
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Old enough to recognize a wasted weekend when i see one. Also old enough to have been around Internet long enough to know that people asking about other peoples age are usually not that mature themselves.

Apparently not old enough to realize sitting on your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for 8 hours is wasted time. Don't get me wrong, ive done in the past but i was under no illusion that i was actually being constructive with my time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spends time in the forums of a game answering to random rants, says gaming is a waste of time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well act your age then, like I said we are all in the same boat, we have been given a pack..the me me me me attitude you are showing is not very becoming.

Lets look at the facts....we all lost tops 7 hours..If you was sad enough to wait in front of the computer until the servers came back well that is only your own fault.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeeeah, you and i are not in the same boat...
    My boat is full, sry.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    weekend wasted because one game was offline? Wow, I'm usually trying not to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but.... get a life
  • Options
    kissell19kissell19 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    You are owed nothing. You are entitled to nothing. The nerve of you unemployed fools sucking half my paycheck up to pay you worthless people is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The game was free you are owed exactly $0. Go get a job and stop sucking the life outta the people who actually do something for a living.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You are not very perceptive, are you? Why would a man without a job complain about his wasted weekend?
  • Options
    xavrathxavrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Rollbacks are nothing new in MMOs. Most games that I know of have had some. WoW has had several. It is standard operating procedure when an exploit has damaged the integrity of the game. If you cannot accept that then you really need to stop playing online games in persistent worlds, and just play single player games. The world is not going to change what it does and has done before just because you might get upset.
  • Options
    procompsagnathusprocompsagnathus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you spent this much time on something that actually mattered think how much better off your life would be. It's a game in Beta. You'll live. move on.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It does suck to lose time invested to be sure. Luckily it was only 7 hours and not a wipe like some people want.

Having said that: Open Beta.
  • Options
    liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l2math yourself...7 hours rollback, servers down all sunday long, so a lot more than 7 hours, although this doesn't back his 8 levels in that 7 hours but still we lost a lot more time. On top of it when it came back the game was only at 80% at most as exchange and ah were both down resulting in a weird gaming experience and lower population making harder to get queues...
    you were abducted by aliens & lost time? Omg!!?!? Call agent mulder!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "Rollbacks are nothing new in MMOs. Most games that I know of have had some. WoW has had several. It is standard operating procedure when an exploit has damaged the integrity of the game."

This is what you do when you realize there is an exploit of this magnitude: You pull the plug on your servers immediately to fix it.
    You dont sit around and wait for several hours, then shut it, do rollback and wastes everyones time.

But maybe thats just me...