test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So... its open beta but we won't wipe game breaking bugs?

13»

Comments

• bluebullblobbluebullblob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a bummer too because I enjoyed this game very much. A promise not to wipe after open beta was just... I don't even have words to describe how stupid that was. What they were really saying was "can't wait to take all your money so we'll just do it now!"

This game had so much potential to be one of the greatest :( and now with all these exploits taken advantage of and no sign of a fix (because a wipe is completely out of the question, dont ask me why) there is only lost potential
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a bummer too because I enjoyed this game very much. A promise not to wipe after open beta was just... I don't even have words to describe how stupid that was. What they were really saying was "can't wait to take all your money so we'll just do it now!"

This game had so much potential to be one of the greatest :( and now with all these exploits taken advantage of and no sign of a fix (because a wipe is completely out of the question, dont ask me why) there is only lost potential

While their practise is moraly questionable, I think Cryptic has a nice busyness plan.
    See, all their games have quite high instant fun value, but not much to keep people interested in the medium/long term, imho due to a lack of content and fubar team mechanics.
    So, if they did a "real" open beta -with a wipe at the end of it,free zen for testing purpose, etc- a lot of people would have "finished" the game and never came back aka spend cash once the game is released.
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    I love how people think fixes can just be done overnight. Just because they've only fixed the major issue's so far doesn't mean they aren't also working on other fixes.

Not everyone who cheated got banned yet, does that mean it won't happen? I don't know, but honestly don't care. I wanted to buy one of the cats myself but since I knew about this exploit already I wasn't going to touch one.

Everything in this game can be farmed with 5 people. That's it. If you don't have four friends that play this game then I'm truly sorry. But otherwise just get 4 people you play with a lot and go to town getting your gear, enchants and AD!

A wipe hurts everyone(the non exploiters the most), a limited rollback and bans + ongoing investigation limits the impact to myself and the majority of us and lets the problem still get sorted.

Honestly I hope for no wipe ever. Will I quit if it happens? Absolutely not, I love this game and will be playing it for a very long time to come(unless they never add in new content, but I can keep myself occupied with the current content for another 6m to a year easy enough).
  • czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jkaplan92 wrote: »

I'm out!

jkaplan92 Today, 05:49 AM.

What are you still doing here?
  • zaketrinzaketrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From the HotN founders deal:
    Five-day head start access to Neverwinter when it launches.

If Neverwinter is still in open beta, when and how do I get my five-day head start when it finally launches.

Wordsmith all you want, Neverwinter has launched
  • oakenlongbowoakenlongbow Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is interesting to me is the fact that the same bug was found in STO. The true losers here will be the cryptic/PW invester. The game is definitely going to lose quit a bit of cash from this exploit. One has to wonder if a programmer or two may have been benefitting from this so called bug.
  • kattygrl1kattygrl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe is the only way to be sure. Population inside game has dramatically decreased and many legit players already quit. I won't sit here and kiss Cryptic butt like so many of you since this company isn't solving the problem.
  • thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Yea time to start looking for another game, which I don't think I'll find...so pretty much inelastic to neverwinter's problems
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    youlookfat wrote: »
    Shoulda been a wipe... just sayin:)

Normally I would agree with you, however since Cryptic came out and said that there would be NO WIPE at the end of Open Beta and the release of Neverwinter it would be a bad decision to wipe it after everyone was told it would not happen.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is not in Open Beta. It's an excuse they had to make cause they knew back in April that they're about to launch an unfinished product.

You don't get it. We all know the product is unfinished. That is why Cryptic admits it is unfinished by calling it a beta. It isn't an excuse, it is a warning to those who want to pay or play.

So when Cryptic TELLS people the game is unfinished by calling it a beta, when they are actively WARNING gamers on what to expect, anyone who is surprised or appalled by some unfinished aspect of the game is a deluded moron.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    futrix wrote: »
    You don't get it. We all know the product is unfinished. That is why Cryptic admits it is unfinished by calling it a beta. It isn't an excuse, it is a warning to those who want to pay or play.

So when Cryptic TELLS people the game is unfinished by calling it a beta, when they are actively WARNING gamers on what to expect, anyone who is surprised or appalled by some unfinished aspect of the game is a deluded moron.

So everyone admits it is unfinished and is in a testing phase???

Yet they are charging you money to test the game?

BRILLIANT!!!!!!
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    you know i have to laugh at all the naysayers about what they did. I just logged in and it's more packed in this game then it is in STO. I have a pretty powerful machine and I'm actually having lag in PE for a change that's how many people are there right now. Go ahead go check it's crazy. So obviously people aren't as mad about the nonwipe as these guys are claiming and obviously they are going on with their lives like nothing happened. As it is the bulk of the people were all standing around the AH and the mailbox.

Some so called en mass ragequit you got going there.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »

BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Several games with cash shops, have had them active in even the closed beta. Because hey - the cash shop functionality needs to be tested too. (Of course, in those closed beta phases, with a guaranteed wipe at the end, they've said "any currency you purchase for the cash shop will be refunded after each wipe")
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »

BRILLIANT!!!!!!
    Yes, that is what they did. And it was brilliant, because it is working.
    I don't blame them for doing this. They are far from the first to try and get people to fund the game prelaunch. When MMOs take 5+ years to create, sometimes you have to find a way to start the income early. It is a problem unique to MMOs which is why this action taken by PWE/Cryptic is far from unique.

A lot of us are comfortable buying things in the beta portion of the game, donating a "founding" dollar amount in hopes it helps the game in its early stages. Others have convinced themselves that everything should work in game all the time because they bought something... something typically unrelated to what they bought. This is why we have to continuously remind people that they got what they paid for. If you bought a pack, you bought things like up-front AD, a mount, a companion, etc. You didn't buy an escape from downtimes or the ability to exploit.

People complain because they are entitled, plain and simple. It is like going into a McDonald's and buying a burger, sitting in the Lobby and complaining because their courtesy TV cable is out. You didn't buy cable, you bought a burger. Something is wrong with the cable? That is their job to complain to the cable company. They are paying that bill, not you. You just got a burger and you got what you paid for.