test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If they opened a new server tomorrow, would you move there?

2»

Comments

• Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would you?

100% i would if i'm not gonna be gone by then!!!
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    Opening servers won't work. Unless, the majority of the players are willing to spend a huge amount of money on keys to obtain IDOLS for the 40k AD's.

You guys forget that with professions and dailys that there will be NO WAY to obtain the amount of AD's needed to cope with the AD sinks. The 2 mil AD boost per founder is what kept the AD circulation sufficient.

So you are saying that the artificially kick started economy is the only thing that made this game start?

Without all that AD the game would fail?

What are you trying to say?
  • Options
    berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh hey, it's this discussion again.

No. I definitely would not.
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope. Servers will all be merged into 1 server eventually. Also, why would i want to leave all the people that I regularly group with? There's nothing wrong with the economy that won't work itself out. No one has any proof that exploiters have even had much of an impact. Just because there's a bunch of chicken littles running around screaming doesn't mean what they say has any validity.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    So you are saying that the artificially kick started economy is the only thing that made this game start?

Without all that AD the game would fail?

What are you trying to say?

Yes. Think about it.

Taking out a Lesser Enhancement cost 140k AD. Rank 7 Enchantment 130k AD This what you call a Sink.

Now, how can you pay for something like that by just doing a daily and a leadership profession? It will take weeks to do for just 1 gem/enchantment.

The only reason why prices are the way they are is because of the Hero's of the North and Idols from Keys.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes I would! But only if I was sure the cheaters and exploiters couldn't ruin that one too.
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would you?

sure after i...
    convert all my AD to zen
    Sell all my Zen for AD
    Flood the market with over priced junk because everyone else had the same idea...
    a new shard will not fix the issue.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wouldnt matter. zen is account level currency. What happened affected this game, and all of their other games. Here people are selling cats, on STO its ships.....etc.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wouldn't it be a waste of Cryptic's time and money?

- They want to merge all servers together one day.

- If a shard you're on is too laggy or overpopulated, then just change to another with less players. This always works for me, so if it doesn't work for you, then the problem is either your computer or your Internet service provider.

- Why would anyone want to join a low population server? Low population servers are the worst! They have terrible AH economies. Dungeon queues will be extremely long since there won't be as many tanks and healers queueing up. If you aren't part of the best guild on the server, then it's like if you were not part of a guild at all since all the smaller guilds will be too small with very little people to recruit! The main issue with guilds is that if you don't have enough tanks and healers, your guild will fail. Good tanks and healers will leave to join the bigger and better guilds that the majority of the server is going to!

Anyways, if Cryptic wants to do it, then go ahead. MMO noobs will probably join it too. But any experience MMO gamer always avoids low population servers! Actually the only experienced MMO gamers who do join low population guilds are hardcore player guilds who move to a low population server to ruin the game for everyone else since they have no competition that fights back!
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No
    /10 chars
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Would you?

This is a temporary situation since all of the servers are going to merge in the future so my question is why bother? If you want a fresh start create a new character on the server you are already on.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, besides it will all be one server eventually anyway. Stop asking for this it's not going to happen
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No. Game is bad. New server won't fix that. The major xploits and bugs where just the last nail in the coffin. People started leaving before that ( people with brains that is.)

people left playing NW are: fanboys/girls, Chinafarmers, cheaters and exploiters, people without common sense. people who have not reached lvl 60 yet.
  • Options
    mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Nope. I value my time and I don't feel butt pain for someone richer or better geared then me, I will get there eventually legit way.

word of wisdom
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    If i had all of my purchases and original founders items refunded, in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see what the big deal is about a new server, or why people are so quick to shut down the idea. It would doubtlessly keep thousands of players who would leave otherwise, so that's a plus for PW certainly. As to why players would oppose it, I can't imagine why except the cheaters who don't want to be stuck with loads of AD and nobody to lord it over. And all the arguments that "they're all going to merge derp!" are just silly; its obviously understood that this new server would not be merged in with the others, so relax.

Already 3 servers now; why is 4 out of the question? Nobody would be forced to play on it.
  • Options
    svannstonesvannstone Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wasabiburn wrote: »
    No, besides it will all be one server eventually anyway.

So they say. I have serious doubts that they can manage a mass server merge.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mickwan wrote: »
    word of wisdom

word if fanboish ignorance
  • Options
    aarkane1976aarkane1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    people left playing NW are: fanboys/girls, Chinafarmers, cheaters and exploiters, people without common sense. people who have not reached lvl 60 yet.

Congrats. You just defined just about every MMO ever created... /golfclap

Fact is, MMOs are a "pick your poison" situation. There is no such thing as a perfect MMO. If there was, everyone would be playing it. WoW is still the #1 MMO out there (in terms of population) and it has every bit of what you said that I quoted. Move along to your next disappointment.
    Aarkane
    Devoted Cleric of the Dragon Shard
    Recruit of Grievance
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    I would create a character and over the next few weeks I would compare new server with old server.

I would then make an informed decision to either stay on corrupted shard or fully migrate to the new shard and wave goodbye to the couple of hundred hours I invested in old shard.

PWE should actually create a new shard JUST to validate if there is in fact an issue or if it is mass hysteria. 30 days would tell the tale.

Shard isn't corrupted. The economy is fine. No one has yet made any decent attempt to prove me wrong.
  • Options
    pungkapungka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really don't care that a few people may have avoided some bans and have a little bit more loot than me. That is not worth me rerolling all of my characters. I don't understand why people care what others have in a cooperative PvE game...
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope......
  • Options
    trypta2trypta2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    No, I can't wait for them to combine us onto one. I have RL Friends I cant play with it until they do!!!!

Any word on when this may happen?

Oh, I forgot that better ideas are impossible and plans can't change. My bad.
  • Options
    trypta2trypta2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Shard isn't corrupted. The economy is fine. No one has yet made any decent attempt to prove me wrong.

You can't just say "PROVE IT!" and have that be your argument, that only works for 9 year old children. The fact that people have been doing the negative bidding exploit since day one is all the proof you need. GF were killing Castle Never bosses in one shot and getting flooding the market with extremely rare loot that should be much more difficult to get. You're either a successful troll or a complete idiot.
  • Options
    moradinsballsmoradinsballs Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Better ideas are possible and plans can change. Problem is this idea of a new server is self serving and not a better idea for the majority.

The best thing for everyone is to be able to play the game together with as many people as possible.

Not separate us!
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    trypta2 wrote: »
    You can't just say "PROVE IT!" and have that be your argument, that only works for 9 year old children. The fact that people have been doing the negative bidding exploit since day one is all the proof you need. GF were killing Castle Never bosses in one shot and getting flooding the market with extremely rare loot that should be much more difficult to get. You're either a successful troll or a complete idiot.

Scientists are nine year old children? There's no reason to believe something when no proof exists. All they did was speed up what would inevitably happen. Tier gear is cheaper than what it should be. This is not enough reason to open up a new server or wipe the game. That is ridiculous. In a month from now everyone will be farming the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of those instances. The leveling process is quick, a guild that in another mmo would need 10-40 people to raid can field 2-8 more entire groups in this one doing it 8 times faster. It's easier to get 5 people together than 20. At the same time people are able to pug these dungeons (albeit with quite a bit of difficulty in tier 2 but overtime that'll change.) It's not hard to gear, end game gear is BOE, did you seriously think it would be worth a lot forever exploits aside? As more people get to 60 more people will be running it, as people continue to run it they will get better at it, as more people have the gear more people will have extras, with more people having extras more of it will go on the auction house, as more flood the auction house the price will drop.

Sorry the economy is fine. High tier gear would drop in price anyway. High tier gear being inexpensive does not = destroyed economy. For the economy to be destroyed the currency must become worthless or next to worthless. The economy is fine as everything can be affordable over time. Tell me when single items are running at 250+ dollars. Currently in D3 the best items to obtain cost over 1,000 irl dollars to afford or 90,000,000,000 in game currency. D3 isn't even the most broken economy I've seen. So yes. If you feel the economy is destroyed I'm going to ask for proof.
  • Options
    mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    word if fanboish ignorance

word of jelly player whom didnt get a chance to cheat