test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If they opened a new server tomorrow, would you move there?

imaginaryhawkimaginaryhawk Member Posts: 36
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Would you?
Post edited by imaginaryhawk on

Comments

• Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I definitely will.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope. I value my time and I don't feel butt pain for someone richer or better geared then me, I will get there eventually legit way.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm only level 20, but yes. Yes I would.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, I can't wait for them to combine us onto one. I have RL Friends I cant play with it until they do!!!!

Any word on when this may happen?
  • Options
    rezargamerrezargamer Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    No, as it has said every time it has been suggested it wouldn't work since the plan is to merge all shards into one eventually anyway.
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    These forums are filled with friggin children who keep crying for this or that its almost unbearable.
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm surprised so many people seem to be unaware that the separate shards are only a temporary measure to alleviate performance concerns, and that the plan is to move everyone onto one world. They probably should have explained this on the server select screen (actually, I think they did, or maybe I'm thinking of something else).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    New server not new shard.
  • Options
    kimeo1kimeo1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no need to move
  • Options
    bbsoonerbbsooner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    Nah, I'd rather not reroll.
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    estsu wrote: »
    New server not new shard.

server, shard, world, home.. all just different ways of saying the same thing. Shard is a term from Ultima Online for what Everquest and WoW call "servers", what GW2 calls home, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm well aware that their intent is to merge the servers eventually, but at the rate they are going this wont happen anytime soon, too many other problems to solve. So practically it is irrelevant that eventually there will be only one shard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm well aware that their intent is to merge the servers eventually, but at the rate they are going this wont happen anytime soon, too many other problems to solve. So practically it is irrelevant that eventually there will be only one shard.

Then, what you're basically saying is "I would like to have the option of sticking my head in the sand for a little while longer". Because eventually all the baggage from these exploits is going to impact you eventually anyway (through a merge), or another exploit will eventually make that new server as bad as all the others.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nope, this isnt how it works. The majority of people around here arent going to stick to this game for a long time, we will play for a few months at best and then move on, so like I said the eventual merger is completely irrelevant. New server could allow people to have a better few months experience with the game.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    No, but I would wave "hello" when you all got merged back together with us in a few weeks.
  • Options
    giffen2giffen2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes I would. The game is absurdly easy to level up in anyway.
  • Options
    giffen2giffen2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    No, but I would wave "hello" when you all got merged back together with us in a few weeks.

I doubt it will be in a couple of months let alone a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, cos sooner or later it'll be merged with the current 3...
  • Options
    failpatchfailpatch Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why..who cares. This game is DOA at this point as is every Craptic game.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would create a character and over the next few weeks I would compare new server with old server.

I would then make an informed decision to either stay on corrupted shard or fully migrate to the new shard and wave goodbye to the couple of hundred hours I invested in old shard.

PWE should actually create a new shard JUST to validate if there is in fact an issue or if it is mass hysteria. 30 days would tell the tale.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No I wouldn't. I have friends on Dragon. I have 5 characters on Dragon that I've invested time and money on. My main reason though is that my gaming experience wouldn't change at all in a perceptible or important manner besides the stress of trying to get all my friends to re-roll for some reason and spending more time in raising my 5 characters and their professions.

I'd get no benefit at all from re-rolling on a new shard. There would still be people that level faster than me. There would still be people that have more AD/Zen than me. I'll just keep having a good time with my current characters.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope they can not merge servers soon enough for me..it will kill a lot of this crying.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    edgenw wrote: »
    server, shard, world, home.. all just different ways of saying the same thing. Shard is a term from Ultima Online for what Everquest and WoW call "servers", what GW2 calls home, etc.

Ok then make a new shard then. I see no problem with it since most of you will be staying anyway. Whats the big negativity about?
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    I would create a character and over the next few weeks I would compare new server with old server.

I would then make an informed decision to either stay on corrupted shard or fully migrate to the new shard and wave goodbye to the couple of hundred hours I invested in old shard.

PWE should actually create a new shard JUST to validate if there is in fact an issue or if it is mass hysteria. 30 days would tell the tale.

That's kind of a good idea. Now that you brought that up I probably would make a new character just to see how my enjoyment of the game would be exactly the same except that my friends wouldn't be there with me.

Not that it matters I suppose. Within a few weeks or sooner there would again be a bunch of people complaining that some other people got to level 60 before them and have better equipment and more AD/Zen than them. Maybe they wouldn't complain quite as much though because the people with more than them didn't exploit to get it? Nah... they'd still complain that it was done through exploits. And they'd probably be right, because this is a MMO. Exploits and cheaters are just something you learn to ignore and focus on your own fun instead.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    That's kind of a good idea. Now that you brought that up I probably would make a new character just to see how my enjoyment of the game would be exactly the same except that my friends wouldn't be there with me.

Not that it matters I suppose. Within a few weeks or sooner there would again be a bunch of people complaining that some other people got to level 60 before them and have better equipment and more AD/Zen than them. Maybe they wouldn't complain quite as much though because the people with more than them didn't exploit to get it? Nah... they'd still complain that it was done through exploits. And they'd probably be right, because this is a MMO. Exploits and cheaters are just something you learn to ignore and focus on your own fun instead.

Well you have to admit that there was an abundance of exploits which have since been corrected. Will there be others? No doubt.

Though I would hazard a guess and say that the new server would not have near the amount of AD/ZEN circulating as the old server. Comparing the first 30 day mark of each server.
  • Options
    mogdamusmogdamus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course not. It's the same exact game, and would probably be running on the same infrastructure. What would be the point?
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Opening servers won't work. Unless, the majority of the players are willing to spend a huge amount of money on keys to obtain IDOLS for the 40k AD's.

You guys forget that with professions and dailys that there will be NO WAY to obtain the amount of AD's needed to cope with the AD sinks. The 2 mil AD boost per founder is what kept the AD circulation sufficient.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    giffen2 wrote: »
    I doubt it will be in a couple of months let alone a couple of weeks.

Since the only reason for the three shards was to cope with the Open Beta surge, the only thing ahead that might impede a merger is launch. Two Saturdays after launch they'll know if queues are manageable.

Most PWE "no-wipe" Open Betas last a month. Launch will be within weeks. I predict merger will be less than two months after the start of Open Beta; at most, less than three.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope they can not merge servers soon enough for me..it will kill a lot of this crying.

Nothing will stop the crying. The forums are fueled by tears

That said. Nope wouldnt switch
  • Options
    cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep, the other option is to just leave. I'll stick for a bit to see if PWE get their **** together, but its not looking hopeful.