test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you think "Caturday Survivor's Pack" is acceptable as compensation??

Comments

• redlanceredlance Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    No.
    They are making fun of their customers, the ones that should give them money...
  • vegetafh1vegetafh1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a simple observation guys
    Ive only been playing about 2 or so weeks and during this disaster i seen very few people (it was still alot but afew) compared to now, after this disaster but before the current maintanance ive seen ALOT of people, like... ALOT to the point where it actually starting lagging me from the game
    It might have just been a stroke of a large ammount of people but, i think the game has actually growen in numbers rather then declined

But tbh, i dont think that has to do with the package, im just adding this as observation
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Considering your overblown and laughable sense of entitlement, the personal attacks don't come as a surprise. :) Both are expressions of immaturity.

You didn't lose anything, you are not owed anything, no one ripped you off, and in the larger picture you are just as insignificant and irrelevant as the rest of us. It doesn't really matter what you (or I, or anyone else here) want. You can also stay and whine and throw fits, but that does not change a thing, except that you keep upsetting yourself. This is what it is and you can either suck it up or leave. There, I put it bluntly this time so that the point isn't missed a second time.

I'm not mad, I don't really care, it's just a game and i know that one day i'll be done with it. But expressing what you think on the forums works with cryptic. Trust me, it does. They gave us <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this time. Next time, they might make an effort if it has to happen again, or they may make efforts so that we don't lose some in-game currencies. Like the devs on STO often say it's a business and they want to make a game people might pay for.

I'll make it blunt so that you get it this time: they better make efforts if it has to happen again. I don't mind if some self-important jerks don't think they should. You can suck it up or leave this thread if you don't like seeing others don't agree with you. :)
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if we can dye the cape a solid color?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Of course it is. What more do you want? They didn't even need to give us anything.

This. People should be happy they are even giving us something which they in no way have to do. The community QQ's cause they want something done. They QQ when something is done. Then they QQ when Cryptic/PWE gives us something free..

The "entitled" generation needs to go away. but before you do, flip my burger and yes, I do want fries with that.
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's actually ok with me, it's actually quite nice of them to give us these items.

still waiting for the exchange though, I have some of my ADs stored in there =.="
  • sverbridgesverbridge Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vegetafh1 wrote: »
    Simple question guys and girls
    Is it acceptable?
    Yes. They did not have to give away anything. I know I wasn't expecting anything from this but I will take the pack anyway as a sign of good faith.
  • byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    GEbcpds.png
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, and frankly I am appalled that some people in a thread wanting "caturday survivor" titles were given what they want where there have been tons and tons of polls, and threads going around news sites, this forum, facebook, twitter and other forums in the gaming community asking for a wipe to clean ourselves up after we have been crapped on pw..

Bye guys.. and for the answers to all the questions coming in:

yep you can haz my stuffs
    and yep i am mad bro
    and yep i am a dumb individual for spending money on a PW game when they have an F rating with the BB.. stupid me for not listening to other consumers

Dose that mean we will never ever see you post again?

Serious question not being snarky, doing some metrics.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    The "entitled" generation needs to go away. but before you do, flip my burger and yes, I do want fries with that.

Nah, "entitled" people make the world better for everyone. Yes it's just a game and yes there are more important causes, but it has to start somewhere. I wish people didn't get over everything IRL though. :D
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm no longer amazed at people always crying for compensation.

Compensation should be only for real money monetary looses, not for inconveniences in a free to play game.
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I am happy with it especially since i just got some character slots and rolled toons on them late Friday early Saturday. They are seemingly making the best out of a bad situation.
  • eyeofgruumsheyeofgruumsh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "I was born in the 90's and I'm entitled to everything!"

/thread
  • omegastatomegastat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I want back are my Celestial Coins but I doubt that's going to happen. I'll take the free swag though.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Nah, "entitled" people make the world better for everyone. Yes it's just a game and yes there are more important causes, but it has to start somewhere. I wish people didn't get over everything IRL though. :D

Not to get political but tell that to every failed welfare state. No one is ever entitled to a gift, entitlements are personal rights not monetary or material goods.

As some of the older posters can attest I'm pretty left of center, but there is such a thing as common sense and standing up against parasitic behaviour.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This was very cool of the developers - hands down. Personally, I didn't lose that much = 4 levels. What was kinda cool about the revert: I was lvl 32 trying to fight the Shepard of the Damned & I died about 4 times; wasting 40 or so heal potions - got them all back & decided after the revert to level up to 35 or 36 before trying him again.

To the developers: You folks are awesome! Probably the 1st or 2nd on my list of favorite Dev.Teams. Bioware is my other favorite. Thanks for all of the attempts to communicate with the community - please never stop communicationg!!
  • vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The compensation is fine. Nothing is deserved but it is nice that they want to give us something. Complaining about a gift is very bad form. The cloak looks a bit goofy but over all it is fine.

All die, so die well.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1 free coffer of enchantment or whatever the 7 celestial coin item is for everyone and they'd be fine. Maybe even some random dye packs. I have yet to see a fashion item in the game I even sort of wanted :P
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    The compensation is fine. Nothing is deserved but it is nice that they want to give us something. Complaining about a gift is very bad form. The cloak looks a bit goofy but over all it is fine.

It's not a gift, it's an attempt at placating disgruntled people. It would be like your ISP giving you a free tshirt for depriving you of service for a weekend.
  • goladongoladon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is the youtube generation so entitled?
  • gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    It's not a gift, it's an attempt at placating disgruntled people. It would be like your ISP giving you a free tshirt for depriving you of service for a weekend.

A real t-shirt?
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    goladon wrote: »
    Why is the youtube generation so entitled?

I've got three letters for you W o W.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being a 100% free player that barely got touched by the rollback, I answered the "free stuff" option, because that's exactly what it is.
    I would have answered "Yes", but I doubt I have any right to demand for a compensation of any kind.
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    A cape? Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cool capes & all, but an item that will quickly get out-leveled as a reward for not exploiting the game to death? C'mon, give us something worthwhile & lasting.
  • stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »

Questionable analogy. I pay for my ISP service, and would expect compensation for not receiving goods/services I paid for. Last I checked, this is still a free game. Sure, you can invest money into it if you choose, but there a plenty of folks who enjoy the game and haven't sunk a thin dime into it.

For me, it didn't impact me a whole lot. So I get free swag for something that didn't really bother me that much in the first place. Winning. :cool:
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • dakathraeldakathrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've not paid a single cent of real money for this game, so as far as I'm concerned, whatever downtime the NW crew need, however many times they need to do the maintenance, they've got it without a single word of complaint from me.
    Is it frustrating? Yes it is, I really enjoy the game. But they've given us a very good game for no money.
    Do founders have a right to complain? I suppose they do, they did drop a considerable amount of money into it, but at the same time, it's a single payment, it's not like we're paying monthly for this and they'll reap the benefits of that payment long after all of the issues are resolved.
    So, with that in mind, along with, what I think is pretty damned good customer service (keeping us up to date with things even if it's just to tell us that nothing's really advanced yet) that we were given compensation is bloody amazing as far as I'm concerned.
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    You got something for not being able to play for a couple hours and for them fixing an exploit. Im rather happy with the items and will continue to play (even if they did a server wipe)
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A cape? Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cool capes & all, but an item that will quickly get out-leveled as a reward for not exploiting the game to death? C'mon, give us something worthwhile & lasting.

It's a cape with a cat painted on it.
    edited May 2013
    A real t-shirt?

Sure, but of an uncomfortable size and a graphic so bad it's instantly relegated to dust rag or painting duty.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Of course it is. What more do you want? They didn't even need to give us anything.

When I saw your reply to the announcement, I was tempted to ask "Is there anything that wouldn't have been a great job on their part for you ?"

Glad to see I was correct and there was no need.