test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you think "Caturday Survivor's Pack" is acceptable as compensation??

Comments

• etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gravityx19 wrote: »
    You got something for not being able to play for a couple hours and for them fixing an exploit. Im rather happy with the items and will continue to play (even if they did a server wipe)

Look at the pack contents and consider the biggest legit claim of injury people have voiced is the loss of coins. PWE actually made new items instead of just giving people the 7 coin reward coffer. What a strange waste of effort.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to get political but tell that to every failed welfare state. No one is ever entitled to a gift, entitlements are personal rights not monetary or material goods.

As some of the older posters can attest I'm pretty left of center, but there is such a thing as common sense and standing up against parasitic behaviour.

It wasn't political either. Last month, I had some issues with my 3G for 3-4 days. Called the company, ranted a bit, got a month for free. That was expected. It's normal.

Here the consumer service is rather pathetic: you can lose up to one week of in-game progression (celestial coins) and you only get some fashion items and vendor trash. That's not being parasitic, that's just common sense, if no one ever complains about what a company does (or doesn't do) to apologize when it makes a mistake it will happen again.
  • druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Questionable analogy. I pay for my ISP service, and would expect compensation for not receiving goods/services I paid for. Last I checked, this is still a free game. Sure, you can invest money into it if you choose, but there a plenty of folks who enjoy the game and haven't sunk a thin dime into it.

For me, it didn't impact me a whole lot. So I get free swag for something that didn't really bother me that much in the first place. Winning. :cool:
    As a paying customer, I can't access the AD I paid for since the exchange is down.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dakathrael wrote: »
    I've not paid a single cent of real money for this game, so as far as I'm concerned, whatever downtime the NW crew need, however many times they need to do the maintenance, they've got it without a single word of complaint from me.
    Is it frustrating? Yes it is, I really enjoy the game. But they've given us a very good game for no money.
    Do founders have a right to complain? I suppose they do, they did drop a considerable amount of money into it, but at the same time, it's a single payment, it's not like we're paying monthly for this and they'll reap the benefits of that payment long after all of the issues are resolved.
    So, with that in mind, along with, what I think is pretty damned good customer service (keeping us up to date with things even if it's just to tell us that nothing's really advanced yet) that we were given compensation is bloody amazing as far as I'm concerned.

where to even begin with this....
  • eseregoneseregon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    futrix wrote: »
    They were 5man. Just instances.
    In the beginning they were 10 man Dungeons for blue pre-raid gear sets.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    It's a cape with a cat painted on it.

Right, what else could be better than that! :D
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited May 2013
    Questionable analogy. I pay for my ISP service, and would expect compensation for not receiving goods/services I paid for. Last I checked, this is still a free game. Sure, you can invest money into it if you choose, but there a plenty of folks who enjoy the game and haven't sunk a thin dime into it.

For me, it didn't impact me a whole lot. So I get free swag for something that didn't really bother me that much in the first place. Winning. :cool:

I suppose but I think that there will be long lasting changes to prices and anyone who actually bought AD through zen is going to lose money. I seriously doubt every mule will be caught. Hundreds of millions of AD floating around are going to wreck havoc.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Look at the pack contents and consider the biggest legit claim of injury people have voiced is the loss of coins. PWE actually made new items instead of just giving people the 7 coin reward coffer. What a strange waste of effort.

This didn't affect everyone, though. I do my invoking in the European mornings and I didn't lose out on any coins. This only affects players who didn't invoke on Sunday. I agree, though, that one of those coffers may have been a good choice, as well.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    This didn't affect everyone, though. I do my invoking in the European mornings and I didn't lose out on any coins. This only affects players who didn't invoke on Sunday. I agree, though, that one of those coffers may have been a good choice, as well.

Oh, so I wasn't the only one. I did invoke on Sunday, half an hour before the server closed.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited May 2013

With the pack they're releasing, everyone gets a bag full of ~trash and no one gets items replaced. It's almost lose lose. It's just odd.
  • akaiifsakaiifs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, what a slap in the face! Seriously this launch, game management, and "compenstation" is a joke. Money suck is a money suck. Enjoy it while it lasts and then scrap this game, on the next one.
    edited May 2013
    With the pack they're releasing, everyone gets a bag full of ~trash and no one gets items replaced. It's almost lose lose. It's just odd.

^ this! Everyone should be upset. A bag would have been fine and acceptable, but this, like the poster said, is a WASTE!
  • cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They taking the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?
    I lost 6 tokens and quite a few AD not to mention serveral hours levelling time, professions and so on.

and they give me this useless piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? Thats not compensation thats bloody insulting.
    edited May 2013
    akaiifs wrote: »
    Wow, what a slap in the face! Seriously this launch, game management, and "compenstation" is a joke. Money suck is a money suck. Enjoy it while it lasts and then scrap this game, on the next one.

Oh grow up...

If you're going to bring up the issues this game can be perceived to have, then at least don't put forward an argument that gives ammunition to those that would rather dismiss everything as "self entitlement" you do no one any favors, and are part of the problem in my opinion.

If you see problems in the game, fkn elaborate properly or don't post.
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Of course it is. What more do you want? They didn't even need to give us anything.

I'm with Kat!

Lottie
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I suppose but I think that there will be long lasting changes to prices and anyone who actually bought AD through zen is going to lose money. I seriously doubt every mule will be caught. Hundreds of millions of AD floating around are going to wreck havoc.

This is speculation and an unproven claim. In a few days, when the AH and exchange have been up for a while again, there will be evidence for one or the other theory. Before that I feel that claims that there are hundreds of millions "illegal" AD floating around to be premature. You don't know this. (Neither do I.)

Also, no one who bought AD with Zen lost any money. In-game AD prices for services and vendor stuff remains unchanged, and if AH prices are affected, then this goes for both buying and selling. AD can also be converted back and I would bet cash that we won't see an exchange rate of 500:1 for very long, if we see it at all. But time will tell.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, I cant use anything there, its all dead weight.
    edited May 2013

It is all relative. I'd rather have the teleport scrolls, the cape and the stone than seven coins, but as I said, I didn't lose any coins in the first place, so my opinion on this is not that meaningful.
  • gorbulasgorbulas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, the items didn't really replace anything lost. not a good pack in that regards. pwe wants you to spend money to replace those i bet. (celestial coins + armored mount)
    edited May 2013
    Hah Cat Cloak has no stats and can only change the graphic of other cloaks. Which all look much better anyway in my opinion.
  • tkittehtkitteh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's about as much as I expected from past exeriences, which isn't much
    edited May 2013
    This is speculation and an unproven claim. In a few days, when the AH and exchange have been up for a while again, there will be evidence for one or the other theory. Before that I feel that claims that there are hundreds of millions "illegal" AD floating around to be premature. You don't know this. (Neither do I.)

Also, no one who bought AD with Zen lost any money. In-game AD prices for services and vendor stuff remains unchanged, and if AH prices are affected, then this goes for both buying and selling. AD can also be converted back and I would bet cash that we won't see an exchange rate of 500:1 for very long, if we see it at all. But time will tell.

There are still people showing new screenshots of their mules with 100 mil still on them. So far there is a terrible track record for mule banning. Sure it's speculation, but it's based on at least a little fact.
    edited May 2013
    There are still people showing new screenshots of their mules with 100 mil still on them. So far there is a terrible track record for mule banning. Sure it's speculation, but it's based on at least a little fact.

Various of those screenshots turned out to be photoshopped, though. But anyway, we'll know more in a few days.

I like the cape. I would probably have paid Zen for it! (Would have preferred it to be social clothing, though.)

390:1 on Dragon, by the way, right now. Let's see what happens during the rest of the week.
  • niblnibl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I really have mix feeling about all these stuff... While I LOVE design of cloak. I still don't like whole situation (did we get statement what happens to those that heavily exploited it - I only hope it is not "lets forget about it"). Also it seems that 7h seems bit too short time.
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Oh grow up...

If you're going to bring up the issues this game can be perceived to have, then at least don't put forward an argument that gives ammunition to those that would rather dismiss everything as "self entitlement" you do no one any favors, and are part of the problem in my opinion.

If you see problems in the game, fkn elaborate properly or don't post.

Yeah I suppose you are one of the noobs who still isn't 60 and is watering at the mouth bc you get free xp scrolls. Grats
  • edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is really nothing in that pack that made me say "neat", much less "well, that was worth it". I would have preferred something more practical, like a bag, respec token, etc. Even a key would have been nice.

My characters aren't high enough level that I've run into cloaks yet, so I thought that would at least be cool until I realized it was going to replace my amulet (which has stats, and thus is not being removed for a cosmetic cloak).
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nibl wrote: »
    Well I really have mix feeling about all these stuff... While I LOVE design of cloak. I still don't like whole situation (did we get statement what happens to those that heavily exploited it - I only hope it is not "lets forget about it"). Also it seems that 7h seems bit too short time.

Now, if they only could make the cloaks not go through your body when you are mounted...
    edited May 2013
    akaiifs wrote: »
    Yeah I suppose you are one of the noobs who still isn't 60 and is watering at the mouth bc you get free xp scrolls. Grats

Association fallacy

Care to actually make sense now? or do you just want to keep banging your head off the metaphorical brick wall which has a large neon sign on it stating "you're wrong" perhaps?
  • ulthgrimulthgrim Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I for one am not complaining about free stuff for things that didn't affect me to begin with.
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Association fallacy

Care to actually make sense now? or do you just want to keep banging your head off the metaphorical brick wall which has a large neon sign on it stating "you're wrong" perhaps?

Reading comprehension evades you? I will make it plain and simple for you: Those of us who actually understand the game and are already 60, benefit in zero (none, nil, nothing) from this "compensation package". It is just another ploy for you to spend money to reskin the "harrowkitty" cloak, only benefits the "kiddies" who just started a day before this event happened and are still leveling, IE making use of the x2 xp tokens.