test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

There is one thing alot of people seem to be missing.

rick4003rick4003 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Don't play their game, play yours.

If there is an XP exploit oh well. Xp isn't finite I wont level any slower.

There are AD exploits ruining the economy. Buy from npc vendors or barter. Let them swim in there astral diamonds like scrooge mcduck.

Some guy needs everything in a PUG. Ask him to stop, he he doesn't oh well make friends with the other players and form a core group of adventures.

Some guy exploits to get super end game purple gear. Ask him to take the lead and thank him for his service at the end of the dungeon.

Pugs suck. matchmaking sucks. Start a guild or chat channel looking for like minded players.

There is a friends list and an ignore button.

There is no winner (pvp is optional)

Coming from Star Trek online, the same thing that drew me to STO appeals to me in neverwinter to. Cryptic made a game that appeals to power gamers but doesn't cater exclusively to them. You can play this game at your own pace, in your own way, to your own ends.

Rick Shieldheart GF54 dragon
Post edited by rick4003 on

Comments

• Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This man knows. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I play my own game, but there will always be this "raspberry seed in my wisdom tooth" feeling knowing that others have things by cheating that I am working hard for.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    garblebeastgarblebeast Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rick4003 wrote: »

There are AD exploits ruining the economy. Buy from npc vendors or barter. Let them swim in there astral diamonds like scrooge mcduck.

Some guy needs everything in a PUG. Ask him to stop, he he doesn't oh well make friends with the other players and form a core group of adventures.

Some guy exploits to get super end game purple gear. Ask him to take the lead and thank him for his service at the end of the dungeon.

Pugs suck. matchmaking sucks. Start a guild or chat channel looking for like minded players.

Coming from Star Trek online, the same thing that drew me to STO appeals to me in neverwinter to. Cryptic made a game that appeals to power gamers but doesn't cater exclusively to them. You can play this game at your own pace, in your own way, to your own ends.

Some very sound advice, I like they way you think :)
    AKA Nikobug :D
  • Options
    jacknilljacknill Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except the exploiters are banned, exploit is fixed, game was reset before everything went FUBAR and they're even giving us a present for it all.

I think you people are too used to treating every game like a flavor of the month type of thing instead of taking them all at face value. Levels and loot mean jack in this game. The fun is in the gameplay and in the story. People can make their own quests fairly easily, we can do PVP at whatever level, dungeons whenever we want to, mini-dungeons (skirmishes) whenever we want to and none of that is ever going to change even IF the economy was destroyed.

If anyone playing this game is playing it so they can hit level 60, get the best gear, brag and quit until more content comes out then they should quit right now because they are missing the entire point of this game.
  • Options
    drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I still think the SimCity launch was worse :)
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I play my own game, but there will always be this "raspberry seed in my wisdom tooth" feeling knowing that others have things by cheating that I am working hard for.
    This applies to everything in life. For everything that can be done there is a straight, well lit path, and there is a shorter winding path in the shadows that gives more to the walker and faster, unless they get caught.
  • Options
    drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bottom line is people get really worked up.

Fact remains, when someone has a bad experience they tend to voice their complaint more so than someone who is happy or content.

Polls, forum posts and the like will never truly show an accurate percent of the population.
  • Options
    mhelivormhelivor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Good post OP.
  • Options
    gromblefacegrombleface Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with OP 100%. I don't care what anyone else has got or what it cost them. I like to work for stuff, then it feels worthwhile to have it. Just like real life, really.
  • Options
    stealthymcthiefstealthymcthief Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's another thing a lot of people on the internet seem to be missing. Common sense. No point in trying to convince anybody.
  • Options
    millacanomillacano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i lol'd when i read OP post.

nothing bad from him sound advice but as well know there are alot of people on mmo's these days with more money than sense who will ignore everything and continue to fund this <<swearing>> of a game.

me myself have hardly any spare cash after my bills so ftp is my only option to enjoy mmo's , i have enjoyed this game from about 2nd day i played it ((first was being lost as always and learning controls and such ))

but the whole system seems out of whack in game.
    people don't bother putting reasonable buyouts on sales.
    spam .. god so much spam at enclave
    people don;t even say hi when they join dungeons or pvp ,,, it's just silence while we "do the job"
    it just seems all out of whack , thats the reason i am fully for a wipe though we are never gonna get one they made some money they are happy to let it be as it is .. basic bussiness aslong as dumb people don;t mind putting money into soemthing that broken .

if it were say as well set-up as other ftp games like sto . i would of probbaly sunk money in but as far as i can see there just not any point.
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP sounds like he wants to play a single player game but stumbled upon an MMO.
  • Options
    levofedlevofed Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like this post a lot. Great wisdom can be drawn from those words. If you constantly concern yourself with the meadlings of others you will forever be a jaded individual. Play the game because you like it and find those who share in your interests. Ignore the prophets of doom for the forcast their own demise.
  • Options
    scorpion2112scorpion2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Nice post. An easy-going man with some easy-going advice. I like it.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good post OP, but it isn't about cheating or exploiting or any third thing...it's about forum drama mock outrage, and pushing some pet agenda. The good news is these drama queens will move on to the next MMO and make the exact same whine post there just like they did on the Defiance forums, the GW2 forums, the TSW forums etc etc.

This knowledge is why forums are ignored by the devs and are basically used as a playpen for the rabble.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You would be right... if this was a singleplayer game. I don't mind other players cheating in skyrim.
    But this is an mmo. If you want to play an mmo, you care about what other players do.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sadmummy wrote: »
    You would be right... if this was a singleplayer game. I don't mind other players cheating in skyrim.
    But this is an mmo. If you want to play an mmo, you care about what other players do.

Why? I don't care what my neighbor does, so long as he doesn't get drunk and drive his car over or under my car, or isn't a drug dealer with crack heads running in and out at all hours. It's none of my business, until it directly affects me. These exploits; they don't affect me. "But Rob, the AH is borked, and so is the economy", and if I was going to be playing the AH more than the game, this would affect me, but I'm not, so it doesn't. "But Rob, you might need to buy gear, and you won't be able to afford it". I need to buy a new car, and can't afford it; what forum do I go to complain about that, since my neighbor has a brand new Mustang(the only Ford I would drive and brag about)? You see, people talk a lot about "quality of life" in an MMO, but really, there's no such thing. I can log out any time I want to. I can't log out of my life. Well, technically, I guess I can, but I'll get permabanned from logging back in... So no, "quality of life" isn't a valid argument for something that is, by it's very definition, not life.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    sverbridgesverbridge Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's the way I play here and in CO. Definitely take into consideration what my character would do and not really pay attention to what others are doing. I've grouped up with some others in Neverwinter for adventure, but they were just interested in rushing to the end, no exploring the environment to see what else might be there. Maybe I've just grouped up with the wrong players, but the OP's statement is what I live by now.

I'd just feel dirty if I knowingly took part in an exploit. Plus it would ruin my gaming experience.
  • Options
    xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why? I don't care what my neighbor does, so long as he doesn't get drunk and drive his car over or under my car, or isn't a drug dealer with crack heads running in and out at all hours. It's none of my business, until it directly affects me. These exploits; they don't affect me. "But Rob, the AH is borked, and so is the economy", and if I was going to be playing the AH more than the game, this would affect me, but I'm not, so it doesn't. "But Rob, you might need to buy gear, and you won't be able to afford it". I need to buy a new car, and can't afford it; what forum do I go to complain about that, since my neighbor has a brand new Mustang(the only Ford I would drive and brag about)? You see, people talk a lot about "quality of life" in an MMO, but really, there's no such thing. I can log out any time I want to. I can't log out of my life. Well, technically, I guess I can, but I'll get permabanned from logging back in... So no, "quality of life" isn't a valid argument for something that is, by it's very definition, not life.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! Everything I got, I got from Dungeons and running with guildmates. To hell with the AH. My AD was going to be used to trick out my alt, but why?

There isn't ANYTHING to do but get gear or run foundry stories at level 60, PvE wise after the main quest is completed. So I'm not sweating rushing through it.
  • Options
    gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    +2 for the OP, it's a game , a free one at that minus what ever you invest, but it will always be just that...a game =)
    ~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
    H.P Lovecraft style Horror
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I can dig the "don't get bent" advice, its good. That said, Cryptic is addressing many of those issues, in the beta, which many will argue this isn't, but if nothing else, it's their free pass to take the servers down for maintenance as much as necessary and change virtually anything they feel needs changing. So not getting bent is good, but also keep in mind, much of what bugs people is in fact being worked on and addressed too.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xervai wrote: »
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! Everything I got, I got from Dungeons and running with guildmates. To hell with the AH. My AD was going to be used to trick out my alt, but why?

There isn't ANYTHING to do but get gear or run foundry stories at level 60, PvE wise after the main quest is completed. So I'm not sweating rushing through it.

That's how I play about every game I've ever played, MMO or not. I could have a few 60's by now, if I really wanted to, but I don't. I never sweat buying gear, in most games, I'm never going to be able to anyway. The thing is, if the game's giving me what I want out of it, I'll play it, and I'll play it long term. I played NWN for 5 years, playing online modules, building, writing and coding for servers. I was no where near the best coder, but I did write some pretty nice scripts, and some pretty essential ones for servers with stability problems. The Foundry is probably going to be where I spend some of my time, once I learn it. I enjoy creating every bit as much as playing in games where it's possible, so again, check it out, the exploiters didn't affect me, well, maybe a little, since I'll have to be careful what kind of modules I add.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013

There are AD exploits ruining the economy. Buy from npc vendors ...

stoped reading at this point.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    imaginaryhawkimaginaryhawk Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Dont like the way your country is run? Become a President.

Dissapointed at the perfomance of your favourite football team? Become their coach.

Think that the sentence given to a recent murderer was not strict enough? Become a federal judge.

Seriously man, what's your problem? Everything is so easily solved.
  • Options
    czarnykogutczarnykogut Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This reminds me about similar action called "Dont give up on vista" :cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAd6bjc5V6k

"DONT ASK WHAT DEVELOPERS CAN DO FOR GAME, ASK WHAT YOU CAN BUY TO SUPPORT THEIR WALLETS" :cool:
  • Options
    gamerman121gamerman121 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Totally unrealistic post. The majority will follow the path of least resistance when it comes to any in-game activity. Its just human nature.
  • Options
    rick4003rick4003 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    davan9k wrote: »
    stoped reading at this point.

because so many people are concerned with what they DIDNT get not what they did.
  • Options
    gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Totally unrealistic post. The majority will follow the path of least resistance when it comes to any in-game activity. Its just human nature.

I agree, it is human nature. Thankfully the constant looking for the cheat,exploit, "easy way" isn't a dominant trait. I'd almost have to say its a form of aggressive narcissism, but definitely deviant behavior regardless.

So in opposition of what the vocal minority would say on these forums, I would put my money that the majority of players play any game for what it is, and the smaller population participate in the "easy way"
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    barter?

" hey dude will you sell me that purple for half its going price?"
    " LAWL NO NUB PAY FULL PRICE"
    " how about this epic?"
    " SCRUB I HAVE 20 MILL AD GET LOST NEED MORE AD"

sorry barter doesnt typically work unless have something of equal value and people want AD to buy zen, to buy stuff off the zen store... anyway i dont totally disagree... but are some things that devs need to fix and should be expected to fix.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Made me spit up my coffee..permabanned from relogging in LOL, great analogy sir
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX