test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There is one thing alot of people seem to be missing.

2»

Comments

• unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    This man knows. :)

.... not enough because it seems like he is still playing NW.

He's lvl 54 and hasn't figured out yet that the game is P2W and has no End-Content. Even for a "beta" this is just ridiculously little.

Level to 60 and enjoy it while it lasts.
  • arj0911arj0911 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    ...Level to 60 and enjoy it while it lasts.

The thing is, if you play casually and don't caught up in the rat race to "end game" (of which there is none to speak), and you aren't obsessed with obtaining the BiS gear (which isn't required to do any of the current content), it actually is a very enjoyable game. All of the current bugs and exploits have little to no impact on your day-to-day leveling experience from 1-60 as a casual player.

Having raided competitively for the better part of the last decade across multiple MMO's, I can sympathize with the frustrations of the competitive core player base with respect to end game balance issues, exploits, and bugs. But to echo the sentiment of the OP, it is what you make of it. As it stands right now, the game is enjoyable and 100% free if you approach it with a casual mind-set and just enjoy the ride from 1-60.
  • novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I play my own game, but there will always be this "raspberry seed in my wisdom tooth" feeling knowing that others have things by cheating that I am working hard for.

They're called, "Democrats."
  • braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    gorgothus wrote: »
    I agree, it is human nature. Thankfully the constant looking for the cheat,exploit, "easy way" isn't a dominant trait. I'd almost have to say its a form of aggressive narcissism, but definitely deviant behavior regardless.

So in opposition of what the vocal minority would say on these forums, I would put my money that the majority of players play any game for what it is, and the smaller population participate in the "easy way"

The problem is that the smaller population of cheaters will control the economy for months/years to come.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I play my own game, but there will always be this "raspberry seed in my wisdom tooth" feeling knowing that others have things by cheating that I am working hard for.

Someone made a great post about that in Reddit.

The situation in NWO right now is much like the mortgage crisis in the United States: there was an exploit that some people took advantage of. The system will recover, but some jerks are still going to be filthy rich, and ordinary folks will take a hit, short-term (roll back) and long-term (damaged economy). It ain't fair.

Dealing with situations like this, processing that sense of wrongness is a part of life. The world itself (which is much more important and serious than NWO) isn't fair, either.

What makes this rough for some people is that one of the things we want in our games (at least I do) is a world that is fair: within the level playing field of an MMO, time and effort are (or should be) rewarded equally, and a path to success (unlike in life) is clear, measurable, and achievable. That sense of justice within an internal system has taken a hit in NWO.

The thing that keeps occurring to me, here, is that the ability to react to that sort of injustice/wrongness is bigger than the game - it's life-big, if you know what I mean. In the face of unfairness, do you walk away, do you shake your fist, or do you make what you can control/accomplish the measure by which you judge your own success, rather than dwelling on exploiters or the imperfections of the system?

I'm not quitting: for me, it's the same game it was a couple of weeks ago. Whether anyone else quits is, of course, up to them. My thought, though, is that before you quit, you should take a step back and think about why you're doing it, and what it might (or might not) say about you.

Okay, philosophical rant over!
  • gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    The problem is that the smaller population of cheaters will control the economy for months/years to come.

I agree it will definitely affect the game economy, only in the short term of things. I have yet to see a game economy stay stable before or months after launch. Most of the time people are scrounging for a single silver, then in two years, everybody except the new players has a personal mint. The prices inflate on the AH to reflect this in due time.

Then you have honest players play the game just for cornering the markets through legit means, fixing prices,hoarding bucket loads, which should of been spent through the games money sinks. Yet thats their fun in the game.

Im giving into trust that the majority of the exploited AD was or is being traced and removed. However to play devils advocate for a second, a lot will depend on the money sinks in game or for that matter if there is even a need. If the market is to even resemble an actual economy. The AD is such a wonky currency as it is , I feel like instead of the usual cp-sp-gold-platinum etc we are using pesos or yen. Even the vendors have set numbers..80k pesos err AD for this item. So it's already unrealistic even in a game sense.

Reminds me of a game that used credits, you were broke until top level then you had millions. What's the value comparison..have no idea, so when the AH was installed, naturally all items went for x millions.

I'm pretty sure if the money sink doesn't remotely come close to the production of AD. 40k for a daily, worship bots claiming ADs on the hour ever hour, ect.

Which brings us back to the OP, don't let it bother you, play the game for what you enjoy , because if you look for negatives you'll find most games online these days all suffer from the same.
    ~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
    H.P Lovecraft style Horror