Install Arc
Options

Things you think should be added to the game

2»

Comments

• Options
    thesuperdthesuperd Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please add dungeon bosses that aren't a carbon copy of every other dungeon boss. How about one with some interesting abilities other than "summons massive swarms of adds"?
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Sidekicking / Mentoring
    2. Fix Need / Greed
    3. Replacing dropouts in queued dungeons.

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    nomadicmous3nomadicmous3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Key binding for the "Thank You" emote.
  • Options
    joergmosthafjoergmosthaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mance7 wrote: »
    My apologies, I didn't realize lotro did that. Was that in when it first went F2P? I was sub for over a year. Came back when it went F2P. Was pissed there was no way to 'earn' points at the time. Compared it to basically a hidden sub cost.
    As a lifetime subscriber to LotRO I never looked at it very closely - but I got some turbine points by doing traits and later they added daily grind quests where you could exchange certain trash loot items for turbine points.

Maybe it's my lifetime sub status - but stuff in the LotRO store subjectively feels cheaper to me - if you have to grind points or pay for quests packs it probably feels different. I only compared the mounts and cosmetic items - I never bought quest packs or expansions in the store.
    "I thought I knowed what I know, ye know? But then I find that I know not what I thought I knowed."
    - Bruenor Battlehammer
  • Options
    d20rollad20rolla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More secret doors and more hidden hidden stuffs, more traps(one shots), more puzzles, less stationary monster targets(nothing major but maybe more patrol type mobs). A real trade channel and combat log would be nice, hot bar for weapon sets, armor swaps...etc.
    The sparkly guide line thingy should only lead to a from NPC's in questing areas after lvl20 as this reduces the exploration factor. A 10 player Raid/event could be interesting as well.

I could go on and on but it would be a selfish endeavor at this point. I am currently having a blast playing Neverwinter. Me and many of my friends have transplanted ourselves to give this game a try, so to any that would say this is a WoW generated list,(ie mance7) I am a DDO founder since 2006 and i do not play WoW.
  • Options
    joergmosthafjoergmosthaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Herp-a-derp.

How eloquent ;)

I was trying to look at comparable stuff in the stores of LotRO and Neverwinter - the two business models are completely different. LotRO is IMHO not really f2p at all. Hence such things as VIP subscriptions, Quest packs and expansion packs.

In hindsight it is probably an illusion - even the cosmetic stuff is probably not really cheaper in LotRO. I never stopped to think what my LotRO mount would have cost in real money...

So, sorry... :(
    "I thought I knowed what I know, ye know? But then I find that I know not what I thought I knowed."
    - Bruenor Battlehammer