test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(GWF) Too low dmg? <----

2»

Comments

• glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I dunno, the one beating on me in PVP sure the heck doesn't seem like he has low damage.
  • jacknilljacknill Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh, I love my GWF. I am only level 39 but I can wreck in PVP and PVE. The only problem in PVE is dungeons when other people pull instead of letting me pull which the entire point of a tank. That being said I go for absolute defense can easily hold aggro fairly well. Almost always on bosses and the ability to shield nearly every attack instead of taking damage never gets old.

In PVP I can 1v1 any class and stay alive in 1v2 for a bit too. It's all about dem AoE knockdowns and stuns.
  • machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    I have 6k ArPen on my GWF and I slice things like butter. :P

This makes me wonder if I'm doing it wrong.

I look at what I get for X amount of armor pen. and think I'd rather have them points in Power or Crit. Especially since GWF already has a bunch of built in defense debuffs via feats.
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My GWF has done all the T2s except CN (too many ledges) and I can assure you that people are starting to realize that GWF+Rogue> two rogues. GWF has good AOE but still his damage is low compared to an even geared Rogue. One thing that GWF does better than ANY class is weapon procs though. SO a GWF gives the party about +150% damage (including a huge increase for our dear Rogue ofcourse). You can mark enemies, your slices drop defenses by default on huge groups. Everything is melting from the party damage if the GWF knows what he is doing plus you DON'T have to dodge anything because of cc immunity.When all the party is dodging you proc and what it would be a huge dps gap becomes a huge dps increase. People that say that the class is useless are just clueless...
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    Guys how do i qoute somebody? (honest question, is it in advanced response ore so?)

i wish to qoute Dreadlordmikey.
    But i wil just answer him directly without it i supose for the time being,
    "Honest question: Why would you want this to change?

If the objective of the dungeon is to defeat the mobs, and the CW can knock them off the ledge, isn't that just as effective as hacking your way through them slowly?

I am seriously not trying to be condescending or anything lame like that. I am trying to understand where you're coming from. The group dynamics are really important to me, as I don't want to tick off my teammates in dungeons. I'd much rather work WITH them, and I've read posts and seen videos that encourage CWs to knock enemies off ledges for faster kills.

If that advice runs contrary to the spirit of better team play, I'd like to hear about it. "

It's very easy sir, knocking mobs of cliffs has a multiple of effect's that arent desireble in an MMO,

1. tanks/aoe control classes become unecesery in endgame dungeons, because of this 45% of ingame content is denied to this game (also known as GF/GWF, i dont personaly believe this but the general concensus is there and as a result they get kicked from dungeon runs)
    2. U shorten the run of end bosses by about 70% duration, therefore a multiple of side effect's ocure that do not benefit a MMO,
    a. the end tier items get flooded into the system way to soon.
    b. u reduce the enjoyment of endgame runs because they are a bore because of exploit.
    c. there is no more honor in having endgame equipment because every team that knocks of mobs has endgame gear in about one week of farming, therefore drasticly reducing the time spend on this game, and as a result shortening the life span of the entire game as a result.

Basicly people are exploiting the game to a faster dead, and in that period they spam forums with "boss battles to borring" while they create there own boredome because they denie themself the challenge of having to kill all the adds and stil finishing the boss, and exualy team playing instead of "cleric heal ===> cm black hole ===> boss dead"

If you want a fair fight, feel free to do the 40 minute skirmishes that consist on hitting a single boss over and over ad nauseaum... I think that the ledge kicking is actually a fresh mechanic that I wasn't used to see in MMOs and gives protagonism to people that want to build controllish builds. Most classes have push-ups and knockbacks, you just need to pick a rank on one of them.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This makes me wonder if I'm doing it wrong.

I look at what I get for X amount of armor pen. and think I'd rather have them points in Power or Crit. Especially since GWF already has a bunch of built in defense debuffs via feats.

From what I gather and little of my own research Power/Crit(30-35%)/Recovery are great foundation for PVE & Stacking lots of Armor Penetration for PVP is golden.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lemordetulemordetu Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't done many dungeons, so bear with me. How often is this an issue? Are there that many scenarios where ledges are an issue? On the one CW I have (approaching level 30), most of my abilities are ranged, and don't involve KB (except for shield and repel) and I prefer (as a rule) to stay back and knock foes toward the tank(s) if I have to use repel at all.

Basically, If youre not in an environment of friends/premade, you will get insta-kicked by a majority of pug-leaders if youre a GWF (becouse they wanted to get a CW or anything else for that matter, as they are convinced GWF suck). That being said, almost every one who was outraged by these recent 'exploits' are propagating exploits themselves by relying on glitchy dungeon mechanics that CW can abuse. I myself need 10+ dungeon queues just to get a group that doesnt kick me right out (as a GWF). And GL trying to advertise yourself on /zone "GWF LFG <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" - not a chance. If the queue system didnt let the 'leader' to kick people, and Instead composed groups in a resonable manner ie. one of each class - instead of 4 rogues, things could get a little better.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    This game is failing at class balance. Hopefully cryptic will address these problems. I wouldn't hold my breath on it tho. My GWF is fully equipped with Tier 1 epics but I've given up trying to do T2 so I've retired my GWF until Cryptic addresses the problem with the class (or throw us some bone). I've rolled a Cleric instead and... everyone loves a good cleric :)
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't wanna hear about it...It takes me 15 minutes to kill a freak'n mob in PVE with my Cleric and I don't think I have ever killed anyone in PVP!

I'm not complaining, I know its a trade off cause of the healing but at least you guys CAN kill stuff :)
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    My cleric killed someone in pvp and he is only lvl 10 ... avatar mode ftw! Granted I'm still learning the class.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My gwf lvl 31 tanks 3 guys of enemy team while taking one down in pvp(they were lvl 38/39 cm2x + TR)
    And i just hold the point until backup arrives
    They are very usefull hero's but how the game is designed endgame there is no role for the in this game. thats why people are saying GWF suck, they dont suck per se, its just that they have no use/are not desired in endgame content (same with GF)
    And this has everything to do with control wizards wanting to kill when they spec for control....they dont understand there job, its like a cleric running a t2 dungeon with searing light and daunting light...

Control wizzard = defend cleric and move adds together so tanks can threat them easily all together...
    Not = push everything of cliff and make next step useles (= get things to tanks)
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
    edited May 2013
    That's also one annoying pet peeve of mine... GWF needs the mobs bunched up together nicely to AOE them... then a CW or someone blow them all away and makes me having to chase them all down. Knockback = stupid