test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you think "Caturday Survivor's Pack" is acceptable as compensation??

vegetafh1vegetafh1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Simple question guys and girls
Is it acceptable?
Post edited by vegetafh1 on

Comments

• Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course it is. What more do you want? They didn't even need to give us anything.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    nirvanacnnirvanacn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes

10 char
  • Options
    breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Of course it is. What more do you want? They didn't even need to give us anything.

+1 - and wasn't it you that came up with the 'title' idea Steppenkat??? If so - BRAVO
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We haven't even SEEN the pack yet, plus they owe us nothing anyway.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually I read it somewhere, and though it was funny to ask for a petition. I'm glad it turned out well, though! :P
    Characters:

• Options
    rhorgerhorge Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2013
    Since they have 0 obligation for compensating us, I'd say it's nice of them to give us free stuff.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone has been so catty about this!
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Actually I read it somewhere, and though it was funny to ask for a petition. I'm glad it turned out well, though! :P

Well whoever thought of it is my hero, and you are too for the petition! Sorry for waylaying the thread.
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • Options
    feyd37feyd37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i created my first character during the rollback time and lost it, had to reroll.....from what i read i will get no compensation....booooooo bad way to start a new game
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely.

It's mostly 'fluff', but fluff that gives those of us that will still be here months (or years) from now will be important.

And more importantly, gives us that 'special' little something that can't be 'ill gotten' or power gamed for.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is Open Beta and it is expected that games have issues which will be fixed before Neverwinter is released. I wish that Cryptic would focus on fixing the problems and forget about the digital gift boxes...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think I'll wear that cape from now on, exclusively. It looks cool. :)
    Characters:

• Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes.

Problem is I have useless XP boost on a level 60 character, would be nice if I could use that for an alt.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's certainly a lot more than I expected. Capes are great and Edna can stuff it.
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I personally think the cat cape is hilarious and a very nice touch. You can see a picture here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=894471.
  • Options
    youlookfatyoulookfat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has to be a joke... They shouldn't be giving anything.. they rolled back to try to save from a Wipe and repair damage done to the in game world... and people cry like little *****es. unreal.. The easiest thing to do would have been to do a complete wipe. And be done with it.. In the end they cost themselves alot of money having people all in on a sunday to work on this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Gamers are the worst ******* crybabies ever...
    Robb Stark is killed at the Frey wedding and his head is sewn onto his wolf..
    Jon Snow ends up leader of the wall and his own men kill him...
    Tyrion kills his father with a cross bow...

Can't spoil books that have been out for years.. enjoy the show!!
  • Options
    sade505sade505 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im only not voting because the choice I want isn't on there, but if I had to vote id say yes.

It wasn't needed because I am getting a free to play game that is extremely fun and enjoyable :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh god, I just noticed...

The pack comes with a freaking Healthstone, the item that made so many people cry in the forums. You're getting one. For FREE. Every single player.

That's like 200 Zen worth... Quite a bunch.
    Characters:

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I didn't expect anything and still see no reason why they need to give us anything at all. There was a problem, they fixed it, and I am glad they did. I don't feel I need compensation for something that is normal and expected when you play online games. They set themselves up for demands every time there is a technical issue from now on.

I think it is a nice gesture though and I appreciate the thought. Whatever we get is fine with me, it is really just about the gesture.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cape is....awesome, love the touch. Still more looking forward to the answering of questions though.
  • Options
    pennstateitpennstateit Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    sure in the least it would show that cryptic/PW have a sense of humor
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant believe this thread exists, you greedy greedy people...
  • Options
    naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    youlookfat wrote: »
    This has to be a joke... They shouldn't be giving anything..

The majority of players, i.e. those who were not using exploits, lost progression in the form of levels or Celestial Coins etc. They have given us some freebies to compensate us for that and some xp boosts to help recover the lost time.

Its a nice gesture from Cryptic for those of us who lost out due to other people cheating.
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, seems ok but not great. But it shows the devs have a sense of humour with the ingame title and cape. Kudos for tackling the exploit and fixing it.
  • Options
    hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Compensation for what? I haven't spent a dime on this game which I have thoroughly enjoyed playing. ...So, what on earth would they be compensating me for?

LOL, this is a great example of the "Entitlement" generation.

P.S. If you DID spend hundreds of dollars on a game, that was a risk YOU chose to take on a game still in beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    phat320phat320 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People need to calm down, this is a Open Beta! So, stop spending real money until it's fully release...in two years!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Use this Induction I.D for free stuffs :D

6700125G000808000000100S15fb1f