What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.30

Comments

• Options
    hamoct72hamoct72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Actually the exploiters get both the millions AD and the cape.

well spotted
  • Options
    akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    redlance wrote: »
    - in game economy ruined from the start (guardian fighter bug, afk pvp exploit stilll not correct, negative bid in AH exploit running from the closed beta until 2 days ago)
    - 7 hours of rollback (time lost)
    - people with 50+ millions of AD and inventory full of epic items still have them
    - people lost AD in auction house

and they give... A CAPE...

Good work cryptic, good work. People will trust you more and more. Every new game from you will be full of exploi... legit players (I said new game because Neverwinter is already gone) exchanging their hard earned AD (some clicks and pressing -99999999 in AH) for real money.

Legit players get a cape, exploiters got millions of AD and zen...

Being an exploiter in Cryptic games is the best choice!

/Agree i am so disappointed in the decision choice
  • Options
    akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Actually the exploiters get both the millions AD and the cape.

and the worst is that it's true :(
  • Options
    uneibaluneibal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why did you make the talant ress with Zen everyone play this game for first time and we can make mistakes and now Im sure 90% of the ppl playing we cant ress the talants please make it more possible for people like me :mad:
  • Options
    satukisatuki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    This build is set to go live at 6AM PDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2013.

Caturday Survivor's Pack
    • Everyone will receive a pack that includes a cape, a title, and a couple other items as a sign of our appreciation for players bearing with us through Sunday's downtime. More details to come at 6AM Pacific, during maintenance!

Did anyone think there would be something worth while in a free pack? especially when the company makes a truckload on virtual key sells that unlocks nothing you can hold on to outside the screen?

Questions @ Cryptic: When will dungeon bosses be tuned to any party makeup , without having to either cheat the fight,or bring specific classes/specs? are we just going to have boss mechanics of red rings and massive add waves? and do you feel the queue system is working when no tanks or healers queue ? and 90% of the time its 5 dps ?

wouldnt you agree Cryptic that allowing the player to play there way, is the way you wanted neverwinter to be?
    calling you out cryptic but i know your too busy giving off party poppers, dunce caps and other novelty items to those who are being screwed over by STO copy and paste game designing.

in my past experience in MMOs usually end game gets tuned cause thats where everyone ends up.... this is a open bet.... soft launc..... i dont know what this is i will call it what i think it is open bugged beta launch with other perfect world copy and pastes.
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    After losing a days play and losing the invocation coins I would have liked to have seen the pack contain:

Xp boost
    AD boost or just some AD
    5 and 7 day invocation rewards

Will wait and see what the "other items" are, but I really didn't have high expectations
  • Options
    incarealincareal Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    utania wrote: »
    After losing a days play and losing the invocation coins I would have liked to have seen the pack contain:

Xp boost
    AD boost or just some AD
    5 and 7 day invocation rewards

Will wait and see what the "other items" are, but I really didn't have high expectations

i bet u get 5potions (not the max one) and 10 ident. scrolls for items 30-59lvl
  • Options
    dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    luc2k wrote: »
    Neverwinter is awesome, but the devs aren't innocent when the exploits have been know/reported for weeks and only taken care of when <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hit the fan. And of course the AH exploit which had already happened in STO before.. Caturdays, titles and other forms of bribery are not going to clean this stain.

Stop reporting this. It hasn't been known for weeks, otherwise this would be easy to find on reddit, various forums and other media sites. Every single picture shown has been photoshopped, altered, and otherwise full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I love how everyone comes forward now and says it has been known about for weeks and months but never said anything about it before until after the fact.
  • Options
    nalravnalrav Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Can I get a punch in the face with that cape.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Seriously...a cape?
  • Options
    riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luc2k wrote: »
    Neverwinter is awesome, but the devs aren't innocent when the exploits have been know/reported for weeks and only taken care of when <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hit the fan. And of course the AH exploit which had already happened in STO before.. Caturdays, titles and other forms of bribery are not going to clean this stain.
    Agreed... the response might have been a bit late. Reason?.. no clue, but i am sure its not because they are money grabbing rogues just out to get a quick buck and then leave us with a game full of holes.
    Someone failed there... sure... but we can sit here and whine about it or get on with it and enjoy the game.
  • Options
    lobotomizelobotomize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good deal, good deal.

Hopefully this means the AH/AD exchange will come back online soon.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice to see crisis bug fixes, now how about some real bug fixes?

Queues, class matching - no party should be formed without a Tank and a healer!
    PvP exploits & failing to port, death on or after exit, 2vs5, etc.
    Professions: All dbase calls returning junk, anything from nothing to total junk, "hide too high" returning 3 levels above the current skill etc. no non-rare tasks, not updating that you just created a requirement for another task etc.
    identical items not stacking, box versions of x do not stack with vendor/dropped versions of x
    zones failing to load interactive items (like the exit gate)
    items with missing textures
    Gateway is so bad it should stay closed until it is properly fixed... The tool is so unreliable that it is not a useful tool much of the time, - doesnt connect some of the time, doesnt update available assests, doesnt deliver the correct items at times, doesnt return anything close to the query, often doesnt return any tasks other than rare, cant count 15 > 12, 7 > 4 etc...

quests not triggering the completion conditions
    no support in a timely fashion via the games UI or online, even if you finally get it to accept the ticket raised, as often it creates a number and that's it
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The devs should 72 hour ban everyone who complains just to shut them up. That is all you see on the forums and it is to the point that I don't even want to come to the forums anymore when not playing
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Why put in the package a limited item?! IE a cape that will get used for a short time, has no lasting effect? Another dumb move?
  • Options
    yarrenzeyarrenze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    The devs should 72 hour ban everyone who complains just to shut them up. That is all you see on the forums and it is to the point that I don't even want to come to the forums anymore when not playing

Yeah, that would be awesome. Censure all the "bad" posts, and only show good ones. Punish people for having opposite opinions. Award the faithful, smite the others. Why does this reminds me of "Brave New World"?

Anyhow, on topic, title and cape are OK, if you are in that kind of thing. Only thing I actually want is the working AH now, with better filtering. That "gift package" you'll give to the players is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, whatever it contains. Seeing how you deal with the game problems, you can have weekly edition of it. Give it to people every Monday or so, and hope that it will take away the problems and that player base will be quiet.
    Knowledge is power!
  • Options
    castertroyt79castertroyt79 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    really? a cape and a title??? hope the "others" are actually something meaningful. The "gift" that dev sends to player as a token of apology says a lot about their stance. If it's just meaningless item, to me that's just a "S C R E W U", here's a candy, take a hike.
  • Options
    crassiusneocrassiusneo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zeninka, remember the exploit was in the gateway site, not in the game itself.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »

Why?
    If no-one complains the marketing/execs will do nothing...

Personally I always feel sorry for the devs, as they are the people that get the stick for trying to make things work with-in the unrealistic constraints placed on them by the execs & marketing people!
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    So Founders get nothing extra, even though you allowed the Pack to be devalued into almost nothing?

The economy is fried, hyperinflation is evident, Founder packs are worth much less than the $700 advertised ...and all we get is a title and a cape? You are doing nothing to fix the economy (wiping, or even reasonable AD limits, Purples being BoP, etc.)?

As I was told when I was potty trained ... if you don't wipe, you will continue to smell like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anyone knows when 20vs20 arena comes out?
  • Options
    xshawkzxshawkz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    lol 1st grey wolf den is not so hard to finish
    2nd all armors u get there suck
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyday this gets worse and worse. I should of stayed with a subscription based game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    So Founders get nothing extra, even though you allowed the Pack to be devalued into almost nothing?

The economy is fried, hyperinflation is evident, Founder packs are worth much less than the $700 advertised ...and all I get is a title and a cape?
    Proof that hyperinflation is evident please.
  • Options
    timmentimmen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great! Nice to get a cape, and some other stuff.
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Founder packs are still worth the same money. I dont see how that changed, you still get everything you were promised, plus, you get the tonne of stuff for all perfect world titles (I quite enjoy my blacklight retribution rewards)

Thanks Cryptic, good job. Im amused by the title and glad you took the community suggestion for it.

edit: Oh, will this be an account unlock for every character? Please let it be so. Id rather we get this little reward on all rather than have to pick which character gets it.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    dilanio wrote: »
    Proof that hyperinflation is evident please.

With the AH closed, it is all anecdotal ... I play the AH in most MMOs so I watch the AH to get a feel for prices. Over the past week or so, I saw items quintulple in value. Boots that were selling at 400k a week ago were bought out quickly at 2,000,000 Saturday.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    chance0011chance0011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Caturday? OMG. <3 NWN/PW/Cryptic.
  • Options
    blitzaneblitzane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    So after reading almost everyone reply in this thread I noticed people whining about losing ad and zen... If they would have been paying attention they have announced that no one has lost any ad nor zen during the traumatizing day of Caturday. Yes you may have lost a few levels so what they are easy to gain back at least you know where to go know for surely and can do it even quicker since you have done it once. Anyways just be happy they have got it fixed and you are getting something in return. They could have just got it fixed and I would have been happy without something in return because it is a game now if it was life it may have been different xD. So all in all be happy we are getting something in return for something exploiters have done and not the developers. The developers have done an amazing job so do not blame them for any of this.
  • Options
    rierynrieryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks and hoping for a blessed blue profession pack!
This discussion has been closed.