test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I want all of them banned without any exceptions !

Comments

• Options
    bndcntaccssforumbndcntaccssforum Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's ok guys, cats are the new currency. :)
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ban their accounts. If they want to start up a new account, go for it. All back to square one for you.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There's also ppl who lost rl money..they saw that ad were being sold for 500 ad per zen,..didn't realize it was exploited ad and went straight to the Zen store and bought zen to purchase what they thought was a good investment.. Their Zen was reimbursed after the transaction was rolled back but technically they were cheated as well.Now they're stuck with Zen that they will probably never be able to get that original asking price for that they thought was legit in the first place.
  • Options
    jamesl1jamesl1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    worst QA and devs ever
  • Options
    awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    37066176.jpg

This may be a hunch.. but I don't think the Devs are just going to have a friendly conversation with the exploiters and ask them to please play with the toys nicely.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't care less about exploiters and dupes and whatnot , the only thing I care about is - Cryptic needs to fix the broken game mechanics so I can play my class like it's supposed to be played .
  • Options
    asyariaasyaria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how all the people screaming ban the exploiters are probably using exploits themselves seeing as how broken this game is. Like do you CW's all really think that shoving an entire group of mobs off a cliff to instantly kill them is intended? No, that sir is an exploit as it makes every other DPS useless.

I would laugh if they banned everyone who used foundries to level from 1-60 in a few hours by killing Ogres that couldnt hit back.

Oh and lets not forget all the people pulling bosses 2 rooms away so the adds dont spawn in the fight, or making the spider boss run off the cliff to her death and then taking turns falling to get the loot.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forumcan wrote: »
    Please BAN every single exploit user!
    No exceptions, not even cheater-founders should get away with that.
    By this way, you'll ensure limiting future exploits.

Today, I lose my 7 hours of gameplay because of exploiters. I want to see them suffer.

if you decide to say "
    ohh... please don't do it again sweetheart... and here is a candy for you as well." and let those cheaters get away with that, you will lose faster than you would even imagine.

I want justice !

Yet another freeloader crying whatever he is crying about , if you don't liek dem turtles boay just quit .
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys...just to add something to this: PWE isn't going to publish a list of everyone that was banned for this. It kind of doesn't make any sense to make this huge of a public outcry.

Besides, as others have stated: Banning in an F2P game is like trying to bail out a boat with a sieve. It makes a point of principle, nothing more. It costs literally no more than the investment of a few minutes of time to create a new account.

Closing the loopholes that made this possible in the first place would be far more effective.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Today, I lose my 7 hours of gameplay because of exploiters. I want to see them suffer.

if you decide to say "
    ohh... please don't do it again sweetheart... and here is a candy for you as well." and let those cheaters get away with that, you will lose faster than you would even imagine.

I want justice !

Well, you will be happy to know they are getting 72 hr bans on mule accounts. They will get to keep the loot. 7 hr rollback should have been a complete wipe...Enjoy gold seller spam walls of text from now on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    asyaria wrote: »
    I love how all the people screaming ban the exploiters are probably using exploits themselves seeing as how broken this game is. Like do you CW's all really think that shoving an entire group of mobs off a cliff to instantly kill them is intended? No, that sir is an exploit as it makes every other DPS useless.

I would laugh if they banned everyone who used foundries to level from 1-60 in a few hours by killing Ogres that couldnt hit back.

Oh and lets not forget all the people pulling bosses 2 rooms away so the adds dont spawn in the fight, or making the spider boss run off the cliff to her death and then taking turns falling to get the loot.
    sweetness, if knocking mobs off cliffs is NOT working as intended?... the last people in the world I would blame are the CWs doing it.(Might want to start with the developers) Might I add I know 15 year olds who can program a boss to stop leashing at point "A" and reset at Point "B"..again..a developer woe. I am PLAYING THEIR game..not exploiting their game..I am playing it the way its been made, sold ,advertised and delivered to millions.. Don't try to stamp exploiter labels on me because I happen to knock mobs off cliffs cause I can.
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    sweetness, if knocking mobs off cliffs is NOT working as intended?... the last people in the world I would blame are the CWs doing it.(Might want to start with the developers) Might I add I know 15 year olds who can program a boss to stop leashing at point "A" and reset at Point "B"..again..a developer woe. I am PLAYING THEIR game..not exploiting their game..I am playing it the way its been made, sold ,advertised and delivered to millions.. Don't try to stamp exploiter labels on me because I happen to knock mobs off cliffs cause I can.

Knocking mobs off a cliff is an oldschool D&D trick - was doing it in the 80s :D
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm confused by the word trick..there is no trick..its a game mechanic..there are cliffs..there are knockbacks..cliffs..meet knockbacks and mobs meet cliffs..again..if they don't want mobs on cliffs they need to hire some 15 yr old starburst junky to show them how to program a mob to stop leashing to cliffs then.

Seriously, this game encourages a player to jump chasms to get to loot..to die to get to loot..to find odd paths to get to glowy chests..and then people scream "exploit" when a player finds an odd path to fight a boss and wants to blame them for some moral dilemma? No..I don't think so..nor will I accept any misplaced blame because I happen to be playing their game when it decides to bug out..(and lets be real..we've all been there and been doing EXACTLY what we were supposed to when their boss decided to drop into the ground..not give loot in chests or simply spawn 2 adds every minute that refuse to stop spawning until the entire group dies)
    So... I guess its my responsibility NOT to cast certain spells on cliffs and ledges???..if that's the case maybe running their dungeons is a bad idea yes?(since every 5 feet is a cliff)..or perhaps just take out knock back for all classes and singularity for CWs...yes?..what exactly would one suggest?..a prayer for forgiveness and confession after each run for playing the game the way it was intended?
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, you will be happy to know they are getting 72 hr bans on mule accounts. They will get to keep the loot. 7 hr rollback should have been a complete wipe...Enjoy gold seller spam walls of text from now on.

You are aware that the first wave of bans will be temporary then they'll upgrade them to permanent as they continue investigating right?
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think they should ban everyone that even have an exploiter on their friends list.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Yet another freeloader crying whatever he is crying about , if you don't liek dem turtles boay just quit .

Justice doesn't depend on your money.
    We are equal even if you're a paying customer or not.
    Otherwise this game should be called as "Pay 2 Win".

I am a player and I have rights to complain. I decide filling bug report forms to inform developers and at the same time I post issues on this public forum to build public awareness. These complaints meant to be taken serious by development team and help to increase overall game quality.

Either you're an iqnorant kid... or you're one of the cheaters... Probably both
    So, I don't really expect you to understand what I wrote above.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant you just block their ability to manufacture AD and put a marker above their head that says cheater so they can get shamed wherever they go lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    You are aware that the first wave of bans will be temporary then they'll upgrade them to permanent as they continue investigating right?

You want to know how many times things like this have been said, and how many times it's been followed through (with)? 72 Hours is a magic number that they use because thats about how long it takes people's attention to divert back to actually playing the game- so they expect the headhunters to settle down, and the far hope is that the exploiters will get just enough withdrawal going on, to maybe think twice about that behavior in the future, thus saving "valuable" customers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You want to know how many times things like this have been said, and how many times it's been followed through (with)? 72 Hours is a magic number that they use because thats about how long it takes people's attention to divert back to actually playing the game- so they expect the headhunters to settle down, and the far hope is that the exploiters will get just enough withdrawal going on, to maybe think twice about that behavior in the future, thus saving "valuable" customers.

See, some people do get it..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013

if you decide to say "

I want justice !

Wow. Does going around demanding things in this manner work all the time? I might have to start doing this....
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You do realize they're Account banning, people can just make a new one and come back, It's a free game.
    It's honestly not going to do much but balance the economy, exploiters will still be here unfortunately.

You are absolutely correct! They will just make a new account. BUT that new account will be clean, they won't have any exploited ADs or items. They'll be starting from scratch (just like the rest of us did) and I have no problems with that.
  • Options
    turtlsdownturtlsdown Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, I just started playing. What's going on? Did I miss something big? Can I still get in on this "Cats for Golds" business going on? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    You are absolutely correct! They will just make a new account. BUT that new account will be clean, they won't have any exploited ADs or items. They'll be starting from scratch (just like the rest of us did) and I have no problems with that.

Now consider that a professional gold farmer for most free mmo games has probably 20-50 accounts . Accsessed through proxy and VPN connections . They are also very smart about how to move assets and hide them...

The writing in on the wall.. Most people can't read however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    buldegradbuldegrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They really should Open a new Server and give everyone a new Charakter slot

I approve of this message.
  • Options
    waiwarwaiwar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    buldegrad wrote: »
    I approve of this message.

New server ? :D Not going to happen since servers arent free. Maybe if they charge you $50 entry fee, then they consider it.
  • Options
    whiteshadow02whiteshadow02 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Permanently banning individuals isn't the way to go, just look at the same mistake the makers of GW2 did using this method, you do multiple mass ban waves and people simply do not return to the game. If you ban one of the hardcore players for example, 4 others shall follow without exception, simply because these said hardcore players have been together usually for a while, from different games. Should you decide to cut one of them out they aren't going to replace.

When it comes to punishment they should be doing 3 day bans for first time offenders, not permanently ban.

As for the economy, the only honest way to fix this is a complete server reset, while i understand they have announced they wouldn't, they essentially have to, sure you can ban all those who duped on Sunday, but there is still a huge amount of spare ad lurking on individuals separate accounts, a wipe would remove all this including what they've got stashed away on their mules.
  • Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    please don't ban :(
  • Options
    asyariaasyaria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or they could just permanently ban everyone who even thought about using the exploit. Oh wait... thats what they ARE doing. Remember that movie Minority Report? yeah... thats Cryptic/PWE right now with punishments for the AH exploit.

They said there was a "small group" of players. No... there was a ****load of players using the exploit.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    the economy is a permanent "damage". ban on exploiter will not working too, why? simple, what make you presume all exploiters have 1 characters or 1 accounts? and how will you know their other account?. also, the exploit is already done as far as the game began. want a "full heal" on economy? full wipe, but, it also will make "damage" to them, which is make most players leave the game, and probably the one that spend money more than else. so economy healed, but their income is reduced, like some people said this is a FTP. I believe the good question is why rollback, while its not changing anything, and they already banned exploiters?
  • Options
    theshadowbroker1theshadowbroker1 Banned Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Damage is going to get a whole lot worse!

Download any C++ IDE and compile the following sourcecode by yourself

Enjoy

Code:
    #include <Windows.h>
    #include <iostream>
    #include <tlhelp32.h>
    #include <tchar.h>

using namespace std;

HWND windowhandle=0;

DWORD modulebase=0;
    HANDLE hopen=0;

HANDLE prozessauf();
    DWORD GetModuleBase(LPSTR lpModuleName);
    DWORD getadr(DWORD address, HANDLE hopen);
    void setadr(DWORD address, int value, HANDLE hopen);

int main()

{
    SetConsoleTitle("Neverwinter - Mageteleporthack - by Dragonef22");
    cout<<"Updated for 21.05.2013";

while(true)
    {
    hopen=prozessauf();
    modulebase=GetModuleBase("GameClient.exe");
    DWORD adress=0;
    DWORD teleportadress=0;
    adress=adress+modulebase+0x024F50B0; // GameClient.exe+startoffset
    adress=getadr(adress,hopen);
    adress=adress+0x244; // Offset Nr. 0
    adress=adress+0x6f8; // Offset Nr. 1
    adress=adress+0x18; // Offset Nr. 2
    adress=adress+0x9c; // Offset Nr. 3

teleportadress=adress+0x244; // Teleportresource

// Full Teleportresource = 1120403456 - set it
    setadr(teleportadress,1120403456,hopen);
    Sleep(1);
    }
    }

HANDLE prozessauf()

{
    HWND hwar3=::FindWindow(NULL,"Neverwinter");
    DWORD PID, TID;
    TID = ::GetWindowThreadProcessId (hwar3, &PID);
    HANDLE hopen=OpenProcess( PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS|PROCESS_TERMINATE |PROCESS_VM_READ|
    PROCESS_VM_WRITE,FALSE,PID);
    return hopen;
    }

DWORD GetModuleBase(LPSTR lpModuleName)
    {
    DWORD dwProcessId,TID;
    HWND hwar3=::FindWindow(NULL,"Neverwinter");
    TID = ::GetWindowThreadProcessId (hwar3, &dwProcessId);

MODULEENTRY32 lpModuleEntry = {0};
    HANDLE hSnapShot = CreateToolhelp32Snapshot(TH32CS_SNAPMODULE, dwProcessId);

if(!hSnapShot)
    return 0;
    lpModuleEntry.dwSize = sizeof(lpModuleEntry);
    BOOL bModule = Module32First( hSnapShot, &lpModuleEntry );
    while(bModule)
    {
    if(!strcmp( lpModuleEntry.szModule, lpModuleName ) )
    {
    CloseHandle(hSnapShot);
    return (DWORD)lpModuleEntry.modBaseAddr;
    }
    bModule = Module32Next( hSnapShot, &lpModuleEntry );
    }
    CloseHandle( hSnapShot );
    return 0;
    }

// Value eines Adresswerts auslesen

DWORD getadr(DWORD address, HANDLE hopen)
    {
    int value =0;
    ReadProcessMemory(hopen,(void*)address,&value,sizeof(value),0);
    return value;
    }

void setadr(DWORD address, int value, HANDLE hopen)
    {
    WriteProcessMemory(hopen, (LPVOID*)(DWORD) (address), &value, sizeof(value), NULL);
    return;
    }