test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Outbid on AH - Lost 122k Astral Diamonds

jforjerkjforjerk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 55
edited January 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Well, yeah. I bid on an item for 122k Astral Diamonds, and probably right before the auction ending I got outbid. I've got the mail saying "you were outbid", but there's no AD in it.

Where are my diamonds and how do I get them back?
Post edited by jforjerk on

Comments

• Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I lost 3000 AD when I was outbid. Its a bug with the Auction house. I'm not useing it anymore till they fix it.
  • Options
    kingofchinkingofchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    yes the aution house dont work at all i try it each day with small amounts and its tkaeing your AD but not giving u the items dont use it till u know it works i been trying to find offical post about it but cant find any if u do plz link me
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    last time I used it any bids I put in were returned to my account without a mailing. Apparently money works different then items.
  • Options
    jforjerkjforjerk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    My balance is not correct. I'd notice if I'd have 122k more or less.
  • Options
    kingofchinkingofchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    same here i never got any of the ad back
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I hope I get mine back. It's ALOT of grind. and I paid 200$ for it.
  • Options
    ingroingro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    last time I used it any bids I put in were returned to my account without a mailing. Apparently money works different then items.

The really odd thing is that sometimes the AD are attached and other times they aren't.
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No word from the Dev's yet ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nothing at all. Still no ADs either.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jforjerk wrote: »
    Nothing at all. Still no ADs either.

They need to post something. Are we going to get the AD back that is lost or just forget about a return?
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got that kind of issue yesterday, but i had mail i errased the one that say that you get outbid, then the other one errassed alone so couldnt get my ad back :(
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    indorialindorial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is also something that happened to me. Had two mails from the bids, neither of which included AD. The AD did display in the gateway, but not in-game.
  • Options
    abooselolabooselol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why in the hell you bid items?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    abooselol wrote: »
    why in the hell you bid items?

I didn't have 3mil AD to spend for buyout, but I could bid 122k.
  • Options
    mimterestmimterest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also lost Astral Diamonds, but I was buying Zen. there was a number of Zen available for 414 AD each. I bought 10 since I had 7.9k AD, then I was looking how many more I can buy. By the time I got to 7 more, it said I can afford 7! I clicked buy Zen, and it said that there's no more Zen left for that price. And it took my Astral diamonds giving me nothing in return.

price: 414 AD per zen x17
    gained: 10 zen
    lost: 7038 AD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mimterest wrote: »
    I also lost Astral Diamonds, but I was buying Zen. there was a number of Zen available for 414 AD each. I bought 10 since I had 7.9k AD, then I was looking how many more I can buy. By the time I got to 7 more, it said I can afford 7! I clicked buy Zen, and it said that there's no more Zen left for that price. And it took my Astral diamonds giving me nothing in return.

Ouch, Guess I'll stay away from the Zen/AD transfers also.

Any Dev's read this yet? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mimterest wrote: »

My bet on this is that turned up under Astral Diamond Exchange -> Listings tab. If you try to buy zen for a price noones selling for, then it become a listing as a "I'd like to buy X zen for Y diamonds each".
    Can you see if it is there?
  • Options
    sarahharaldsensarahharaldsen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured out the problem, but not exactly whats causing it.

Basically, what's occurring when you are outbid on an item, purchase an item, or even sell an item is a Mail System bug and not a bug with the Auction House (I assume). More or less, your mail/letters are being cloned and read initially, by you. This is why they contain nothing, they're doubles.

To further explain, here's an example;

I just purchased two level 26 hats from the Auction House (as a test). One was a flat Buyout and the other was a Bid that I had won. The problem is that when I went to the mail box I noticed that even though I had two pieces of mail, each stating that I had purchased both items, neither of the items were actually being provided in either mail as an attachment.

Now, here is where it gets interesting, and here is also how I found out the mail is being cloned; If you were to say, SELL an item on the market, or even select an older piece of mail and delete it, you'll notice immediately that ALL of your hidden mail will suddenly appear. The mail that shows up might be a double of what you already have in your inbox (such as a reimbursement for being outbid), but this is your 'true' mail and it SHOULD have the proper attachments.

The key to this trick is that you HAVE to delete a piece of mail in order to see all of your actual mail, and not just the clone mail. It should also be noted that you SHOULD NOT delete the clone mail that is supposed to have your attachments before collecting them or the attachments WILL BE LOST! This is also why it's so annoying, as you have to wait for a sale or personal mail from another player that you can use as deletion fodder.

[Example; If you have a piece of mail that says "Outbid on Item Abc123", but the reimbursement you should have is not attached, then do NOT delete that clone mail until you receive it from the true mail that is being hidden.]

Although I have no direct evidence that it's actually the Mail System that's bugging up instead of the Auction House, I have been testing this for the past hour with the same results every single time.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: It turns out that my Bug Report window is locking up for an unknown reason, so if someone wants to submit a Bug Report or Ticket with this information for the Devs to review, please feel free to do so! I'd rather have this information submitted by someone else than wait and hope that the Devs come across this thread and my post.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I figured out the problem, but not exactly whats causing it. [.....]

This is amazing feedback that the devs actually can do something with.

My hat off to you sir.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is amazing feedback that the devs actually can do something with.

My hat off to you sir.

My pleasure.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bug submitted. Hopefully we'll get some kind of response.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I hope this is actually the main problem, too. It would be fantastic if something like this were to be fixed sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ticket ID #1,592,15.
    That's a helluva lot of bugs since the 25th. If it reset at that day, that is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ticket ID #1,592,15.
    That's a helluva lot of bugs since the 25th. If it reset at that day, that is.

I think it did reset on public OBT launch day, ****... lol!
  • Options
    zeyphr05zeyphr05 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this just happened to me. I was literally looking at my bids and my dungeon queue popped. my 200k bid on a companion was gone and I haven't seen anything since. No mail, nothing. Hopefully I am just not out 200k AD..
  • Options
    malcormalcor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, I made a post about this happening to me today but apparently losing 20k in astral diamonds was not enough to get it noticed. I converted Zen to Ad to buy a mount. When I checked on it later, the auction was gone and I never received my ad back in email or as rough diamonds. It is just gone and that bs when you lose real money. When I get them back I will consider spending again. But for now, no more money from me.

I should clarify one thing, I never received ANY email at all. Nothing!
  • Options
    mimterestmimterest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My bet on this is that turned up under Astral Diamond Exchange -> Listings tab. If you try to buy zen for a price noones selling for, then it become a listing as a "I'd like to buy X zen for Y diamonds each".
    Can you see if it is there?

Ah, you're right! False alarm here. And the mail bug has been found out too! no Astral Diamonds seem to be lost due to system overload or whatever then, they just have to fix the mail bug!
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured out the problem, but not exactly whats causing it.

Basically, what's occurring when you are outbid on an item, purchase an item, or even sell an item is a Mail System bug and not a bug with the Auction House (I assume). More or less, your mail/letters are being cloned and read initially, by you. This is why they contain nothing, they're doubles.

To further explain, here's an example;

I just purchased two level 26 hats from the Auction House (as a test). One was a flat Buyout and the other was a Bid that I had won. The problem is that when I went to the mail box I noticed that even though I had two pieces of mail, each stating that I had purchased both items, neither of the items were actually being provided in either mail as an attachment.

Now, here is where it gets interesting, and here is also how I found out the mail is being cloned; If you were to say, SELL an item on the market, or even select an older piece of mail and delete it, you'll notice immediately that ALL of your hidden mail will suddenly appear. The mail that shows up might be a double of what you already have in your inbox (such as a reimbursement for being outbid), but this is your 'true' mail and it SHOULD have the proper attachments.

The key to this trick is that you HAVE to delete a piece of mail in order to see all of your actual mail, and not just the clone mail. It should also be noted that you SHOULD NOT delete the clone mail that is supposed to have your attachments before collecting them or the attachments WILL BE LOST! This is also why it's so annoying, as you have to wait for a sale or personal mail from another player that you can use as deletion fodder.

[Example; If you have a piece of mail that says "Outbid on Item Abc123", but the reimbursement you should have is not attached, then do NOT delete that clone mail until you receive it from the true mail that is being hidden.]

Although I have no direct evidence that it's actually the Mail System that's bugging up instead of the Auction House, I have been testing this for the past hour with the same results every single time.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: It turns out that my Bug Report window is locking up for an unknown reason, so if someone wants to submit a Bug Report or Ticket with this information for the Devs to review, please feel free to do so! I'd rather have this information submitted by someone else than wait and hope that the Devs come across this thread and my post.

****! I noticed that when I deleted mail a bunch of mail appeared and doubled up. But I never put two and two together. I've lost quite a bit of AD's thanks to this ridiculous bug.

A real shame Cryptic took such an apathetic approach to CBT and let stuff like this through.

Thank you so much for this.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have lost real (AH) mails with attachments by deleting old mails sent between characters.

Gone are 2 blues and 450k AD

They need to close the AH until this is fixed, as I have yet to hear of one person that got any AD back from Cryptic ....

Did receive an email 4 days later stating I needed to file a bug report and not a support ticket >.> Form letter.

They can't do that internally lol? What a farce
This discussion has been closed.