test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.30

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
This build is set to go live at 6AM PDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2013.

Caturday Survivor's Pack
  • Everyone will receive a pack that includes a cape, a title, and a couple other items as a sign of our appreciation for players bearing with us through Sunday's downtime. More details to come at 6AM Pacific, during maintenance!

UPDATE: For more details, check out this news post.

Exploit Fixes
  • A major exploit in the Auction House has been closed off.
  • An exploit involving Jeweled Idols has been addressed. Rhix now exchanges Jeweled Idols directly for Astral Diamond Coffers in his store, which appears when a player has a Jeweled Idol in his or her inventory.*

*When opening Nightmare Lockboxes, players may sometimes get a Jeweled Idol.
-When holding the idol, go talk to Rhix, the kobold in Protector's Enclave next to the Wondrous Bazaar.
-This dialog is also available by clicking on the "Daily Quests" pane in the Landing Page (L key by default).
-Having the Jeweled Idol in your inventory unlocks a new "Store" option (this has replaced a quest named "Give Me the Idol").
-When clicking on the Store option, you may purchase a Coffer of Astral Diamonds for one Jeweled Idol each, and may repeat this as long as you hold at least one Jeweled Idol.
-Each Coffer of Astral Diamonds may be opened for 40,000 Astral Diamonds.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    good job ~
  • Options
    varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awesome! :cool:
  • Options
    raistlin336raistlin336 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    kobayashikumihokobayashikumiho Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Caturday... LOL! The cat jokes continue.
  • Options
    kubminogkubminog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Caturday Survivor's Pack
    • All characters created before 5:00 AM on Sunday, May 19 will find in their in-game mail a Caturday Survivor's Pack. This pack includes a cape, a title, and a couple other items to thank our players for bearing with us through Sunday's downtime.
    [/I]

This isn't a 'robust' pack? Or am I just whining..?
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Will the cape get swallowed up by my avatar's body? :eek:
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay. Good job Cryptic. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    zeninka666zeninka666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is "Caturday" ? :D

But I do have 1 question about the AH exploit, how come you guys make the exact same blunder in Neverwinter when a year ago you had this issue in "Star Trek Online".
    to me is seems like a simple copy paste AH code and forgot that it had the exploit... anyway good that you take action but this could have been prevented...
  • Options
    divinedingdivineding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erm so can we get a comfirmation is the AH/ DIAMOND exchange going live after the patch?
  • Options
    zierkzierk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19
    edited May 2013
    Awww still no texture on my body armor :/
  • Options
    codedizzlecodedizzle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what about my celestial coins!?!?!
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this rate, we're going to need a tab for 'capes' even just a social one, it kinda sucks that the cape goes in the same slot as my neck item.. I'd like to wear my foundry cape, or my ethereal cape, or the caturday cape, but I can't because my neck piece has much better stats and is invisible..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    sirfrogsirfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This build is set to go live at 6AM PDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2013.

Caturday Survivor's Pack
    • Everyone will receive a pack that includes a cape, a title, and a couple other items as a sign of our appreciation for players bearing with us through Sunday's downtime. More details to come at 6AM Pacific, during maintenance!
    [/I]

lol Caturday! Will the cape make my character meow? My current one makes him sound like a zombie. :p
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zeninka666 wrote: »
    When is "Caturday" ? :D

But I do have 1 question about the AH exploit, how come you guys make the exact same blunder in Neverwinter when a year ago you had this issue in "Star Trek Online".
    to me is seems like a simple copy paste AH code and forgot that it had the exploit... anyway good that you take action but this could have been prevented...

Things like this shouldn't ever happen. But exploits do tend to appear, and when the community finds out, it's already too late. Maybe they could've prevented it with what you say, but not even Blizzard Entertainment is free from these kind of exploits, as proven last week in Diablo 3.

These things happen... and they happen because programmers make mistakes (they are humans), and because people will try to get every advantage they can, instead of reporting the error.

A human is intelligent. The mob is not.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • Options
    goldmongoldmon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you kidding me? What are you going to do with the people that lost AD ?
  • Options
    saperzapersaperzaper Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I asume this means the AH/exchange is back up and working?
  • Options
    fatherblackwoodfatherblackwood Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome news, love the "Caturday" idea.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kubminog wrote: »
    This isn't a 'robust' pack? Or am I just whining..?

If you are whining , then that makes at least 2..Robust lol..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    phingersphingers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    goldmon wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? What are you going to do with the people that lost AD ?

Give them a pat on the head and say; "There, there, little one, do not cry, a lot of people lost some items and even a level or two, while going about their business and living their lives".

It was painful to a lot of people, but stuff happens, put on your big girl panties and accept the fact that this was caused by a bunch of jerks who were banned now. Either play the game and enjoy, or don't, whining gets no one anywhere.
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay title!
    Wait wait wait, does the cape have a cat on it. Dx CUZ THAT WOULD BE FREAKING AWESOME.
    :L Cats y u so cute y.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phingers wrote: »
    Give them a pat on the head and say; "There, there, little one, do not cry, a lot of people lost some items and even a level or two, while going about their business and living their lives".

It was painful to a lot of people, but stuff happens, put on your big girl panties and accept the fact that this was caused by a bunch of jerks who were banned now. Either play the game and enjoy, or don't, whining gets no one anywhere.

A bunch of jerks who got their mules banned for 72 hrs...Not even the rich mules..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOOT ! a CAPE ! Now I need to change my characters name to Lando .
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay title!
    Wait wait wait, does the cape have a cat on it. Dx CUZ THAT WOULD BE FREAKING AWESOME.
    :L Cats y u so cute y.

A cheeseburger would be way funnier !
  • Options
    azurealfangazurealfang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Digging the title.
  • Options
    odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Caturday Survivor's Pack

Wow... you guys should not try to be funny with that name of the pack... you are just not funny...

So no refund for all the lost coins or all the AD (from honest players) or people that lost even the stuff from their Lockboxes... cape and title that a "joke"
  • Options
    ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hoping the cape has a cat paw print logo on it. I can see my halfling cleric of Sheela Peryroyl wearing something like that.

Nice to see the devs sharing the laughs about the cat situation, and the pack is a nice gesture in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
  • Options
    idancingdragonidancingdragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But if everyone gets the same title, it really has no value whatsoever. You could just as well have none.
  • Options
    messorkamessorka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And the title is CATastrophic survivor?
  • Options
    lygerxlygerx Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    ok its wierd that we cant actually wear the said cape without having to use up a neck gear slot. i wonder why there isnt a specific item slot for back pieces????
  • Options
    xeromus20xeromus20 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Capes make everything worthwhile.. Now I can run around making woosh noises
    Paradigm - Instigator Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer - 13k GS
    Instigate and Eradicate
    Alek Silverkin - Sentinel Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer - 11k GS
    How do you kill that which gets tankier the more you hit it?
This discussion has been closed.