test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic-Dungeon: Castle Never

kiuzu007kiuzu007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello Com

I wanted to ask you if anyone of you defeated the last boss of the epic-dungeon castle never.

Our setup was: 1x GF - 2x GWF - 1x DC - 1x CW

Trash was hard and the third boss hard to kite, but killable. But the last boss ... no sun.

Any hints or help here at the forum or pm would be great.

It can't be serious that you need like 2x dc and 3x cw and just kick around the whole time

Regards
Post edited by kiuzu007 on

Comments

• demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • hirokittiehirokittie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^As per the link above, remove the GF and GWF. You need atleast 2 DC and a mix of CW and TR.
  • kiuzu007kiuzu007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah great suggestion, but we are a guild group and it can't be serious that you're only able to kill a boss with 3 of 5 classes, this sounds like a joke.
  • hirokittiehirokittie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is how the game is currently designed at this point. 2 DC 2 CW/TR and 1 CW/TR is the best current team composition. I played a 60 GWF and I can tell you based on experience that GF and GWF bring nothing to T2 Dungeon.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    you can kill him, but atm you will need to use 100% hp stone's because his damage is broken, well its more the add's deal with add's avoid Dracolitch's Line attacks and Aoe's.

you don't need x2 DC, but is easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The double shield from the DC is a known bug. Expect this strategy to be invalid in a future patch.
    edited May 2013
    danxbx wrote: »
    The double shield from the DC is a known bug. Expect this strategy to be invalid in a future patch.

In the year 2025 DC astral will no longer stack... this has been reported since beta months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2025 is the future... So yes.
  • kiuzu007kiuzu007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So its "bugged" that you can't kill the last boss of the last dungeon because its the beta or what?

The answer can't be to let 3 people of your party reroll their characters.

Also where is the sense of a guardian fighter if you don't really need a "tank"
  • xeromus20xeromus20 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 DC 2 CW 1 TR

double astral, cws black hole+push adds, tr solos every boss

summary of t2
    Paradigm - Instigator Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer - 13k GS
    Instigate and Eradicate
    Alek Silverkin - Sentinel Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer - 11k GS
    How do you kill that which gets tankier the more you hit it?
    edited May 2013
    He can be killed, did it last night and its true you don't need to tank the boss but a GF is golden on the add's, he just has to be careful the AOE the draolitch drops can catch him without dodge but you can get out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Make sure your GF actually has the requisite gear score. GF feats greatly inflate their gear score - with just the standard PvP epics (t1 gear) my GF landed at about 10.5k GS. Obviously, even tho his GS said he was prepared for t3 dungeons, he was not.

Devs need to look into reducing the bonus GS that GFs get from their feats. It really throws people off, think their characters are ready for things they are not.

Also, because of the way ALL skills stack, going with 2 DCs or 2 GFs is pretty crazy right now. Into the Fray, which doubles your parties run speed and action point gain, stacks, as does Knights Valor, which reduces everyones damage by 50% but sends it to the GF (with 2 running tho, it is AGAIN reduced by 50% including the damage that goes to the GF), and Villain's Menace stacks as well (reduces damage taken, increases damage dealt and increases size).

I've personally found the best setup to be 1 DC 2 CW and 2 GF. Your cleric will be able to throw 3 or 4 Hallowed Grounds down at a time, your CW's can constantly chain black whole over and over, everyone's run speed is tripled, no one in the party will ever take damage, and the GFs will maul the dracolich.
  • sordacsordac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    our GF has about 10k GS without the Bonus so that shouldn't be a problem

and stacking every spell just so i can use my Daily Power about 3-4 times realy fast can't be intended
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    sordac wrote: »
    our GF has about 10k GS without the Bonus so that shouldn't be a problem

and stacking every spell just so i can use my Daily Power about 3-4 times realy fast can't be intended

I highly doubt it is.

Again, tho, if your GF is conq specced especially, he probably has a highly inflated gear score. A conq specced GF should be at least 11.5 GS for t3s. The bonus to Power is always active as long as your shield bar is full, so it's extremely difficult to discern what your "real" gear score is.
  • sordacsordac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    he is about 13k GS with the Bonus and 10.5K Gs without the Power :)
    edited May 2013
    should be fine, but he needs to be on his toes, the Droclitch will 1 shot him if he gets caught in an AOE and you really can't spare time reviving in this fight, its tough but thoroughly enjoyable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    To my knowledge, the only groups that have killed this have been:

2x CW 1x TR 2x DC
    1x CW 2x TR 2x DC

I've killed it with the 1x CW setup, me as the CW, you could probably bring a GWF or a GF in place of one of the TR's, but it would take forever. Unfortunately, with the game the way it stands, GWF and GF are irrelevant classes in PvE.
    edited May 2013
    lupita170 wrote: »

2x CW 1x TR 2x DC
    1x CW 2x TR 2x DC

I've killed it with the 1x CW setup, me as the CW, you could probably bring a GWF or a GF in place of one of the TR's, but it would take forever. Unfortunately, with the game the way it stands, GWF and GF are irrelevant classes in PvE.

/sigh this stupid nonsense again. Its been cleared with all classes including GWF and GF, thier are working builds for Both check out the forums for GF who do 30mil damage in never (after Valient set bug) or GWF topping dam in Never, you prob need x2 DC if your pugging, with smart player's 1 DC is enough even better because you have more DPS I have cleared Never as a GF,DC & CW without 2/another DC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
    edited May 2013

2x CW 1x TR 2x DC
    1x CW 2x TR 2x DC

There are countless videos of groups of all compositions (including no TR and no CW) beating this dungeon on youtube.
    Stop repeating everything you hear on the interwebs, it makes you look stupid.
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    There are countless videos of groups of all compositions (including no TR and no CW) beating this dungeon on youtube.
    Stop repeating everything you hear on the interwebs, it makes you look stupid.

Show me then please, i didn't found one with a setup like ours.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiuzu007 wrote: »
    Show me then please, i didn't found one with a setup like ours.

It's possible but most of them use the exploit. Confirmed the exploit has not been fixed despite being reported countless times since beginning of May. It was still not fixed as of this morning.
  • kuzmaakimovichkuzmaakimovich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been done with only 1 DC. And it's possible to do without exploiting by knocking the adds off too.
    Viceverza - Premonition (Dragon / Sen'jin)
    Youtube Channel
  • tyraniontyranion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiuzu007 wrote: »
    So its "bugged" that you can't kill the last boss of the last dungeon because its the beta or what?

The answer can't be to let 3 people of your party reroll their characters.

Also where is the sense of a guardian fighter if you don't really need a "tank"

Well, the sad truth is that you can't really expect to beat an endgame dungeon with the same ease if you're not optimizing your party makeup. Right now a GF or GWF is not optimal. You can probably carry 1 or even 2 of them through Castle Never, but 3 is ridiculous.
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure it's possible with a mix of 2 out of 3 of the dps classes and then either 1 tank 1 healer or 2 healers dude. I've been hearing this "omg you need 2 clerics for this !?!?!?" Bullcrap allaround, generally speaking you can do most things with most lineups (again obviously you want 1 healer and 1 tank or 2 healers and a good mix of dps, not 3 of the same class).
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    you can kill him, but atm you will need to use 100% hp stone's because his damage is broken, well its more the add's deal with add's avoid Dracolitch's Line attacks and Aoe's.

you don't need x2 DC, but is easier.

This is false, you do not need any zen items to beat him.
  • byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013

2x CW 1x TR 2x DC
    1x CW 2x TR 2x DC

My group has killed it with 1 CW, 1 TR, 1 GF, 2 DC several times now.
  • tyraniontyranion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been done with only 1 DC. And it's possible to do without exploiting by knocking the adds off too.

Knocking off adds isn't exploiting. What else are knockbacks good for? Is it exploiting to knock off adds in Temple of the Spider too? Or Spellplague? If the devs didn't want people to use knockbacks, they would place the boss fight in an enclosed arena like Karrundax or Frozen Heart, but no, the dracolich is surrounded by a bottomless pit for a reason.
  • kuzmaakimovichkuzmaakimovich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF are also better dps than a CW if played properly.
    Viceverza - Premonition (Dragon / Sen'jin)
    Youtube Channel
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont think anyone even the devs can beat the dracolich in a fair encounter without using some lame strategy/exploits . Right now the only even viable way with a chance of winning is the same old knock off mobs, wear down boss game. Boring time consuming garbage.

I spent 3hrs+ in there just for crappy item drops. One dumb enchantment SHARD, not even a bloody full enchantment and a silly epic from each boss. Waste of time.

The dracolich is ridiculous. We have 2 rotating CW that knock mobs off the edge and still got overwhelmed at 30% hp left. The intensity of the fight and mind focus required is insane. My head still hurts after the failed fight.

I had enough of neverwinter silly dungeons. The whole game is a MESS.

Broken boss fight
    Broken dungeon finder
    Broken AH
    Broken pvp
    Broken powers/feats
    Exploits EVERWHERE.
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Meh I think people is just overly bent around the "need 2 DC to be able to run a dungeon and 2 CW to knock off adds at bosses". They are crutches, expecially the double shield. The knockbacks are there for a reason, and the boss arenas are designed with pits for that reason as well, but they are not NECESSARY AND MANDATORY to do every frigging boss in the game. The problem is that everyone thinks they are. Geeze.
    Just did Spellplague in a PUG with a wizard that forgot to get repell and couldn't buy a respec token before the AH/Trade was taken down. Me, the wizard and cleric just DPSed down the adds while two rogues were on the boss. Guess what, it worked just fine, and we often had time to spare between add waves. Just by killing them. IN A PUG, with only me and the rogue with anything higher than t1 gear. Now I don't know about the dracolich since I haven't done it yet, but seriously this "You MUST do this or you will fail! I say so!" mentality is getting old.