test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aren't they already planning a wipe?

geldongeldon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was looking at the extended FAQs thread, and it says:
Will there be a character wipe before Headstart begins?

Yes.
Assuming we're still in open beta and the headstart has not begun, which seems to be the case, it seems a wipe is already on its way.

That being the case, I'm guessing all astral diamonds will be wiped, and we'll just be left with the Zen damage that happened when conversion was done to astral diamonds. (If I were them, these Zen transactions would be where my main priority would be upon reversing from the logs.)

If I'm wrong, I'd like to know how.
Post edited by geldon on

Comments

• Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    geldon wrote: »
    I was looking at the extended FAQs thread, and it says:

Assuming we're still in open beta and the headstart has not begun, which seems to be the case, it seems a wipe is already on its way.

That being the case, I'm guessing all astral diamonds will be wiped, and we'll just be left with the Zen damage that happened when conversion was done to astral diamonds. (If I were them, these Zen transactions would be where my main priority would be upon reversing from the logs.)

If I'm wrong, I'd like to know how.

Headstart happened weeks ago.
  • Options
    phreskophresko Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe headstart was before the open beta.
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    They said no wipe and the head start I assume was for those who paid for it?
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The headstart refers to the Open Beta's headstart.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Headstart for Founders already happened at the end of April. No character wipes will happen again in Neverwinter according to last weekend's problems. If they didn't do a wipe then, then they will never do a wipe until the servers permanently close.
  • Options
    geldongeldon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Headstart happened weeks ago.

Really? Then why isn't it posted anywhere that Neverwinter is actually released?

The official front page of the game still has, "apply for open beta" listed.

The founders packs (which I assumed are only supposed to be available pre-release) are still being sold.

The extended FAQs and all other FAQs says that the game will be released "early 2013" with no date listed for release.

Even the Wikipedia entry does not list when Neverwinter will be released, only that the open beta started on April 30th.

Gods, this is confusing. If this is head start, than this is not like any previous MMORPG's release I've ever seen, and I've seen dozens.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Then why isn't it posted anywhere? The official front page of the game still has, "apply for open beta" listed. The founders packs (which are supposed to be only available pre-release) are still being sold. And the extended FAQs and all other FAQs says that the game will be released "early 2013" with no date listed for release. Even the Wikipedia entry does not list when Neverwinter will be released, only that the open beta started on April 30th.

PWE's Open Beta is actually what is called a soft launch.
  • Options
    phreskophresko Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "open beta" is pretty much the release, just with less commitment. :)
  • Options
    lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    wait a minute.. I looked every where for a head start date for this game there is none? so this is open beta with head start upon release?
  • Options
    thepasherthepasher Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    PWE's Open Beta is actually what is called a soft launch.

^^ This... If they say "no more wipes" and are willing to take your money it's a "soft launch." :cool:
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh my, the OP is a day late and a dollar short. :D
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Whatever they want to call it, open beta, soft launch etc the game is live, accepting money and no more wipes. That is a launched game, regardless of the company line or what the people who drink the cool-aid believe.
  • Options
    skreebusskreebus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The founders packs ($200 and $60 versions) offered the headstart before open beta started. The $200 was 5 days early and the $60 was 3 days early. There was a wipe before that. The headstart was only to give paying players a headstart on the open beta. I had the $200 version so I started before the 30th of April which was the date the game went open beta aka the "release".
  • Options
    awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Man, I've done soft launches before, and this one is like no other I've been in. They usually actually announce the date of they are planning to be "released" in a soft launch, and Neverwinter has not.

In any case, given this recent astral diamond fiasco, I imagine they're really regretting their decision right now to do no more wipes. Even their playerbase is against them on this one, at least if the forum vocal majority is of any indication.
  • Options
    lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    skreebus wrote: »
    The founders packs ($200 and $60 versions) offered the headstart before open beta started. The $200 was 5 days early and the $60 was 3 days early. There was a wipe before that. The headstart was only to give paying players a headstart on the open beta. I had the $200 version so I started before the 30th of April which was the date the game went open beta aka the "release".

the Op is right so far as I know headstart has not happened only early acess dates no definitive headstart and there will be a wipe be for that happens what they said
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Headstart was April 25th for HotN founders, 5 days before OB.
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Notice if you buy a Founders pack today, the Head Start Perk is gone, because that already happened. I like how they have the $200 one now valued at $700, lolz.
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    Whatever they want to call it, open beta, soft launch etc the game is live, accepting money and no more wipes. That is a launched game, regardless of the company line or what the people who drink the cool-aid believe.

99% of Asian MMO companies operate this way when it comes to open beta. No reason to not dish out cash shop stuff if they no longer plan to wipe chars.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soft Launch. kinda like a "Soft Opening" for a restaurant, where they kinda just open the doors but don't tell anyone or have a grand opening ceremony.

"Open Beta" is just an excuse provided by PWE so that fanboys can use it to defend each and every issue the game has, no matter how small or how large.

and the "Open Beta" designation is supposed to protect Neverwinter from bad reviews from gaming publications.

that said, the state of the game itself, is obviously beta quality. but the Beta Quality Neverwinter is actually really good, imo. Which to me says that once the necessary work to fix the game's issues are done, we'll have a very, very high-quality game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Headstart was April 25th for HotN founders, 5 days before OB.

post this confirmation of headstart I must have missed it all I got was an email stating what date I could join the open beta?
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Closed Beta >> Head Start >> Beta (you are here) >> Launch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lieo wrote: »
    post this confirmation of headstart I must have missed it all I got was an email stating what date I could join the open beta?

Again notice the Founders packs you can buy today. Headstart is no longer listed. The search continues...
  • Options
    krisstina2333krisstina2333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    Soft Launch. kinda like a "Soft Opening" for a restaurant, where they kinda just open the doors but don't tell anyone or have a grand opening ceremony.

"Open Beta" is just an excuse provided by PWE so that fanboys can use it to defend each and every issue the game has, no matter how small or how large.

and the "Open Beta" designation is supposed to protect Neverwinter from bad reviews from gaming publications.

that said, the state of the game itself, is obviously beta quality. but the Beta Quality Neverwinter is actually really good, imo. Which to me says that once the necessary work to fix the game's issues are done, we'll have a very, very high-quality game.

Consider the coding mistake shows in this event and the flawed design, I dont see how this is a really good beta quality...
    Do you know how many people confused by the one-man party, who running around and wondering why they are stuck with the last instance and cant queue again?Even the mighty kripparrian?
    Do you know how long you have to queue with a full party before you can enter the dungeon?
    Do you know why GF got kicked and zone spawn with LF2DC/CW?
    And much more~
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the Op is right so far as I know headstart has not happened only early acess dates no definitive headstart and there will be a wipe be for that happens what they said

The devs have stated there will be no more wipes. The one before open beta was the last.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neverlaguneneverlagune Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Normally its Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta, Headstart, Launch

But this is what real quality MMOS do...
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

From an email entitled "Neverwinter Headstart Begins April 25th!" from April 19th. With the following text.

As one of the Neverwinter Founders, the gates to Neverwinter will open early just for you! You will be able to claim your guild name, explore the Foundry, and dungeon delve before everyone else!

If you are a Hero of the North, you will be able to play Neverwinter starting April 25th at 9am Pacific.

If you are a Guardian of Neverwinter, you will be able to play Neverwinter starting April 27th at 9am Pacific.

Everyone else will be able to play Neverwinter starting on April 30th at 9am Pacific.

You can pre-download the Open Beta launch client on April 20th. If you already have the client, you can start patching to the Open Beta launch client on that same day!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The head start occurred before open beta. There will be no more character wipes.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In any case, given this recent astral diamond fiasco, I imagine they're really regretting their decision right now to do no more wipes. Even their playerbase is against them on this one, at least if the forum vocal majority is of any indication.

That poll is useless in pointing out that their "playerbase is against them" unless you consider 1,872 people (at the present time) the games entire playerbase.

Regardless of them regretting their decision or not that's the law of the land now: no wipes. It just seems some people have a problem with that and can't let it go.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    That poll is useless in pointing out that their "playerbase is against them" unless you consider 1,872 people (at the present time) the games entire playerbase.

Regardless of them regretting their decision or not that's the law of the land now: no wipes. It just seems some people have a problem with that and can't let it go.

Well of course it does. 1872 people is clearly the majority of the players. It couldn't be oh 100 times that or more. Nah that would be strange... Right?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]